Start by marking “Uncharted (Unexpected #3)” as Want to Read:
Uncharted (Unexpected #3)

Uncharted

(Unexpected #3)

Jacob

As a rule, men don’t grow up believing in a happily ever after. We don’t believe in meeting the love of our lives; or the white picket fence, and 2.5 children. Every man thinks that those stupid dreams or fantasies are just nonexistent shit until it happens to them. We should have been forewarned.

I wish I was prepared for someone to appear in my life and change all m
Published July 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Uncharted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncharted

S.M. West
5"Endless Sky" STARS

I'm a wreck after this one. Such a beautifully emotional read. I absolutely love the Colhurst-Decker clan and Ms. Burgoa keeps me falling for them!

This third book in the series was about Jacob Christian (JC), the eldest triplet, and Pria Walker, a young woman he meets in the bookstore at college.

photo Uncharted1_zps8bvsw58t.jpg

This story was such a wonderfully, gut-wrenching surprise to me. It was not what I expected. I knew from Unlike Any Other and even more so from Unsurprisingly Complicated that JC ha
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
5 Sinful Stars

I am a bit biased when it comes to Ms. Burgoa because all of her books knock me off my feet and tackle all of my emotions. She has the ability to take a small twist in a story and blow it up to where you will find yourself wondering what the hell just happened.

She got me again on this one and just when I thought something was going to happen to knock me to my knees, she surprised me with something else.

Damn, this is why I love reading all of Ms. Burgoa's books!!

From the very begin
Amanda
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 'angst-ridden' stars

Uncharted is full of angst and put me through the wringer for almost the entire read. I am emotionally exhausted from all the highs and lows of Jacob Decker's life.

First of all, I should really learned my lesson for not reading the series according to sequence. Please be warned that you will be lose with the entire Decker Family dynamic, the key characters names/alias and their relationships. I think I spent a quarter of the book trying to figure out who is who.

I was fooled
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via blog tour*

4.5 ★

This is a first Claudia read for me and this is another situation where I'm glad I got the opportunity to read her stuff.

Talk about a thousand feels!!! and by that, I mean heart getting squished throughout the story... sigh...

This is the 3rd book in the series, I haven't read the first 2 and I felt that was ok. I'm sure my reading experienced would've been enhanced if I read in sequence but I don't think it took anything away.

This is Jacob's and Pria'
Cass
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
English Review

I finished reading this book six days ago. Since then, I try to write my review, but I couldn’t. I rarely had such a reaction after reading a novel. I now know what a book hangover is.

As Unlike Any Other and Unsurprisingly Complicated, Uncharted can be read as a standalone. However, reading these books in order as a series tracks the evolution of the characters and we thus better appreciate this novel.

This volume is devoted to the story of Jacob and Pria. The narration is done b
Paige
2 Stars

Uncharted was my first novel by Ms. Burgoa and even though this is a standalone story for Pria and Jacob, it's the third book in the series. I really think that my ability to enjoy this book would have been a lot higher if I had read the first two. While I don't feel like I needed to read the first two to understand Pria and Jacob, there were a lot of other characters that played major roles in this book that I just didn't fully understand and that detracted from my ability to really imme
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"A sublime and blissful hell of grief and guilt."

Claudia Burgoa hit this one out of the park, it's amazing. It was the cover that caught my attention. Being a music lover I can't resist a guitar on the cover, it's like a clearance sign at Target, drawing my attention. I didn't go all the way back to the first book, I started with Unsurprisingly Complicated, Mason and Nine's story.

I knew from reading that book that JC had a broken heart, but I had no idea what had happened. I just knew that he wa
✿kawehi.reviews
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
☆ I received an RC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

I'll be the first to say, that before you go into this book, it would be best to get the full experience and 411 of all the characters by reading from bk1.

That all said, Uncharted pretty much indicated what was yet to come in this series. Traveling into uncharted waters in life and with these characters.

No one truly knows what's in store for them, as everyday and time is a learning process of trial and tribulation
Raynell
" Since the first time I laid eyes on you, our souls entwined with each other. They interweaved together like the roots of a redwood tree's grasp onto the ground."

