Start by marking “A Life Worth Fighting (Fighting to Survive Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Life Worth Fighting (Fighting to Survive Trilogy Book 1)

A Life Worth Fighting (Fighting to Survive #1)

Leah and Robert Grether face many battles after losing their only child, three-year-old Jamie. Leah still grieves and battles depression while Robert fights his own inner demons of guilt.

As they try to move on, their attempts to conceive work.

Leah is making progress. Her business is thriving and her pregnancy is progressing. Robert is a pro boxer with a personal and prof
Kindle Edition, First, 240 pages
Published June 19th 2015 by Brenda Kennedy

To ask other readers questions about A Life Worth Fighting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life Worth Fighting

Amy Sperry
May 09, 2015 Amy Sperry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One cannot go wrong with one of Brenda's books. I love digging into a new series of and being able to follow the main characters throughout. I have yet to be disappointed and will be eagerly awaiting # 2!!! I dont even have to think twice about pre-ordering any of her work because no matter what the $ amount, they are well worth it! Brenda is good at throwing a sudden twist in that you could never expect which i think is part of what makes her writing so good. A Life Worth Fighting brings home a ...more
May 09, 2015 Casey rated it it was amazing
Once again Brenda Kennedy has started out a new series with a BANG! This story ties all the characters we have grown to love together and it makes you feel like you actually KNOW these characters. This is an emotional roller coaster with the loss of a child and starting over. I was drawn into the book from the first page and read it within a matter of hours. Of course no Brenda Kennedy book would be complete without a cliffhanger ending (and what an ending it was!). Mrs. Kennedy has once again m ...more
Melissa Harvey
May 12, 2015 Melissa Harvey rated it it was amazing
Well Brenda Kennedy does it again! I can not even explain to you how amazing this book was. The beginning of Bobby and Leah's story picks up exactly where we last saw them in the Freedom Trilogy. Bobby and Leah's love shines through and you can't help but to love them as if you knew them personally. This book pulled at my heart strings and I found myself laughing with them crying with them and having my heart break for them. While I love all of Brenda's books I have a feeling this will be my fav ...more
Jul 02, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
Leah and robert grether face many battles after tragedy Robert still dealing with guilt as they try to move on,there attempts to conceive worked leah is making progress her business is thriving pregnancy is progressing,Robert is a pro-boxer with a personal and professional goals of taking championship title away from Abel kennedy who he lost to already.Leah realises Robert won't stop until gets second chance to fight him.loved storyline & characters well done brenda kennedy on an heartfelt e ...more
Jun 24, 2015 BooksandBeyondFiftyShades rated it really liked it
*~*~4.5 STAR REVIEW*~*~

A Life Worth Fighting (Fighting to Survive Trilogy Book 1)
Brenda Kennedy

New series, we first meet them in the freedom series.

Leah and Robert Grether have been to hell and back, key work “back”. They are once again reunited. But that doesn’t mean the struggles are over, in fact new challenges are going to test them once again.

Grief, depression, guilt, are a deadly cocktail, most don’t survive what they have been through. It depends if you’re strong eno
Heather Cicio
May 11, 2015 Heather Cicio rated it it was amazing
I was extremely lucky to receive an ARC of this book from the author. As far as an honest review, the truth is I don't think I could put into words how wonderful I think this book is. We met Bobby and Leah Grether in the last series by Brenda, The Freedom Trilogy. A broken man on the verge of giving up because of immense guilt and heart break after the loss of his only daughter in a car accident. He blames himself, he hates himself, he wishes it was him. He leaves his wife while she is unconscio ...more
Dove Bailey
May 15, 2015 Dove Bailey rated it it was amazing
I’ve been given the honor of beta reading yet another one of Brenda Kennedy’s amazing books! A life worth fighting is an amazing story of Robert aka Bobby and Leah’s life. After tragically losing their 3 year old daughter in a horrific accident that left them both in a coma and lead Bobby on the destructional path of using drugs, they never thought their lives would return to normal. After reuniting with his wife and becoming sober Bobby gets his boxing career back on track. Right when Leah and ...more
Heather Schrader
Jun 17, 2015 Heather Schrader rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.
Brenda has another hit on her hands. This series is about Bobby and Leah. We meet Bobby in the Shattered Dreams series and I was really looking forward to reading his story.
This is a raw emotional poignant story about second chances and against all odd love does prevail. Of course we get to see all of the characters from her over series make appearances which was really nice to see. But of course Brenda being the queen of cliffhang
Jun 29, 2015 Romance rated it it was amazing
I was dying to know what Brenda was going to do with Bobby's story. I will say that I was not disappointed!

