Start by marking “Endure (Defy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Endure (Defy, #3)

Endure

(Defy #3)

At last, Alexa and King Damian are engaged to be married. But their lives are far from safe. The kingdom of Antion is under siege, and Rylan is a prisoner of the enemy. Even worse, Alexa remains at the mercy of the evil Dansiian Rafe, who controls her mind and can force Alexa to kill or harm Damian at any moment. Despite this, Alexa is determined to rescue Rylan, which soo ...more
Published December 29th 2015 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Endure, please sign up.
Sara Larson I plan on writing lots more, so stay tuned for announcements about new series/projects! :-)

Sara Larson
Dec 30, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
*I received my final copies yesterday and OH. MY. AAAAGGGGHHHH!!! They are GORGEOUS. I can't wait for you guys to see just how stunning this cover is with all the iridescent coloring and foiling and just...wow. I have to say the bookplate map looks pretty awesome in it, too. Remember to preorder and fill out the form on my blog before the 29th if you want one! :-) It's almost here!!!

*Update 11.14.15 Did you see that Scholastic is giving away 10 advanced copies of ENDURE through a giveaway on Goo
Horsegirl275
UPDATE: A fantastic ending to fantastic series, definitely recommended!

***************************

Finishes Ignite, frantically looks up release date for next book.............2016?!

*cries*

Please?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

SO...FREAKING...GOOD...

description

SOOOO WHY CAN'T I HELP MYSELF FROM CRYINGGGGGGGGGG...

description

THAT ENDING TORE MY HEART TO SHREDS...

description

BUT THEN SOWED IT BACK UP WITH THE EPILOGUE...

description

I ADORED THIS BOOK AND ALL IT'S HARDSHIP AND SHOCKING REVELATIONS...

description

WHEN IT WAS OVER THIS WAS HOW I FELT...

AND THIS...

