Start by marking “Rescue (Benjamin's Field #1)” as Want to Read:
Rescue (Benjamin's Field #1)

Rescue

(Benjamin's Field Trilogy #1)

Forward by retired NASA astronaut Jay Apt, PhD, veteran of four space shuttle missions.

Benjamin's Field: Rescue' has been awarded a five-star review by the literary site 'Reader's Favorite' (readersfavorite.com).

Benjamin's Field follows a rural farm family over the course of sixty years from the viewpoint of the youngest member, Jeremy Kyner. Beginning with Am
Published April 8th 2015 (first published April 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue

Betsy Cohen
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Benjamin's Fields is a well written book that too me by surprise. Initially, I though it was going to focus more on the history of aviation and war in the early 1900's and though it did weave the historical facts into the story it delivered so much more. Relatable, imperfect characters including Benjamin, his family and friends were presented in the manner we get to know people- - - one complex layer at a time. We follow their twists of fate and losses observing real people struggling to do thei ...more
University of Chicago Magazine
James Knights, AM'79
Author

From the author: "The Benjamin's Field Trilogy follows a farm family over the course of sixty years from the viewpoint of the youngest member, Jeremy Kyner, who was born to an unwed mother and has a physical disability. Beginning with America's entry into World War I, Jeremy and his family are followed through war, peace, triumph, tragedy, heartbreak, and final happiness as the reader examines the role of family loyalty versus individual need, personal
Fr Bob
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a hard book to put down - well written and good character development. The favorite areas for me were faith and flight, but as a priest and pilot, I am biased!

As another reviewer stated: these are "imperfect persons." We however, get to see their growth and maturity in a very plain way so as to be able to insert ourselves and join in their growth.

In my library, it's a Goodread!
Penelope Boehm
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read this book on Audible since I currently have some vision issues. And it was amazing. The story got off to a slightly slow start but then gathered momentum all the way through. And hearing it with a wonderful narration by Maria Makis made it even more enjoyable. I wish the next two were available that way, but am glad the story continues in two more volumes. Definitely recommend you check this out. The characters are well developed and interestingly presented.
J.J. Knights
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Reviewed By Janelle Fila for Readers’ Favorite

Benjamin's Field: Rescue (Benjamin's Field Trilogy) (Volume 1) by J.J. Knights is a historical fiction that covers aviation history and America's fight during the World Wars. In 1918, during World War One, rural Pennsylvanian farmer Benjamin Kyner learns that his son's fiancée Eleanor has given birth to a disabled child. Disowned by her parents, Eleanor is alone and afraid. Benjamin suffers from those same emotions, but struggles with the
Mv
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The audible summary says it all. There is not need for me to repeat the synopsis. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to listening to more of this series. I have never read/ listened to any other books by this author, but would happily do so.

I think all aspects of this story were adeptly portrayed- from the descriptions of the war and air battles, to the difficulties and reasons Benjamin had with accepting his grandson, to the opinions of the priest and Benjamin on the Christian chu
Asher
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Benjamin's Field Book One: Rescue shows us Benjamin as he struggles with tragedy, faith, and family, and how he manages to go through these struggles. You really get a sense of what is going on inside his head.

Benjamin is not some sort of superhero. He's an ordinary person with out of the ordinary issues, but he manages to make his way through them with help from unexpected sources. Quite often, I found myself saying, "Yes, I would have done the same thing, for better or for worse."
Julie Koors
Apr 10, 2016
Robert L Hornaday
May 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
J. J. Knights is a retired FBI Special Agent, surveillance pilot and recruiter. A native of New England, he resides in southwestern Pennsylvania with his wife and honey bees. He has authored several published articles on law enforcement recruiting. Benjamin's Field is his first novel.

Visit his website at www.jamesknightsbooks.com

Benjamin's Field Trilogy (3 books)
  • Ascent (Benjamin's Field #2)
  • Emancipation (Benjamin's Field #3)