Start by marking “Going Rogue (Ribbons and Rogues, #1)” as Want to Read:
Going Rogue (Ribbons and Rogues, #1)

Going Rogue

(Ribbons and Rogues #1)

Miss Meredith Castle leaves behind everything she knows to join her great aunt in London and become leader of the infamous girls’ club, The Ribbons. She’s willing to make whatever sacrifices necessary to redeem her ailing mother, even if that means leaving her childhood love behind to scale London’s social ladder.

When Derek Weston’s best friend receives the offer of a lif
Published May 6th 2015 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Going Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Rogue

Julie
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Going Rogue by Jessica Jefferson is a 2015 Soul Mate Publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Jessica Jefferson is a fresh new voice in historical romance and I am quite impressed with her work so far.

Meredith and Derrick ( fun names that remind me of Grey's Anatomy), grew up together in a small community. When Meredith is invited by her Aunt to join the exclusive “Ribbons” and live a life of balls and high society, with the opportunity to find a husband
Ms M
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really 5 stars?

The relationship between the two main characters not very convincing so tacky not even emotionally moved. I didn't even know why I even bother read this till end well I pretty much skipped through the pages that's why. Ugh!
Deb Diem
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Going Rogue by Jessica Jefferson is an entertaining second chance historical romance. Ms. Jefferson has delivered a well-written book. The characters are entertaining. Meredith leaves her home and Derek, against her wishes, to live with her aunt in London. Meredith and Derek's story is filled with drama, humor and spice. I enjoyed reading Going Rogue and would happily read more from Jessica Jefferson in the future. Going Rogue is book 1 of the Going Rogue Series but can be read as a standalone. ...more
Kathleen Ruggio
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
First Read by this Author

I enjoyed the relationships a group called the Ribbons had. A little bit lady and a lot of mischief. Sometimes the grass is not so much greener on the other side of London. Their main objective is to catch the best man on the marriage market. Probably best for mature readers.
Mary Gallo
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story with great characters

This author is such a wonderful writer. Her style of writing makes it easy to read. There is not too much introspection, not too much description of non important things. Such a great writer, every book gets better and better. After this try the second chances book.
Jane
Feb 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
What century are we in???

Could not finish. Our 1800’s characters are apparently unaware of the fact that they are in a time travel novel...or did people in England back then really use phrases such as, “let me get this straight”?
Stephanie Johnson
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ribbons

Gave a 4 star for great characters but a little long with some clothing descriptions.

This story speaks of choosing between what your heart wants and what your social status demands.
Maria Contreras
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review

This is a very very good story, I enjoyed everything you wrote in this book, I truly recommend this book, it is a great book and will definitely keep reading your stories.
marilyn markowski
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

A very enjoyable story, one that keeps your interest, started the book a few days ago and have finished it.
Tom Prejsner
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance novels

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you again
Adria (Musings and Reviews)
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

At first glance, the premise of Going Rogue sounds a bit… Silly. A heroine who trades the possibility of a future with someone who loves her for the “privilege” of saying she belongs to London society’s feminine royalty, otherwise known as The Ribbons. Oh and let’s not forget, she gets to wear a colored ribbon on her left wrist so that all of London society will know that she is one of t
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
* Originally published on book blog WillReadForFeels.com
* I received this book for free from Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The premise of this book struck a few Mean Girls chords with me, if you’ve ever seen the movie starring Lindsay Lohan. Meredith has spent all her life in Middlebury, just a couple of hours from London, yet she’s never been to the capital, never had a debut. When her great-aunt Cynthi
Gaele
Childhood friends, Meredith and Derek are separated by deception and manipulations, and the manipulations and deceptions are frequent and ever present throughout the story.

Meredith was ‘posing’ as the belle of the ball, taking up the leadership of an infamous deb group called the Ribbons. Her great auht, at the behest of her mother, is sponsoring her debut to make her a profitable and socially enhancing match. And Meredith, despite her love for Derek, jumps into the group of society cats like a
Tabitha Barret
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

“Going Rogue” is a romance set between 1811 and 1817 in London. Meredith Castle is a young woman who is not in control of her own destiny. Her mother sends her away to live with her widowed aunt, Lady Cynthia Browning, who wishes to give her a better life than can be expected in the county side of Middlebury. What Meredith doesn’t realize is that her aunt is bringing her to London for the sole purpose of leading a group of soc
Rhonda
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
EXCITING ROMANCE

This is the first book I have read by Jessica Jefferson, but it will not be the last. She brings two characters from opposite ends of the tracks, so to speak, together. The author’s talent allows the reader to seemingly feel the emotions and problems of the characters. Experiencing the ups and downs, mutual attraction, and distrust makes for an escaping hard to lay down read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will definitely read others by Jessica Jefferson.

Middlebury, 1811, Mer
Serena Akeroyd
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FIVE STARS

Going Rogue is a Regency tale that totally fits my tastes.
I love Regency novels that are a bit a naughty, yet still retain the innocence of the Marriage Mart. I'm a bit difficult in that I love the pure, virgin heroines, but I do like it when temptation strikes and they fall off the bandwagon. Lol. In Going Rogue, I got that, which made me very happy. :D
I liked Meredith and Derek. I loved how Meredith was different. She didn't simper, she didn't try to be coy. She was a bit of a bitch
Danielle-Claude Mba
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

MY REVIEW

This was my first Jessica Jefferson's novel and I'm hoping not my last. I want to read Alex and Ophelia's stories.

I was pleasantly surprised by Going Rogue. I'm still unsure what a Ribbon is... sounded like sorority life in the 19th century to me but girl power, right?! Unless you're turning 24 and are about to be put on the shelf, then it's all about finding a good match and quick. Life during the Regency!