JUST ONE LAST THING...

~~~~~~~EDITED REVIEW~~~~~~~

4 STARS

ENDURE was everything I dreamed it to be and more. Sara B. Larson never ceases to amaze with each sequel she pack a powerful punch that does not h
Alyssa

Book Three of the Defy series
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: December 29, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Charity
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful novel and conclusion to this series. I literally have so many different emotions running through me right now that I don't know what to say. Sadnes, joy, happiness, amazement... Wow. Especially from midway to the end of the book, that was really quite something. And the epilogue? Beautiful! So glad that I finally picked up this last book of this series and finish it.
Eryn
2.25 Stars

After finishing both Defy (3.75 stars) and Ignite (3.25 stars), I expected this to be in the 3-star range - given that that previous two revolved around there. However, this book left me feeling underwhelmed and outright disappointed. It's really quite a shame.

Whereas the previous two novels included a lot of tension between Alexa and Damian (which I enjoyed), this one had none of that because they were already engaged by the beginning of the novel. And rather than making me feel pleas
Stacee
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
After the ending in Ignite, I was so eager to see how it all played out. I will say that Sara definitely didn't disappoint.

There are swoons and serious action and some super creepy sorcery and a couple of things I definitely didn't see coming. And I swear all of that is all in the last 3 chapters...

Forgive the vague review, I just want to leave all of those delicious morsels for you to find on your own.

**Huge thanks to Mysterious Galaxy for letting me take the arc out of the back room**
jv poore
Endure is the final book in the Defy trilogy by Sara B. Larson. I didn’t realize that, going into it. Earnestly entering Antion, enchanted by Alexa and King Damien, it was evident the story did not begin here. (Yes, thus the title. I get it, now.) While I did immediately add Defy and Ignite to my To-Be- Read stack, I never truly felt late to the party.

The bond between Alexa and Rylan blatantly had background, but was too authentic to warrant doubt. Maybe that hot fudge sundae wows with whipped c
Erica
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
There were so many things to love about Endure. I had been waiting and waiting for this one, wanting to know how Alexa and Damian's story would continue, but also dreading the end, since I didn't want the story to be over.

Endure is exactly the right title for this one. This was my first thought after I finished. Sometimes, story titles don't seem to match the book, but this one, as soon as I finished, I just thought, what a perfect title. The characters endure so much for the final outcome, and
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️
Why is it that every author loves to kill my heart?! I can't...I just can't...This series was absolutely enthralling and I feel like sobbing cause it's over. Endure was painful but was also perfect. It brought the whole series to a bittersweet conclusion. Great series!
Kathryn Purdie
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The last book in the wonderful DEFY series gave me everything I wanted: redemption, heartbreak, Alexa at her fiercest, and swoon-worthy romance. This series gripped me from the beginning, and ENDURE is a triumph of an ending for author, Sara B. Larson. Highly recommended for an fans of epic and romantic YA fantasy with a kick-butt heroine!
Grüffeline
Puh, das ist wieder schwierig. Einerseits ist das Buch echt nicht schlecht geschrieben, andererseits zieht es sich aber auch streckenweise, andererseits kommt das Ende sehr sehr überstürzt. Es sollte wahrscheinlich genau darauf hinauslaufen, aber es kam mir trotzdem vor, als wäre kurz vor Ende aufgefallen, dass das Buch langsam die vorhergesehene Länge erreicht hat und mal eben ein schnelles Ende her musste, ganz zu schweigen von einem sehr sinnlosen Ende für einen mir sehr lieben Charakter. Daz ...more
Kayla
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Although this book wasn't the best in the series. The ending made up for it and made me feel a lot of feelings while reading it.
Erin Arkin

Endure by Sara Larson is the final book in the Defy series and if you haven’t started reading these books yet, you should definitely work to change that. Sara has written a wonderful fantasy series that has great characters, action and magic, and of course…swoony romance. All the things I love! Warning: If you haven’t read the other stories, there may be some spoilers below so continue at your own risk.

Endure picks up where Ignite left off and Alexa is back in Antion with Damian but thi
Thirty37Seven
Jun 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Nika
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Id been extremely lucky up until this point to have survived my battles against so many sorcerers so much more powerful than I could ever dream of being. So many had sacrificed their lives to help me defeat them.

Thats true.
Id love to call the conclusion to the Defy series an epic finale full of all the feels and a perfect dissolve of the story. Unfortunately it left me hanging somewhere between annoyance and resignation.
I was hoping for the Wow - moment since the first book, where I missed a
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
2016 Book Awards
description
(more information about these awards on my blog)

description

I'm so, so happy that this book was not like Ignite because then I might have DNF:ed it shortly after starting it!

Whereas Ignite was predictable and slow - in my opinion - Endure kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole novel. I loved how the kingdom of Dansii turned out to be compared to the other two kingdoms - and how that made the whole story so much darker than the previous two books.

Also, I liked the romance much
Kaitlin
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2015
*I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 3.5 out of 4 stars

First Impression

When I went into Endure, I have to admit I was totally lost. I remembered so little from the previous two books and was worried that it would effect my enjoyment of the book by a lot. I warmed up to the it as I got further into it, though. Some details (such as some past events and information about the war/conflict) are still blurry in my mind, but I was still able to enjoy readi
Emma
