Start by marking “A Straw Man (The Clay Lion, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Straw Man (The Clay Lion, #3)

A Straw Man

(The Clay Lion #3)

What if you could go back in time to save the person you love the most?

Nate’s funny. He’s a football player. He’s ridiculously handsome. In fact, it seems as if Melody’s dating the perfect guy, until an unexpected tragedy changes everything about him.

Based on her own family’s experiences, Melody knows traveling in time to help him could have disastrous results – the tinies
Published June 9th 2015 by Bermlord

To ask other readers questions about A Straw Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Straw Man

Start your review of A Straw Man (The Clay Lion, #3)
Phrynne
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the YA Clay Lion series and it is every bit as enjoyable as the first two. This time we follow Charlie's sister Melody as she takes her once in a lifetime trip back into the past and the awful repercussions of this experience. I love the way the author explores the possible ramifications of time travel and the tiny changes the traveller can make which alter things in enormous ways. The possibility of coming back and having to live a whole different time line would certa ...more
Christoph Fischer
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“A Straw Man” by Amalie Jahn is another moving young adult story about time travel, love and responsibility. After a whirlwind romance in college Nate Johansen and Melody Johnson hit a rough patch. A fatal tragedy changes their entire circle of friend. The handsome and funny football player Nate becomes an addict and Melody tries to help by travelling back in time.
As with the previous instalments in this series the time trip has unexpected consequences.
Jahn has a wonderfully warm writing style
Esti
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love the book. Love the series. Love the author.
Karen • The Book Return
Read this review and more on my blog.The Book Return Blog
*I received this book for free from the Author (via YA Books Central) in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.In the third and final installment in the 'The Clay Lion' trilogy, Charlie's little sister Melody takes her own trip to the past. Melody learns that small actions can have large and unexpected consequences in the present.

I adored the previous installments in the 'Cla
Patrick Hodges
Amalie Jahn is such a great storyteller that rather than try to come up with my own words in describing it, I will quote directly from her "About the Author" section:

Masterful character development and story lines woven with the common threads of human experience make Amalie's novels relatable to both young and old alike. Her ideas are born from the passions of her own heart which she uses to share her vision of the world with her readers.

True, that.

