Start by marking “Affairytale (Affairytale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Affairytale (Affairytale, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Affairytale

(Affairytale #1)

#1 Amazon kindle bestselling book-diaries and journals.

I’d fallen tragically in love with a man who was always just out of reach. I knew two things for certain. Levi was the man I could never live with. Grant was the man I could never live without.

Grant was a rare gentleman, intelligent and gorgeous; a man every woman desired. Every cell in my body was telling me that he
Paperback, 1st, 333 pages
Published May 20th 2015 by English House

To ask other readers questions about Affairytale, please sign up.
C.J. English I am going to be as honest as I was when I wrote the book. I could give you a fluffed up answer and spare the criticism but I haven't done that so far…moreI am going to be as honest as I was when I wrote the book. I could give you a fluffed up answer and spare the criticism but I haven't done that so far so I won't start now.

Had I asked my ex-husband for permission... this book would never have happened. AFFAIRYTALE is Grants and my love story to share, and I shared it being as sensitive as I possibly could to everyone else involved, and disclosing only what was necessary when it came to other people and events, without changing the true events or tone.

Levi and I do not discuss the contents of the book or any matters past or present other than essential parenting issues. We are a dish best served apart. (less)
C.J. English So glad you were in the "love-this-book" phase when you asked these questions! HA!

I have been working on finishing a companion to AFFAIRYTALE.

…more

I have been working on finishing a companion to AFFAIRYTALE.

AFFAIRYTALE "The Adventures of Happily Ever After" will have deleted scenes, expletives and steam that didn't make it into the first book in addition to adventures we've had since the book ended. Many of which will answer questions about what's happened since.

It's scandalous and hot, and will also offer some additional insight into my seemingly one sided insane behavior. Then will take you on a wild romantic ride of our ongoing HEA lifestyle. You can expect to hear more from Grant in this one as well.

After that perhaps I'll finish the weight loss book I was writing when AFFAIRYTALE wouldn't leave me alone!

Mwah!
CJ(less)
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireWallbanger by Alice ClaytonFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Schmexy Books Worth Reading
1,726 books — 2,453 voters
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankThe Glass Castle by Jeannette WallsI Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya AngelouEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth GilbertPersepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Memoirs by Women
2,345 books — 2,625 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Affairytale (Affairytale, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo English Affairytale Title by SueBee_zpsrggdck44.jpg
 photo at cover v4 xB by sb_zps1ixj1kbx.gif
 photo at story xB by sb_zpswaeii1zh.gif
 photo at stat55 xBQ by sb_zpsljx2zb4n.gif
3/4! AFFAIRyTALE (stand-alone memoir) about one woman’s journey through a troubled marriage while fighting her attraction to her one-true love!

“Our web of less-than-desirable circumstances was complex and gut-wrenching to think about.”

“All of Me” by John Legend captures the longing and their epic, soul-searching love! [Click to listen!]

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 1: Affairytale
Book 1.5: Forever After

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{BR with Mel and Sharon}

I wanted to live, really live before I die. I wanted to know what it feels like to be loved by the man of my dreams.
Levi was the man I couldn't live with, and Grant was the man I couldn't live without.

photo ee593b7e8d8d6f272c3a1bfdea63acbb_zpsnt7ztvjc.jpg

This is the second non-fiction book I've ever read of my own free will. The first was Rob Lowe's autobiography, and let me just say, I enjoyed C.J.'s book far more!! That's really a compliment because back in my early days, I was head over heels in love
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 riveting STARS

“I ached for red silk romance, and carry me away passion, and I ached for it with nobody else but him. He was a breed of charming I couldn't resist.”

