Start by marking “This is One Moment (Come Back to Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
This is One Moment (Come Back to Me, #2)

This is One Moment (Come Back to Me #2)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  1,431 Ratings  ·  223 Reviews
Didi Monroe’s waited her whole life for the type of romance you see in the movies, so when Hollywood heartthrob Zac Ridgemont sweeps her off her feet, Didi believes she might finally have met the one.

While Zac’s away filming for the summer, Didi begins her internship at a military hospital in California. There, she meets wounded Marine Noel Walker.

Frustrated on the outsi
Published September 10th 2015 by Pan Macmillan

NiCoLeTa E.
***5 huge "I SEE YOU" stars from me***

That book literally stole my heart!!!
Damn!!! It was perfect!!!

A heartbreaking, amazing story!!!
From the first moment, it held me captivating... Just from the prologue, guys!!!
And after.... i just couldn't put it down!!!

Thank you, Mila, for this lovely story. It will stay for me forever!!!

That was a story about loss, friendship, love and redemption...
That was a story about heartbroken people...
About people who had seen death and war and they survived...
Peop
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Stay With Me was an emotionally, beautiful story that will stay in my heart for a long time to come! While there are many reasons I fell hard for this book, it ultimately boiled down to two things. The characters and the sexual tension. The characters easily worked their way into my emotions. I couldn't help but feel everything they did. And the sexual tension and angst left me longing to read the pages as fast as possible while also slowing down so I could savor every sexy moment. So yes, I def ...more
Claire Robinson
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "I see you." Stars!

I will be honest, I didn’t think that Mila Gray would be able to top Come Back to Me but This Is One Moment, was just as good if not better in some ways.

Didi and Noel, were so different in so many ways that it bought a refreshing mix to their story, add in the slightly forbidden aspect, in that she is a medical student and he is recuperating in the Military hospital she’s doing a summer internship at, and the sexual tension between them was off the charts.

This was an easy
Marla Mei
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
DNF @ 73%

Okay so first things first, I didn't finish this book. That being said, I don't think this is a bad book. It's just that, LOVE TRIANGLES man! Sometimes they're bearable but most of the time they're just a pain in the ass AND my heart.

I thought we finally got rid of the other guy but then suddenly he pops up out of nowhere and I'm just not really in the mood right now to be front and center when all the shitstorm happens. I can already see bits and pieces of what's to come and I'm alrea
Stacee
I'm not usually one for the angsty-times, but I loved the first book and I was eager to read Didi's story.

Love love love Didi. She's smart and genuinely a nice person. Walker is gruff and hardened and exactly what you would expect from someone back from a war zone. Their friendship into a relationship is captivating and their chemistry is off the charts.

Yes there's a shitload of angst, but there's also some laughs and sweet parts too. The prologue really threw me off, but it definitely made th
I'm a huge fan of Mila Gray / Sarah Alderson so I couldn't wait to read the sequel to Come Back to Me and had very high expectations for This is One Moment. We already met the heroine Didi in the previous book, she is Jessa's best friend, and after everything she's been through I was looking forward to seeing her get a happily ever after.

Didi is a romantic at heart, her parents have a fantastic marriage and Didi has always dreamed of having the same but her love life has always been disastrous.
PBW
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
review to come
Mandy
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, forbidden

Didi is doing an internship at a hospital for wounded veterans. Walker is a patient, having survived an attack that left him injured and blind. When he got to the hospital, his fiance couldn't deal with his injuries so she broke up with him. He's angry and doesn't know how to deal with his emotions. The only person who he can open up to in the intern, Didi.

I loved so many things about this story. The writing was really good. It pulls you in from the beginning. I loved Walker. He's stru
Ariana
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this more compared to the previous book I read from Mila Gray (Come Back to Me), maybe because the romance had a better pacing and I could resonate with the characters a lot more.

The first half of the book was really entertaining, though the last part that didn't work for me. It's just that for a medical center that treats very special cases, everyone was quite oblivious to what happened to a particular someone - I saw it coming from miles away and I am not the philologist here. Then th
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

This was yet another fantastic story from Mila Gray. I was hooked on Didi and Walker's story from the very first page and I felt so sad when it ended. I highly recommend reading this one, even if you haven't read "Come Back to Me", it really doesn't matter as this book can be read as a standalone.

