Start by marking “Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)” as Want to Read:
Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)

Mia and the Bad Boy

(Backstage Pass #2)

This good girl’s about to meet her match…

Published (first published May 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Mia and the Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mia and the Bad Boy

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“You are one weird girl,” Ryder said, but in his head he really meant, You are like no girl I have ever met. You are like no girl I ever thought I would meet.

This was a cute YA contemporary romance with a bad-boy rock star.

I liked both Ryder and Mia, Ryder was a bit of a bad-boy and was adorably rude, whilst Mia was very much a good girl, and not the type to dr
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Paula

You swooned over Miles. Now ready your hearts... because Ryder is about to steal it. Turns out, our bad boy is not so bad after all. When does fake becomes real? Hearts gets tested, secrets were revealed but the swoonfest continues!

I love how Ryder isn't what you really see and there's so much more from him. I enjoyed every moment of getting to know Ryder and his past and his road to redemption was so hilarious and heartfelt! His whole persona was really mysterious from the first book and it
Glass
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, angst, music
Sweet story and perfect pick for fans of boy bands like One Direction.
I think I would have probably enjoyed it more back when I was 12 or 15.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I was so excited to read this book because I love the premise of a good girl and a bad boy falling in love. I often feel like I can relate to the good girl character, so I love putting myself in their shoes and pretending like the bad boy is falling in love with me. Mia was the good girl character in this book, but she wasn't as relatable as I thought she would be. What I didn't really understand about Mia's character was how snarky/sassy she was right off the bat. Her character came off as bein ...more
Joli
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warning: Reading the Backstage Pass series will lead to endless hours of watching your favorite boy band videos on YouTube.

When I found out that Lisa Burstein was writing a new YA novel, this author fangirl did a fist pump to more books from a favorite author. When I found out that the book was about boy bands and fangirls and it would be part of a series, I did a giddy happy dance because I knew that this would be such a "me" book. And it is. I loved it!!

Mia and the Bad Boy is the second book o
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I want to thank Entangled Teen for supplying me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has not altered my opinion or review.

I liked the first book in this series. It was really cute. But this one? This one was really great. I mean bad boy meets good girl? What could go wrong/right there? Just about everything!

Mia is a good girl. She has spent her life pleasing her parents. Doing as they say so she can be successful in what her future holds. When
Portia Lynn (itsportiasbooks)
I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review from Entangled via Netgalley.

This is the second book in the Backstage pass series. The first one followed Aimee and Miles from the boy band Seconds to Juliet, and this one follows the BAD BOY, Ryder, and Mia.

I definitely liked this one better!

Ryder is so funny. I found myself laughing out loud at a lot of his comments - mostly the one directed at Miles! The jokes are so terrible and hilarious! Maybe I am easily amused, but I also pick up on
Ophelia London
I snagged this ARC extra-early bc I'm friends with the author. Heehee And, DUDE, am I glad I did! This book had me smiling, laughing, melting and swooning with every turn of the virtual page. Yes, I obviously adored the scenes with "Miles" from book #1 (and Ms Burstein did a fab job with him!), but the whole book is so much fun. Ryder is the perfect surely, smartass, sexy bad boy. And oooh, when sweet, good girl Mia starts to soften him, it's swoon central!

“Program your number in here in case we
Rahmi
3.5 Bad Boy Stars

The story was still about the member of famous boyband, Seconds to Juliet (S2J) and I was still imagining them like 1D. I'm sorry but I couldn't help it.

description

This time, it was the ‘bad boy’ Ryder Brooks. Short story, no one know that Ryder didn’t graduate from his high school, except his manager for S2J, LJ Pearl. To solved that, LJ hired a tutor to helped Ryder study so he can pass his GED. Mia Reyes was a smart girl and her parents were working for LJ. LJ hired Mia to became Ryder’
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
4 bad boy stars!

Good old young adult with all the swoony moments and the fun stuff. Seconds to Juliet is fast becoming one of my favorite fictional boy bands to be honest and I'll just fangirl for a moment... OMG I loved it just like the first one, this series is really restoring my faith in YA to be honest! Happily looking forward to more S2J boys! There...

One band, five boys, five stories written from five different authors, still part of the same series, how freaking cool and unique is that?
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"5 out of 5 stars!! When Mia gets the chance of a lifetime to associate with her all-time crush--Ryder--for a month, she leaps at the opportunity. However, as soon as she arrives all her hopes of it being a "fun" experience disappears in the wake Ryder's personality. Yet, as their "relationship" progresses they find that they have more in common than they thought. Though will their differences be too much for them to overcome or will they be able to work through whatever comes their way?

