Start by marking “Indiscretion (Andalucian Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Indiscretion (Andalucian Nights, #1)

Indiscretion

(Andalucían Nights #1)

A young woman's journey of discovery takes her to a world of forbidden passion, savage beauty, and revenge.

Instead of providing the sense of belonging she yearns for, the de Fal
Published April 9th 2015 by London Wall Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Indiscretion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indiscretion

Archit Ojha
Boils Passionately.

Alexandra de Falla is on a journey to the famous land of wine, paella, flamenco, la Tomatina and bull fights, Spain in hope to be reunited with the long-awaiting family. Living a beautiful and satisfying life in London, it never hit Alexandra that one day, the tsunami of suffocation will gulf her somewhere deep down and that's why she makes a decision of a life-time.

An adventurous Alexandra travels alone to the hot spot of peril. A mesh of lies, treachery and deceit is awai
Pooja
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owns, arc
Enchanting!

Hannah Fielding's Indiscretion is a story about a young woman, Alexandra de Fella who is being invited to visit her father and his family in Spain. The busy and tormenting life of London, has already forced her to take a decision of accepting her father's invitation.

Upon coming to land of mysteries and passion, she is going to be introduced to treachery and falsehood. What has Hannah Fielding written for her female protagonist this time! Her story is worth listening.

Revenge, passion
Dianne
Feel the Passion of Romance ~ the Sultry Heat of Andalucian Nights ~ From Hannah Fielding
Enter Her Giveaway - Click on Banner - Ends August 18, 2016 - Intl

It was supposed to be a reunion, a meeting with family she never really knew. A time to reacquaint herself with her father, but when prim and proper Alexandra de Falla arrives in Spain, she finds more than the beauty of the wild and untamed land. She finds the inner passion she never knew she had and the love of a man she can never keep.
Used
snowplum
The level of description in this book is unique. I found myself setting aside the book several times early on in my attempts to read it because I had other things on my mind and realized I was doing it an injustice by skimming so much – because at least in the early parts of Alexandra’s journey to and arrival in Spain, skimming the potentially optional descriptive passages meant skimming massive sections of the book. So I realized I either had to wait for a time when I was in the mood to slow do ...more
Snooty1
To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring ourselves
-Federico Garcia Lorca

This review is a tough one, because I really liked the book...it was just soooooo long. I mean it's >450 pages! It could have been about a hundred pages shorter.
The book is extraordinarily descriptive, I felt that I could have smelled the dinners, enjoyed the expanse and scenery as though I was there, and drawn the characters from memory, but sometimes it was too much.

The stor
Deanne Patterson
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
After turning down an engagement Alexandra, bored with the privileged life she leads feels the calling to connect with her father's Spanish side of the family. She travels alone from England to meet her family for the first time in Andalucia in Spain in the 1950s. Traveling alone is dangerous and unheard of but Alexandra has an adventurous side and will not be denied. Upon arriving she is caught up in the wild landscape and danger of the area. The Spanish people are as untamed as the lush,vast w ...more
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Having been a fan of Hannah Fielding’s previous novels, I was especially excited to read her latest release, Indiscretion. I was immediately taken in by the cover of the book but as soon as I read the description on the back, I was keen to get started!

Spring, 1950. Alexandra de Falla, a half-English, half-Spanish young writer abandons her privileged but suffocating life in London and travels to Spain to be reunited with her long-estranged family. Instead of providing the sense of belonging she y
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
This was the first book I read by Hannah Fielding and I really loved it.

We are taken back in the year 1950 London, where a young writer Alexandra de Falla decides to abandon her privileged yet suffocating life in London and move to Spain, near her family. Alexandra longs to be re united with her family but reality is different than she imagines. Her family isn’t the dotting one she expected to find but neither is the thought that she would finally find a place to be herself. She may not have fou
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
I don't know if this is for me but I am a magpie and must try because COVER.
Kerstin
At the beginning, I adored "Indiscretion". The author set the story up very well, described the setting in detail and gave us a lot of information about the culture and history of Spain which I really, really liked. She wrote about everything really well (especially the scenery) and created an atmosphere that was both exotic and strangely familiar... and it captured me. Everything was described in great detail and was very interesting. Since the story is set in the Spain of the time of Fraco, th ...more
Nadwa
[I received a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you so much, Ms Fielding, for giving me this opportunity]

Can I be considered a Spaniard now that I've finished the Andalucian Nights series? I need to thank Ms Fielding for introducing me to:

Proper historical fiction; I never imagined that I'd ever be capable of reading Historical novels. I'm so grateful for this series. I loved each and every book to pieces. The characters are so precious and each one of
Georgia
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewcopy
Find more in Chill and read

Alexandra de Falla is a half-English half-Spanish young woman who was raised by her Aunt Geraldine in England, when her parents were separated and her mother was lost. She was become a beautiful woman and an author of romantic novels. After all those year growing up in England, she decides to travel to Spain and reunite with her long-estranged family.