I just read the most beautiful and unique story. Colour me surprised, but this book was one of my absolute favourite reads in a long time, quite possibly the last few years. And it's non-fiction, a memoir. Everything is real and it just makes it all so much more wonderful. I laughed, I was heart broken, I got angry and I wanted
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those looking for that emotional connection with the story...and the heroine.
Shelves: best-of-2015
$2.99 on AMZ this weekend only (reg $4.99) 6/12/14- http://amzn.to/1L49QXH

5+++ All Consuming Stars!

photo 4E6F031B-D8DB-491B-A356-A8176D111C4B_zpsorfcxjju.jpg
Photo credit- Pinterest- Affairytale (CJ and Grant English photoshoot)

Affairytale, A Memoir, was unlike any other reading experience I've encountered. EVER. Let me preface my review with the fact that I have NEVER read a non-fiction book. I guess I always thought non-fiction was autobiographies and I, quite frankly, could care less about famous people's self-absorbed life stories. I had no idea
Sophie's Reading Corner
Affairytale is a memoir of a woman who fell in love with the right man while she was in the wrong relationship. For years this had remained a secret desire, but their chemistry was palpable and they couldn't keep it platonic anymore.

True Love always finds a way. Sometimes...it starts with an affair.

This is a story that will stick with me for a very long time. I think it's one of my unforgettable reads. And I'm saying that in the best way that you can say that this is a memorable love story.
Brandi

Affairytale is a memoir, a story about a young woman who marries the wrong man, and as the years go by, finds herself unable to deny the true love of her life. An honest account of an affair, and falling in love. It's heartbreaking, yet beautiful. I can't judge CJ's story, what's right or wrong, I haven't lived her life. In the end, I simply wish them all happiness and love.

description

The path to happily ever after isn't always straight and narrow, sometimes it's messy. We all make choices, as flawed
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
”Everyone gets a do-over”

[image error]

I’m pretty sure this is the only memoir I have read to date. I loved the author’s ability to paint herself in her best and worst light and tell her story.

To be honest, I found the first 40 percent of this story pretty slow going and wished she had given more in most areas. For example, not until after forty percent did I have any connection whatsoever to Grant the man of her dreams, the man she feels she should have married. It was all just glossed
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 Consuming gripping yet Beautiful stars*****

First of all I just want to say how awed I am by this author not only because this is her first book but because she has given us something special she's put her heart and soul into this book. This isn't a fiction Novel it's A.Memoir, it's her life it's her experience its raw, intense and had me gripped at the edge of my seat and reading at all hours to see where it was going and how frankly she became who she is today.

photo 1A5BD404-C6C4-41BB-A53B-FDD46DEF9899_zpsrumoe5rg.jpg

This is C.J and Grants story
Liz
"My love, you were so worth the wait."

description

Affairytale is a unique read exposing the the ugliness of a broken relationship and the transformation of one woman who found her true love before it was too late. In reality, I am not a fan of books with cheating. Being a married woman myself, I don't want to question my own marriage. I don't want to expose the cracks that surface when times are difficult. I don't want to experience the anxiety of what if or why not? And yet, as I fearfully made my way
Peek At My Book Review
Jun 05, 2015 marked it as dnf-threw-myself-out-of-the-window
Shelves: 2015, arc

NO RATING : DNF @ 25%

description

I know I haven’t completed the book and maybe all that I’ll be saying will be irrelevant if I had read it all but I just can’t move forward.

First let me apologise to the author, I am so sorry but this one wasn’t for me. To be honest I rarely dnf an ARC but this one was getting on my nerves. I tried reading this one three times after taking breaks but Nope. Ironically it is the writing that I loved and also hated. I loved the lyrical flow of her writing which really
warhawke
Genre: Memoir
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

C.J. started dating Levi when she was quite young. After a few years of being together and sharing something precious, they took the leap and tied the knot. However, marriage wasn’t as a fairytale as she thought it would be especially when her attention redirected to Grant who has been in her life since the beginning. Sometimes the path to true love is a long winding journey.

This is the second memoir I’ve read. Both were
Kim Bailey

Summer or winter, Grant or Levi, risk it or save it ...

This is more than a mere memoir. This is a captivating and tender love story.

C.J. English delivers a critical and brutally honest account of how she fell in love with the man of her dreams, while married to the father of her child. It's a story of misery and heartache. It's a story of destiny and soulmates.

