Start by marking “The Tiny Potty Training Book: A simple guide for non-coercive potty training MULTIMEDIA VERSION” as Want to Read:

Just 60 years ago, over 92% of American children were potty trained by 18 months. After disposable diapers and the related message to wait for "readiness” hit the scene, American kids are now potty training at about 3 years old, leaving parents wondering: When is it okay to potty train? and How do I do it?

The Tiny Potty Training Book answers all of these questions and mor
Published April 6th 2015 by The Tiny World Company (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Tiny Potty Training Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tiny Potty Training Book

Ginelle
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Andrea, a pillar in today's Elimination Communication (EC) community, teaches us that potty training is more about the parent being ready than it is about the child being ready. While she emphasizes that every child, and every experience is different, she also tells us useful statistics to encourage and support us (like: in 1957 most kids [92%] were potty trained by 18 months, and today half of the world's children are potty trained by about 12 months, both are in contrast to the average of abou ...more
Gabby
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
When I read the first half of this book, the part about the actual potty training plan, I was super happy with it. If she'd stopped at page 75, this would be a four-star rating. As a plan for potty training, it's great (I haven't done it yet, but I intend to, and I know it's worked well for a friend). I also appreciated the general validation of what my mother's intuition was telling me: that my less-than-two child can potty train just fine.

That said, I got very annoyed reading the second half
Emily
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
I realize I'm full on nerd parenting when a book gets me pumped to potty train, but I am. In this book, Andrea gives you a brief history of potty training in our culture, versus other cultures and times. Encourages you to stay the course with a lot of great advice and resources. And there is a lined out plan; how wonderful it is to not actually have to plan out something yourself! I'm also going to pick up Diaper Free by 3 since she recommendeds it and devour any other information I can on "earl ...more
Katie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read three different potty training books. I used a hybrid of this book and Oh Crap! Potty Training. I prefer Andrea's tone and gentleness when speaking to parents. The method is very similar. I do wish it was slightly cheaper. The digital version was great, but with books it's nice to be able to share them with others. You can get a similar method for about a third of the price and 3 times as much sass with Oh Crap!
Elizabeth
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Thank you Andrea Olson for giving me the courage to do this cold turkey! Our 15-month-old daughter has been out of nappies for two weeks now, both day and nighttime, following a year of on-and-off EC which I feel definitely helped. Time to re-sell all those lovely cloth diaper covers. I won't miss (washing) them in the least.
PS. Congratulations on your baby!
Theresa
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading it, we'll see how I feel after I apply the method!
Katlyn Cox
Dec 29, 2018
Heather  Li
Mar 03, 2019
Jen Medos
rated it did not like it
Dec 24, 2016