Start by marking “All the Little Pieces” as Want to Read:
All the Little Pieces

All the Little Pieces

She could have stopped an awful crime. She could have saved a life. She tried to forget about it. But now, the truth is out. The terrifying new psychological thriller from the bestselling author of Retribution and Pretty Little Things. Faith Saunders is the perfect wife, mother and sister - loved and admired by all who know her. One night will change everything. As she ...more
Published June 4th 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about All the Little Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Little Pieces

Start your review of All the Little Pieces
Lisa
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Something had hit the window Help me a voice said!! Faith's blood turned to ice she pressed her facew up to the glass & the nightmare began!!

Girls are disappearing in Palm Beach County prostitutes, strippers girls who don't have a loving home to miss them they disappear into the cracks.

Detective Bryan Nill cannot prove its a serial killer but he knows in his gut it is all he needs is evidence but without any witnesses he has nothing but the more he digs into the brutal killings a suspect is
A Girl Has No Name
4.5 stars rounded up to 5!

I'm a huge fan of Jilliane Hoffman and I have loved all of her books thus far. I have been looking forward to reading this one for quite a while now. The blurb sucked me right in and after a few chapters I was already totally hooked. This story is another crazy page turner and I wasn't able to stop reading.

All the Little Pieces isn't a classical thriller and that's what might disappoint some readers. It is not about finding out who's the murderer - it's about all the
Karen
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of those scenarios that will make you wonder 'what would I do?' If you were driving home on a dark stormy night, lost and heavens know where, with a young child in the back, would you let a young woman into your car knowing that whilst she may be in danger, you could be in even more danger by letting her in? This is the situation that Faith faced and in those few moments it took for her to decide to drive away, her life changed.

Unbeknown to Faith, her young daughter was not asleep
Bookread2day
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

All The Little Pieces by Jilliane Hoffan is a first-rate thriller. No one writes thrillers like Jilliane Hoffman. All fans of serial killer investigations will want to add this thriller to their book case.

Girls are disappearing in Palm Beach County. Detective Bryan Nil can't prove it's a serial killer.

The story opens up with your heart beating fast as a young woman is running with bare feet through the sugar cane fields away from someone.

Faith Saunders is the perfect wife, mother and sister
Joanne Robertson
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I did not want this book to end and I was so worried that the ending when it did come would be an outcome that I didn't want!! I became so involved in this roller coaster thriller that I really came to care about Faith and Maggie and wanted to follow their story for longer than the book allowed!! It takes a brilliant author to make that happen.
This book is a stunningly well researched plot that is part serial killer thriller, part courtroom drama but combined throughout with a detailed study of
Clare
Listened to in audio format.

Faith Saunders is married to Nick a successful lawyer. On the surface they seem a successful couple, but Nick had an affair with his intern and although Faith and Nick are still together she is finding hard to cope with his betrayal. Although Faith was always a very heavy drinker, she is relying on it more and more to cope everyday.

One weekend Faith goes to her sister Charity's birthday party, taking her daughter 4 year old Maggie along. There is a storm brewing so
Shirley Revill
I listened to the audiobook and boy this was one scary story. The narration was brilliant and had me looking over my shoulder when I was listening late at night.
I have never read anything before by this author but I will definitely be looking for more books.
Really impressed and just sorry when I completed the book. Highly recommended.
Gayle Noble
Faith is married to Jarrod, has her own business and a four-year-old daughter, Maggie. Maggie has behavioural issues, Jarrod cheated on Faith, and Faith's sister Charity is married to a loser. Faith also has an alcohol addiction. After one too many verbal arguments, Faith leaves a party at her sister's home and attempts to drive home, with her daughter in the back seat, after drinking.

During a storm she swears she hits a deer or something but when she gets out to look, nothing is there. As the
Cleopatra  Pullen
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, own
What would you do if you were in a car with your young daughter and a young woman knocked on your window and asked for help? Would you risk letting her into your car? Or would you, as Faith Saunders did, ignore the plea even though the girl in question was soon joined by two men. The moral dilemmas posed by this novel present the reader with a superb premise and this promise is realised in the execution.

This is a story of how a single lie by omission can have devastating consequences. Faith kept
Josh
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely do I read mainstream crime fiction that I simply don't want to end. ALL THE LITTLE PIECES by Jillian Hoffman is one such rarity.

Faith Saunders is a mother and wife, trying to put the shattered pieces of her life together following her husbands infidelity and the troubles the couple is having with their young daughter Maggie - both at school and home, when all sense of normalcy is destroyed by a chance encounter with a pair of serial killers and a victim who managed to escape.

Sheila
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I felt there was a lot of padding in this book, too much detail at times. I loved the idea of the storyline, but I can't say it ever really grabbed my attention and made me sit up and take notice. I enjoy reading a book where the unexpected happens, and I could pretty much guess what was coming next. I read the book as part of an online book club 'book of the month' so it's probably not something I would normally have chosen, although the blurb sounded promising. Having said that, it's good ...more
Nadja
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Just A Girl Who  Loves Reading
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and the characters but in my opinion it was a bit to long.
Shaz X
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
An edge of your seat ride that feels so real that you forget youre reading a book!

This is the first crime/psychological thriller book that Ive read in some time and wow, it was a fantastic re-entry into this genre for me.

Told from the 3rd person and giving you a perspective of the situation from the witness, her husband, the victim, killer(s), detectives investigating the case and the lawyers trying to get justice. Its a lot of peoples views to take in, but we do get a better all-round view of
Victoria Goldman
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
All the Little Pieces is a roller coaster read. It's an enjoyable mixture of courtroom drama, psychological thriller and crime novel.