So Meredith, our protagonist, found herself with a deadline while being on the
Debbie McCreary
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I greatly enjoyed Ms. Jefferson's Tisdale series, so I was looking forward to her GOING ROGUE release. She did not disappoint me. Going Rogue is a beautiful start in Jessica's new series, Ribbons and Rogues. We are introduced to the infamous girls’ club, The Ribbons. Meredith Castle is happy at her home, spending time with her best friend Derek Weston. When she is sent to London to look for a husband, Derek follows and is greatly disappointed in the changes in Meredith. Five years later he retur ...more
JoRead
Going Rogue is a story about second chances. A young couple that thought leaving each other behind was for the best. The premise of the story is sweet and right and I promise I tried my best to love it but it was not quite there all the way, particularly at the beginning. I don’t think I even started to get into the story until the hero and heroine met again. The dialogue didn't sound adequate for the times and it never gave me that feel of historical, ever. The secondary characters, although un ...more
Sassy Beta Reading & Review

I really enjoyed this book. It gave me so many heart twinges, I thought I would need to call 911 there for a bit. It had me on an emotional roller coaster ride.

The characters were so easy to understand and were well developed. Their dialogue was entertaining and had me lol'ing at times. But most of all, it left me very entertained.

This is book 1 of the series and I look forward to reading more of the series. This is a regency romance. This does have a HEA and does not end on a cliff hanger.

Thi
Ann L
May 06, 2015 added it
Going Rogue

Manipulated into thinking it was for the sake of helping her mother and her selfish aunt, Meredith gave up the one thing she loved, Derek, for the life of a socialite under the guidance of her aunt.

Derek thinking that the woman he had loved had become a woman only interested in the wealth and prestigious title a man could bring, something he did not have.

Years later he inherits a title and is looking for a bride.

He has become hardened and suspicious. They meet again by chance, when he
Isha Coleman
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Jessica Jefferson, I will be reading your stories more often. I was given a copy of Going Rogue for an honest review. I fell in love with Meredith's fearlessness and Derek's ability to never give up. Going Rogue is a story that poses the question of how far one would go for love. Whether it be to gain the love of a sweetheart or to redeem the reputation of a loved one. Ms. Jefferson allows the reader to walk in the shoes of her central characters and feel the frustration, fear and emotion. I won ...more
Alyssa
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A love story that has so many twists, turns, and screw ups that it kept me up half the night but I enjoyed every page of it! Meredith and Derek have problems with communication up until the last page but you can't help but cheer for each character and their strong sense of values with family and work. The "Ribbons" was a new twist that made this historical romance into something very original. Their group was so interesting and it sounds like there will be more details in the next book about the ...more
Jen
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A promising start to a new series! There are so many emotions, secrets and lies that you will not be able to put the book down once you start. Both Meredith and Derek have changed from since their last encounter, but their feelings for each other never really changed. It was great to see their true selves emerge as they fight their way to their HEA. Can't wait to see what her fellow Ribbon club members, Olivia and especially Alex, have in store for us.

ARC received in exchange for an honest revi
Liz Evans
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Ms. Jefferson & I ask myself "Why".... I'll certainly being reading more.
This is a Regency romance set between 1811- 1817. It poses the age old question "what would you do for love". Meredith loves Derek but decides, with Derek's blessing,to help her ailing mother. What ensues is a emotional ride through, deceit, betrayal & love. Extremely well written. And very strong characters both main & secondary. Well worth a read.
Violetta Rand
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meredith and Derek are a formidable pair--witty and charming, attractive and educated, penniless and rich, and completely at odds! For a match not made in heaven, Ms. Jefferson once again showcases her talent on how two people with different agendas find common ground and learn to love (again?).

Oh Meredith, forget the Ribbons, go for the titled guy!
InD'tale Magazine
The push and pull of attraction between Meredith and Derek will make a reader swoon, and wish that they were whisked away by someone like Derek.

Read full review in the 2015 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Katie Kuss
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this author. Overall she's original and her storyline are fresh. I would've given it 5 stars if not for the cottage in the rain bit. Overused and too easy for an author that up till then had avoided those cliche scenes.
Jessica
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book.

The book, plot, and characters were decent but the story lacked momentum in some areas. The book, itself, could've been cut in half and we (the reader) would have still enjoyed it.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 07, 2015 07:13AM

• The Governess Who Captured His Heart (The Honorable Scoundrels, #1)
  • Lord of Temptation (Rogues to Riches, #4)
  • The Runner's Enticement (Men of Circumstance Book 2)
  • Redeeming the Earl (PERFECT SERIES COMPANION Book 3)
  • A Lady's Vanishing Choices
  • Fair, Bright, and Terrible (Welsh Blades #2)
  • Highland Deliverance (Blades of Honor #3)
  • Her Scandalous Wish (A Waltz with a Rogue Novellas, #3)
  • A Bit of Heaven on Earth
  • A Perfect Gentleman (Montclair-de Vere, #1)
  • The Viscount’s Mistress
  • Forbidden (The Wicked Woodleys, #1)
  • Highland Deception
  • The Gorgon
  • The Rogue and I (Must Love Rogues, #1)
  • Holly & Mistletoe: A Hiatt Regency Classic Christmas Duet (Hiatt Regency Classics)
  • A Rogue's Deadly Redemption (The Willoughby Family, #3)
  • Uncover My Secrets (Regal Rights #1)
Jessica Jefferson makes her home in Almost-Chicago with her husband, nine and three year old girls, guinea pigs, and English bulldog Pete. When she's not busy trying to find middle-ground between being a modern career woman and Suzy-Homemaker, she loves to watch "Real Housewives of [insert city here]" and performing unnecessary improvements to her home and property.
Jessica writes Regency-era hist