Start by marking “Peggy and Me” as Want to Read:
Peggy and Me

Peggy and Me

The hilarious and heartwarming memoir of Miranda and her life changing dog, the inimitable and most lovable Peggy. Hello dear book browser and welcome to Peggy and Me. The story of my life since getting a beautiful Shih-Tzu Bichon Frise cross puppy (I call the breed a Shitty Frise - fun) in the form of Peggy. Some of you may be thinking: "a book about a dog, how totally br ...more
Published October 30th 2018 by Hodder & Stoughton (first published October 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Peggy and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peggy and Me

Nat K

Peggy, Peg, Peggles, The Pegster, Pegaroo, Pegaloo, Mrs Peggychops, PeggaPoppaLicious, Miss Peggy, Peggo, Le Peg and My Little Russian Hat **

Such fun! A quirky and adorable read. Anyone who has ever had a close bond with a pet will totally understand Miranda Hart's dogmance with the delectable bischon-shitsu-frize ("shitty frize") who is known by all of the above names.

This book is like wearing your favourite comfy pj's with your novelty animal slippers, cup of something warm and sweet with a pa
Emer (A Little Haze)
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dog lovers everywhere
"Such fun!"

This was such a joyous read over a weekend in my life that I needed a little extra joy. In this book Miranda Hart regales us with some lovely tales about her life with Peggy her dog who is a gorgeous little Shih-Tzu Bichon Frise cross. Or as Miranda refers to the breed: a Shitty Frise!

Miranda is recognisable to most people in the UK and Ireland for her BBC sitcom 'Miranda' and perhaps more globally for her acting role in 'Call the Midwife'. She is an incredibly witty writer/comedian a
Joey Woolfardis
This is an autobiography-cum-love story about an actor trying to become an actor and a lovable pooch with anecdotes, stories and lessons abound. Bounding, like the dances owner and pup do when they're excited.

Oh, you're not a dog person so you don't understand that. Okay. Are you a Miranda person? No. Right well, not for you then. Not your, as we say here in dear old Blighty, your cup of tea then. And that's fine. If you like neither, you should not read this book. Because you'll probably hate t
Izabella (Pages Full of Stars)
I just found out about this and I'm so excited for another Miranda book! :D

Kathryn
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Multi- talented, writer and actor, Miranda Hart has now written a book about herself and her experience of becoming a dog owner. In her own inimitable style she documents the sometimes rocky but always love-filled road with Peggy.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the Miranda sitcom shows, and found while I was reading the book I had to go to You Tube to re-experience some of those very funny moments.

Miranda Hart must be very tenacious, she already had this book written in 2013 and then lost
The Cats’ Mother
I’m giving up at page 50. It’s not like I wasn’t warned when this was passed around at book club, I can’t remember anyone enthusing, but I figured I’d give it a go. So, having just finished a gruesome crime thriller and needing to get through the embarrassingly large BC pile, this seemed the perfect antidote.
And it might be, for someone who likes dogs (as may be apparent from my pseudonym I bat for the other team) or likes Miranda (I know who she is but having seen enough trailers have never bee
Jessica Frances
I was really excited going into reading Peggy and Me. I LOVED Miranda’s previous book, Is It Just Me?, and so I went into this having high expectations that I was obviously going to love it, too. But I felt let down.

Peggy and Me is a sweet story about how Miranda came to have Peggy, and their stories as they travel life together. So basically, a woman talking about her dog. I love dogs, but I found my interest waning as I read about constant walking stories and many poo explosions. I suppose I
Amanda
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I found the book easy to get into at the beginning. Some issues I was able to relate to with having a canine as a family member. Personally I felt the book waned just past half way through and I was debating whether to continue on with the story but a colleague from work who previously read it, spurred me on with her cryptic spoiler. Which when I got to that part I had a chuckle as I could visually play the image in my mind.
Maggie
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
*SIGH* I really, really, soooo much wanted to enjoy this book! I loved "Is It Just Me?" and I was hoping for more of the same.
I own a dog, who I love, so I am definitely not a dog hater. And admittedly I will speak for my dog occasionally (every day probably without even thinking about it), but I do NOT do the equivalent of two pages of what my dog is trying to say in a rather waffling and repetitive manner and still think other people will be listening by the end.
There were a few laugh-out-lo
Stephen
found this book funny in parts but overall wasn't to my taste though
Stephanie
Miranda Hart, star and writer of sitcom 'Miranda', is one of my favourite famous people in the world. If I could pick anyone to sit down and have a cup of tea with, it'd be her. So when I heard she was releasing a second book, and one about her dog, no less, my reaction was along the lines of "oh HELL YES!"

There was actually a release event in London, which I attended, where Miranda herself discussed the book and told a lot of the stories contained within. Her dog, Peggy, was there too. Such fu
Daniel Hilton
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely lovely book from Miranda here. Also brilliant "reading" it as an audiobook as you get Miranda herself reading it to you in her delightful way :D
Kirsti
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alright, so this book made me smile and I'm sure if I didn't have the flu I would have also laughed out loud too (currently breathing and coughing every few breaths is the best I can manage) and I didn't really expect to find this funny. I'm the last person you want to take with you to see your favorite comedian, the last person you want to show a skit to. I guess I just don't GET most humor? (oh and awkward humor just makes me cringe, I'm looking at you Melissa McCarthy) so I didn't think I wou ...more
Helen
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I bought this without really looking at it because I absolutely love Miranda. If I'd known that it was about her owning a dog I might not have bothered. It's not that I don't like dogs, I don't mind them in small amounts, but I'm probably not enough of a fan to want to read a whole book about one.