Faith seems to have the perfect life, until you delve beneath the surface. Driving home from her sister's house late at night, in the middle of nowhere, a girl's battered face appears at her car window, asking Faith for help. Faith panics and drives off into the darkness, determined to protect her young daughter who is sleeping in the car.

When her daughter
Rachel
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
How I love a good Jilliane Hoffman thriller! I have read all of her books and really enjoy the fact that, as a former district attorney in Florida, she authentically knows what she's writing. I never feel like details of the court proceedings are just filler, they always add to the story. I like that we get to hear the story from the point of view of the bad guys as well as the good guys.

Hoffman's books tend to start off a bit slow and then build the suspense quickly. Her characters are well
Dawn
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
A new author for me that came highly recommended. Frankly, I really did not like the main character. I've read books with lots worse characters, obviously, but she just grated on me.
The story had adequate tension, despicable "bad guys" and was admittedly, a page turner.
I wasn't blown away, but will definitely try another book by this author.
Michelle
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jilliane Hoffman's novels are always a real treat and I look forward to each one being published. All the Little Pieces doesn't disappointment.

This story really makes you think about what you would do if you were in the same situation as Faith, would you help or would you drive away?

I loved this book and struggled to put it down. A must for crime fans.
Renita D'Silva
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Thrilling and tense. Loved it.
Barb
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good mystery. Scary. Mom and 4 year old get lost and a girl knocks at the car window and asks for help....
Denise Cowling
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Couldn't stop reading it.
Ashlee O'Rourke
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Was this book not action packed or what! From the beginning you are hooked, following Faith Saunders and her life as it spirals out of control after getting caught up in a situation that she was hoping was her imagination. You better hold on because Jilliane is going to take you on a wild ride! Just when you think you are getting the twist and turns down she throws in a loop or two, just enough to scramble you back up. I love when the end is something you don't see coming, I didn't see it ...more
Jacqui
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Faith Saunders pulled over to the side of the road on a cold rainy night. She was tired and had been drinking and didn't want to have an accident with her four year old daughter in the back seat. She dozes off, only to be woken by a young girl banging on her car window. The girl is bleeding and limping and begging for help. Faith drives off, leaving the girl and the two men dragging her off into the woods behind her. After all, she has a kid in her car. How could she open the door?

What started
Nicki
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
So close to being a 5 star read. What let it down was the ending, which felt incomplete. I wondered if it was part of a series, but it doesnt seem to be. Normally I hate books that dont tie up, but surprisingly Id actually have been up for a sequel.
I found this really gripping all the way through. Very dark and horrible, but felt very real. I didnt hate Faith. Honestly I dont think I would have opened the car door either. Its a sad indication of how many scammers there are out there. If she had
Tjitske
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
What would you have done? Thats the main question that went through my head while reading this book. In a dark stormy night Faith gets lost while driving home with her little girl in the backseat. When stopping by the side of the road in a deserted town suddenly a girl, all wet and dirty, shows up next to her window begging for help and to let her in. Faith is startled and in doubt; who is this girl, is she dangerous? Then a man shows up next to the girl, dragging her back and threathening ...more
Tony
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This was the second Hoffman book I had read in the past fortnight and I am not sure if I was judging it by the quality of the first one I read (Pretty Little Things) but this one disappointed me. The first third of the book was quite good but it fell away from there as it became bogged down with the mundane side of the two leading characters. The discovery of the crime scene by accident was not believable and the ending left a lot to be desired as well. I suppose I was not convinced or satisfied ...more
Christina
I hated Faith sooooo much... she annoyed me right from the start! I mean I get that she probably didn't let her into the car - could be that she is a bad person, there was Maggie etc etc.. but the point that she doesn't say anything and on top of that also lies about the second person ughhhhh I could slap her!! she was one of the least likeable characters ever! I just finished it as I wanted to know how the story will end but I honestly hoped Jarrod and Maggie would leave her... or that the ...more
Alicia
Jan 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So disappointed. I wanted to read this book for so long. I feel like this book could be a lot shorter if a lot of the extra info was cut out. There is dialogue that is boring and not pertinent to the story. The parts of the real story/suspense that I read were great but the extra killed it for me.

This is nothing like the other book I read by her.
Selina
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Despite being marketed as a thriller, "All the Little Pieces" tells an immensely personal tragedy while being an allegory of the social climate change over the recent years.
I wonder how many people who reviewed this book unfavourably because of their dislike for Faith Saunders and her (in)actions went on to vote for nationalist politicians in support of strong borders and walls.
Grada (BoekenTrol)
I'm not sure what to think of this book.
On the one hand it's not your every day thriller story. It winds and twists and it let me in directions I didn't expect.
The main character was not a likeable person and (a thing I mostly dislike(, it has an open ending.
But... It kept me reading and I was curious enough to want to find out how the story would end.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Gift for Dying
  • The Lost Girls
  • Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2)
  • Mijn ware verhaal
  • Broertje
  • Kurt
  • Das Hexenmädchen
  • Das Haus der Mädchen
  • Het moois dat we delen
  • Todesmal (Maarten S. Sneijder, #5)
  • Der Federmann (Nils Trojan, #1)
  • AchtNacht
  • The Four-Fingered Man
  • Offline
  • Ciao Sicilia
  • Die Totentänzerin
  • She's Never Coming Back
  • Here We Lie
Jilliane P. Hoffman began her professional career as an Assistant State Attorney prosecuting felonies in Florida from 1992 to 1996 with special assignments to the Domestic Violence and the Legal Extradition Units. Originally from Long Island, she currently lives in South Florida with her husband and two children.