This was
Elizabeth Mathis
This good girl’s about to meet her match…

Ryder Brooks is living the dream—he’s famous, loved by millions of girls, and miserable. All he really wants is to write his own music, not Seconds to Juliet’s sugary sweet pop. In order to do that, though, the “bad boy” of the band will have to play by the rules. And that includes behaving with his new—and super cute—über-good-girl tutor.

Mia Reyes is in fangirl heaven. Tutoring her favorite member of her favorite band? It’s a dream come true…until it tur
Jen
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check out my full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review.

Mia and the Bad Boy by Lisa Burstein is the second novel in the multi-authored Backstage Pass series from Entangled Publishing young adult (YA) arm, Entangled Crush. Ryder Brooks, Seconds to Juliet's very own bad boy, has a dream and wants to take the necessary steps in order to achieve that dream by hiring a private tutor to help him study for his GED. Wh
Kristen
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
GENRE: Young Adult
THEME: Romance, Rock Band, Contemporary
RECEIVED: Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/
3.5 Stars

REVIEW:
I’m a fan of the bad boys, it’s those dark, moody and mysterious guys that have such an interesting story. Even though I hadn’t read the first in the backstage series, I was easily able to grasp the world of the band boy life and how each guy is struggling with many different personal issues.

Mia and the Bad Boy follows, Ryder Brooks who the “bad boy” of the band Seconds t
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
****Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World.****:)

I absolutely loved this book! The first book in the series, Aimee and the Heartthrob was such a cute romantic story that when I found out that there was going to be a second book in the series, I couldn't pass down the opportunity to read it. The characters are different just so that everyone knows, but they are linked since they are part of a band, so we do get to see the previous characters in the this book as well. This book had me lau
Lindy
My Thoughts:

Mia and the Bad Boy, is the second book in the Backstage Pass Series, but can be read as a standalone. It was a sweet, and cute little romance, that was low on angst, and drama. The story is told from the dual perspectives of famous "bad boy" musician, Ryder Brooks, and intelligent, dedicated, and hardworking, high school student, Mia Reyes.

Despite fame and fortune, Ryder Brooks is miserable in his band, Seconds to Juliet. He is in a "boy band" and forced to write and sing pop music.
diana
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Click here for MIA AND THE BAD BOY Blog Tour and enter the giveaway!

Rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
I have been a huge fan of Lisa Burstein ever since I've read Dear Cassie. So when I heard about her newest book that is sure to make anyone swoon, who am I not to jump on the chance to read it?
I've always been a softie when it comes to ya contemporary. Especially so when it comes with a bad boy, big time rockstar who falls for the ordinary, small town good girl. So just imagine my excitement when I got a
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

Mia and the Bad Boy was a fun quick read. I didn't know that this book was part of a series (the second book) and although I would have loved to have known more about the other characters mentioned, it didn't stop me from enjoying this book because it reads like a good stand-alone.

Mia is the good girl. Ryder is the bad boy. She is paid to become his tutor, but because Ryder doesn't want anyone else to know about why she's hanging around with Seconds to Juliet, he claims s
Krystianna
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
**Thank you to Entangled Crush for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!**

Mia and the Bad Boy was the perfect companion to Aimee and the Heartthrob! It followed yet another boy in the band, Ryder Brooks. Ryder is the classic bad boy of the group and he doesn't even really want to be a part of the band anymore. He wants to right his own music; music that he's writing for himself rather than what he knows will please his fans.

The thing is, Ryder Brooks has a secret. He f
Deanna
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
rc provided by Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review *

I am so in love with this series, and I’m seriously in love with Ryder Brooks. There’s just something about a bad boy, especially when he isn’t nearly as bad as he pretends to be. He doesn’t want to care about people, about Mia, but it’s very obvious that he does. He cares what people think. What Mia and the guys think. Their opinions matter to him, even if he pretends they don’t, which is what makes Ryder so endearing to me. He’
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

It's been a long time since I've read a YA (at least, one that wasn't about to come out on the big screen). When I saw this one and learned about Entangled's new YA line, Crush, I was intrigued. It almost has a feel of NA in it--the main characters are under 18, but the theme is a little more mature. So, I was sold...and I devoured the story!

Mia gets the opportunity to tutor Ryder in his studies while he tours. Unfortun
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
Mia and the Bad Boy is the second book in the backstage series. I loved Aimee and Miles, but I was very excited to know the other boys in S2J. In Mia and the Bad Boy, we get to know Ryder a bit more; I mean who wouldn’t want to read a story about the bad boy in the band. Ryder needs to get his GED so he can apply to college, the thing is he needs a little help studying, and that’s where Mia comes in. Mia is on tour to help him study, but he doesn’t want anyone to know so Ryder pretends that Mia ...more
Kristi
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: may-2015
This story was so, so good. From the beginning I was hooked. I just loved the edginess to this story. A rocker falling in love with a high school girl that is his tutor. It was just a really heartwarming, lovable story. This story had me smiling, laughing, some awww moments. Some sad moments, it just gave you so many moments that makes you feel good. You will want to continue to read until the very end.

