Start by marking “A Wild Ride (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #1)” as Want to Read:
A Wild Ride (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #1)

A Wild Ride

(The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #1)

Upon waking on the morning of her tenth birthday, Moxie Wyoming Woodson embarks on a summer of magic, mayhem and adventure. With rodeo champion Granny Rose as her inspiration, Moxie’s birthday dreams kick up visions of a fine young horse that will also help her take on the more grown-up chores on her family’s Wyoming ranch.

When her father unloads from his trailer the old
Published April 23rd 2015 by Pancora Press

To ask other readers questions about A Wild Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Wild Ride

Stacie
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming, A ColorRead with me Storybook, by Niki Danforth, is a delightful book for young readers to share with their families. Moxie, a 10 year old farm girl, receives a special present from her grandpa for her birthday - a horse named Misty. Af first, Misty looks old and plain, but Moxie soon learns that she can talk to Misty, and Misty understands. In more ways than one, she's a magical horse.

Moxie, her friend Pickle, and Misty soon take off on
Amy
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty and Moxie Wyoming,  A ColorRead With Me Storybook is such a cute story. My horse crazy daughter loved it. It is so magical and delightful and is full of beautiful and creative illustrations that can be colored by the readers. What a genius idea it is to get the readers into the story? The story, also, teaches children a wonderful lesson, that even adults should be reminded of. This is one book that children will want to read again and again.

5+ stars.

I recei
Loralee
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun story for children with the great idea of coloring along with the story, and it had a great message as well! Moxie Wyoming and her horse Misty, as well as a few other friends, discover a plot some bad guys have to steal wild horses! How do they go about thwarting the bad guys? Read the book and find out!
Robin Blankenship
This is such a cute book. I love the pictures, I love the story and I adore that you can continue with story in the novel: A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming. This is such a cute character and fun for all ages. I highly recommend this book to others and I can not wait to read the novel. Great message. Love love loved it.
 Mummy Cat Claire
My copy was in pdf style, which isn't the best way to experience this book.

I have never heard of a ColorRead With Me storybook before but after seeing this one, I think they are a neat idea.

I will include the Note to Grown-ups from the Author in my review. This note explains the purpose of the book as the author intended it.

"Many of this book's illustrations were well-suited to live drawings, but a few of the gorgeous drawings were so detailed that we let them alone so readers can enjoy the ar
Kristina Applegate
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-for-review
Excited for her tenth birthday, Moxie Wyoming Woodson wakes up and rushes out to find if she’s lucky enough to get her own barrel racing horse. She is even more excited when she sees her dad getting ready to head out with the empty horse trailer. Patiently she waits for her father to get back from his “fence-fixing” trip, only to be disappointed when he comes home and leads out a very old and very sway-backed grey-flecked black horse. With instructions that she’s to love and care for this specia ...more
Melissa
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Wild Ride, The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming is a storybook for children combining a storybook and a coloring book. I had mixed feelings about this book which seemed a little slow to get started. I tried putting myself in the mind of a younger child. I have children and I have worked with children at school for years and I think I have a pretty good grasp of things they like to read. The pictures and illustrations were awesome! I always wished I could draw like that! The story seemed ...more
Amber Jones
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great book for a young child. Full of real life things that do happen and its full of fun wonderful things as well.

One day Moxie and her best friend, Pickle, h
Melissa Nichols
This story does teach a good lesson that sometimes just because something does look the way you wanted or isn't as new as you were hoping doesn't mean it is a bad gift. Moxie was at first disappointed to get old Misty as her horse. Soon, she realized that Misty has special magical powers. The story in this book was just okay. I didn't love it and didn't hate it. I think for a little girl it might be fun to color the pages on the book the colors that you want so that it can be just as you imagine ...more
Judy
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is a very cute book about a girl and her love for horses. I love the coloring pages that go along with the story. Wish I had had some of these when I was growing up. I think this book shows a great lesson learned in that you may not get exactly what you wish for, but sometimes what you get is better that you ever imagine. I would think any horse loving child would love this book.
I received this book in exchange for my opinion. My opinion is my own.

Elissa
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a series of vignettes interspersed with wonderful drawings and coloring book outlines we are introduced to Moxie and Misty and their magical adventures. The breaks in the story present opportunities for discussion as parents read aloud to their younger children or have their children read to them and the illustrations are just begging for crayons and colored pencils. And at the end of the chain of tales a mystery has been solved and animals rescued.
Giulia
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great book both for children and adults who buy it. The story is simple and really nice and it talks about important arguments such as family, friendship and animals safety. Another thing that I appreciate is the fact that during the entire story the main character and her granddad exchange some letters.
Finally the drawings are very cute and they are a wonderful way to enjoy more the experience of a fun reading.
Susan
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Wonderful coloring pages! A great pet rescue fantasy for young animal lovers. Moxie’s and Misty’s adventures continue as each adventure teaches some facts on animal care. The author’s imaginative plots add a young “super hero” flavor to the stories that I bet most children would love to have, so saddle up!
Carrie
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My grandkids had a blast with this coloring book. They're horse fiends, so loved coloring in the pictures and reading the story. Quick easy read, and now I have colored horse pictures to hang on my refrigerator. =)
Jo-Marie Jo-Marie
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Wild Ride is a fun book to read. Moxie and her horse, Misty, work together to foil a gang of rustlers. This book comes with wonderful illustrations and coloring pages, both enhance the reading fun. I recommend A Wild Ride to young readers of all ages.

