Start by marking “Lip Service” as Want to Read:
Lip Service

Lip Service

Some ghosts won’t take “yes” for an answer.

Jack Harris has loved Legs Anderson since they were kids. Now that he has her in his bed, he has no intention of letting her go. Aunt Ada has other ideas, even from the grave.

GETTING BETWEEN JACK…
Orphaned at a young age, Legs Anderson owes her Aunt Ada everything. The stoic old lady raised her, and Ada’s warnings about men—and the
ebook, Print on Demand
Published April 28th 2015 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published April 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Lip Service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lip Service

Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Basically, Legs is a young woman that grew up with her aunt in a small town. Ada spent her entire life trying to protect Legs from everyone and everything, especially Jack, whom she thought was a playboy. Ada never took Jack seriously, she always thought he'd break her nieces heart, and she wouldn't allow that. Now that Ada is gone, Jack is desperately trying to get together with Legs, but she's not about to just throw caution to the wind.

This was a cute romantic story with some light ghost act
Carra
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Sexy romance, a guy who has wanted the girl for ages, a girl who's wanted him back...and one sometimes downright ornery ghost that just can't let go. This makes for a fun, interesting contemporary romance that's also a pretty quick read.

Legs (Linda) I wasn't totally sold on. I wasn't too big on how she seemed to be catering to her aunt's ghost instead of trying to assert herself and live her own life on her terms. Jack though, he is pretty darn awesome. I'd fall for him in an instant, and I like
Ashia
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Captivating!

From the first page, I was captivated. This is my first time to read a book by Adele Downs, so I'm not sure if this is the working formula for all her books, but I've got to say the structure is unique and refreshing. The author first shows us the hero and heroine from a third person point of view, then we zoom in to the story from their points of view, before we zoom out again toward the end back to Cloris, who started it all.

Legs, also known as Linda (heh!), has been in love with J
E.
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it

"Lip Service" by Adele Downs is a sexy contemporary romance with paranormal elements that centers around Linda “Legs” Anderson and her complicated relationship with Jack Harris. Despite a sizzling sexual connection, they can’t seem to deepen the relationship into anything more permanent, not only because of Legs’ fear of commitment but also because of her Aunt Ada’s opposition…that is continuing from beyond the grave. Jack is going to have to use all of his considerable inventiveness to
Tricia M.S.
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hummm ... let's see first off - I found this book has a nice steady reading pace that one would hope for in a summer read. That plot line is interesting without feeling like a hundred other books that I just read not that long ago. Which is a good thing for me.

The characters were personable and kinds of reminds you of a couple you might know. I love that!!! I actually was a waitress in my slightly younger days and did meet a husband that way. See what I mean? Thanks Adele for the short trip down
Victoria Rainey
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reading-alley
Spooky Romance Story

The beginning of the story leaves you interested to see how this book will turn out. By the end of the first chapter, I could not wait to finish the book. The author did a good job of drawing the reader in to her world. She did a great job of making it very realistic. The pace of the story was a steady pace that was not too fast or too slow. The main characters and the secondary characters were fascinating and believable. I liked that both Jack and Legs were not perfect and e
Roxie's Reviews
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
" A Sweet and Charming Romance!"
This book is Humorous, Sweet and oh so Charming!. The characters are Amazing!. You have the little town nosy folk, the hot sexy guy, and the spunky woman who he is crazy about, but then you have a pestiferous Ghost lol. Jack and Legs is everyone in Hartsville,Indiana's Sweethearts. Legs works at the special T cafe. Every morning the sparks fly between Jack and Legs When Jack comes to the cafe. And everyone in the whole town turns out to watch the steamy play betwe
Lori Mann
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m already a fan of Adele Downs’ sweet and humorous romance novellas, and I’m a sucker for anything magical and unexplained. So with its quirky cast of characters and only-a-little-bit scary haunted house, Lip Service has become my new favorite of hers.

I was drawn in right away by the authentic “voices” of the characters, the well-imagined small town setting, and beautiful Victorian home which is the center piece of the action. Nor did it take long for the simmering heat and obvious deep feeli
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

“When their eyes finally met, you could almost see the smoke curl above their heads. The air around Jack and Legs crackled like pressurized, high intensity erotic fuel that could singe the hair on your arms at three paces. Old Man Benson had a five-dollar bet with Clifford Jones that one day they’d detonate, rip each other’s clothes off, and make love like mad across a café table.”

“Who cares about fart smells? I can live with that. I have four brothers.”

“The preschool teachers at
Mary Lou Hoffman
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: LIP SERVICE
Series: N/A
Category /Genre: Light Paranormal
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Received from: Adele Downs (in exchange for an honest review)
Grammar/editing: ungraded – book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

This is a stand-alone story, as are all that Adele Downs has released to date. This is not part of a series.

Legs Anderson knows that ghosts are real. She continues to live with Aunt Ada long after the lady has been laid to rest. I thought it was a fun read t
Leslie
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ada Anderson takes her job as a guardian aunt seriously. Even after death.

While raising orphaned Linda Anderson, nicknamed “Legs”, Ava successfully thwarted a blooming liaison between her niece and local boy Jack Harris, driven by a closely guarded personal secret.

Ada’s victory was short-lived.

After Legs inherits her dead aunt’s house and reconnects with Jack, they set out to rekindle their aborted relationship while renovating what had been Ada’s master bedroom.

