Start by marking “The Beginning of Never” as Want to Read:
The Beginning of Never

The Beginning of Never

(The Never Trilogy #1)

Twilight meets Eleanor and Park in this contemporary romance story about a love that insists on forever.

When Lenora Baker and Nathan Roqué run into each other in their boarding school courtyard, they have no idea that they are about to begin a journey that will take them the rest of their lives to recover from. Both scarred from parents who were once in love but ended up d
Published April 20th 2015 by Waves Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Beginning of Never, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beginning of Never

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author O.E. Boroni, and her publicist Paula Micahella.)

"As I suspected, it was a trap door. And it was also time for me to leave, but I wasn't going to. My curiosity wasn't going to let me."

There wasn’t anything awful about this book, but I did have a couple of issues with it.

Lenora was a character that made me shake my head. She just didn’t seem to really consider the situation she found herself in,
Aditi
“You saved me life, she tried to tell him. Not forever, not for good. Probably just temporarily. But you saved my life, and now I'm yours. The me that's me right now is yours. Always.”

----Rainbow Rowell

O.E. Boroni, a new writer on the YA block, pens her debut book, The Beginning of Never that happens to be the first book in The Never Trilogy , which spins a tale like Rowell's famous contemporary YA romance, Eleanor and Park, that centers around two teenagers trying make peace with their broke
Elena
Apr 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all I want to thank the author O.E. Boroni for sending me an E-Arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Second of all... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I went into this book thinking it will be a standalone, so naturally I died a few times when I read the ending. Thank God I just found out there will be a sequel!

Going into this book I was pretty sure I am going to like it, but I was still surprised to see myself being invested after only a couple of pages.
Both main characters w
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: To those who love Eleanor & Park
Shelves: arc, young-adult
First, I want to thank Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts! and O.E. Boroni for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Lenora Baker is still mourning on the loss of her mother. Her anger and depression consumes her to the point it becomes disturbing. Her father decided to send her to a boarding school as the only option to figure out herself and as well as an opportunity to heal after such tragedy and family drama. It's been three years since she first stepped in Lancaster Academy. Still,
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
I have to say, this book surprised me in the best way. Sometimes I hesitate accepting review copies of books only because I have never liked feeling pressured to read a book in a certain time frame (just to clarify, there was absolutely no pressure from this author in particular). However, with The Beginning of Never, I had no trouble with that. Once I started reading, it didn't take me long to be completely sucked into the story.
I think that any one who likes the Night School series by C. J. D
Kerri
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Firstly I want to say thank you to the lovely O.E. Boroni for sending me an E-ARC of this book.
I definitely wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did. It was such an honest story of first love and how it affects you. I will say the characters annoyed me at times and I wanted to jump into the book and push them together. I cannot wait for the sequel to this book because that ending left me wanting more of Lenora and Nathan and most of all to see how things turned out!

Full Re
Rose
Shelves: favourites
Where do I even start?

After starting almost 5 books last week and being unable to finish, I started this one today and finished it today. I have been looking for a book that would have a similar type of romance that Eleanor & Park has (one of my all-time favs), and although the stories are pretty different, it was even more heartwarming in my opinion. I'm not sure what I was expecting from this book, but it had lots of surprises and I deeply connected with both of the main characters.

Don't w
Diana Martin
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG,this book was pretty amazing. I loved how I could relate to the main character, and the story line was absolutely beautiful!! I can’t describe how much I’ve loved this book. :)
Poulami
More reviews at Daydreaming Books

I have to start by saying that I just don't like reading comparisons like this which is stated at the beginning of the blurb. I believe each book is unique in its own way and this book particularly charmed me with its uniqueness. I fell in love with this book and I cried myself to sleep at that cruel ending, believe me it completely crushed me. I'm actually having a hard time writing this review but I'm going to try.

The story revolves around Nora who's still havi
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
The Beginning of Never is dubbed as Twilight meets Eleanor and Park, and I can vouch for that. I don't usually see the connections of these in other books, but in The Beginning of Never, it was definitely accurate. I was thrown off by the Twilight reference at first, but I felt intrigued by the synopsis so I gave it a shot.