Miranda is funny enough to make the book work for me though. Her personality comes through very strong and there were some serious laugh out loud moments. If you like the tv series it's the same kind o
Bethany
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir-bio
I was on a train sitting next to a stranger when I started reading this, which was BAD because I kept having to stifle my laughter. Thankfully, when I finally finished it yesterday I was not on a train and also alone because I was fighting back tears. I think the book did drag in the middle a bit since it took me a while to finish, but all in all I love Miranda and her estimable furry companion, Peggy.
Dawn
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: autobiographies
Perfect for dog lovers. Much of what Miranda writes about we've also experienced with our own pooches.

The little illustrations throughout are charming.

I didn't much care for "Peggy's" writing, the same feeling I had for "teenage Miranda" in her previous book but I'm sure lots of people would love it.

Overall - really an insight into what a dog can bring to someone's life.
Helen
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think I'd have enjoyed this even more as an audiobook, hearing Miranda read it herself. Her very ordinary fears, failures and loves come through on every page. Very funny, poignant, and so easy to identify with.
Hamsterking
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THis is a 4.5. I bloody loved this book as it was such a joyous read at a time when the world is really grim at the moment. If you need cheering up then read this! It also has some great ideas to ponder as well.
Andrea
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She gets me, she gets me, she gets me.
If you have the 'dog gene', you'll appreciate this book.
Amanda
I loved this book. It brought together two topics that I enjoy, my love of animals and Miranda Hart's comedy.

Miranda does a wonderful job, sharing her stories about her sweet dog named Peggy. Some of the more serious moments deals with, how Miranda was able to handle the disappointments and loneliness that was going on in her life, before and after Peggy became a member of her family. Because of Peggy, she was able to find herself again and probably, because of this, Miranda was able to success
Victoria O'Neil
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although not my normal type of book, Miranda really highlights the key moments in a dog owners life. Very enjoyable read
Brandon Ulman
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with her previous work, Is It Just Me?, Peggy & Me is a charming and often hilarious memoir, this time focusing on her beloved canine companion, Peggy. Hart offers uplifting musings, hysterically embarrassing anecdotes and genuine affection. She is able to achieve a level of consistent positivity that is somehow endearing instead of wearing, as well as honest perspective on what it's like - and why it's important - to be, well, a bit weird. "Peggy" herself frequently shows up to offer her ...more
Hannah
Such fun!

I love Miranda, I really do. I still watch the sitcom every now and again because it just makes me so happy.

I listened to the audiobook of this and I do think that a lot of the charm would probably be lost in print- but you can hear how much she loves Peggy in the way she speaks and I'm sure the audio is the best possible way to experience this book.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, it made me want to cuddle my dog forever.. I've even given him his annoying squeaky toy he thinks he c
Mothwing
Oh, the second-hand embarrassment...! Sometimes this biographic romp is laugh-out-loud funny, sometimes very laboured detailing of an owner, her dog and their shenanigans.
I did not much care for the parts supposedly written by Peggy, some of the thoughts were not as deep as they thought they were, but overall, this is a really good bus book. Much as I love Miranda, I mildly regret having spent the 10€ on this.
Brooklyn Tayla
Well that was all the cute. I adore Miranda Hart, and I thought it was so quirky how she wrote in the perspective of her dog. It was so heartwarming to read about how she came to adopt Peggy, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for their interviews together. They are just too cute :)

However, let me make it clear that although I adore dogs, I'm a cat person ;)
Lilian
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational in these hard times (my hard times 🤦🏻♀), it’s nice to know I’m not the only one depending and learning from a bond with a four-legged ball of fur. ...more
Colette
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A delightful read! Miranda has become one of my favorite writers. No one makes me laugh as heartily as she does. This book was so much more than a funny relationship between her and her pup Peggy. It was about how this animal/human relationship changed her perception of her self. How she become more kind and accepting of herself. Further, how this pup helped shape her worldview. It was incredibly touching and relatable. I found myself laughing and then welling up with tears.
Chelsey Ellice
Really enjoyed this book. Was very cute and also very hilarious!
Rebecca
Wasn't sure what to expect as I've never had a pet, but I really enjoyed this book. It had me giggling on the train at 7 in the morning, and was lovely and hart (!) warming as well. Great messages of self-acceptance and living life well too. Such fun!
Dawn
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feel quite mean giving this book three stars.

It's a bit waffly and not the best written thing in the world, but Hart doesn't pretend it's anything other than a sweet (often genuinely touching) book about how falling in love with her dog Peggy helped her to find hope again. And, in fairness, she warns you pretty early on that it's not going to be a literary masterpiece.

I think that this is probably the perfect stock filler book. It's not going to tax anyone's brain too much and probably won't mak
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Look Who It Is!: My Story
  • All Balls And Glitter: My Life
  • The Heart of the Dales
  • Camp David
  • A Young Man's Passage
  • John Bishop: How Did All This Happen?
  • Small Man in a Book
  • At Home with Beatrix Potter: The Creator of Peter Rabbit
  • Still Standing: The Savage Years
  • My Life
  • It's a Don's Life
Miranda Katharine Hart Dyke (born 14 December 1972), known professionally as Miranda Hart, is an English actress, writer and stand-up comedienne. She writes and stars in the BBC sitcom Miranda. She also appeared in French and Saunders, the BBC television series Hyperdrive and her semi-autobiographical sitcom Miranda Hart's Joke Shop on BBC Radio 2. In 2012, she began appearing in the BBC drama Cal ...more
“Cat spots breast cancer missed by the finest doctor in the land. Llama successfully pilots crashing plane to a safe and happy landing (I might have made one of those up).” 0 likes
“No, MDRC, no need to read that sentence again, you read right –I was chatting to a seagull.” 0 likes