Start by marking “Mint Cookie Murder (Merry Wrath, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mint Cookie Murder (Merry Wrath, #2)

Mint Cookie Murder

(Merry Wrath #2)

From national bestselling author, Leslie Langtry comes another Merry Wrath Mystery that will leave you laughing 'til it hurtsscout's honor!

Ex-CIA agent turned suburban scout leader, Merry Wrath, is just trying to live a normal, quiet life. But all that goes out the window when a convicted traitor (whos inconveniently not in his prison cell) dies on her doorstep, and an
ebook
Published June 30th 2015 by Gemma (first published June 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Mint Cookie Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mint Cookie Murder

Start your review of Mint Cookie Murder (Merry Wrath, #2)
Meg
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick, easy read. Could have used a little bit of editing but otherwise a good one.
Nancy Baker
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Merry Wrath, former CIA operative, is laying low in a small town in Iowa and thinks her hardest job is as a Girl Scout leader (dreading cookie sale time). But when she finds a dead man on her porch and a cat that looks like Hitler in her house things become complicated. Leslie Langtry uses wit and sarcasm to humor the reader and many twists and turns to keep us guessing about the murder.
FangirlNation
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mint Cookie Murder by Leslie Langtry is a terrific sequel to Merit Badge Murder. Merry Wrath and her best friend, Kelly, lead a girl scout troop together, and it's time to sell Girl Scout Cookies. No problem. Merrys former CIA partner owes her big time, and it seems that the employees at Langley love cookies more than anyone anywhere in the world. Merry will be able to fund lots of cool gadgets for her troop now! But life gets more complicated when her doorbell rings and Merry answers, only to ...more
Susan Bernhardt
Jan 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a fan of the first book in the series.
Teri-K
Oct 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Amusing story about grown-ups, not a lot of profanity and no sex. I'm enjoying this series when in the mood for something I don't have to take seriously.
SarahSmith
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Just like the first book in this series, Merit Badge Murder, this had everything I want in a romantic mystery; humor, crazy characters, even crazier antics, and of course some romance. The romance seems a bit secondary in this one, but that didn't detract from Leslie Langtry's amazing ability to write laugh out loud characters and situations. This was a quick hilarious read, and definitely worth your time.
Judy
I had a good time with this book. It reminded me a lot of Jana DeLeon's Miss Fortune Mystery series. This is like one of those Over-the-Top Comedic Action Flicks, like Miss Congeniality or Spy. You don't take it seriously, but you have a fantastic time with it anyway.
Gary Sundell
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. The cover critter looks more like a dog than a cat. Looking forward to the book later this year.
Gaylyn Hutchins
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you like the Miss Fortune series and the farcical type book, you will like these. I listen to a lot of audiobooks. When I was looking for a read, I saw that I had the first book in this series. I had entered a review in goodreads so I did not remember if I liked it, so I got the second one. I am now doing the review so I will know for the future. Most cozy mysteries are not realistic, I mean fifteen people dying in a town of 500 people is a little unbelievable. But if it has a good story, I ...more
Diane Burton
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading Merit Badge Murder, I had to read the next book. As a long-time Girl Scout volunteer, I got a kick out of the skills Merry & her buddy Kelly taught the girls in their troop and how Merry got her former CIA colleagues to buy cookies. (I know all that has nothing to do with the murders and those shooting at her and her handler, but it was fun to read.) I admit the author had me guessing about the killer for quite a while. Again, the twists and turns the story takes adds to fun. ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
I really like Merry and it is adorable that her 2nd grade girl scouts love all the "alternative" things she teaches them (being a former spy and all).

This time a dead spy shows up at her door, which bring Riley to town and an overweight cat that looks like Hitler moves in. Plus Rex has an old girlfriend in town and it is girl scout cookie season so Merry is busier than usual.

(view spoiler)
Karen
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merry Wrath is up to her neck in trouble in MINT COOKIE MURDER. Joining fellow girl scout leader Kelly in cookie sales for the troop, Merry finds her herself as a target by assassin Bobb, She must also endure Riley while trying to forge a relationship Rex. Cookie sales are the least of her problems. This hilarious book is a must read for all Merry Wrath fans and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
June
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get set for a roller coaster of laughs and more laughs. The character Merry is improbable,her mouth does not stop and her humor is ballistic. Although the plot is a bit flimsy and at times confusing and I think it rather impossible that an CIA agent would be running a girl scout troop in the middle of Iowa the various characters espcially the Girl scouts make this book great!!! And this is why I read it non-stop!
Tiffany
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Mary Wrath Murder Series. I'm exasperated at some points and on the edge of my seat at others. I get sucked in to the mystery, annoyed by explanation or missing of some points but still mostly enjoyed listening to it while I drive or garden. The love triangle continues and another dead body appears. It left off with a fun cliff hanger. I'm ready for the next book.
Pamela
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good