I can't imagine it being easy to disclose the private details of one's life. Especially when those details could be considered
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3 - 3.5 's

Well, I've written this review a few different ways so far and each time either I'm finding out new information or I'm just trying to find the right balance for reviewing a book where a main character is also the author.

My first reactions were not good ones. I wasn't exactly angry but I didn't like the way the author portrayed Levi, her first husband. My main issue was their meanness toward each other and how it affected the story. The other issue is that he wasn't even aware of the
* Meli Mel *

4 STARS

I've not read many non-fiction books, as you can probably tell. But the moment this book was put on my radar and I read the blurb--thanks to Allison--I became intrigued by this book. And the fact that this was a real romance, I had to dive into it. This is about a real life woman finding her happily ever after. It may have not been
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
3.5 You Were Worth The Wait Stars!
(BR with Patty & Sharon)

photo 635a91ec-2dda-4791-beba-c758bd97d379_zpssdrajine.jpg
 photo bca4d7cf-1f61-4ecc-8e4f-59497163ed51_zpswpnzhqrg.jpg
 photo 140c6e30-7da1-418a-ac29-87e3df5a30d5_zpsvsumphlv.jpg

This is the memoir of a woman named C.J. Summers who wanted the fairytale, and to find the one. She starts dating a cute guy named Levi, & after they have a child together, she agrees to marry him hoping he is her happily ever after. She doesn't want to be alone & felt he could make her happy. She also wants to give her daughter a
Dee Montoya
*****FIVE STARS******

(Arc Kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

photo 1503ab3d-9d32-4a99-9432-3ac9b0274ab9_zpsxrznbkdw.jpg

With zero expectations and an open mind I decided to delve into the pages of this story. This is a non-fiction book; the memoir of a woman who decided to share the story of her affair with the world. She wrote it with a naked heart, beautiful and yet completely heartbreaking. The story about how she met the love of her life when she was engaged to be married to another.

C.J had a man in her life; the father of
Beverly
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"I wish we could have been together in a different lifetime, I have a feeling we would have been really amazing."

ONE CLICK-> http://amzn.to/1HmMn4y

So, I have this best friend, this girl knows my every thought. I mean if it passes into my head it usually goes out to her in a matter of minutes. See, she is my person, I trust her explicitly. She knows the good, the bad and the ugly of Beverly. She knows Beverly is crazy funny, but also gets super sad about certain things. She knows how I
~Stéphanie's Journal~
EPIC BLOG-HOP GIVEAWAY - Click on the pix to be redirected ;)

description

Affairytale is probably a story you only read once in a lifetime.
Thanks to the amazing review of my friend, Flo, I had the chance to read a unique love story.

I also wanted to thank my dear friend Allison for contacting me because without you, I wouldn't have spent my entire week end in company of such a life-changing story.

description

Affairytale is not a fiction, it's a real story .
C.J, the heroine is a real living person and for me, the
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

*NO RATING*

Didn’t rate this book not because I hated it but I don’t know how I feel about this book, I’m going through so many mixed emotions right now and since it’s a true story I found it hard not to be judgemental.

For almost first half of the story I never understood C.J and her actions, it’s not the affair which bothered but the way she treated Levi or her feelings towards him was what I couldn’t stand. I get it, they were in a loveless marriage and to make it work was almost impossible,
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
description

“I had a feeling it was you.”

You guys know that we will read anything and everything as long as it has romance. Nothing really deters us from picking a book up. This story could have scared us off, after all, we often read about cheating in books yet this is a true account; A Memoir.

We found ourselves riveted; after all we could be classed as cheeky voyeurs of CJ and Grant’s love affair. Sceptical, as in would someone really bare their souls in this manner and invite vilification into their
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Right Man, Wrong Time Stars

This is one of those reads that makes me sit and think...makes me struggle to review. This story is a staggering look into a true blown affair, focused not on cheating per se, but more of a complete emotional journey to another man. Told in fragmented pieces of passing past and present times, written memories in a journal, and text messages between a man a woman, Affairytale is as emotionally awkward to read as it is to imagine.

