Start by marking “Awakening The Bear (A Taste Of Honey, #2)” as Want to Read:
Awakening The Bear (A Taste Of Honey, #2)

Awakening The Bear

(A Taste of Honey #2)

Homicide Detective, Ben Walker thinks he has seen it all. That is, until a murder investigation sets him on the wrong side of the Stonewall Gang, and he finds himself pinned down in an alley, fighting for his life.

When he wakes up, he is a very different man. In fact, he's hardly a man at all. His beast is lurking beneath the surface, desperate to come out and play.
Published April 26th 2015 by Wild Hearts Press

To ask other readers questions about Awakening The Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakening The Bear

Start your review of Awakening The Bear (A Taste Of Honey, #2)
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

The cover is definitely steamy and fits with the book :)

I bought this book back in April. This book is part of the Taste of Honey series, and it has about 120 pages. It is for adults only due to the steamy content and violence.

This story is primarily about Ben, but Raven is a significant part of the book too! You can read the blurb, so I’m not going to restate what happens, but Ben likes to beat himself up and take the guilt where there
Ana
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Homicide Detective left for dead but who is accidentally turned into a werebear finds himself in a world he never existed I love the fact that we suffer a bit with Ben as he deals with the changes he is going through and all the mistakes he makes because of his ignorance of that life. Ben is a believable character and he and the sexy Sentinal Raven are really good together. I was sad to see they had to separate because of her duties, but at the same time it was a great change from mates having ...more
Donna
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awakening The Bear tells the tale of a Homicide Detective who is accidentally turned into a werebear. This isn’t a snarky, lighthearted accidentally changed story. I love the fact that we suffer a bit with Ben as he deals with the changes he is going through. Ben is a believable character and he and the sexy enforcer Raven are really good together. I enjoyed this book and will check out others in the series. I do hope we get to see more of Raven and Ben.
Erica
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
No chemistry between the characters and wtf was that ending
Racy
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Benjamin Walker was a homicide detective for the NYPD. He was trying to bring the Stonewall Gang to justice. What he did not know was that they was more to that gang then met the eye. Can Ben handle the changes that he was willing to face?

Another werebear sees what Ben is going thru and introduces him to the Manhattan pack. Ben must learn to either except becoming pack of the pack or facing the consequences. Will Ben make the right chose? Will the leader of the Manhattan pack be able to help Ben
Rochelle
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I was given this ARC by the author for a honest review*

Awakening the Bear -Catherine Vale

Homicide Detective, Ben Walker was attacked by the leader of the Stonewall Clan/Gang when he put his brother behind bars. He was bitten and changed into a werebear when he was jumped in the alley. His was found at his apartment passed out by a local clan member. His taken to their leader, Douglas, who takes him in and helps him.

Raven Ashe is a special kind of werebear, she is a Sentinel Omega. She is
Roxie's Reviews
" Suspenseful and Hot!"
This book is fantastic right from the start to the finish!. It starts out with spine-tingling suspense and action and ends with this and Red hot Romance to!. The characters are amazing!. You have a evil Harlem gang and super hot cops. Ben Walker is a detective with the NYPD who testifies against a powerful Man in a lethal Gang in Harlem New York. The Guys brother Drake plans revenge against Ben. Ben does not worry about it and goes out to a bar with his partner, but leaves
Barbara
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Given to me for an honest review. The first chapter and the first part of chapter 2 sets up our main male character with who he is and a small peek into his life. Then the story line starts messing with his life with a bang, literally, in chapter 2. Our hero(?), Ben, testifies in court and leaves the courthouse. Later he is shot and mauled. He wakes up in a dumpster and doesn't remember anything after the furry creature went for his neck. We know what happens to humans when a shifter bites you, ...more
Sue
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable read, The characters personalities were well written and it had a good story filled with action and intrigue.

I liked that the story starts, introducing Ben a detective who is obviously the main character but he's not yet a werebear and has no knowledge of their existence.