I loved Ryder as the bad boy rocker. There was just something and I knew he was going to turn
Irene

Mia and the Bad Boy was a sweet, fun and entertaining read, I really enjoyed it.

Both Ryder and Mia were great characters, I enjoyed seeing them connect.

This was a quick and fun read. I'm really enjoying the Backstage Pass series, looking forward to the next book Daisy and the Front Man

Thank you Entangled Crush via Netgalley for the advance copy in exchange for my honest thoughts.
Mandi Alva
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

I really really really liked this book. I think I liked it more than the first in the series. I just loved these characters so much more. Again, this series is just super fun and easy to read which is just what you need sometimes am I right? I really enjoyed seeing more of this world and all these characters. I hope that there continue to be more books in this series!
Heather andrews
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ryder was such a sweet boy and had exceptional manners warm and inviting, not, "eff me.” He ran a hand through his bangs. “I guess you should come in, then." He's one of those guys that says what comes to mind, "I kind of figured you weren’t easy,” he said, staring down at her Keds." He's not afraid to show his real emotions, "eff, Miles, yes, I’m crying, or as close to it as I get." I enjoyed this book there were no naughty bits, but there was some kissing.
Leslie Penrod
I was givin this book via net galley ih exchange for review
I loved Mia and the bad boy it was a sweet romantic read If you loved Amiee and the heart throb than this is your next read !!!! MORE SECONDS TO JULIET HOTTIES PLEASE :)
Erica
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The complete version of this review can be found on What Am I Reading?

Rate: 2

I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Misleading cover and synopsis: The cover, if you really analyse it, makes it seem like Mia is the type of girl that wears rockstar style clothing, plays the guitar, and makes out with guys against a brick wall. That's not true. Mia is the pink-polo-shirt-wearing type of girl, she can't play the guitar to save her life, and until much later in the book,
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

I’ll be honest here, we weren’t exactly excited to read this book, because neither me or Cátia liked Aimee and the Heartthrob, but we have the whole series, and we just wanted to advance a bit, so we went for it. Oh boy… yeah… NO. At this point I’m thinking that I just kind of want to give up on the whole thing, even though it’s an ARC and I should really read the whole 5 books, right?!

EITHER WAY, WE READ IT. WE DIDN’T LIKE IT.

The plot is simple enough and it could have work
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this sway either my review or my rating!

This has been such a fun series so far. I mean, I realize it's only two books in but with 5 books from 5 different authors you never know what to expect. The only one of the 5 authors I'd ever read any books from before this was Ophelia London, so it was a bit worrisome reading and falling in love with the fir
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Abby and the Cute One (Backstage Pass, #5)
  • Aimee and the Heartthrob (Backstage Pass #1)
  • Resisting the Rebel
  • The Secret Life of a Dream Girl (Creative HeArts, #4; Dahlia and Keegan, #1)
  • Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance (Creative HeArts, #3; Mariely and Cabot #1)
  • Paper or Plastic
  • Finding Perfect (Finding Perfect #1)
  • Rachel's Deception (Temptation, #4)
  • The Breakup Support Group
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
  • This Book Will Change Your Life
  • Your B&B or Mine? (Maple Cove, #1)
  • I Do (If Only..., #3)
  • The A-Word (Sweet Dead Life, #2)
  • The Twilight Swimmer
Lisa Burstein is a tea seller by day and a writer by night. She received her MFA in Creative Writing from the Inland Northwest Center for Writers at Eastern Washington University. She is the author of Pretty Amy, The Next Forever, Dear Cassie, Sneaking Candy, The Possibility of Us and Again. As well as a contributor to the essay collection, Break These Rules: 35 YA Authors On Speaking Up, Standing ...more

Backstage Pass (6 books)
  • Aimee and the Heartthrob (Backstage Pass #1)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Abby and the Cute One (Backstage Pass, #5)
  • Backstage Pass: The Complete Series
“He’d thought about writing a song for Mia to express the
way he felt about her, but he understood now that their kiss
was his song, his promise.
It was all he would ever have to say.”
3 likes
“After all that, you haven’t even taken a drink.” Mia
smiled.
He’d forgotten the bottle was still in his hand. He
dropped it, and it rolled along the floor. “In the desert of my
life,” Ryder said, “kissing you is my water.”
3 likes