Start by marking “Prophecy's Queen (The Triadine Saga #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Prophecy's Queen (The Triadine Saga #0.5)

Prophecy's Queen (The Triadine Saga 0.5)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
In this prequel novella to the epic fantasy series The Triadine Saga, we follow the Elven Princess Rozlynn as she struggles with her role in The Prophecy and what she must do to keep the world from falling into darkness.

This is a story of love and conflicts, personal growth, and freedom to choose your own destiny. The world of Elves, Dwarves and humans, is inexorably tied
Kindle Edition, First, 162 pages
Published April 27th 2015 by myOstrich Press

Linda
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
This story reminded me so much of the epic fantasies I have read and loved so much! The author has built a really interesting and believable world that will learn that the prophecy is not just something for the future to deal with. The characters fit very well into this world. You really feel that you are there with them. The story was easy to follow, but I was glued to the story because I really wasn’t sure just exactly wher
Anne Monteith
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For centuries, Princess Rozlynn has studied the prophecies of the elves, dwarves, wizards and others, which existed before the destruction of the first age. The beautiful, brave and courageous Princess knows that the time of prophecy is upon them but she is unable to convince her sister, the Elven Queen or her husband they king. With the help of the sorceress Drianna and the Wizard Rendil Rozlynn undergoes a spell that removes all of her elven features so that she appears to be human. This is do ...more
Larry B Gray
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Prophecy's Queen by Timothy Bond is an excellent example of how a fantasy book should be written. It is full of action and intrigue and leaves little time for readers to catch their breath.

The author did a great job of developing a tale which grabbed my interest from page one. It was full of plot twist and turns, which kept the story flowing and building. There was lots of intrigue and thrills to keep me on the edge of my seat as I read. I really liked the author's style of weaving a tale of fan
deborah haycook
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Couldn't stop reading

I have read this book twice now. I read it before I read the other books in the saga and I read it again after finishing the second book of the saga. This story line is riveting. I can't wait for .the next book.
Robin Riedstra
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Epic fantasy written in traditional style. Will warm the heart of any fantasy buffs who enjoy older texts such at Mort de Arthur as much as newer works. Lots of lovely nods to classic literature style.
Quilting Tangent
Wonderful beginning to a magical fantasy series. It is the time for The Prophecy to be fulfilled by an elven princess, who has prepared for centuries for this moment. Time to set the propherecy in motion for the fight against an evil wizard from an earlier age. Looking forward to the rest of this series.
Kaye
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A REFRESHING READ!!!
A wonderfully written, easy to follow read with twists and turns that captivates your attention from the beginning till the end. I read straight through and couldn't put it down. Its definitely a page turner with surprises and unpredictable. I totally enjoyed this read and think Timothy did an exceptional job in bringing this read to life.
Jennifer Dunnaway
When I first start reading it, I thought I was not going to like the book. As I read each chapter it drew me in more and more. Once I got about two chapters in I could not put the book down. I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters. Of course my favorite was Rozlynn. I liked how she was playing hard to get. I am excited to read book 2 to see what happens next.
Joann
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read is all I’m going to say. First time reading anything by Timothy Bond and I must say he’s good at his creating his stories. I will most definitely be checking out more of his work in the future.
Maurice Jones
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an enjoyable story! Fine,fine plot and characters....Left me wanting more,though (it was that good) This has to be part of a larger epic,though and I intend to seek those books out...RECOMMENDED READ!!
Melissa Hayden
After listening to the whole prequel, I think this might be one for readers to read after the first book. The way it ends left me wondering what would come to pass for Rozlynn and if the prophecy was true or not. Thankfully, the author also adds the first three chapters of the first book, which gives you the answers. But I also think that reading the first book then going back to this moment would help fill in gaps a first time reader, starting here, will feel are present.

After hearing the first
Anna Tan
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books
I picked this up for free on Amazon, attracted by the fact that 1) it was epic fantasy and 2) the author is currently residing in my hometown!