"Life is about how you look at it, how you fell, and your attitude toward it."

I immensely loved it!!! This is the first novel I have read by Claudia Burgoa.
Uncharted is an exceptionally written story with the right elements that will take you to the heights of finding your soulmate and having them ripped apart from you.
 The setting o
Naughty Mom Story Time
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better with each story. I swear, the emotions have gotten more intense. I thought Mason's story was heart wrenching, but poor JC...he went through so much that it jaded him for such a long time. And Pria?? That poor girl had so much responsibility and loss thrown at her and seeing how she got through it all was a testament to her strength and character. She was one tough cookie.

Both Pria and JC had such an instant connection that after a short period of
Claudia Burgoa
Aug 13, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Uncharted Teaser 7

Couple In Ecstasy

Rockman Guitar Player

Pam
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-read
WOW! Lots of feels...crying, laughing, the whole gamut! What I love about this series is that each book has had it's own distinct feel to it. Burgoa doesn't "cookie-cutter" it, to use a term from the book. LOL.

From the beginning, "Unlike Any Other", we knew there was going to be a JC story. In "Unsurprisingly Complicated", we knew JC's story wasn't a happy one. I mean, how could it be when Burgoa eluded to his occasional binge drinking and preference for one-night stands. In "Uncharted" we lear
Kaila
Stargazing will never be the same...

Jacob Christian's book. I finally know his story! 10 years of love, loss, and lust. Behind everything though, the Colthurst-Decker family is always there to support each other. Now on to Mattie's book... Soon!
Anaïs
This review was originally posted on Fifty Shades of Books

5 out of 5 Stars

*** ARC granted in exchange for an honest review ***

When Pria Walker and Jacob Colthurst-Decker meet in college, the chemistry between the two of them is undeniable and it's like they're meant to be. They share a wonderful romantic week together, enjoy themselves and focus solely on the here and now. In other words, they allow themselves to forget, just for once, all the obligations and burdens that they have to face. And
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

SBJ2015Favorite

*** 6 Star ***
*** 2015 Favorite ***

Wow…Wow…Wow ! Uncharted by Claudia Burgoa took me by complete surprised. I was captivated, mesmerized, and a hostage of this book. I could not put it down. I loved every moment of this book. It was a powerful story of two young people’s life journey from being naive college freshmen to cynical adults that had experienced too much and not enough along the way. They both have went from searching for rainbows and chasing unicorns to dancing in the darkest storm w
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Star light Star bright

This family! Love them so much. I love reading each of their stories. About the triplet life. Having two loving parents who just happen to be the same sex. And of course, how , and with whom they fall in love. This series is so good and so well written that I know this won't be my last time reading about them. So if your looking for a recommendation on if you should read this from the beginning, then the answer is YES! Yes you really should!
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

Jacob

books are love
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cried for Jacob throughout this book. He will have you feel so so much. What he goes through and how his journey into living again is just so so amazing and heartfelt and will really just tug at you.

Jacob starts out as this sweet precious wonderful boy who has dreams and is wide eyed. He falls in love with a wonderful girl who has dreams but also feels like he does and that he is shadowed by others. They have this beautiful week together and after that they both in their own ways fall apart. J
Heather
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh JC. What are we going to do with you?

I’m moving ahead of myself.

I started Uncharted immediately after finishing Unsurprisingly Complicated. We are moving from AJ’s story into JCs, but we still have all of our characters that we have grown to love, the triplets’ parents, Mason, the triplets themselves, and now Pria.

I didn’t realize how messed up JC was becoming until Unsurprisingly Complicated. There were quite a few hints (or blaring neon signs) in the 2nd book of the series that things were
Jen
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Rock Star Lit PR in exchange for an honest review.

By the time I finished reading the book, I felt myself flooded by mixed emotions. It felt like Jacob entered his own personal brand of hell and stayed there for more years than he should have. The guilt and all those promises that were made were weighing him down and the abuse he was putting his mind, heart, and body through was almost like a self-flagellation of
Caroline F
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god! This story was amazing and emotional.