Didi was a psychology student about to start her interns
Julie
**ARC kindly provided by Pan Macmillan via Netgalley**

5~I See You Stars

Mila, Mila, Mila, Oh my. That was beautiful!
The prologue had me instantly not to mention I could not put this down!
I'm tickled to death! Multiple LOVEABLE characters.

Wounded warriors, the brave men and women who make the biggest sacrifices everyday. The ones who go into the unknown when any second could be their last. The ones who deal with the aftermath if tragedy occurs. Tormented soldiers who carry guilt and or shame.
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
I can't believe this was just announced and it's only a month away from release? I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!!!!!! *tries to contain her grabby hands* I love Mila's books what with the authentic voice and compelling characters, so hopefully this will be another winner right here!
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
**** 4.5 Beautiful Stars ****

"You're so Beautiful"
"You can't even see me"
"I don't need to"

description

This is One Moment is truly a beautiful story. Walker is an injured marine trying to recover from his injuries. He's in a dark place full of guilt and sorrow. His fiance even left him as soon as she heard that he couldn't see.

Didi is an intern working on her PHD. The more time she spends with Walker, the more she falls in love. But there are a lot of obstacles in their relationship. Walker doesn't want h
Storiesandcoffee
**4.5 stars**

”It’s not ‘I can’t live without you’ love. It’s ‘I don’t want to live without you’ love.” - Stay With Me

I am so glad I discovered this series when putting in a Book Outlet order. The second book in Mila Gray’s series, Stay With Me, was even better than the first.

Didi Monroe, who was introduced in Come Back to Me, is interning at a military hospital. She is studying to become a psychologist, and she must spend some time with wounded patients for the semester. She is off to a rocky st
Shelby
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
I really love this series for many of reasons. I loved this book as much as the first book. In this book there is a lot that is going on. In this book it is not about Jessa and Kit. It is about Didi and Marine Noel Walker love when they first meet while Zac is away awhile filming. I think that Didi and Marine is cute just as Jessa and Kit. I really cant read the third book. I am so excited. I would read this series over again. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Being a huge fan of Mila Gray/Sarah Alderson I find myself always looking forward to a new release from her and waiting for This is One Moment was no different, especially when I found out it was centered around Didi.

Didi, who we first meet in Come Back to Me has always been a romantic at heart. So when she meets Hollywood heartthrob Zac Ridgemont, Didi believes she's possibly found the one she's supposed to spend her life with. It's not until Didi beings her new internship at a military hospita
Wil Loves Books!
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I'm a huge fan of Mila Gray's Come Back to Me. It's one of my favorite military romances and a must read. When I saw the arc for Didi's story was available I had to read it immediately. And boy was I in for a wonderful ride, because this book is just amazing!!! I totally loved it. The book holds you tight from the moment you start reading the prologue. It's so powerful, you immediately want to know what will happen.

This book is about love, about war, about healing, about friendship and family. T
Sofia
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Arc kindly provided in Exchange of an honest review*

This is one moment is a story about so much more than the main couple. This is a reflection of war. So many people dying and suffering from stupid wars. Yes, I hate war with all in me.

We have Didi - she was on Come Back to me - this incredible girl, working with wounded soldiers.
She believes in romance, soul mates and HEA. I loved the way she treated all the soldiers, like friends and normal people.
But she has this deep connection with Walke
April
First and foremost, a HUGE Thank you to every person who is currently protecting our country, and to all those who sacrificed their life to keep us safe!!
It takes a VERY special someone to do what they do, and from the deepest part of my soul, I cannot Thank you enough.

This book.............I honestly cannot comprehend or begin to understand what a person suffering with PTSD goes through. This book scared my heart, but the connection that Didi has with Walker.........it was the balm to sooth tho
lolo'
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS ROMANCE IS SO FLIPPING GOOD AND JUST AHHHHHHH i really like this authors books!
Brittany
Find the original review here at This is the Story of My(Reading) Life

God, I loved This is One Moment. The ending was a teeny bit cheesy, but seeing as it's a romance, that's to be expected. Otherwise on point. I liked Didi in Come Back to Me. She was fun and really loyal. So getting her POV unsurprisingly made me absolutely adore her. Didi's relationship with her parents is open and solid that I have to believe that rubbed off on how calm and grounded of a women she is. Didi is taking after h
Kirke
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: soldier, review