Man, the Nora and Nathan's relationship is the most complicated relationship I've ever read. I don't know if you want to know this, but it ended (view spoiler)
Melanie
This review can also be found here: http://booksaremychildren.blogspot.co...

The synopsis for The Beginning of Never is very misleading, Twilight meets Eleanor and Park, first of all I loved Eleanor and Park, but Twilight, I haven't read it nor do I care to. Already before reading this story I was extremely skeptical. I thought the Twilight craze was over but apparently not. The Beginning of Never felt nothing like Twilight or Eleanor and Park, which is a very misleading tagline, for people who a
Karry
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This book was amazing. From beginning to end it kept me trapped within it's pages. Alexandre (Nathan) and Lenora (Nora) are the perfect example of first love and how terrible, scary, wonderful, and profound it truly is! The emotions throughout this story are raw and intense. This was probably one of THE best coming of age love stories I've ever read. It was incredibly well written. The characters (main and secondary) e
Liv Herondale
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I want to thank O.E. Boroni for giving me an ARC! Second of all... This book was so good that I couldn't put it down! That ending was so sad and depressing and then I saw other books by her, and I say a book called "The Way to Never" and I need it. Now! It is about 13 years later and I need to know! This is so much ARGHHHH I JUST I CANT. The feels!!! Anyway I think this book was a SUCCESSFUL book and that the writing was beautiful and heart wrenching in a good way!
Kamryn Davis
Ilze
Shelves: read-on-ipad
Thank you to the lovely O.E. Boroni for sending me an ARC of this brilliant book.

Definitely one of my favorites this year. Amazing!!!
Beautiful story.
I loved the characters and their names Nathan, Lenora (Nora). Also there were some characters that I did’t like and wanted to punch them in the face, but I don’t want to name names, I think we all know who they are. I really enjoyed this book and the story. This is a MUST read, people!
I can’t wait for the sequel I need to know how the story will end
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.05

I really enjoyed the book. I thought the characters were cool. Nathan has the Edward Cullen vibe especially with the whole pushing her away, but staying close to her thing. Lenora has experienced so many tragedies in her life such as (view spoiler). I thought the ending was exactly like in New Moon.
Abbie
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from the author, In exchange for an honest review.)

The characters in this were okay, although I did find Lenora quite annoying at times. I didn't love the romance, but it was alright.

This started out a bit slow and it took me a while to get into it. It did get a bit better after a while, but there was still a few parts where I thought it dragged.

This ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, so I may read book two.

Overall, An okay read.
Kelly
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD it was so good.

I NEED MORE !
Courtney Whittamore- The Moral of our Stories
The last thing Lenora Baker was looking for was love. Wracked with anger, confusion and guilt toward her mother’s abrupt passing, it is all she can do just to keep herself together and out of trouble. But soon it becomes apparent that no matter how hard she tries to hide and how aloof she appears to be, both love and trouble are headed her way, and his name was Nathan Roqué.
The story follows these two characters as they try to navigate their own lives while testing the possibility of living lif
Tikaa
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Read Full Review Over At fANGIRLconfessions!

When you put a tagline like " Twilight Meets Eleanor & Park, " idc. idc. idc. you HAVE TO DELIVER!! I'm a huge fan of Twilight, (talk about Edward and I will kick your ass) and come on, Rainbow Rowell is one of the queen's of contemporary, so you can't just give me anything less of perfection. It wasn't so much the plot I had a problem with, but the characters. I just didn't care for them, and they kind of made it impossible to do so in the first p
✿kawehi.reviews
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

3.75 stars!!

description

*GASP!* How could it end like that?!

I’ve always had an infatuation with school-themed romances and this one piqued my interests.

The Beginning of Never is a tale of first love and the joys and woes that come with it.

It’s heartbreaking and heart wrenching, as how can you build up something when you have no faith that it will succeed in the first place?

It was a mirage of old and new, as both protagonists battle scars f
Jitendra
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
[I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author O.E. Boroni.]