As a departed soul, Ada does ever
Cathy
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adele Downs has done it again! She has written a tale that is light and full of love. The characters - Legs and Jack - I absolutely love!! Legs is spunky and full of life. Jack is yummy! Oh, and in love with Legs! I loved how Jack pushes Legs, ever so gently, to move on after the passing of her beloved aunt. He's patient and kind with her. And we can't forget Aunt Ada! She never approved of Jack and even from beyond the grave, she tries to keep them apart! Legs and Jack set off sparks whenever t ...more
E.M. Bryant
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Adele Downs! I love sweet and sensual romances with a touch of the paranormal, and that's exactly what Lip Service is!

Aunt Ada's ghost, who is determined to keep Legs and Jack apart, completes this oddball triangle. Legs and Jack have a sort of Romeo/Juliet ("Stay away from those Harris') obstacle, but their feelings are undeniable--despite Ada's attempts to keep them apart.

There's a lot of laughs, but also a surprising amount of sensuality (ahem, PAINT). I'd love to se
Liza
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second romance I have reviewed this week, but the first from Adele Downs. Lip Service is first and foremost a romance, but with some Paranormal activity and a mystery to boot.

The story is sensual, but exciting in places. There are the usual twists I’d expect in a mystery, with a little fear and suspence thrown in. What more can we ask?

Linda, who is known as Legs, is a well-developed character that is easy to believe in. She and Jack could easily by next door. It was easy to put Legs’
Tanya Vought
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short paranormal read! You'll enjoy the humor, characters and the unique storyline.

You'll fall in love with Legs and Jack. Both of them have cared for one another...but her meddling Aunt and her own issues separated them. Even from the grave her Aunt is still haunting her....

You'll enjoy the feisty side of Legs. She's comical and a wonderful woman for Jack! And Jack....you'll love him! He's amazing!!!!

If you love a short, paranormal read you should definitely pick this up! It's
Phoenix
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling read

What an amazing story! Adele Downs nailed it with a unique storyline and unforgettable characters. Jack is a serious hunk, more so because he's honorable and steadfast. I'm glad Legs proved worthy of his devotion, because I would've been seriously pissed if she didn't man up at the end! There was a shocking revelation about her aunt that made sense of her actions in the afterlife. This enthralling read ensures you can't stop turning the pages till you reach the end!

Review copy pr
CassandraG
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
The guy wants the girl. They have known each other for ages. Girl kind of wants the guy, but there’s a little problem. Well it just might be bigger than any expect, but it’ll be an interesting ride to solve the problem. It had fun, wit and a whole lot of unexpected laughs and Jack definitely has his hands full when he tries to get the girl. And they did make a rather cute couple, despite the few hiccups along the way. So if you get a chance pick up a copy and enjoy.
Review copy provided via Readi
NancyK
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I liked this short and sweet romance. It is a small town romance, with a ghost. I do not usually do paranormal but this one worked fine.
I did feel like I got shortchanged in the backstory. I felt like it started in the middle of Jack and Legs's romance. I guess it was really more about the ghost's ill-fated romance than getting Jack and Legs together. It did resolve things and I did like that.
I received a complimentary copy in return for an honest review. I will probably pick up more romances by
Susan
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted an ARC by the author for an honest review….
This was such a wonderful love story that survived through time. Jack and Legs have been in love since they were quite young, but were kept apart because of Legs' aunt. Lip Service was very entertaining throughout with a wonderful cast of characters. Jack and Legs have a wonderful chemistry and know how to steam up a room....true love will them!!! This was an awesome love story and I highly recommend your book!!!
Patsy Hughes
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Harris's were trouble. Even as a young teen, Legs aunt told her to stay away. But the connection was already there.
It took several years and no matter how protective and controlling Aunt Ada was, there was no fighting the attraction and chemistry of Legs and Jack.

Jack tries to push but Ada pushes back. Legs is at a crossroad. She wants her aunt forever, until her forever is threatened.

Can they make it work? make it right?

Its a short charming, humorous and sexy tale.
BookSnuggle
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book for an honest review. Jack and Linda (Legs) romance was a cute and unusual romance. I don't normally read paranormal stories but this one was cute and humorous. Linda's aunt Ada didn't want Linda to have a relationship with Jack. After Ada died her spirit is still in the house which causes problems with Jack and Linda's relationship. A quick read. This story was cute, funny, sad, and had very steamy scenes.
Nicole
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great story. It has a lot of history woven into some hilarious moments with a ghostly aunt and some steamy bedroom scenes. I loved the history of the couple. I think this could have been expanded into a full novel to give some more background (and even more of the bedroom fun). Take this to the beach with you; it's a great, quick read that will intrigue you and leave you wanting more.
Jodie
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Small town fun

This is the first book ive read by Adele Downs and I loved it. I just loved Jacks character and how he was willing to do just about anything for Legs to feel more at ease in their relationship. I loved all the elements that Ms. Downs added to the story.
I cant wait to read more from her.

Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for my honest review.
Steven J. Harner
Jun 26, 2015
Ara Prado
Jun 22, 2015
Adele Downs
Apr 28, 2015 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Debbie
Rhonda L.
Jun 28, 2016
Angie Cain
Oct 14, 2016

Adele Downs is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than 20 romance titles, including those written under another pen name, and a former journalist with hundreds of articles to her credit.

Winner of the 2016 HOLT Medallion Award for outstanding literary fiction, novella category, HER IMMORTAL VIKING.

Sign up for Adele's newsletter at

When not writing