Start by marking “Seeking Solace” as Want to Read:
Seeking Solace

Seeking Solace

Sometimes to take a step in the right direction you have to run away.

Sarah Collier’s life has always been scripted for her, according to the expectations of her domineering, socially-connected Connecticut family. Everything always went as planned…until the unthinkable happened moments before walking down the aisle. On a whim, she does the first thing that comes to mind—she
ebook
Published April 20th 2015 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Seeking Solace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeking Solace

Amy
Seeking Solace was a quick and easy read for me. It follows the story of Sarah and Bretton. Sarah has always done what was expected her. Even going as far to marry someone she didn’t really love. However, fate intervenes at the last minute. Moments before she is supposed to walk down the alise, she finds out her fiancee isn’t coming. On a whim, she takes off to Scotland where she was supposed to be going on her honeymoon.

Bretton, is a self-assured and flirtatious pub owner. He’s tired of the mon
Alison Ward
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great romance. I couldn't put it down. Adrienne did a great job describing scenery and characters that I felt like I had traveled to Scotland! This is a must read!
Samantha
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was pulled into Sarah's emotional turmoil right from the start of Seeking Solace. Dunning used her words to weave a beautiful and engaging story, causing me to be swept away into the peace of the Scottish countryside.
Sarah's father's phone call shattered that peace with expectations and a plan for her future that had me furious. The conversation with Bret that followed really gave me a great glimpse into his painful past. I felt for both of them and wanted so badly for them to hold tightly to
Books Laid Bare
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Life is what you make it and sometimes the toughest step to take is the first because once those wheels are in motion there is no turning back.
This was the case with Sarah Collier because she knows all too well what it was like to lead a life that has always been perfectly scripted and in some respects my heart broke for her but I was internally whooping when her penny dropped on the one day that everyone was supposed to be singing from the same hymn page – literally!
Because far from following t
Tope
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
They say don't judge a book by its cover. Unfortunately I tend to do this; it's a weakness of mine. Suffice it to say that when I received an ARC of this book I wasn't too gung-ho about reading it. Luckily for me, I pressed on and was pleasantly surprised.

This book follows Sarah who got stood up at the altar and so does the only thing she can think of - she escapes to her honeymoon on her own. While here, she discovers herself and figures out what it is she wants from life.

I enjoyed getting to k
Kristen Johnson
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Seeking Solace is more than a love story, its about finding yourself, finding your place in the world, and making your own decisions. It is also about finding love where you least expect it.

Upon leaving the states for Scotland, Sarah, isn't expecting anything special. She wants time to herself, time to move on and figure out what she wants to do next in her life. She needs to figure out who she is now, and how she wants to proceed in her life.

Bretton, a local pub owner/band member, finds himse
Shari
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed this book on behalf of A Kiss Down Under Book Blog...

What a awesome book I can't say enough about what a great love story it is, I fell in love with this book after just the first chapter. I don't want to give away to much but I will give a little insight of this story..Dumped at the alter by your groom is not exactly something you want, but is it something that you are thankful for? Sarah being that bride decides that she didn't want pity she wanted to just get away think abou
Lynn Smith
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway. it sounded like a sweet read. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was so much more. Sarah escaped to Scotland after being stood up at the alter. Exploring town she finds herself in a local pub listening to music. Bretton Keith the owner of the pub, felt the attraction to Sarah as she walked in the door. He has been burnt before and doesn't want to head down that path again. As they spend time together they both feel the pull but time is slowly running out.
I fell
Sierra
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This amazing book was written by my mother's beautiful and talented cousin, Adrienne Dunning and I would highly recommend checking it out. I laughed, I raged (in a good way) and I just about cried. I don't normally read adult books, because I don't feel they're something I can necessarily relate to quite yet, but I still found the romance adorable and the image of Scotland that was created very easy to picture and it provided a nice backdrop to the story. Every time I was worried that something ...more
Book Club Gone Wrong
Beautiful love story!

This story started off breaking my heart. But like all good love stories sometimes you just need a little heartache to find true love. I was worried about how things would work out and I was afraid I would be set up for more heartache. I want tell you how it ends but if you love a good romance story this is for you. It's sweet simple and absolutely worth the one click.

This is a new to the indie world author but you would never know she is new by reading this beautiful story
D Nine
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, adult-rated
Romance in Scotland

What I liked: the setting, all the characters, the theme

What kept me from reading this story until I was down to my last book: the cover. PLEASE CHANGE THE COVER

What the writing did that kept it from being a better read: details of the inconsequential (picked up remote from the table)... and not enough detail of the area. I would have liked a better feel of the pub!

I really never felt Sarah had an identity. Maybe that was the plan, but it kept me disconnected as a reader from
Michelle
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you want an adorable romantic read with some steam between the characters this is the book for you. It's amazing how fate can twist you around from the person who you thought you would settle for to the person you were meant to be with. That is what comes to mind when I think of Sarah and Bret. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Lana
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-finished
What can I say about this awesome book. I loved every page of this story! I feel in love instantly with Sarah and my heart was breaking for her at the beginning.
Then along came Bretton.... the chemistry between them is amazing and they way this talented author described the inn and pub I felt like I was there!!!
Definately a must read and cant wait to read more from this amazing author!!!!
Michelle
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So good, made me feel like I was there in person. You will find yourself cheering for the main characters. I would love to see a second book to see what happens next. If you love a great love story check this book out, you will not be disappointed. Well done.
Linda Cotter
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable story - loved the characters and the writing. I would definitely suggest this to any of my friends!
Railyn Stone
Mary Huff
Jan 04, 2016
Mel Allen
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sarah has always done what her parents have wanted her to do so when they asked her to go on a date with there friends son she did which leads to planning there wedding what Sarah didnt plan on was not being in love with Darryl so when he leaves her and her family is arguing she feels so alone that she runs going on the honeymoon to Scotland. Relaxing and finding herself she never expected to feel the things she does when she sees Bretton Keith for the first time. When she gets offered the job o ...more
Jennifer Boyd
May 15, 2015
Holly Bargo
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, sensuous, and charming

For the first time in car too long, I read a romance that features an educated, intelligent heroine who shows backbone. The hero of this delightful romance isn't the all too typical, womanizing billionaire. He's not a billionaire at all. How refreshing. They meet, they initiate a friendship, they fall in lust, and then in love. While there's no real action or suspense, the intimacy of the story saves it from vapid sweetness. The story focuses on the relationship, not
jackie grew
Sep 30, 2017
Kim  Brewing
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I went into this story completely blind...a friend had recommended it and she hadn't steered me wrong yet.

The story starts with the first time Bret sees Sarah and then goes back 24 hours. Wow, you can't help but feel for Sarah when her story unfolds. You'll also want to throat punch someone. What follows is a sweet romance between an American history professor finding herself and a Scottish bar owner afraid to open his heart. I loved getting to know Sarah. She has always tried to please her fami
Adrienne Dunning is simply a Southern gal who has fun playing poorly at golf when she’s not crafting novels. She loves all forms of expression—writing, dancing, cooking, talking—and does them frequently and with abandon. She lives in coastal North Carolina and uses that region as the setting for many of her stories.
“Being single isn't a social disease.” 0 likes
“Just this once she was going to go with her instincts and the consequences be damned.” 0 likes