I never quite know where to start with books like these. I can tell you that I liked it, that I nearly cried, and while it’s not a feel-good story, it did make me feel good in the end. Veterans are often a difficult subject, certainly when some of them are so young, in their early twenties. Returning home from war, they are never the same. Honorably discharged often and thanked for their services, but they’re lost at what to do next. They’ve lost limbs, sight, hearing, suffer from PTSD
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
It's been a while since I bought a paperback so the other day I went to the bookstore to find some to fill my bookshelf when I saw this book. I was hesitant to buy it because usually I would read Goodreads reviews first before I buy a book. So, I decided to get the ebook version first.

Overall, this book's an okay read for me. It's sad and heartbroken at some point, as it always is with books that revolves around military. I like both Hero and heroine, their relationship build up and everything.
Cindy Wilkerson
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: na-and-romance

This started out incredibly strong. The development and pacing of the relationship between Walker and Didi was perfect.
But then towards the end, things just got messy.
And not the good kind of messy.
So many things are thrown at you that it threw off the balance of the story.
This was an enjoyable, quick read but I connected much more with Come Back to Me.
nick
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
UGH. This book was going so well until shit hit the fun at like the last 25%. It could have been completely avoided. I was actually loving it until that point.
I have to think about my rating for this one.

Review to come.
Valquiria
4, 5

I'm in love with these two *___*
Liene
It wasn't perfect but it was exactly what I needed.
Emma
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mila Gray has done it again. Since reading CBTM last year, I was so excited to read another book under this pen name, it was one of my most anticipated reads. Sarah Alderson has an extraordinary way of writing and creating a NA novel, especially one focusing on the soldiers in all shapes and forms. This is my favourite out of the both for me.

Didi starts her summer internship at her father's rehabilitation clinic. She's there to care for the patients and practice towards he thesis until the summ
Catarina
Arc provided by NetGalley in exchange of a honest review

When Come Back To Me, the first book in this series of companion novels, came out I was really excited because I'm always on the look out for some good military romance books. But after I finished it I wasn't really impressed by it. When I saw this one up for request on NetGalley, I thought I'd give it a shot because I liked the writing style from the previous book and the synopsis sounded really good. In the end, I'm so glad I gave this on
Keeley
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is One Moment is a beautiful page turner that leaves readers with some serious feels! I really loved the way the author used the topic of war and wounded soldiers and really got into their mind set on how the war and how fighting can affect them both physically and emotionally.

Walker really appealed to me, I think every woman loves the tortured soul in a man, it calls out to us, and it certainly called out to Didi! Off course you have the actual man, Walker, gorgeous, built, although slight
  • Conspiracy Girl
  • Beautiful Liar
  • Second Position (District Ballet Company #1)
  • Days Like This
  • Paint My Body Red
  • Mustang Sassy
  • How Not to Disappear
  • Rikki (Hart University, #1)
  • No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
  • Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #2)
  • Has to Be Love
  • Rebound (Boomerang, #2)
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • Delayed Penalty (Pilots Hockey, #1)
  • Let Me In
  • Defending Taylor
  • From This Moment (Moment of Truth, #3)
  • '90s Playlist (Romance Rewind, #1)
Mila Gray is the pen name for Sarah Alderson, author of Hunting Lila, Losing Lila, The Sound, Fated and Out of Control.

Originally from London she has lived in Bali for the last four years with her husband and daughter.

As well as writing young adult fiction under the name Sarah Alderson and adult fiction under the name Mila Gray, she also writes screenplays.

You can find out more at www.milagray.com
More about Mila Gray

Come Back to Me (3 books)
  • Come Back to Me (Come Back to Me, #1)
  • Run Away With Me (Come Back To Me, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“Why do you say that you love me?" He turns his head in my direction, still frowning.
"Because I do," I stammer. "I love you, Noel Walker- everything about you, even when you scrowl at me like you're doing right now. I love you even though you're grumpy and try to shut me out all the time. I love you even though you try your hardest to push me away. I love all the parts of you - the broken parts that you try to hide most of all.”
1 likes
“If in our heart we still cling to anger or anxiety or possessions—anything at all—then we cannot be free.” 0 likes