This is a memoir of sorts of the
April
True Love always finds a way.
Sometimes...it starts with an affair.

My thoughts on this story:
perfection photo: perfection perfection.gif

I'm still stunned that I'm not sure how to review this, but I will say that this is such a brutally open and honest story!

raw feelings photo: Dean cries deanfeel.gif

You know....... life is NOT easy and sometimes there are decisions that need to be made; and sometimes those decisions may not be the right ones (in your eyes,) but for that person, it may just be the BEST decision she/he ever made!

This story is: REAL; HONEST; RAW; Heart
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
DNF- it is clearly the case of me and not the book as so many have loved. I wish the author much success and please refer to the many other reviews listed.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
**4.5 "Everyone Gets A Do-Over" Stars**
 photo IMG_20160712_142459_zpssvju7ohs.jpg

Wow a book hasn't made me this emotional in a long time. Such a beautiful love story filled with pain, heartache and love. I loved CJs story. It's nonfiction, but there were times when I forgot I wasn't reading a novel.

I wasn't sure how I would feel going into it this knowing that this story is about a married woman whose soulmate is not her husband. From the very beginning I was pulled in. I was torn between a lot of things. The harsh realities of a dying
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I absolutely fell in love with this book and the characters. This is a very adult, very difficult story and is certainly not for everyone; it is painfully real, messy and passionate and I loved every single word.

I wanted to find someone who belonged with me like the stars belonged with the sky. Someone I could get lost in, who would make me forget about reality for a while, who would adore me second to none.

Affairytale is a book that fascinated me, at times made me cringe, enthralled me and in
Sabrina
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interview with C.J English and a giveaway on my blog

Do I like non-fiction books? No. Do I like cheating in my books? No. But I loved this book!

This is a story of pain, loss, and love. C.J made a mistake when she was young and that mistake resulted in a loveless marriage and feelings of hopelessness. C.J and Levi grew apart from each other but both felt obligated to stay in the relationship.

The summer that C.J met Grant there was an instant attraction and
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
description

“I had a feeling it was you.”

Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

“I was forever under his spell and I never wanted to be without him, ever again. And if being with him, like this, turned out to be a mistake, it would be the best mistake I’d ever make.”

I often pick a book because my friends have read it, the cover talked me to it, it was my to-go-to Author, I’ve read an excerpt and I was compelled, or just because I want to do some cherry popping. I don’t really do journals or memoirs. I’ve read true stories but mostly, they were written in a way that it
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4 stars!

BR with the Shhluts!

A Beautifully written story! emotional, sensual, heartbreaking at times, including an in depth look inside C.J.'s personal struggle with life, love and a serious medical condition.

Written with such detailed honesty, it
felt like I was reading her diary, I do
wish that the love scenes between Grant & C.J. could have been more descriptive, especially with the detailed attention paid to everything else...it had me feeling a little left out, having said that, its a
J. Kahele
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow

What a fantastic story. I love memoirs because the truth is so raw and engaging. Best of luck to the author and her husband.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
What would you do? 2 26 Jun 19, 2015 12:41PM

• Disgrace
  • Commander (Commander in Briefs, #1)
  • Method
  • When Ashes Fall
  • Grip (Grip, #1)
  • Jersey Six
  • Filthy Vows (Filthy Vows, #1)
  • Because of Him
  • A Place Without You
  • Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
  • Daddy
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
  • Children of Vice (Children of Vice, #1)
  • The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1)
  • Too Hard
  • The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)
  • Accidental Witness (Morelli Family #1)
  • The Banker (Banker, #1)
C.J. English is an Amazon Kindle Best Selling Author in love and romance. Her breakout memoir AFFAIRYTALE, debuted at #1 in diaries and journals.

C.J. writes across genres, her 2017 release WTF am I supposed to eat? A dieter’s manifesto was an instant kindle best seller in weight loss and won the Readers Favorite Book Award. Her upcoming works span across topics including fiction and non-fiction.
“Every cell in my body was telling me that he was my happily ever after.” 41 likes
“I hope you outlive me so I never have to know what life is like without you.” 36 likes