Start by marking “All the Little Pieces” as Want to Read:
All the Little Pieces

All the Little Pieces

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  800 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
She could have stopped an awful crime. She could have saved a life. She tried to forget about it. But now, the truth is out. The terrifying new psychological thriller from the bestselling author of Retribution and Pretty Little Things. Faith Saunders is the perfect wife, mother and sister - loved and admired by all who know her. One night will change everything. As she dri ...more
Published June 4th 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about All the Little Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Little Pieces

Lisa
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Something had hit the window Help me a voice said!! Faith's blood turned to ice she pressed her facew up to the glass & the nightmare began!!

Girls are disappearing in Palm Beach County prostitutes, strippers girls who don't have a loving home to miss them they disappear into the cracks.

Detective Bryan Nill cannot prove its a serial killer but he knows in his gut it is all he needs is evidence but without any witnesses he has nothing but the more he digs into the brutal killings a suspect is
A Girl Has No Name
4.5 stars rounded up to 5!

I'm a huge fan of Jilliane Hoffman and I have loved all of her books thus far. I have been looking forward to reading this one for quite a while now. The blurb sucked me right in and after a few chapters I was already totally hooked. This story is another crazy page turner and I wasn't able to stop reading.

All the Little Pieces isn't a classical thriller and that's what might disappoint some readers. It is not about finding out who's the murderer - it's about all the
Karen
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is one of those scenarios that will make you wonder 'what would I do?' If you were driving home on a dark stormy night, lost and heavens know where, with a young child in the back, would you let a young woman into your car knowing that whilst she may be in danger, you could be in even more danger by letting her in? This is the situation that Faith faced and in those few moments it took for her to decide to drive away, her life changed.

Unbeknown to Faith, her young daughter was not asleep i
Sunshineandbooks1410
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: januar_18
Die Protagonistin fand ich etwas anstrengend, anderseits muß es sehr hart für sie gewesen sein. Es wird viel aus der Sicht der Staatsanwaltschaft geschildert, als der Fall zu Gericht kommt. Auf jeden Fall ein tolles Buch. Nun greife ich zu 'Cupido' und lese wohl alle Bücher auf meinem Sub der Autorin weg. 🤗
Bookread2day
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

All The Little Pieces by Jilliane Hoffan is a first-rate thriller. No one writes thrillers like Jilliane Hoffman. All fans of serial killer investigations will want to add this thriller to their book case.

Girls are disappearing in Palm Beach County. Detective Bryan Nil can't prove it's a serial killer.

The story opens up with your heart beating fast as a young woman is running with bare feet through the sugar cane fields away from someone.

Faith Saunders is the perfect wife, mother and sister wh
Joanne Robertson
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I did not want this book to end and I was so worried that the ending when it did come would be an outcome that I didn't want!! I became so involved in this roller coaster thriller that I really came to care about Faith and Maggie and wanted to follow their story for longer than the book allowed!! It takes a brilliant author to make that happen.
This book is a stunningly well researched plot that is part serial killer thriller, part courtroom drama but combined throughout with a detailed study of
Clare
Listened to in audio format.

Faith Saunders is married to Nick a successful lawyer. On the surface they seem a successful couple, but Nick had an affair with his intern and although Faith and Nick are still together she is finding hard to cope with his betrayal. Although Faith was always a very heavy drinker, she is relying on it more and more to cope everyday.

