Start by marking “When Cicadas Cry” as Want to Read:
When Cicadas Cry

When Cicadas Cry

One moment. One moment can shape our entire life.

One deep breath.
One slow exhale.
One painted sunrise.
One taste of forbidden love.
One word spoken too soon.
One word spoken too late.
One dance with a stranger.
One wayward memory.
One secret kept just a moment too long.

That’s all it takes.

But what I didn’t know when we locked eyes that first time was that every moment we shared
Paperback
Published August 4th 2015 (first published July 14th 2015)

Start your review of When Cicadas Cry
Jelena Bosh
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Where the hell do I begin with this story?! F*cking hell!! Reading this book felt like everything literally freezes. And all you're left with are your emotions, the forgotten exhale of the breath you forgot you needed and listening to your heart beating for every moment of Rem and Ashley's story...

I'm not usually the one to fall head over heels for a sappy romance story. I love them but they are usually just another cute, lovely read. BUT I just couldn't keep calm about this one. I
Maria
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like all of Laura Miller's books, reading this was "worth it". <3
Loz
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.75 - 4 stars.

this was such a sweet love story. loved the small town feel it held. like other books by laura miller, this one may have you feeling all misty eyed at certain points. there's secrets and a twist or two but even if i did see certain things coming from early on, it didn't take away from the emotion i felt while reading. it's a short read but packs a punch.
deb22luvsbooks
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"And the moments matter--the blissful and the painful. Every. Last. One. they are what make it worth it"

If you have never read a Laura Miller book, you need to run to the nearest bookstore and pick one up. Any one, doesn't matter. She writes the most beautiful stories that will take you on a journey of the heart, in every single way. Her books do not have descriptive physical love, they do not require that we know that part of a relationship. Her books are full of romantic love, deep, emotional
Southern Belle Book Blog
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This feeling. This feeling never gets old and I look forward to it. “What is the feeling”, you ask? The tummy filled with butterflies, stars in my eyes, and pure dreaminess of finishing a Laura Miller novel. We all talk about wishing you could go back and reread your favorites for the first time. That’s how I feel every time I read a new book by Miller, and I have yet to ever be disappointed by her work. When Cicadas Cry? Yep. I’m a little swoony mess over here.

In true Miller fashion, she
Kathy
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
My final thoughts:

When Cicadas Cry is a book that will wrap its pages around you and take hold with its tender and sweet romance, the down to earth characters, and the uncomplicated setting of small-town warmth. My head and heart just won't let go of this charming narrative.

My review:

Before I could truly put my thoughts together for When Cicadas Cry, I was singing its praises on social media and the telephone to a blogger friend of mine, urging her to read it upon release. This is my favorite
Fernanda Aragão
I am indebted to Laura Miller...
I am indebted to her for over two years, since when inadvertently "Butterfly Weeds" crossed my path and I decided to give it a chance.
I am indebted to Laura Miller for not doing, at the time, a review for that book, or for "My Butterfly", which touched me so very deeply; or for "For All You Have Left", which made me cry from the beginning 'till the end, and cry all the unshed tears I had with TFIOS; or for "By Way of Accident", which brought hope to my heart.
I am
Nancy's Romance Reads
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 PRECIOUS MOMENTS STARS!

description

When Cicadas Cry was another beautiful love story by this wonderful author. Here Ms. Miller yet again creates the kind of characters I so very much love from her books; genuine, humble, and heartwarming characters that captivate with the simplest of words because you just feel them speaking from the heart. Something else I love about this author, which was beautifully portrayed in this book as well, it's how she can so easily make my heart melt over and over again with
Justin
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Here we are again. It’s really difficult not to get excited when Laura publishes a new book. That doesn’t mean they all end up perfect, but it just means that there is usually always something in her books that you can really latch onto as a reader. When Cicadas Cry, while not being her best book yet, does stay true to some of the great qualities I have come to expect from her books.

It was tough for me to write a review for this one, as I want to keep echoing back to her previous books. One of
Shelley
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely story of finding true love, loss, fate, and how every moment in your life counts. Filled with small town charm, When Cicadas Cry will tug at your emotions and make your heart flutter a little bit faster.

When you live in a small, rural community, your neighbors have a way of knowing your business…or at least speculating about it. When Ashley moves to a small town in Missouri, all eyes are on the new, beautiful stranger – including Rem’s. When he finally gets up the courage to
Tamara
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This is, without a doubt, a beautiful story. But, while I figured out the plot early on already, I could not connect to the love these two characters shared. It felt more like insta-love than a "slow-build" love between two people.
Beautiful story, beautifully written and I'll surely check out other books by this author. I have seen nothing but praise for When Cicadas Cry, but unfortunately, it fell a bit flat for me...
❤️Melanie G.
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, story line and characters. Loved it!!!
MandaLee
May 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
Another small town Mo read for me!!
Kim Person
THIS!!!!!