Her arrival at El Pavon is not exactly the warm welcome of a loving family she expected. The de Fallas are riven with se
Shruti Ramanujam
Rating: 3.5

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review on my book blog, This is Lit.

Review:
Alexandra de Falla is a half-Spanish/ half-English woman who has lived in England her whole life. A visit from her Spanish father makes her return to her family’s estate in Spain to learn more about her motherland, and herself in the process.

What I liked about the novel: The angst. I like angst. It adds layers to stories and it’s the same here. The writing is also e
Katrina
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With Hannah Fielding’s latest novel, she has pulled it off again. I was waiting for her next book and wasn’t disappointed. This time, she takes us to Spain in 1950, and I could almost feel the heat of the Spanish sun on my face and hear the sound of flamenco guitars as I was reading.

The writing here is just as atmospheric as her previous book, The Echoes of Love, and I loved Indiscretion even more because of the magic she weaves in bringing this vision of Spain alive: the wild and colourful gyp
Katiria
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-books
I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review. Thank you too Hannah Fielding

Viva Espana! A Country full with love, passion, seduction and death and what an amazingly gorgeous country it is. Wow just wow I can not tell you how much I love love love this amazing book to you. Like I really can't describe to you my true feelings for this book but that of I really really really loved and enjoyed Indiscretion. That I am so glad and happy that Mrs Hannah Fielding gave me the oppo
Tara Chevrestt
It's 1950, and a British woman and novelist is going to meet her family in Spain for the first time. She's twenty-five and though she writes about love, she's yet to experience it herself. Her Spanish family is...strange...to the say the least. They are wealthy; they tolerate a wild group of Gypsies on their land; and all the women are terrible bitches, it seems, except Esmeralda, who is just a coward.

And Alexandra is just thrown into the middle of all their drama--the drama pretty much surround
Ruth B
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, romance
Rating: 4.5 stars

‘Indiscretions’ is the story of Alexandra a young woman who decided to embrace her half Spanish heritage and goes visit her father’s family in Spain. Set in the fifties, this is a story about a colorful, passionate and traditional culture and a woman who in the middle of it all, has to discover herself and love.

This romance is about more than love, it’s about the choices we make to be the person we want. The characters have to discover what they really want and how far they are
Alexandra Borthwick
Un-put-downable romance just like they used to make

Indiscretion is the third Hannah Fielding book which I have read and I must say it does not disappoint. It has all the hallmarks of the author’s style: vivid, transporting descriptions, magical locations, danger and intrigue and of course unbridled and unashamed romance. I can honestly say that I picked it up and wasn’t able to put it down until I had finished the last page - and then I was tempted to start it all over again!

The story is writt
Louise
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ISBN: 978-0-9926-7188-4
INDISCRETION is an intense read. From the Spanish landscape to the homes, to the people to the relationships, to the entertainment of the bull fighting ring.
The passion between Salvador and Alexandra runs deep. Although she couldn't understand his intermittent aloofness towards her, she loved him unconditionally. Salvador would go from talking to her, being passionate toward her to totally ignoring her and not even acknowledging her presence at times.
Alexandra leaves her
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)
A beautiful woven story of romance and adventure. There was a great deal to fall in love with about this story. The story itself was breath taking and I felt like I can been transported to Spain, in the 50's by the use of the author's outstanding writing style. Fielding certainly has a talent for storytelling and it is a rare jewel that I was more than happy to discover within the pages of this book. Just on the writing style alone I would suggest reading this book however there is much more to ...more
Raye of the Dead
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Indiscretion is well written and has interesting but sometimes frustrating characters. At times I would get a little annoyed with Alexandra and Salvador, but that didn’t stop me from enjoying the book.
Debra
For my written review, please check out the link below:
Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Amy • A Magical World of Words
A Magical World Of Words

(Thank you to the author for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review).

2.5 stars.