Prophecy's Queen is a quick read (1 hour based on my kindle) that sets the background for Timothy Bond's Triadine Saga. But that's not telling you anything that you can't already tell from the title of this book. Haha.

There are shades of Eddings in Prophecy's Queen - a prophecy of two paths, one good and one evil, and a promised child (or two, in this ca
EJ Roberts
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As this is a novella, it is fairly short in length. At a 162 pages, according to Amazon, it’s an easy afternoon read. However, it gives great insight into the rest of the saga.

Rozlynn might be a princess, but she knows that she plays an important role in The Prophecy. Unfortunately, her sister, Queen Lilliene, disagrees with her. The queen doesn’t believe that the time of The Prophecy is upon them and thinks that Rozlynn is being rash and is sick and tired of Rozlynn always going on about The Pr
Jack Murphy
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading Prophecy's Queen, the prequel novella to the Tridine Saga, and I'm now looking forward to the first book in the series, the Watcher's keep. Hopefully, I'll be better grounded as the series progresses. This prequel involves Princess Rozlynn,an Elf, who's studied the prophecies of the elves, dwarves, wizards and others, which existed before the destruction of the first age. Princess Rozlynn knows that the time of prophecy is upon them but she is unable to convince her sister, the ...more
WillowRaven
I found this book enjoyable, easy to read/follow and the characters were realistic, believable. The storyline seemed to waver at times, though - sometimes it lagged, while other times it picked up pace. I found the formality of the writing style took a little getting used to, however once I did, it was no longer an issue. I wish the story had gone more in to the growing relationship between Leondis and Rozlynn. After all, she had been there a little under a year, and yet the reader is only given ...more
Rhoda D'Ettore
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like epic fantasy more similar to Game of Thrones than to Lord of the Rings, however, this kept my attention and had me interested as to where the story would lead. I had seen the trilogy advertised, yet did not want to invest in books of 200,000+ pages only to find the story or writing not to my liking. Getting this book for free did indeed plant the seeds of curiosity for the full novels. As I said, I'm not normally interested in Goblins and elves, however, I think this novella is a great se ...more
Robert
Jul 10, 2015 added it
Too much prophecy

I understand this story relies heavily on prophecy, hence the title of the story, however, it became so redundant hearing about it that it was detracting from my enjoyment.

The story itself was well done for a short novella about how the main characters were to meet and come together to see the prophecy along the proper path. The characters were likable enough and the reader could connect with them. Basically it was just a drama story to provide a background for the trilogy and
Laura O'Donnell
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
It's an OK start

If the point of this book is to just give you some background context to the The Triadine Saga. It does an OK job. You get some understanding of the players and a tiny bit of background. However it felt a little rushed and incomplete. The beginning jumped around to various characters and rushed through trying to give some of the background history, but it didn't really flow well and was hard to keep track of. The information was not memorable. There was not enough character devel
Christian
May 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book, fantasy
This review is based on the Beta edition so no guarantee that issues found there will still be in the released version. This book is supposed to jump start the Triadine Saga by showing a little bit of back story on how the king and queen met to produce kids that will be in the main trilogy. Although the purpose of the novella was served, it was difficult to get past a lot of the OMFG You gotta be kidding me moments created by the style of writing. The novella also suffered from scope explosion d ...more
Gian Andrea
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If that's the sequel, I'm ready right now to read more!
I'm not usually into fantasy stories, but I have to admit: I did like this one.
First of all, let's face the truth here: we all love Dwarves and Elves &Co.
And I personally do love prequels: for me are always the best part of anything, either when it comes to movie or books.
I lose myself into the idea that everything's about to happen, and you get to understand how and why.
And here is an engaging book,an easy read that will make your day.
Caprice
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Left me wanting more

Prophecy's Queen is an intriguing story. It is the story of an Elven princess who is trying to make a human king fall in love with her in order to fulfill an ancient prophecy the says the world will end if half breed children are not born to save it. While the princess has a spell that will make the king immediately fall in love with her, she wants him to fall in love with her without magic.

