Start by marking “In The Beginning There Was Us” as Want to Read:
In The Beginning There Was Us

In The Beginning There Was Us

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
What would you do if you were God? If you had the power to not only give life, but take it away in the blink of an eye? These are the questions that haunt fifteen-year-old Abbey Baxter after she resurrects a boy, long lost to the ages.

The achingly beautiful and eternally melancholy Cole not only serves as a welcome distraction from her long-time crush, Elwin, but also eas
ebook
Published April 28th 2015 (first published April 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about In The Beginning There Was Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Beginning There Was Us

Kristy (Book Nerd Reviews)
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review appears at Book Nerd Reviews.

I am going to start by saying this: I dislike science in general. I like that it exists, but I often switch off when people start talking about it (which happens often where I work). My understanding of science is from The Big Bang Theory, the stuff that I cannot ignore at work, and the understanding that I really hated my high school science teacher. So, for these reasons, I generally don’t love science fiction novels or stories that include science…. bu
Ren nerdychampagne
I received an eBook copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT
What's with that ending?!

FULL REVIEW POSTED ON MY BLOG : NERDYCHAMPAGNE!! Bonus! There's a fabulous going on right now so make sure you visit!

Overall,
this book is written greatly. I have pointed out how life slips off of the sentences and characters some times already and I’m tired of repeating myself. I generally think this novel is sad. I feel like the ending was a bit rushed but at the same it was on p
Ashley Ferguson
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full review coming soon, but oh my goodness you need this book!

UPDATE:
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club!

*I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

When the World Was Flat (and we were in love) was an incredible book, and when I finished it, I figured that would be it. Everything wrapped up nicely and it was very self-contained, and I was ok with that. But then! I learned that Ingrid was writing a whole collection of books set in the same world, a
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews.

I think that while this book had a great premise, I couldn’t really get into it because I disliked the main characters.

I didn’t like Abbey, who was completely insufferable. I didn’t like Cole, who was a manipulative psychopath, I didn’t like Abbey’s parents, or her best friend, I think the only person I truly liked was Ethan, and it’s because we barely see any story from him.

The problem with this book for me was definitely the romance. The romance between Abbe
Krystianna
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A few years ago, I read and fell in love with book When the World Was Flat (and We Were in Love) by Ingrid Jonach. From that moment on, I knew that I'd enjoy anything else that Ingrid wrote, and boy was I right!

The one thing that I love about Ingrid's books is that she has a perfect mixture of science fiction and romance. I'm a huge sci-fi fan who loves romance, though not necessarily romance novels, so her books are just perfect for me in every way.

Abbey was a really interesting character beca
Anncleire
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Ringrazio Dianne di “Oops i read a book again” e Ingrid Jonach per avermi regalato la possibilità di leggere questo libro in cambio della mia onesta opinione.

Recensione anche sul mio blog:

Vi avevo già parlato di “In the beginning there was us” di Ingrid Jonach nella mia tappa del Blog Tour, in cui potete leggere anche un estratto. Per una volta mi sono lasciata affascinare dalla trama, da quell’acceleratore di particelle che è sempre stata una delle mie f
Jennie Cowley
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It's sweet and gut-wrenchingly sad. I really felt for Abbey and her mother particularly. Nice one, Ingrid. Cant wait to read the next instalment.
Jennilyn
May 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: source-blog-tour
***Also posted on RurouniJenniReads***

I started reading this book with a feeling of immense excitement BECAUSE...

I think this is my very first sci-fi YA read! Meanwhile, it's the second book of Ingrid Jonach for her Other World Collection. This collection consists of young adult novels with re-imagined histories and possible scientific explanations for the inexplicable in a contemporary setting. See Ingrid's guest post in the blog HERE where she explained why she loves writing this genre.

Abbey
Carrie Ardoin
I'll be honest, this book was not for me. I started in several months ago and read about a hundred pages of it...then it got pushed aside in favor of other books I was also reading.

The idea is a novel one for YA, and I appreciate that. But things moved too quickly without any explanation...events almost happened randomly, it seemed to me.

Unfortunately the story dragged for me and I couldn't pull myself out of the quicksand to get it finished.
Jhed Parico
Jack Heath
Oct 04, 2015
Melanie Stern
Mar 26, 2016
Jennifer Madero (Boricuan Bookworms)
Review to come; rating might change.
Racquel Castro
Carolyn
Aug 02, 2015
Dane Baniaga
Oct 10, 2015
Ingrid Jonach writes books for kids and teens. Her debut young adult novel When the World was Flat (and we were in love) was released in September 2013 by global imprint Strange Chemistry and was later re-released as an ebook along with her latest YA novel In The Beginning There Was Us.

She is also the author of the picture book A Lot of Things and the chapter books The Frank Frankie and Frankie go