One weekend Faith goes to her sister Charity's birthday party, taking her daughter 4 year old Maggie along. There is a storm brewing so Fa
Shirley Revill
I listened to the audiobook and boy this was one scary story. The narration was brilliant and had me looking over my shoulder when I was listening late at night.
I have never read anything before by this author but I will definitely be looking for more books.
Really impressed and just sorry when I completed the book. Highly recommended.
Hanna
May 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Zwar von Andrea Sawatzki ausgesprochen gut vorgelesen, ist die Handlung von "Samariter" leider schwer zu ertragen. Weniger aufgrund der brutalen Morde, als wegen der ewigen Wiederholungen. Obwohl ich die gekürzte Fassung gehört habe, hat sich das Buch gezogen wie Kaugummi. Die Charaktere waren mir zu clichéhaft und die stereotypen Beziehungs- und Geschlechterrollen haben mich genervt.
Noras Bücherkiste
3,5 Stern

Hat mir echt Spaß gemacht!
Aber gut dass ich es als Hörbuch gehört habe. Als Buch wäre es mir zu langweilig gewesen. ☺👍🏼

Werde wohl Juliane Hoffman nur noch hören.
Inge van weegen
May 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: niet-uitgelezen
niet uitgelezen een week tegen aangelezen op 59% dichtgedaan. Wat een onnozele hoofdpersoon. Het irriteerde me zo mateloos dat ik gewoon niet aan lezen toe kwam deze week. Op naar het volgende boek
Monique
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Goed verhaal. Valt meer op door psychologie dan door de nagelbijtende spanning die ik bij Hoffman verwachtte.
Míša Rubášová
Jedno špatné rozhodnutí za druhým...
Očividně se nám tu rozjíždí velmi slušná krimi série! See You, Florida!
Cleo Bannister
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, own
What would you do if you were in a car with your young daughter and a young woman knocked on your window and asked for help? Would you risk letting her into your car? Or would you, as Faith Saunders did, ignore the plea even though the girl in question was soon joined by two men. The moral dilemmas posed by this novel present the reader with a superb premise and this promise is realised in the execution.

This is a story of how a single lie by omission can have devastating consequences. Faith kept
Josh
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely do I read mainstream crime fiction that I simply don't want to end. ALL THE LITTLE PIECES by Jillian Hoffman is one such rarity.

Faith Saunders is a mother and wife, trying to put the shattered pieces of her life together following her husbands infidelity and the troubles the couple is having with their young daughter Maggie - both at school and home, when all sense of normalcy is destroyed by a chance encounter with a pair of serial killers and a victim who managed to escape.

Escape
Sheila
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I felt there was a lot of padding in this book, too much detail at times. I loved the idea of the storyline, but I can't say it ever really grabbed my attention and made me sit up and take notice. I enjoy reading a book where the unexpected happens, and I could pretty much guess what was coming next. I read the book as part of an online book club 'book of the month' so it's probably not something I would normally have chosen, although the blurb sounded promising. Having said that, it's good soli ...more
Jasmin
Feb 18, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: triller, e-book
Also nach jedem Kapitel musste ich mich zusammenreißen, das Buch nicht wegzulegen und komplett aufzuhören es zu lesen! So ein langweiliges Buch habe ich schon lange nicht mehr gelesen! Spannung ist gleich null! Und das für mich Mühsamste: die Kapitel sind nicht in zeitlicher Abfolge sondern z.T. findet die Handlung Monate nach dem vorherigen Kapitel statt. Das lässt die Luft allgemein aus der Geschichte ganz schön raus. Das halb offene Ende ist einfach doof! 1 Stern!
Mariska
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spannend boek, maar een roman zou ik het niet willen noemen zoals er bij het dankwoord staat. Wel een thriller, zoals op de voorkant van het boek staat.
Wel waren er stukken bij die ik wat langdradig vond, vandaar de 4 sterren, maar al met al een goed boek en zeker een aanrader. Ben benieuwd of er nog een deel 2 van is/komt.
Chantal
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leuk boek! Mooi verhaallijn en boeiend geschreven. Ik hou alleen niet van open einde dus daarom 1 ster minder
Mandy
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gelezen-in-2018
Het leven van Faith Saunders is een regelrechte nachtmerrie en eigenlijk is deze al begonnen voordat het verhaal van start gaat. Haar man heeft een affaire gehad met zijn secretaresse, de relatie met haar familie is slecht, de ontwikkeling van en relatie met haar dochtertje verloopt niet vlekkeloos en Faith heeft een behoorlijk drankprobleem. Alsof dat allemaal nog niet genoeg is, is ze samen met haar dochter getuige van een poging tot ontvoering, waarbij Faith besluit niet in te grijpen of het ...more
sergevernaillen
Jul 31, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Xuereb
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
An edge of your seat ride that feels so real that you forget you’re reading a book!