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS THE BEST!!!! I just loved the happy ending and how Alexa and Damian had their special happily ever after. This book series had me hooked from the very first page of Defy. This ending tore my heart in two, but the epilogue (thankfully) sewed it back together. I fell in love with this book, and it made me cry when so many characters i had come to love, suddenly died in this beautiful book. The writing style was fabulous, the ending to the chaos was utterly perfect, and I cant wait ti ...more
Lauren G
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After I finished Ignite, my teacher told me that she was going to get Endure next week and I got so excited. I love the Defy series and I'm so sad the trilogy is over! A lot of the enemies and people that were close to her died. I won't say who they are since I don't want to spoil the book. Endure was such a great book and so is Sarah B. Larson. It has a great plot line and I would definitely give this a 5 out of 5.
Tamara
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm crying. This book ended so perfectly.

War has never left Alexa. Every turn might be her last. Every horror follows her in the shadows. Death has come, and the people she loves has been targeted.

Love, war, pain, tears.

Marcel
Jude
Asher
......

Not everyone can be saved.

How long can you cheat death before death knocks on your door?

There may be a once upon a time, but is there a happily ever after?
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this finale! I just finished and I cried during the last few pages because it was so good and I was sad to see it end! I do have one complaint though. I wish this book had been longer, some parts felt very rushed especially getting closer to the end of the story.
Meli
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enthält Spoiler zu den Vorgängern!

Inhalt

Alexa konnte Rafe entkommen, aber Rylan ist noch in seiner Gewalt. Und außerdem steht Alexa immer noch unter Rafes Befehl, dass sie ihm nichts antun kann ...
Krieg steht bevor in Antion. Nicht nur die Dansii sondern auch die Blevoneser haben es unerklärlicherweise auf sie abgesehen. Dabei ist genau jetzt der Zeitpunkt, in dem die beiden Königreiche zusammenhalten müssen um die drohende Gefahr aus Dansii abzuwehren. König Armando hat eine Armee aus schwarze
Lisa
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is close to perfect for me. So many feels!!!! I’m not going to rehash the story synopsis (you can read it at Goodreads here). But I’m just going to flow with my thoughts. Warning – these will be spoiler-y in nature.

Why did you leave Damian, Alexa? I mean – I don’t fault you for doing it. You love Rylan (not “love love”), so I get your loyalty to him and desire to save him – especially considering his condition when you escaped Rafe’s camp. But Damian is the man! Which he proves by let
Kayla Kalisz
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*UPDATED REVIEW *
Ahhh I don't even know where I should begin with Endure. Like the previous book I read, it had been around a year since I last fell into the fantastic world that Sara B Larson had conjured up in the Defy trilogy. Yet I found myself falling right back into place with her amazing writing and great storytelling.

Now in Endure, we found ourself and the main protagonist Alexia back into the word of Antion. Scarred and scared for her past friend and possible lover Rylan as he awaits r
Misty
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
So this series is over. I'm sad that this is over.

I think we see a different side of Alexa in this book. She is almost broken down, but she comes back. She is torn that she left Rylan and she goes after him after letting Damian know. We all know that she loves both Damian and Rylan. Rafe can still control her and she doesn't get the chance to tell Damian.
Alexa gets captured again and is treated almost like a guest, but not quite without getting any food. She strategizes on how to escape, but she
Bridget
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing to see what great condition my copy of Endure is after all of the tears that have drowned the paper.
Endure couldn't have been any better. It was perfect. Most people say the third books aren't always as good, but this, this was the best book I have ever read, and that won't change for a while.
I love that point in a story when your heart races so fast, you have to shut the book and regain strength to go on. Endure had a lot of those.
Some of my favorite moments have bled through the p
Amanda
The final book in the Defy series was a good end to the series. It did start out a little slow for me, but then once the story picked up it was an action packed race to the finish. With the war that is being fought there will always be some characters that die. There was one in particular that I was sad to see happen even though I suspected that this character was not going to make it to the end. Alexa is strong character, one that is not afraid to risk her life to save those that she loves. She ...more
L R W Lee Author Second Acct
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Friendship. Conflict. Love’s Triumph. This is how I summarize Endure, book three in the Defy trilogy by Sara B. Larson.

Wow. A lot happened in this final book of the series. We start at the problem of how to defeat Rafe, an evil sorcerer, who controls Rylan’s mind while holding him prisoner to get to Alexa, and Damian begging Alexa to never leave him again. We end at peace and happily ever after with the world safe from evil and a new dawn for Antion and the neighboring nations.

While I understan
Sara Larson 1 18 Jan 14, 2015 06:10PM
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • War (True Reign, #3)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Broken Faith (Spiritual Discord, #1)
  • Clanless (Nameless, #2)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • The Boy with the Hidden Name (Otherworld, #2)
  • Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief, #2)
  • The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)
  • Blackout (Annum Guard, #2)
  • Isaura (Aberrant, #3)
  • Chantress Fury (Chantress, #3)
  • Silver Eve (Guardians of Tarnec, #2)
  • Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)
  • Banished (Forbidden, #2)
Sara B. Larson is the author of the acclaimed YA fantasy DEFY, and the sequels IGNITE and ENDURE. She can’t remember a time when she didn’t write books—although she now uses a computer instead of a Little Mermaid notebook. Sara lives in Utah with her husband and their three children. She writes in brief snippets throughout the day (while mourning the demise of naptime) and the quiet hours when mos ...more

Defy (3 books)
  • Defy (Defy, #1)
  • Ignite (Defy, #2)
“She had suffered; she had endured loss; she wore sadness like a second skin.” 7 likes
“Above us, the sky was an endless expanse of velvety black, with millions of stars spreading like glittering diamonds spilled across the dark canvas.” 4 likes