I enjoyed learning more about Robert and Leah's story. Their story is one of sadness and heartache. One that will make you think and appreciate life.

We met Robert in the FREEDOM TRILOGY and wondered what his story was, we got to see him at his lowest point in this series. We got bits and pieces of his story and wanted more!

We got more. The more we got kept us turning the pages, kept us eng
Heather  Cavanaugh
Jun 23, 2015 Heather Cavanaugh rated it it was amazing
Whoa cliffhanger. This was my first book by Brenda Kennedy and wow it was good. The story was told in multiple POV’s. I have to say Leah has the best job in the world she owns a bakery-coffee-bookstore.

Leah and Bobby Grether have suffered the loss of their daughter a few years ago. While the guilt still eats away at Bobby the depression slowly seeps in on Leah. Will they find their happiness again?

Bobby is a professional boxer. He wants to fight the champion Kennedy, but he has been out of the
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 20, 2015 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
Living after the tragedy of losing their only daughter has been difficult, but that have made one worth living. Leah' business has been growing and thriving and Robert's boxing career has been moving in the right direction. Not to say their aren't things that still scare them and that things are perfect no, not in the least. Leah is afraid of the match that Robert is trying to line up. To gain his title away from a man that has already killed another in the ring is frightening. But as I said the ...more
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

This is the first book I read from this author and I have to say that this book left me breathless and saying WTH as soon as I reached the end, and now I can't wait to continue on to the next installment because hot damn this book left me hooked in the end.

Leah and Robert both have suffered tremendously from depression due to the loss of their daughter. Leah shuts herself out and Robert takes off and Leah knows nothing of him for about a year a
Jul 02, 2015 Barb rated it it was amazing
This will be the second trilogy that I will have read from this brilliant author. If I could give more than 5 stars, she would get many many more. The characters from her Freedom Trilogy also are in this story but are not the main characters and I love how she keeps them around so you don't forget them while allowing you to get to know the characters in this particular story.
Leah is married to Bobby who is a boxer and they have suffered the worst possible thing a parent can ever go through, the
May 20, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
I was so excited to get my hands on this! I would give it a 4.5 but the app won't let me do that. This is the story of Bobby (Robert) and Leah. A very touching story of a couple trying to pick up the pieces of their lives after a very bad accident and the loss of their only child. Your heart breaks for them. You are also rooting for them, seeing what a strong couple they make together.

I have yet to decided if I absolutely love cliffhangers or I hate them.......I think it is both. This took a tu
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jun 27, 2015 Fee (Ebook Addicts) rated it it was amazing
I am loving Brenda Kennedy and after we briefly met Robert and Leah in her Freedom Trilogy, I was excited to read about them and I wanted to know more and see how their story turned out.

And I wasn't disappointed at all with A Life Worth Fighting. I can see this being a great trilogy already, Robert and Leah are just so good together and they have overcome so, so much that you can really see how much they love each other, this story will have you feeling every emotion and Brenda is great at makin
Aug 10, 2015 Cally rated it it was amazing
This book starts with a bang as Leah and her professional husband Robert (Bobby) Grether are facing the aftermath of losing their 3 year old Jamie. I was sobbing at this point.

Leah is still grieving whilst Bobby is battling his inner demons. Leah falls pregnant again and is thriving in her business.

Bobby in contrast is on a downward spiral of drink and drug's. He even vanishes for a year even has a affair which Leah forgives him for.

He finally cleans up his act and gets himself back into boxing
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchamge for an honest review.

I can't even explain to you how amazing this book was. The beginning of Bobby and Leah's story picks up exactly where we last saw them in the Freedom Trilogy. Bobby and Leah's love shines through and you can't help but to love them as if you knew them personally. This is an emotional roller coaster with the loss of a child and starting over. I was drawn into the book from the first page and read it within a matter of hours. I would recommend th
Zoe Wilson
Feb 22, 2016 Zoe Wilson rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2015 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read
Amazing book. Brenda Kennedy has done it again. She has pulled off her best book yet. As soon as I began reading this book, I lost all sense of self, as though becoming part of each story. This author immediately captivates you in her magical and intriguing web with a well paced story line and filled with characters who are so in depth that you find yourself feeling like you know them on a personal level. Brenda Kennedy's imagination and perception of how this stories should really be told is co ...more
She Hearts Books
Jun 25, 2015 She Hearts Books rated it really liked it
A Life Worth Fighting is an emotional rollercoaster that you just can't put down until the very end. Leah and Robert have suffered a great loss and are fighting for each other. Leah battles depression while Robert prepares for a battle in the ring. Their story will bring you to tears and have you turning page after page to find out what happens next. Brenda writes stories that have you on that ride with the characters wanting so much for them to keep fighting for the life they share.