OMG this synopsis!!!!!!

I'm seriously marking my calendar for THIS ONE!!!!!!
Laira
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's always a real joy to get to talk about one of Laura Miller's books, not only because they are really good ones, but mostly because you can't keep your mouth shut after reading them — not for too long at least.

When I first read A Bird on a Windowsill I went to a state of awe, happiness and thrill regarding the way she deals with the writing stuff. I don't know how she does it, but she has this kind of power that makes the most beautiful feelings to blossom through her words. So, yes. I
Jamie
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maritza Torres
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartfelt story

Wow, this is my second book I've read from Laura Miller. I love her words. Its like she's writing from her heart, straight to me. Loved Remi. What a fascinating character. Ashley was just a precious. Their story was beautiful, pure and I envied what they felt for each other. It truly was love at first sight. Like every relationship there's ups and downs. Remi and Ashley had their own, but we still got our happily ever after.
Mariya
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was really good. I loved the story. Rem and Ashley had this undeniable connection that was much deeper than two people being in love. The story was well developed and the book was well written. I loved the small town setting. Was it worth it? Yes it was.
Terri Hendricks
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I had trouble following the story as it skips back and forth from the past to the present and occassionally the point of view changes as well. But I'm glad I stuck with it as it was definitely worth it.
Ruth
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many perfect thoughts and quotes, I don’t know where to start. One beautiful/provoking phrase after another. A joy to read.
C
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet easy read. Laura Miller has become one of my favorite authors.
Lindsay
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
The answer is yes! Such a sweet small town romance. There was a little bit if predictability to it but I loved it anyway.
Charlotte Lynn
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a good, honest, love story this is the book for you. Laura Miller is an author that knows how to write a story that brings the characters to life, gets you involved in their lives, and makes you become invested in them. The characters are real, wholesome, small town people. Especially Rem. His demeanor is typical small town. Everyone knows what everyone else is doing and he is okay with that. He knows that is how his town is. Ashley comes from rural, but not quite small ...more
Carol
Sep 30, 2016 rated it liked it
I was so confused when reading this book. It jumps back and forth from the past to the present, and when it jumps into the past it is all over the place. It goes back in the past through many years. For the first half of the book I wasn't sure what was happening. I was intrigued enough to want to find out.
Remington see's Ashley and is instantly in love. He makes sure to show up at places he knows she is going to be. When she see's him the feeling is mutual. As they get to know each other they
Cyndy
I have loved every book that Laura Miller has written and was anxiously awaiting this one. I read several reviews and was a bit surprised by them...thankfully I didn't pay too much attention to them because I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! It had every element that a Laura Miller book is known for...emotional, great characters, beautiful writing and a great story. This book is not a cookie-cutter novel...it is original and written from past to present which keeps you on the edge of your seat. Each word in ...more
April
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read! I've said it before about Laura Miller's books and I'll say it again, I could not put this book down! I had to read it all in one day. I had to know Ashley and Rem's story!
I absolutely loved the characters and how perfectly they fit into the settings. Laura Miller didn't leave a single detail out.
If you want to read a book full of suspense, excitement, sadness, and love then read When Cicadas Cry!
Mayra
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Kathy
Shelves: favorite, adults
When Cicadas Cry was a cute little town romance with a really big twist at the end. Laura Miller, as usual, captivated me with this sweet and seemingly normal romance with a small town boy and his big city sweetheart. Laura Miller usually does little twists in her novels but this won tops them all. It makes for a really good story that I could not put down.
Kylie
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just okay. The end 1/4 was better.

One thing that really annoyed me was the way anything with an "ing" was written when it was being told from Rem's POV. The g was left off - to be replaced with an ' so nothin', runnin', somethin' etc. I get Rem is a country boy, but does that really mean we need to write the english language differently?
Jasmine
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
It was really hard to rate this book, I was stuck between 3/4 stars because though I really enjoyed the plot, there was something missing. I felt that I couldn't connect to the beginning of their love story, it felt too insta-love ish for me. It was very well written though and did have me tearing up at some parts.

3.5 stars.

• Release
  • Stolen Identity
  • A Secret to Die For
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Emancipating Andie
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • Never Got Over You
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • All of It
  • Crave: Part Two (Crave Duet, #2)
  • Bloodstained Beauty
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Silent Music
  • The Golden Hour
  • Perfect Strangers
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
LAURA MILLER is the national best-selling author of contemporary romance. She grew up on a farm in a little Midwestern town. Now, she lives in Kansas City, Mo., with her weatherman husband.

Stay connected!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLauraM...
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorlaura...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LauraMiller01

For signing dates, trailers and more, please visit
“say: If you want to know where your heart is, look to where your mind goes when it wanders.” 0 likes
“Real love bleeds,” 0 likes