Vernita Naylor
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
A Wild Ride: The Adventures of Misty and Moxie Wyoming by Niki Danforth centers on Moxie Wyoming who is turning ten. She had always wanted to be like Granny Rose and imagined herself barrel racing and winning first prize, just as Granny Rose had done long ago. On her birthday she got a horse, but Misty was not what she expected. Misty had a sway back, was more than thirty years old, and reigned as the queen of the herd. In her day she would always be out front, leading the herd back to the corra ...more
Penny Marks
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I must say that I think this book will become an instant classic for young girls. I was taken with this books charm and characters. It will transport you back to your youth while reading. It is nice to see an author writing for young girls as something other than being a princess or being part of a gossip club. This is truly inspiring for young girls. The illustrations throughout the book are beautiful just like the story.
I remember as a young girl wanting to live on a ranch with my own horse ju
Kathy
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This children’s story is a great choice for kids that love animals. Children between the ages of 10-12 will love reading this story based on real life characters that are given supernatural powers. On Moxie Wyoming’s 10th birthday, she really wants a horse of her own. But when her father brings his horse trailer back from Cheyenne and unloads a horse, it is not at all what Moxie Wyoming wanted. Misty the horse is small, old, very swaybacked, and with a graying coat. At first Moxie is very disapp ...more
Karon
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this book because of my adventures of having a horse when I was young. My children also enjoyed this book.
Moxie Wyoming is hoping for a horse for her tenth birthday. She is very disappointed when her father leads a gray speckled, swayback mare off the trailer and says “Happy birthday!” Definitely not the horse she had been hoping for. But as Moxie gets to know Misty she discovers that Misty has some magical powers of her
Erin Price
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet book about a girl and her horse. More importantly than recapping the plot, I think it's more important to talk about the lessons that this book offers its young readers:

1. Don't judge a book by its cover - Moxie wasn't too excited to receive her "new" horse Misty because of her age, but they ended up being best friends and having great adventures together.
2. No matter your age, you can make a difference in the world and help those less fortunate than you - whether human or animal
Erika
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a cute story about a little girl named Moxie with moxie to spare!
I read this with my eight year old daughter who is a horseback rider. She did NOT like the "bad cop" aspect in the story but everything else held her attention in a positive light. She was really surprised with the magical aspects of the story at first but she related it to "The Magic Treehouse" books that she has read.

It's a light hearted "go girl" sort of a story with history, present and dreams. What more would a young girl
Cindy Batdorf
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile
This was a fun book to read. I think there might be a sequel!

This story takes place in Wyoming on Moxie's birthday. She is joined by her parents, pet dog Bunker, a new horse named Misty, and her best friend Pickle. This adventure is a mystery mixed with magic that is sure to please. I think I remember something about pink boots! A herd of wild horses are seen in the area and the ranch owners are on edge. Moxie and Misty are determined to find a way to keep them from being stolen and sold.

The aut
Abby
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, kidlit
A Wild Ride was a lovely middle grade book. Moxie is a fun character who is bold, caring, and enthusiastic. The book is a fun mix of realistic adventure and magical intervention. The plot was entertaining and had an age appropriate mystery. Additionally, there was an overarching message about respect for animals in a way that makes sense to kids and is in no way preachy. Also, I love how Moxie’s ties to magic also link back to her grandmother. It felt like a fantastic way to help readers want to ...more
Shauna
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my little daughter in mind and have to give it 5 stars for adorableness. The pictures were a wonderful addition. An adventurous girl with a pretty cool mouthful of a name, Moxie Wyoming Woodson, dreams of having a horse. On her birthday, she is thrilled when her dad pulls in with a horse trailer and expects her dreams to come true. She is quickly disappointed when she sees an old horse come out instead of the beautiful one of her dreams. The horse, Misty, is special in her ...more
Nicki
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pink boots, a flying horse and horse wranglers…what fun! A birthday that is so full of expectations but disappointment happens in the form of an old sway back horse. But pink magic boots are pretty cool. And a horse that gets younger when he flies is really magic. The story shows farm life and responsibilities mixed with a story of wild mustangs. The author created a story that entertains by creating a fantasy amid the reality.

I enjoyed the story. It was a fun story. It is not aimed at my age g
Heather Green
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I could identify with cute Moxie Wyoming who wanted her very own horse so she could be a barrel racing champ. Her disappointment at receiving an old get mare is short-lived when she discovers a bit of magic. Readers will be captivated by this horse and girl duo who solve mysterious and save animals. Full of exciting twists and surprises. This one will interest boys and girls alike, ages 5 (if you read it to them)-9. Beautiful illustrations. If your kids like the Magic Treehouse series, they'll l ...more
Heather  Pederson
Wynee Igel
Mar 30, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Christmas Blessings: Seven Inspirational Romances of Faith, Hope, and Love
  • A Healing Spirit (Riverview Series #2)
  • Without Benefits
  • Beneath the Guarding Stars (Mortality, #2)
  • Lobo's Howliday (The Adventures of Lovable Lobo, #4)
  • The Bridge (Isaac’s Story: London, #1)
  • Twisted Sisters (The Orion Circle #2)
  • Damaged Goods (Blank Slate, #2)
  • Guinevere: On the Eve of Legend
  • Dante's Gift
  • The Christmas Owl
  • Jack Templar And The Lord Of The Demons (The Templar Chronicles, #5)
  • The Secret Sisters Club (Ginnie West Adventures, #1)
  • Novus (The Cresecren Chronicles, #1)
  • Karmack
  • Good-Bye, Baby Max
  • A Different Kind of Safari
  • Isabella Babysits Baxter
Niki Danforth, daughter of a Cold War covert intelligence officer, has the "thriller/adventure" gene in her DNA. After a career as a successful TV/video producer and director in New York, this empty-nester is picking up her first love of mystery books and recreating herself as an author in the genre. Danforth lives in the New Jersey countryside with her husband and two drama-queen dogs.

The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming (2 books)
  • Runaway Rescue (The Adventures of Misty & Moxie Wyoming #2)