I give A Lif
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
'I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review'

This is yet another heartfelt and emotionally gripping start of a trilogy from this amazing author. I have loved the books from the start with Angel and Mason and every book since. Each trilogy has cliffhangers and leaves you in anticipation of the next one. This one is no different. I can tell that I am going to be as invested and eager to read the rest of this trilogy as the others.

'Read and Reviewed
Jul 13, 2015 Judie rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

Oh Brenda!!! You have opened my heart wide open once again!!!! You're killin' me smalls! This read was amazing. Bobby and Leah's story will have you laughing, smiling, & crying big ol' crocodile tears. I was sucked into this story from the very beginning and I just fell in love with Bobby & Leah. My heart is all for them & let me just say that it ached for them too. Can't wait for the next book!!!

Cherye Elliott
Oct 29, 2015 Cherye Elliott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 1

I don't normally read this genre of books. Throughout the book I experienced a sense of calm. The characters were so abnormally calm. They were so good. So nice. It was frustrating not to have strife. Maybe this book is a lesson from Job in the Bible.

Did enjoy the book immensely. To paraphrase a part of this book, make the first book free and they will buy the other two. You got me.
Shaunna Armstrong
Aug 12, 2015 Shaunna Armstrong rated it it was amazing
After loosing their child in a car wreck Leah and Robert are doing OK. Everyday is a struggle but the two of them keep each other going. When they get news of Leah being pregnant again life seems to be going even better. Life comes knocking on their door again with another surprise though. Will they be able to fight this together or will Robert turn back to drugs while Leah finds that dark cloud again?
Ashley Stevenson
Jul 14, 2015 Ashley Stevenson rated it it was amazing
This is a sad and lovely story about Robert and Leah. Sometime things happen for a reason but no body should go through worrying about what child is theirs are not. Leah got to fight the depression and keep the baby healthy. Robert want to prove himself and fight Kennedy again to let everyone know he's stronger then ever now.
Erin Hennigan
Sep 24, 2015 Erin Hennigan rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I'm not sure I like the author's writing style. It seems kind of like a diary at times and it jumped around a bit. However, the cliff hanger and storyline interested me enough to give the second book a chance!
Kristin and Lacey
Brenda is the best

I have been hooked since her first trilogy!!! I can't ever put her books down. I highly recommend pre ordering!!!
Jun 20, 2015 Christina rated it it was amazing
This is a GREAT start to an all new trilogy by Brenda Kennedy!

This book is different from her other works, it's a bit steamier! It will draw you in and keep you hooked until the very last page.

Bobby and Leah have endured unimaginable loss, but have fought to overcome all the obstacles that have stood in their way. Their relationship is encouraging and a testament that love and forgiveness can overcome.

In true Brenda fashion, this is book 1 of her all new trilogy and it will leave you clamorin
Kayleigh Deal
May 15, 2015 Kayleigh Deal rated it it was amazing
Wow Leah's and Roberts story is beautiful!! Learning about little Jamie broken my heart!! I need the next book now! I need to know what happens after that heart stopping cliff hanger!
  • First and Goal (Moving the Chains, #1)
  • Piper Dreams Part One (The Dreams Trilogy #1)
  • Stay With Me Tonight (A Drake Brothers #1)
  • Just Keep Sweet (The Compound, #3)
  • Flagger - Red Bird Trail Trilogy #1
  • Noose (Road Kill MC, #1)
  • Me (Perfect Chaos, #1)
  • Promise
  • Where the Sun Hides (Seasons of Betrayal, #1)
  • Unrequited (Fallen Aces MC, #1)
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Waking Up (Healing Hearts, #1)
  • Reawakened Secrets (Reawakened, #1)
  • Manaconda (Hammered, #1)
  • Irons (Norfolk, #1)
  • Blizzard (The Brotherhood Journals)
  • Tension (By a Thread, #2)
  • Behind Secrets, Murder in Maitland (Madison Hart Mystery, #4 )
Brenda Kennedy is an award winner, an Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a Publishers Weekly bestselling author. She is a true believer of romance. Her stories are based on the relationships that define our lives - compassionate, emotionally gripping, and uplifting novels with true to life characters, that stay with her readers long after the last page is turned.

Her varied, not always pleasant backgro
More about Brenda Kennedy...

Fighting to Survive (4 books)
  • Against the Odds (Fighting to Survive Trilogy Book 2)
  • One Last Fight (The Fighting to Survive Trilogy Book 3)
  • The Fighting to Survive Boxset