Start by marking “Protected by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #5)” as Want to Read:
Protected by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #5)

Protected by a SEAL

(Hot SEALs #5)

As a Navy SEAL, Rick Mann fought his way to hell and back, but he's never faced a challenge quite like protecting the rich and famous actress Sierra Cox. She's spoiled, she's annoying and he's never wanted a woman more. That's a problem for so many reasons. At the top of that list is that he needs to keep his head in the game because even though Sierra doesn't take Rick se ...more
Published July 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Protected by a SEAL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protected by a SEAL

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Sierra Cox - Hollywood superstar is currently on location in Virginia...when she receives a disturbing letter with pictures of her - pictures of private moments. Moments where she thought she was alone.

Her manager immediately hires a security team.

Enter Rick Mann.

description

The former SEAL has been bored with his life lately.
He had to quit the teams because of a knee injury, and his security job at the nuclear plant is way too unexciting for the adrenaline junkie military man.
But it's too soon to quit and
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Forced into an early retirement after injury while serving as a Navy SEAL, Rick Mann is bored of his day job and misses the action. Although he likes the private security firm, GAPS, that he started with his former teammates and best friends, Rick has yet to experience time in the field. So when GAPS is offered a job providing private security, Rick jumps at the chance to take the job without knowing any of the details.

Sierra Cox works hard and respects her bosses, so she doesn’t want to have an
Maree Repa
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this great book. It's actually the first of the series I read. I'm so looking forward to enjoy the others too.

I so enjoyed the adventure and romance that this book had. When famous star, Sierra Cox came into danger. She became involved with the GAPS group. She had hired them to protect her.

Such an exciting storyline. I really enjoyed this book!!
Whispers From
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Sierra is an actress with a stalker. Her manager hires a bodyguard who was an ex Navy SEAL. Rick works for GAP a security firm and is a guard at a company. Sierra doesn’t really believe she’s in any danger and fights Rick the whole time. She’s snotty, sarcastic, and self centered. Poor Rick is still attracted to her even though she treats him like crap. When they believe they’ve got the stalker, Sierra goes back to her life without a look back until Rick is shot.
Really never gives you much info
Claudia
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, romance, 2016, reviewed
I'm sorry, but this one was the worst one yet.
And I don't understand how you can rate it four stars, let alone five.

The female main character was the worst. Shallow, arrogant, selfish, ignorant, and acting like some spoiled brat (which is irronic, since she apparently wasn't raised that way). The last fifteen or so pages jusrt couldn't make up for the crap that happened before. At times I even had to make myself to keep reading. Mainly because it wasn't a long book to beginn with and because I w
Julie Pippert
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Just...no.

If you don't mind whiny, bratty, and unlikeable heroines, this book is for you. Entitled snarky diva with an IQ equivalent to her shoe size Sierra does everything she possibly can to make her bodyguard's job harder. Luckily for the hero she is super hot; hot enough to overcome a personality that makes you sort of glad she's in danger and wishing just maybe something would happen to shut her up. T & A and bitchy attitude are man catnip according to Cat Johnson.

Using the trite form
Dar
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: men-in-uniform
I am stuck on this series, but none of the books are really wowing me. They are good, but they have a slight HFN feel more than a HEA feel to them all. This was no exception to that trend - meet, good mystery, not even a hint of chemistry until it bam, in bed together, then nothing really, then, okay, we'll date now

Don't get me wrong, I will keep reading the series for as long as it goes, but each book feels a little unsettled at the end, but they all do, so that is part of the series I figure!

I
AliciaJ
I liked Rick ok, but the heroine, Sierra, was a bit of a diva, and not a fun one either. I couldn't find any way to relate to her, or feel any empathy for her. This one wasn't for me I'm afraid.
Chanel
This is a fairly common plot-- a famous person needs protection and in steps a former Navy Seal. This time the famous person is Sierra, a spoiled movie star and the ex-Seal (Rick Mann) is trying to recover and fit into civilian life again. This beautiful starlet is used to being in control and really doesn't see the seriousness of the threats against her. Rick is so energized to be back into any type of action, it doesn't even bother him that his client is a real "Diva".
What stood out to me in
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the 5th book in the series.