I read Fielding's novel The Echoes of Love about a month ago, and unfortunately I didn't enjoy it. As a result, I was hesitant to start Indiscretion.
But I'm happy to say that it was a lot better than TEOL, even if I still didn't love it.

It was a relaxing read, and it was easy to get lost in the exotic world Fielding created. The atmosphere was fully immersed in the s
Amy Buckle / Amy's Bookshelf
This book intrigued me at first, as most romances do, and I wanted to see how the author’s take on a fiery Spanish romance would pan out. Indiscretion follows the journey of writer Alexander as she travels to Spain to meet the family she’s always dreamed of knowing. After her parents moved to England when she was a child and then her mother died, she had always wondered what her Spanish family were like.
The problem I had with the novel is that it never engaged me at all. I never cared what happe
Lilly Charysma
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are so many things to discuss when it comes to “Indiscretion”, starting with how amazing this book looks and finishing with the lovely story it contains. I have loved every page! Being a lover of all things Spanish, it was quite predictable I would enjoy it.

When it comes to the content, the blurb says it all. It is a combination of fighting for love and finding oneself in the process. Alexandra de Falla goes in search for her Andalucían roots and answers an invitation from her father to me
Anne-Marie
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful romance - an absolute must-read!

I decided to read Indiscretion on holiday and couldn't put it down once I had started. The passionate love story between Alexandra de Falla and Salvador de Rueda is set in 1950s Spain. The magical surroundings under the strong, sultry Spanish sun are magnificently captured by Hannah Fielding. Despite the many obstacles the protagonists must face, I found myself desperately willing them to be together.

In particular, I really liked both the central charac
Lisdanay
I received this book from the author as a Goodreads Giveaway, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Ms. Fielding, for giving me this opportunity.

I really liked the plot, the descriptions of Andalucía were amazing. I visited this part of Spain while reading the book and it was just magic.
I enjoyed the initial set up of the romance, but as the story evolved, it frustrated me. I struggled a little to understand why Alexandra loved Salvador, besides how devilishly handsome he is.
My favorite
Melanie
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexandra is a writer living in London who embarks on a trip to Spain. While there, she is entranced with the country, a pretty nu e'd change from the boredom of home. She meets Salvador and absolutely falls in love. Unfortunately, love doesn't always come easy. This is actually the second novel I have read by Hannah Fielding. I have loved both! She builds such an amazing story that you can't help but be taken in. The romance (and indiscretion) is timeless.
C.J. Butcher
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Indiscretion is the new novel from award-winning romance novelist, Hannah Fielding. Set in the wild landscape of Andalucia in Spain in the 1950s, it is a compelling story of love and identity, danger and desire, and the uncertainty of happiness when two worlds collide.

1950’s London. Alexandra, a young writer is bored of her suffocating but privileged life amongst the gilded balls and parties of Chelsea. Keen for an adventure, Alexandra travels to Spain to be reunited with her estranged Spanish f
John
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Day the Flowers Died
  • To Love a Lady (Titled Texans #1)
  • Charmed
  • Becoming Lisette
  • Must Love Ghosts (Banshee Creek, #1)
  • Painted Memories
  • A Winter Discovery
  • Cadaver Dog
  • The Wanderer's Tale (Annals of Lindormyn)
  • Deeper
  • روبن هود
  • Bitten By Deceit (Hadley Werewolves #1)
  • The Book of Why
  • The Seacrest (Paines Creek Beach #1)
  • 2:20 (Timeless Trilogy, #1)
  • A Dream of Daring
  • The Bride of Devil's Acre
  • Divine Fury (Enzo Lee Mystery, #2)
Hannah Fielding is an incurable romantic. The seeds for her writing career were sown in early childhood, spent in Egypt, when she came to an agreement with her governess Zula: for each fairy story Zula told, Hannah would invent and relate one of her own. Years later – following a degree in French literature, several years of travelling in Europe, falling in love with an Englishman, the arrival of ...more

Andalucían Nights (3 books)
  • Masquerade (Andalucian Nights, #2)
  • Legacy (Andalucian Nights, #3)
“All I can say is that with the Salvadores of this world, life is wonderfully exciting and full of the unexpected.” 0 likes
“In case you haven’t noticed, Salvador, I’m a woman. A woman who loves you…’ She saw his expression suddenly freeze with a watchful intensity. ‘…Yes, loves you. Fighting against your stubbornness, your arrogance, and fragments of your twisted imagination” 0 likes