To avoid spoilers, that is all I will say about the plot. I highly recommend this boo
Sharon Hass
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book so much. I was drawn into the story from the very first page and could not wait to see what would happen on the next page. Rozlynn made some sacrifices and some tough choices but to find out more you will have to read the book. She had to deal with some conflict, and try to choose her own destiny. I was wondering just what she would do.

This author has several other books- "The Watcher's Keep" and "The Dragon Rises" and I can not wait to read these books. The first one was li
J.R.
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie, fantasy
You know a book is good when you finish reading, and you keep looking back at it like there must be more story in there somewhere! I will be downloading the next one ASAP. I can't believe I didn't know about this author.

The world building is phenomenal, and I cannot wait to see what happens next with these fantastic characters.

If you are a fan of David Eddings then you will love this series!
Jenndian
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book. I wish I'd read the other books first before this prequel. After reading it first I'm not sure if I'll read the other books. The characters are interesting and it's a good story. I did enjoy reading it, though parts were slow and needed more action. I'm hoping the other books will have more action and I'm curious to find out if parts of the prophecy came to fruition.
Kme_17
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, first-reads
I have received this as a first read. This is a prequel to the Triadine Saga. I have not read any of the saga. However I could followed the story here and really enjoyed this story. it keeps you interested from the first page. Definitely has some twists and turns a fun read. I will definitely look into more of this saga.
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Such a tempting glimpse!

Wonderful introduction to this rather intriguing land. Vivid characters and the world building is excellent. The writing quality is impressive.

Will definitely be following this series, it looks like a great one!
Robert
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly unpredictable!

Multiple story fibers developed through the story to form a well crafted yarn of fantasy. It painted an excellent picture for anyone looking to be caught up in its characters and conflict.
Carol Bosselman
Better than expected. I felt it started a little too simplistic, but then I did engage with the characters and plot, and things started to move along. It's a quick read, as well, and I am interested enough to follow through on the trilogy now. Closer to 3.5 stars.
Jim Kennedy
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, enjoyable, I liked it. More of a little detour as we get a more detailed background tour of some stuff we knew. If you like the series you should read it.
Mary A. Roward
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

Such a great read! I can't wait to get the next book! Just got to wait till payday! Lol. Can't come fast enough!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add book to series 3 22 Dec 18, 2017 03:53PM
  • Target Earth (My Wizard Buddy, #3)
  • Wings of Freedom
  • The Good Book: Writers Reflect on Favorite Bible Passages
  • Bright Lines: A Life in Search of the Beautiful Ordinary
  • Amaskan's Blood (Boahim #1)
  • Forests of the Fae: Devlin's Door
  • The Twilight Laird
  • Good Raider (Bond & Benevolence #1)
  • Mildred's Resistance (The Network Series, #0.5)
  • Bloody Royal Prints (Coleman and Dinah Greene Mysteries #3)
  • The Last Savanna
  • The Delta (Sonja Kurtz, #1)
  • Now and at the Hour of Our Death
  • The Lost ( Fallen Guardians Book #1)
  • A World Within
  • The God King (Heirs of the Fallen, #1)
  • The Deliverer (The Marenon Chronicles, #1)
  • A Keeper's Destiny (The Portal Prophecies #1)
I spent nearly 20 years deciding whether or not I wanted to be an author. My field is information technology, and I specialize in manufacturing systems. It's technical, challenging, and requires you to stay focused and current with changes in the industry.

I started going to a fantasy world in my mind many years ago, and the adventures of Peter and Alexandra were my escape from the harsh technical
More about Timothy Bond

The Triadine Saga (2 books)
  • The Watcher's Keep (The Triadine Saga, #1)
  • The Dragon Rises (The Triadine Saga, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99