Start by marking “The Christmas Family (Buchanons, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Family (Buchanons, #2)

The Christmas Family

(Buchanons #2)

Contractor Brady Buchanon can't wait to surprise single mom Abby Webster with his company's Christmas home makeover prize. But once he does, the struggling waitress turns him down flat! Raised in foster care, Abby won't accept charity. Yet when her dilapidated porch almost injures her daughter, Abby finally agrees to Brady's offer. As the hardworking bachelor pushes to ...more
Published October 20th 2015 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Family

Start your review of The Christmas Family (Buchanons, #2)
Joyce Stewart Reviews
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Family
By Linda Goodnight.

Picked this book up for a little Christmas reading and was so happy I did. This is a sweet and quick read . What a beautiful story it turned out to be. Even though this is part of a series it can be read as a stand alone. Linda Goodnight has given us a well written ,heartwarming story full of amazing characters. I fell in total love with the sweet little girl. Her description of all the characters makes it easy to visualize them along with Vivid
Pam
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Christmas Family is by Linda Goodnight. It is a Harlequin inspirational romance. It is one of The Buchanon’s series. The characters are realistic and well developed. This novel deals with acceptance of spinal bifida children as well as acceptance regardless of family background or monetary situations. It indirectly deals with the cost of vandalism on businesses.
Abby Webster was the single mother of a child with spinal bifida. Luckily, Lila’s problem was towards her lower back so she had
Sue
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, rcftci
Story 3.5 Christmas, the spirit of giving and of receiving. Pride sometimes is all you have but it also can stop you from having something wonderful.

Sweet family dynamics, you know those home giveaway shows well it's a take on that. On a truly strong independent woman raising a handicap child. Heart warming Christmas tale.
LB
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful Christmas read. I enjoyed meeting all the characters and will definitely recommend this book.
Bridget
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
a sweet and quick holiday read
Ranie Elias
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly one of the best books I ever read....compassion, inspirational and pure kindness..an amazing Christen love story of true happiness!
Jess F. (From Me to You ... Book Reviews)
"3 out of 5 stars, Abby has always been the “girl from the wrong side of the tracks” but after growing up that way, she has come to accept it and make the best out of her circumstances. Especially since it’s only her and her four-year-old daughter Lila, who has special needs as she’s been diagnosed with spina bifida, Abby does what she can and it appears as if she’s succeeding. However, everyone needs a little help now and then, but though Abby needs the help, she isn’t one to ask for it or ...more
Books and Spoons
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming and delightful story about the meaning of Christmas, and the importance of a family and support around us.
There's so much to like in this story, first the Buchanon family, the support they give to each other, their generosity and kindness is admirable.
Lila, Abby's daughter, is the little angel, and a sunlight to anyone around her. Her sweet spirit, and happy smiles, how she endures all that she has to because of her disability. I love her. It's not possible not to.
Abby might come
Rhonda
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it

4 STARS

I can see both points a view of the main characters. It is so meaningful and fun to help others especially at Christmas. It is also hard to accept help but easier to do for your children.

Contractor Brady Buchanon is always excited to be able to help one family at Christmas with remolding a home for them.

Abby Webster is proud and doesn't want pity. She is a struggling mother with a disabled child. She does the best she can as a waitress with lots of medical bills. She was raised in foster
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Abby is a single mother doing what she can for her special needs child. Money is worn thing, her house is slowly falling apart but at least she's got things in a decent place. Brady Buchanon is known for his family construction business and runs a christmas makeover, This year Abby is selected for the makeover. Little did he expect was for her to reject his offer but he knows more then anything that she is a women who deserves this makeover most.

I loved how Abby was the type of women to work for
Bonnie
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Family "The Buchanons" Series. Dan Buchanon's family owns a construction company. They are kept very busy. Someone has been vandalizing the construction sites before the homes are finished. Brady Buchanon is in charge of keeping the construction up to date. Plus at Christmas he picks a family to remodel their home free of charge to the family he picks. People from the town volunteer material and their time for the family that is picked. This Christmas he picks Abby Webster and her ...more
Anita
A sweet happily ever after. I love Lila. She makes the whole novel. Abby (her mom) is lovely, self-sufficient and insecure because of her childhood, Brady is a man who loves giving. The three come together in a holiday tale.