Pria and Jacob meet as college students. They fall in love during one blissful week together before Pria has to return home to help care for her sick sister. What follows is a series of mishaps that completely diverts the course of true love, and they end up losing one another for many years, until a coincidence brings Pria back into Jacob’s life. However, Jacob is no longer the cheesy, romantic guy that Pria remembers. He’s broken and soulless. Pr
Sharlene
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A copy of this title was received in exchange for an honest review.

To start, I love the cover. It fits in so well with the story.

Cypriana and Jacob meet in college and fall in love very quickly. But fate and life have other ideas. The rest of this story is their journey through life and, hopefully, back to one another. Cypriana is the typical do-gooder. Whereas Jacob is the alpha, push life to it's limits type. Their journey is sad, twisted, heartbreaking and sweet. I did find it a long drawn ou
Kaila
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe my review didn't post! Grrr! I've done it last week. Anyway...

Hope. Love. Angst. Heartache. Loss. Second Chances. This is by far my favorite of the series! A roller coaster ride of emotions. Miss Burgoa surely knows how to make her readers experience what her characters are feeling.

A love story, 10 years in the making! They needed the time to learn, grow, and better themselves. The tragedies they faced, made them better people. They learned to let go, and because of all of that,
Drue DePompei-Hoffman
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough how much I love this series. All the characters are so amazing and there are some twists woven in that really throw you and make you fall even harder for the story.

While I figured from the first 2 books something was off with Jacob, I would have never guessed one so young would go through so much.

Uncharted was an agonizingly beautiful story and a great installment to this series that I think everyone should read.
Peggy
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ever so great Jacob.... His story gives more of an insight to him. Full of emotions for the reader, at least for me it was. This was a great book and so far my favorite! This author has been sucked in on her books! The writing and the plots of each of her books never disappoint!

*Received for an honest review*
Riza
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
The story of AJ and Pria is promising but I have a little problem with the flow of the story; there are part that I feel so confuse and there are part that is good.
This is my first read from the author and although this book is part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone.
I still look forward into reading any books from the author.
Christine
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claudia did it again! Every book in the series is fantastic but as the book progress they just keep getting better and better. Pria & JC's story is told beautifully and flawless over a 10 year span... I can not recommend these books enough - Happy to have found this jem of an author!
Becca Reads
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, rock-n-roll
Love this series! Jacob and Pria do not disappoint.
Jeannie Zelos
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Uncharted, Claudia Burgoa
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
Genre: New Adult, Romance
When I started reading this I was soo disappointed – the characters were just 17 and 18....and I was expecting them to be in their early twenties at least. I’ve read a few with teens as leads but it’s rare they work for me, just seem too exaggerated and this started this way, with storm in a teacup dramas and Jacob’s chat-ups being really juvenile seeming. I hate too the way their parents were introduced
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5)
  • Infinite Dolls
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Shy Kinda Love (What Kinda Love #1)
  • Swoon
  • Incendiary (Phoenix Rising Rock Band, #2)
  • Flightless
  • Until We Break
  • Willing Sacrifice (Knights of the Board Room, #6)
  • Pushed (Held, #2)
  • Deep (Pagano Family, #4)
  • Stand (Black Addiction #3)
  • Unblocked - Episode Five (Timber Towers, #5)
  • Soldier On (Appalachian Hearts, #3)
  • Always Rayne (Always Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Season of Second Chances
  • Reversal (Curio, #4)
  • Three (Love by Numbers, #3)
Claudia is an award winning, international bestselling author. She lives in Colorado, working for a small IT. She has three children and manages a chaotic household of three confused dogs, and a wonderful husband who shares her love of all things geek. To survive she works continually to find purpose for the voices flitting through her head, plus she consumes high quantities of chocolate to keep t ...more

Unexpected (5 books)
  • Unlike Any Other (Unexpected, #1)
  • Unsurprisingly Complicated (Unexpected #2)
  • Uncut (Unexpected #4)
  • Undefeated (Unexpected #5)
“Life is about how you look at it, how you feel, and your attitude toward it.” 0 likes
“Hurray, we’re getting drunk and going into a sugar coma. Bring ice cream cones. Tomorrow is going to be a bitch.” 0 likes