In this one, we've met our hero in the past books. What's new is we find out just how unhappy he is at his work now that his SEAL days are over. He needs to work but he doesn't like what he's doing that's for sure. Anyhow, when an assignment comes up, he decides to use some time he's worked for others for the assignment hoping by the time the assignment is up, he'll be fulfilled again to go back to his dead end job.

What happens is he finds himself in a hotel s
Karen
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audio review

"Another hit for this series"
What made the experience of listening to Protected by a SEAL the most enjoyable?
The story line was awesome and it just drew me in

Who was your favorite character and why?
Rick cause I've been waiting for his story and was glad to see him find a girl

What about Craig Jessen’s performance did you like?
how he does an amazing job with bringing the characters to live and remembers how he did their voices in previous books

Any additional comments?
This was so wort
Pamela Devereux
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rick Mann has been hurt and now sitting on the sidelines. He has been offered a job as a Protector. First job, Sierra Cox. She is a movie star and someone is stalking her. Only her manager believes this person has crossed the line. Unfortunately Sierra doesn't take the threat seriously till the evidence comes to light. Hiding out with Rick should have been a nightmare but it wasn't. It was hot hot hot. Just when you think the person was caught and everyone can move on, the real stalker shows his ...more
L M
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rick becomes a bodyguard to a star.
This alieviates his boredom but he does not expect to fall for his client.
Sierra was rude and looks down her nose at Rick for most of the book. Refers to him as a wanna be mall cop, never asking about his qualifications. It is only right at the end after he is hurt that she learns the truth.
I didn't really feel these two connected. Rick felt something but Sierra was ignoring him until he gets hurt and then it was just oh, your the one.
Paganalexandria
Jan 12, 2019 marked it as in-collection-boxset
01/12/19 currently free in Feel the Heat: 10 Steamy Romantic Suspense Novels Feel the Heat 10 Steamy Romantic Suspense Novels by Kaylea Cross
Lisa Brumley
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
The writing was fine. The story was lacking any kind of build up. Didn't really give me any time to attach myself to the characters before they were already in the sack. I like a hate/love story as much as the next romance reader, but this wasn't it.
Roxanne
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it
(Hot SEALs) 5. Protected by a SEAL

A story with some adventure with the characters getting involved with someone trying to scarabs actress, aimed for her bodyguard when he was in the way.
Tracy
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5: Very quick read. I liked the excitement and suspense of this book, but Sierra never really showed to be more than a snooty princess. Maybe their relationship develops more in the next book. 🤷🏻♀ ...more
Angel Graham
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
I wanted to like this, but didn't. Sierra was too high maintenance for me. The chemistry wasn't really there, in my opinion between H/h.
Julie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: _in-an-anthology
Talk about a main character that you wouldn't mind seeing bite the dust! Sierra Cox hit that level with me right away and never became even slightly like-able. Otherwise a decent story.
Mandy Menasco
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read, this series had some Hot Seal's in it
Karen
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best one of the series so far.
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Another installment in the sexy GAPS series - yes please!

Now I am just a sucker for a Navy SEAL book. And I just love the GAPS - Gorgeous Abs and PecS bahahaha - men.

Rick's was an interesting story. Unlike his friends, he was medically retired out of the SEALS and is in a soul-destroyingly boring job - but with the occasional GAPS job thrown in for fun.

What he doesn't expect his assignment to be is a bratty, spoilt Hollywood starlet.
Sierra doesn't want a bodyguard, and when she meets Rick she re
Suzanne
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rick was medically retired from the Navy after he blew his knee out on a training exercise. He and his sister shared a house and Rick worked at a boring job providing security at a nuclear power station. Rick was still a part of his former SEAL unit that had left the Navy and established GAPS, a private security firm. The agency was new but starting to get expensive clients. Rick felt he had to have a mission or die of boredom so he volunteered for the first available mission before it was annou ...more
Barb Shuler
4.5 *'s

Well hello Mr. Mann..... and goodbye lonely life. (laughs) Another one for the "oh no she didn't" board. Cat hit another one off the boat and let them face plant into the abyss. This book literally had me laughing from the very first line. There is something to say for originality. And even a bit of fun with your characters... especially if its at their benefit.