This book is a story about a girl, Lenora, whose mother has died and she doesn't share a good relationship with her father. though the book doesn't talk much about her mother or father but gives ample hints about their troubled marriage. after the death of her mother, the father sends the girl to a boarding school. the main theme of the story begins at the school. where the girl meets a boy
C.R. Bell
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. It's filled with emotions of angst and confusion but it's a good story. There are definitely heart wrenching moments for Nathan and Nora. And deep down I felt everything that Nora felt. It's that type of heart-wrenching that I enjoy and want to experience over and over again while reading a good book. I felt trapped as I read The Beginning of Never. I had to keep reading to see what would happen to these mysterious characters. The writing was done ...more
Jenny
I started reading this only few hours ago,and i've finished it already. It was a quick read, and i really liked it.
I was confused between giving it 3 or 4 stars,but keeping the overall impact of the book in mind,i ended up giving it 3 stars.

I don't know what i expected from this book,but this was surely a surprise. The characters were not perfect and were still struggling with their emotions.
Nora was annoying at times,but then i understood the reason behind it. Nathan and Nora's relationship wa
Sarah Mitchell
The description of this book described it as Twilight meets Eleanor and Park so honestly I was expecting vampires or wolverines to jump out at every turn - thankfully that did not happen.
I really really enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the second one. It reminded me of A Separate Peace (one of my all time favorites) in that both stories involve boarding schools and growing up. I am a sucker for a love story with a powerful punch of reality peppered in and this one hit the nail on the head.
Ren nerdychampagne
I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review

THIS BOOK IS SSSSOOOOO.

Do you know that I had to stare blankly in the dark *last night* because of this book? I'm just. This book is just. JUST.

**speechless**
BeeH
May 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ahh WTF????? What the hell!!Is that it?Is there another book after this? More questions than answers grrrr!!!
Dhyn Hanarun
Thank you to the author, O.E. Boroni, for sent me an E-ARC of this book :D

“Each time I thought of him, something warm would heat up the pit of my stomach and excitement would flutter in my chest. I didn't yet know what to make of any of it but one thing was for sure; I didn't like it.”

Lenora ‘Nora’ Baker sent to a boarding school by his father due to her anger behavior toward her mother’s death. Three years later, Nora still cannot manage the feeling. It causes her to have bad grades in several
Kelly Gunderman
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews on my blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

3.5 Stars!

I was really excited to read this book. The fact that it was compared to Eleanor and Park made me really look forward to it. I’ve never read Twilight (yes, I know, I’m among like the five people in this world who haven’t read it, but I honestly never had an interest in it), so I can’t compare it to that, but I can honestly say that I didn’t exactly see the Eleanor and Park reference here. And that could be a good thing, be
Paula  Phillips
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I read the write-up of this book, I was eager to read it as it said Twilight meets Eleanor and Park. Two very different books but in saying that two of my favourite reads. I found this book more Eleanor and Park like rather than Twilight and it could have something to do with the fact it is set in the UK rather than America but also the fact that the main couple never "officially" get together hence the title of "The Beginning of Never". In this book, which is set at a boarding school we me ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Behind the Stars, Complete Series (Behind the Stars, #1-6)
  • Niko
  • Amaranthine: The Heart of Decompose
  • Accumulation
  • Sage (The Evolution, #2)
  • Eleanor's Gift
  • World of Ash (Ash and Ruin #1)
  • Flawless
  • Krengel & the Krampusz
  • Outshine
  • The Blast
  • Psycho Inside Me
  • Hand of Miriam (Bayla and the Golem, #1)
  • The Light of the World
  • Edge of Truth
  • Paper Souls
  • Not Enough
  • The Midnight Spell
I currently live in England. My days are spent in the Project Management field while my nights are spent with books. I'm either reading them or writing the ones that I want to read.

The Never Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Way To Never (The Never Trilogy #2)
  • The Truth of Never (The Never Trilogy #3)
“Sometimes it scared me how much I liked to be away from people.” 14 likes
“Having to be strong and act hard when I knew I was anything but was exhausting, and I wanted more than anything to let go, even if it was just for a little bit.” 3 likes