This is the first crime/psychological thriller book that I’ve read in some time and wow, it was a fantastic re-entry into this genre for me.

Told from the 3rd person and giving you a perspective of the situation from the witness, her husband, the victim, killer(s), detectives investigating the case and the lawyers trying to get justice. It’s a lot of people’s views to take in, but we do get a better all-round view
Victoria Goldman
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
All the Little Pieces is a roller coaster read. It's an enjoyable mixture of courtroom drama, psychological thriller and crime novel.

Faith seems to have the perfect life, until you delve beneath the surface. Driving home from her sister's house late at night, in the middle of nowhere, a girl's battered face appears at her car window, asking Faith for help. Faith panics and drives off into the darkness, determined to protect her young daughter who is sleeping in the car.

When her daughter identifi
Miranda
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Van begin tot eind spannend!!!
Rachel
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
How I love a good Jilliane Hoffman thriller! I have read all of her books and really enjoy the fact that, as a former district attorney in Florida, she authentically knows what she's writing. I never feel like details of the court proceedings are just filler, they always add to the story. I like that we get to hear the story from the point of view of the bad guys as well as the good guys.

Hoffman's books tend to start off a bit slow and then build the suspense quickly. Her characters are well dev
Sunsy
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hörbücher
Für mich kein "richtiger" Hoffman, kaum Thrill, dafür ein großes Familiendrama. Die Ermittler mussten mit sparsam dosierten Informationen arbeiten und sind wahrscheinlich deshalb auch nicht gleich auf die Möglichkeit eines Partners gekommen. Ich selbst konnte mich in Faith überhaupt nicht hineinversetzen. Andrea Sawatzki hat hier allerdings mit ihrem Job als Sprecherin einen Punkt mehr herausgeholt als ich für das Buch gegeben hätte.

07/10 Punkte.
Michelle
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jilliane Hoffman's novels are always a real treat and I look forward to each one being published. All the Little Pieces doesn't disappointment.

This story really makes you think about what you would do if you were in the same situation as Faith, would you help or would you drive away?

I loved this book and struggled to put it down. A must for crime fans.
Dawn
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
A new author for me that came highly recommended. Frankly, I really did not like the main character. I've read books with lots worse characters, obviously, but she just grated on me.
The story had adequate tension, despicable "bad guys" and was admittedly, a page turner.
I wasn't blown away, but will definitely try another book by this author.
Anke
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5 ster! leuk boek!
spannend, je blijft je afvragen wat gaat er nog gebeuren, van begin tot eind.
een halve ster minder omdat het toch een soort van open eind heeft, ik had graag gelezen hoe het afgelopen was. desnoods in een deel 2.
  • The Silent Inheritance
  • Under Italian Skies
  • The Enchanted Island
  • Close to Home
  • Storm Clouds (Goodabri #2)
  • Dogs of India
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • Heartbreaker (Brennan & Esposito #7)
  • The Brewer's Tale
  • Runaway Lies
  • Precious Things
  • Darkest Place
  • Good Money
Jilliane P. Hoffman began her professional career as an Assistant State Attorney prosecuting felonies in Florida from 1992 to 1996 with special assignments to the Domestic Violence and the Legal Extradition Units. Originally from Long Island, she currently lives in South Florida with her husband and two children.
More about Jilliane Hoffman

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Every Single Secret
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • The Memory Closet
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Mind's Eye (Inspector Van Veeteren #1)
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
  • The Secret Mother