This was quite a refreshing change as shifter stories go with the 'sentinels', I've not come across this depiction of that character before so that added an interesting twist.
I also enjoyed the way it
Belinda Remmers

*****SPOILERS****

I received this book for an honest review. Holy cow I can't even imagine going through this. All I can say so far is thank goodness for detective Marks, since he was the same thing as Detective Ben Walker now was he could help shed some light on the situation, otherwise there is no telling what would have happened. Imagine getting attacked and turned into a bear shifter, and not knowing what is going on. Without some sort of help to control the bear inside of you, things could
Anne
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ben Walker was a cop, a good one, who put a lot of really bad men behind bars. But, when his testimony helps to put the Stonewall Gang leader into prison, he is attacked by Drake and turned into a werebear. Given an elixir by a fellow cop who also turns out to be a werebear, he is taken to Douglas the Clan Chief and given a job as a bouncer while he sorts out whether or not he can continue working as a cop. During this time, he meets Raven, Sentinel Omega werebear, and sparks fly.

War between
Linda Levine
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good Read

Ben was a police detective who was attacked by a shifter in retaliation for putting a rapist/murderer behind bars. He slowly adjusts to his new life and meets Raven who is a sentinel. She arrives just in time for a major turf war. Their attraction is immediate and they won't let anything separate them. I liked the character of a Raven and would like to learn more about her earlier years and how they formed her character. I think that would be very interesting.
Deborah
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed Both Stories

This action packed exciting read is about a police detective who is attacked by a werebear and turned. Due to circumstances beyond his control, he ended up needing a bodyguard and Raven, a Sentinel, said she would do it. They ended up in a relationship.

Tiger Tango

This is a quick read about a woman needing bodyguards because someone is trying to kill her. The tigers who are hired end up guarding more than just her body. This is a hot fun read.

Monica
Jun 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Let me be clear. The end pissed me the hell off. Come on....no HEA? Why do that to us? I liked the book and enjoyed both characters. I will say their physical relationship happened awful fast a little too fast. It was an interesting read but the end just disappointed me. Although she promised to be back...still...just not good enough for us HEA lovers.
Teresa Stirewalt
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I loved the balance of danger that blended with the love of friends and family that filled this story. It played in nicely with the first book of the series and the ending has me eager and impatient to read any other books of this series. I can't wait to learn more about this sex chief of theirs and the learn what the future holds for Ben and Raven as well as the others.
Julie Jackson
Apr 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC for a honest review. I loved Ben and Raven. Such a great story. Ben is turned after he testifies against the stonewall member. He doesn't understand what has happen to him but is taken in by a great clan. Raven steps into his life and he is drawn immediately. Great read and the the writing was awesome. Highly recommend.
Rosario Barrera
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Werebears around us

I enjoyed this book very much. What I enjoyed most was that Ben, our hero, was turned into a bear, and the author gaves us all the anxiety that comes with it. The story was also a great thriller, so you got chills and thrills!
Trina
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Good

Was a good read however I felt it lacked some major pieces of the story. Even though it wasn't really a "happy" ending it did leave lots of opening for other books. Hopefully this won't be a standalone.
Vivian
Jun 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not enough information in each scene, story to vague.
Natalie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awakening The Bear

This was phenomenal. I am sad though that she had to leave. I was glad the got rid of Drake, although they lost so many bears in the process.
Roxane Himes
Love This Book

Very Good Book! Want to Read more! Can't get enlighTened up the Good Work. I can't wait to read more.
Kellie
May 14, 2015
Tasha Harris
May 13, 2015
Lisa Cox
Jan 06, 2017
Catherine Vale
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Barbara  Brice
Jan 09, 2018
Stacywhitlock
May 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling author Catherine Vale writes urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

A Taste of Honey (2 books)
  • A Taste Of Honey (A Taste of Honey, #1)