Poor Rick. He's feeling left out, left behind and completely over the fact that his sister Darci and his best friend Chris are kn
Janna
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military-romance
n the 5th installment of the Hot Seals series, we find out more about Rick Mann, Darci's brother (book 4).

As you may recall, Darci is now with Rick's best friend, Chris Cassidy with Rick's blessing. Darci and Rick are still living together and in Ms. Johnson’s style, there are some really funny moments, like: Rick is in his bedroom and Darci in hers, however, the headboard is hitting the wall a lot and really, really loud. Rick wants to be anywhere but there. Several great moments like that one!
Ellen Anderson
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot SEALS....that describes them!

As with the rest of Cat Johnson's Hot SEALS series, Protected by a SEAL kept with the flow of the others. I enjoy these books, because while they are still ex-SEALs, and in the protection business, these books seem a bit lighter, and don't drag you into the dark as much. I realize the military is not in anyway a "light" job or duty and I've read some of the darker and heavier ones.
It's so nice though to still be able to read about these special guys, but in a sh
Schellie
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Protected Indeed

Rick Mann is at a crossroads in his life. Medically discharged from the Navy SEALs, he is working a job he doesn't love. He and his buddies Jon, Zane, Chris have started a Security Company. His first assignment, protect actress Sierra Cox from a stalker. Just what Rick needs in his life, a princess who won't listen or take the stalker threat seriously! This story has just enough suspense to be exciting, but the chemistry between Rick & Sierra is wonderfully erotic! I really h
Pam
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cat Johnson has proven that Seals are hot and sexy, but this book takes it to a whole new level.

Sassy and Sexy best describe this book. When Rick Mann’s over eagerness to have an assignment from GAPS puts him together with Sierra Cox, diva actress, two worlds collide! Throw a stalker into the mix that Rick perceives as a huge threat and Sierra tries to downplay, and the two butt heads immediately. Both domineering personalities clash to the point of total hotness. This book is the fifth in a ser
Siobhan Muir
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
The next in the Hot SEALs novellas from Cat Johnson. Rich Mann has been feeling out of sorts with his dead-end job at the nuclear reactor and he'd just as soon face terrorists than another boring day. Instead he gets a Hollywood Starlet with a stalker after her. She doesn't take the threat seriously, and he can't fathom her need to be online all the time. Fortunately, a bullet or two finally convinces both of them there's more to their relationship than just lines and orders. Fun story and nice ...more
Christine
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
So fantastic. I absolutely loved this one in the series. I loved how the two butted head, yet had amazing chemistry. I do think that maybe the romance was a bit too quickly paced, but overall, very well done. Not a whole lot of action in this book, unlike the past few, but it worked out well. Focused more on the romance than anything else, and the development of the characters was the main aspect.

• The Dying Room (Faces of Evil, #11)
  • The Serafina: Sin City Series Box Set
  • Montana Dog Soldier (Brotherhood Protectors, #6)
  • Strong Silent SEAL (SEALs of Coronado, #2)
  • Guarded
  • Hot Alpha SEALs
  • Hot Ice (Hostile Operations Team, #7)
  • Feel the Heat: 10 Steamy Romantic Suspense Novels
  • Deadly Betrayal (Rockford Security #1)
  • Breaking Away (SEAL Team Heartbreakers #3)
  • Cruisin' For A SEAL (SEAL Brotherhood, #5)
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's, #2)
  • The Dangerous Thief (Stolen Hearts #3)
  • Hot as Hell (Security Specialists International, #4.5)
  • Lonely is the Night (Shadow Force, #4.5)
  • Jungle Fever: A Billionaire Military Romance
  • Incriminating Evidence (Evidence, #4)
  • Hot Beach Romance: Sand, Sunshine and Sizzle
Find Series Reading Order and Book Lists at Cat's site CatJohnson.net

It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been p

Hot SEALs (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Night with a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #1)
  • Saved By A SEAL (Hot SEALs, #2)
  • SEALed at Midnight (Hot SEALs, #3)
  • Kissed by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #4)
  • Loved by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #6)
  • Tempted by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #7)
  • Wed to a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #8)
  • Romanced by a SEAL (Hot SEALs, #9)
  • Rescued by a Hot SEAL (Hot SEALs, #10)
  • Betting on a Hot SEAL (Hot SEALs, #11)