In the last two months, I've read her entire C
Michelle
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I loved the first two books in this series, but this one was my favorite BY FAR! I loved it so freakin' much. It felt so real. Just like the first two, people are struggling with real things and time travels seems to just be a means to an end - not the point of the story. It did take more of a front seat position in this third book, but not for the reasons you would think. It seems one of our main characters is finally ready to do something to prevent people from changing the timeline a ...more
Judith Lucci
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again, an amazing read by Amalie Jahn. This author has an uncanny gift of story telling and this young adult novel about time travel does so in a lovely, descriptive way. A Straw Man is the story of two young people, beset by struggle with tragedy and change and the life lessons they learn. A moving read! Excellent! Highly recommend.
Lynn Cooper
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better! A Straw Man is well-written, gripping and entertaining. I highly recommend it for YA and adult readers alike.
Beth Rodgers
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'A Straw Man' by Amalie Jahn is the third and final installment in her 'Clay Lion' series. Melody, the sister of the main character in 'Tin Men' (the second in the series), is now in college. She and longtime boyfriend Nate are having their fair share of struggles, due mostly in part to the role Nate feels he played in a friend's untimely death. Despite it not really being his fault, he feels responsible, and Melody is having a hard time dealing with the strain that this has put on their relatio ...more
Raquel Evans
I just didn't connect with this story as much as with the first two in the series. I'm not sure if that was because the writing was actually less evocative, or if for some reason the characters and issues in this story just personally resonated less for me.
Hil
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice ending to the series. I didn't think I'd be as interested in Melody's story because Nate was such a minor character of the last book, but he was very likeable.
Alan Hardy
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The novel begins with Melody Johnson present with her family as they await the birth of her brother's child, Victoria. The novel's perspective then shifts back to view the story of Nate, Melody's stunning boyfriend, and the tragedy that befell a friend of his, and the guilt he feels over that accident and which is destroying his own life. Melody plans to travel back in time to remedy matters, but such journeys, as she already knows, can have unforeseen consequences... There are wonderfully inter ...more
Emily Stanton Wolfpack
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Amalie Jahn has created an exciting, fantastical yet relatable world, touched with the possibility of time travel. Jahn's writing is vivid and strong in this final novel of The Clay Lion series, and presents new characters that tug at the heartstrings--Melody and Nate's story is masterfully woven and imparts important lessons about the value of human relationships and the responsibility that comes with the power to change your fate. I thoroughly enjoyed A Straw Man and highly recomme ...more
Estela
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm pretty sure this was my favorite book of the three books in the series. I really like Melody and I always have. the author does an excellent job at writing from her perspective. I love that all the men in each of these stories are good guys, with flaws. Even the women she writes have flaws but their flaws we can learn to love and don't want to change . Melody grows throughout this book understanding more about herself and others. I did really enjoy this and highly recommend this book, and th ...more
S.D. Curran
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful story from Amalie Jahn. This time the story focuses on Melody, the sister of Charlie, the protagonist in the second book. After a freak accident, Melody decides to do her own time traveling, with devastating consequences. A great read that follows the timeline of the first two novels!
Julie
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful story of human experience and the ways we handle grief. I love how the use of time travel in this series (The Clay Lion) shows us how our interactions with others ripple out to effect so many. We Have no way of knowing just how wide our sphere of influence is. I have loved following along with characters in this series.
Susan Tarr
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful series and call me 'young at heart' but I can never pass up a truly great young adult story. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Kate Larkinson
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Brilliant! Skilfully navigates through the onset of depression and drug addiction to a satisfying conclusion both for this book and the trilogy. I recommend this series wholeheartedly!
Jennifer Loiske
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Amalie Jahn, so I was extremely happy to see this new book being available. It's quality read, as always, and I loved it!
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Aug 06, 2015
Chans
Jun 29, 2015
Bonnie Dale Keck
Kindle Unlimited, interesting concept of course, but just not pulled off right; too many side trips, events, people, making the stories confusing. Even more confusing to read all 3 one after the other, actually made it worse, because of the extra unneeded length times 3 books. Some minor proofing issues but no big deal on that.

The Clay Lion (The Clay Lion Series Book 1)
Tin Men (The Clay Lion Series Book 2)
A Straw Man (The Clay Lion Series Book 3)
The Clay Lion Series (3 Book Series)

amazon it w
Sarah Butfield
Jun 29, 2015
Sophie
May 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1)
  • More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #2)
  • Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)
  • Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)
  • Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake #4)
  • Kindness Wins
  • Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes
  • Trim Healthy Mama's Trim Healthy Table: More Than 300 All-New Healthy and Delicious Recipes from Our Homes to Yours: A Cookbook
  • Panic (Panic, #1)
  • The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book for Digital Photographers
  • Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • Trim Healthy Mama Plan: Keep It Simple, Keep It Sane
  • How She Died, How I Lived
  • Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera
  • More Tales to Chill Your Bones (Scary Stories #3)
  • Island of the Blue Dolphins
  • False Victim: Based on a True Story
  • The Beach House
USA Today Bestselling author Amalie Jahn is the recipient of the Literary Classics Seal of Approval and the Readers' Favorite Gold Medal for her debut novel, The Clay Lion. She is a contributing blogger with the Huffington Post and Southern Writers Magazine, as well as a finalist in the 2015 Kindle Book Awards. A TED speaker, human rights advocate, and active promoter of kindness, she lives in the ...more

The Clay Lion (4 books)
  • The Clay Lion (The Clay Lion, #1)
  • Tin Men (The Clay Lion, # 2)
  • Under the Rainbow (The Clay Lion, #4)

News & Interviews