Brady's family is a fabulous bunch with the exception of the Dad. I must confess I'm a little distressed by Brady and his Dad's relationship. I was somewhat appeased that it is improving, but it seems almost toxic.

While I like the premise of the story, I found it a little
Isha Coleman
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linda Goodnight's inspiring story has arrived just in time for the giving season. An act of kindness gives two people a chance to create memories, find love and a reason to believe in miracles. Abby has not has an easy time in her life. Pride, determination and hard work are the factors she has lived by for most of her life. A surprise gift comes at just the right time to help get her back on her feet and give her the family she also wished for but never thought she would get. I received an ARC ...more
Patty Champion
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, but all threw the book i kept thinking that i has visited these people before, The first book in the series was written a year ago. I like the Buchanons and hope that it is not another year before the next book comes out.
Abby is very independent and Brady just wants to help her. Lila is disabled and she steals the book. She is just adorable and you will love her by the 2nd chapter.
Harlequin Books
"The second in the Buchanons series is a beautiful story that will surely leave readers feeling the holiday spirit. Difficulty accepting help is relatable for many, as is trusting God with something that is beyond our own vision" (RT Book Reviews, 4 1/2 stars TOP PICK!).

Miniseries: The Buchanons
Rebecca 143
A wonderful Christmas story. The Christmas Family is a sweet, beautiful, and heartwarming read. Brady and Abby were perfect for each other. Lila, Abby's little girl, made the story perfect. She is such a brave little girl. This book definitely pulls at your heart strings. Even so, it is a great read that you do not want to miss!
Patti
Feb 08, 2016 added it
What a precious story - Abby was a mom who would do anything for her special needs daughter and Brady was a guy who wanted to be a part of their story. She was tough due to life's bruising, but Brady was able to show her that not everyone is going to leave.
Elle (Ligia)
I really liked this story. It was pretty fast read to me.
As you read on you can't help but to fall in love with the character, especially Lila, such an adorable kid.
Kellie Demarsh
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Janice Sisemore
Shelves: read-in-2015
A wonderful Christmas story.
Joy Strother
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a very moving story. It brought tears to my eyes. It's a heartwarming story.I love it1
Harlequin Books
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Aug 15, 2015 06:04PM

• A Husband for Christmas
  • A Texas Christmas Wish
  • Snow Angel Cove (Haven Point, #1)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Race Against Time
  • Yuletide Cowboys: The Cowboy's Yuletide Reunion / The Cowboy's Christmas Gift
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Her Cowboy's Twin Blessings (Montana Twins #1)
  • The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)
  • The Egg and I (Betty MacDonald Memoirs, #1)
  • A Husband for Christmas: Snow Kisses / Lionhearted
  • Spring at Blueberry Bay (Hope Island #1)
  • Her Alaskan Cowboy (Alaskan Grooms #7)
  • Summer at Buttercup Beach (Hope Island #2)
  • The Rancher's Secret Child
  • The Geography of Lost Things
  • His Secret Alaskan Heiress (Alaskan Grooms #5)
  • I See You (Criminal Profiler, #2)
NY Times and USA Bestseller, Linda Goodnight writes novels to touch the heart as well as to entertain. Her emotional stories of hope have won the RITA , the Carol, the Reviewer’s Choice, and numerous other industry awards. A small town girl, Linda remains close to her roots, making her home in rural Oklahoma. She and husband have a blended family of eight, including two teenagers recently adopted ...more

Buchanons (3 books)
  • Cowboy Under the Mistletoe  (Buchanons, #1)
  • Lone Star Dad (Buchanons, #3)
“Honey, God made us all with special needs. Some are simply more apparent than others.” 0 likes