A wonderful cozy mystery with a cat named Philby who steals the show. Merry, Rex and Riley are really great characters and I loved the humor in this story. On to the next book.
Julie Hubbard
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy
what trouble can Merry find now? Plenty and it is just in time to clash with her troops cookie sales. How will she ever make it out? You will enjoy reading her escapades and probably laugh out loud a few times. These books are great page turners and keep you guessing all the way.
Val
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure what to think 😕 about Riley. He seems to be using Merry's feelings for him to get what he wants but I also think he really might care about her. Rex... oh poor, hot Rex he is just surrounded by crazy 😵 and Merry is His girlfriend! (Don't get much Crazier than that 😉)!
CJ Dennis
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laugh out loud funny romance- murder mystery! Loved it! Read Merit Badge Murder first.
Elisa
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly entertainingly funny mystery.

Merry Wrath is back again for more hijinxs and hilarity.

A great read, a great mystery and wonderful characters.
Karen Holman
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting set of characters, a relocated x CIA agent, a stray cat, and of course a murder or two. The setting is mid state Iowa and the ending mysterious. copy right 2015
Louise Pledge
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit for Leslie Langtry

While I enjoy the Bombay Family series more, this one with Merry Wrath and friends is also entertaining and fun!
Bonnie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fun and intrigue continue in this very enjoyable series!
Mary Newcomb
Murder, Girl Scout cookies, romance, and unfinished CIA business form the basis for this tale. It is entertaining and a fast read, two thing which recommend it on a cold wintry day.
Sz Davis
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was funny, and set in IOWA!
Starla B
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
I love this series. I actually named my kindle Bobb in honor of this book. (It was either going to be that, or Mr Fancy Pants in honor of book 3...
Marti
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love all Leslie's Merry Wrath books! They are such great reads. I look forward to the next one!!
Lori Mitchell Myers
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!
Mooncat
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was a fun read. Philby the cat was hilarious and I loved how much Riley we got in this one. Still rooting for that relationship, so I'm a bit worried about how it developed at the end of the book with the other - wrong - guy ... Fingers crossed!
As for the case, interesting, but a bit confuse.
M.R. Cullen
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mint Cookie Murder, is an absolutely brilliant novel. In this follow up to Merit Badge Murder, Merry Wrath retired CIA Agent and now Girl Scout Leader is settling into a new life, has finally bought a coffee table - but still has her Dora the Explorer bed sheet curtains - and has a slow boil romance with hunky detective across the road Rex.

A fraught discussion between Merry and Kelly about *gasp* having to sell Girl Scout Cookies ends with Kelly going to work and a traitor who is supposed to be
Ellen Hardin
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SCOUTS HONOR! A GRAND SUMMER'S READ,

so mint cookie murder by leslie langtry is the 2nd book of the merry wrath series-- to catch up --Merry Wrath, is an ex CIA operative who was forced into early retirement when her identity was revealed- she returned to her hometown with a new name and became a girl scout leader with her childhood friend kelly - she met a sexy new detective neighbor rex when he started investigating the first dead body merry was connected to- and we discovered her former
« previous 1 3 next »

• Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Swamp Spook (Miss Fortune Mystery, #13)
  • Wrong Side of Forty (Marina at Midlife, #1)
  • Secrets and Stilettos (Murder In Style Book 1)
  • Reel of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery #12)
  • Fries and Alibis (Mitzy Moon #1)
  • No Stone Unturned (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #11)
  • Don’t Stop Bewitching (Bewitchingly Ever After #1)
  • Matchpoint (The Matchmaker, #2)
  • Love Game (The Matchmaker, #3)
  • An Everlasting Christmas (The Happily Everlasting Series, #7)
  • Field of Screams (Matchmaker Mysteries, #4)
  • Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)
  • Witchful Thinking (The Happily Everlasting Series, #4)
  • A Sip Before Dying (Wine & Dine Mysteries #1)
  • And Then There Were Crumbs (A Cookie House Mystery, #1)
Leslie Langtry is a USA Today Bestselling Author of the Merry Wrath Mysteries and the Bombay Family of Assassins Greatest Hits series. She lives in the Midwest with her family and is an active Girl Scout volunteer. Her dream is to someday invent calorie free cake.

Merry Wrath (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Merit Badge Murder (Merry Wrath, #1)
  • Marshmallow S'More Murder (Merry Wrath, #3)
  • Movie Night Murder (Merry Wrath, #4)
  • Mud Run Murder (Merry Wrath #5)
  • Motto for Murder (Merry Wrath, #6)
  • Map Skills Murder (Merry Wrath, #7)
  • Mean Girl Murder (Merry Wrath, #8)
  • Marriage Vow Murder (Merry Wrath #9)
  • Mystery Night Murder (Merry Wrath #10)
  • Meerkats and Murder (Merry Wrath #11)

News & Interviews