Start by marking “Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)

Batter Up

(Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls #1)

Bakeshop owner Emma Stevens has a secret. A delicious premonition she shares every Monday evening with the bachelors of Buttermilk Falls as they gather at the Sugar Spoon bakery for Batter Up night.

Investigative reporter Jason Levine just found himself as the man candy for a bachelorette party in Las Vegas. Roped into attending the Vegas nuptials, was he hearing things wh
Published June 15th 2015 (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Batter Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batter Up

Carrie
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Batter Up by Robyn Neeley is the first book of the contemporary romance Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls series. This one is a light hearted romance with a touch of magic with Emma Stevens owning a bakery where she conjures up the name of the local males soul mates. Of course not everyone thinks Emma is on the up and up but when trying to prove her a fraud sparks fly instead. Another quick romance read at a fairly short length so of course it lacks a ton of depth but still a cute story overall.

For
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
This is super light, short and sweet. No explicit content.... just fade to black on the intimacy. Not a lot of depth of character or storyline. And the "magic" aspect is... hmm, odd. But, if you're into this type of book, then look no further.

Jacob Proffitt
Aug 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Well, I was looking for something light and easy. And I stuck with it way, way past where I should have abandoned it. I mean, the whole story made exactly zero sense from setup to characters to plot. And that's before you even get to the stupidity of the magic Batter Up night—the weekly event that shows a bachelor the name of his soulmate. Weekly. Every week. You know, 52 times a year. In a small town in upstate New York. In other words, a gimmick that'd last approximately half a summer before e ...more
Anuradha
This was actually not bad, despite its corny title. Emma wasn't an asinine idiot, and Jason wasn't an insensitive prick. The story line was as cheesy as the title itself, and I cringed each time I read the words "Buttermilk Falls", but it was kind of cute, but not in an ersatz, overdone manner. Not bad, Ms. Neeley. Not bad at all.
twelvejan [Alexandria]
4 quirky stars!

I love freebies that turned out to be awesome! It's no longer free though, fyi.

Predictable, yet quirky. I love the entire town of Buttermilk Falls from the sweet treats of Sugar Spoons, to the library, the dock, and the diner. To their fun fund-raising events, and the excitement of Batter Up Nights.

Let's not forget that the leading cousins in this 3-part series are witches (and a wizard(?), just not on par as Harry Potter) but unfortunately (or fortunately, really), the only spel
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This book is paranormal lite. The only thing witchy in it is her batter so I wouldn’t completely call this a paranormal romance. I got this book as a freebie from Amazon. And while it’s an ok book I wasn’t blown away. It suffered from the same fantastical predictability as most books in this genre. It was very fluffy, very easy read. On the other hand it did take some time to get into. I just couldn’t get into it, the explanations were annoying sometimes. Plus it’s told in 3rd person POV for all ...more
Ivy Deluca
description

This is a Hallmark movie romance in book form. It’s safe, it’s sweet, it’s not very deep and definitely predictable. The love scenes are fade to black, and there’s alot that’s told to the reader vs shown. If you’re into a small-town romance with no explicit sex, with that Hallmark movie quality, this could be right up your alley. For me, it was too fluffy for this fluffy bunny.

For more reviews, visit

description description description description

Lisa Filipe
BATTER UP by Robyn Neeley was Simply...Magic!

If you haven't yet read a Romance from Robyn Neeley, you are truly missing out, and If you want to start with one today, pick up the New Release, BATTER UP! The charm of the small town setting of Buttermilk Falls and the touch of magic that goes into helping the town's bachelors find their 'Hearts Desire"...well....it just made me wish I had that power...I love to see people find their soul mate!

Heroine, Emma, was a pip...I loved her! The bantering be
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ammp-challange

The story centers around Emma and her magical matchmaking batter, it isn't until reporter Jason comes on the scene trying to expose her that things heat up.

Emma comes across to me as a glutton for punishment, not only does she moon over her ex who she admits treated her like crap, but when her and Jason have so many misunderstandings and bad judgement calls i don't get how she could fall in love with him, fall me once shame on you fall me twice shame on me, Jason however from Emma's per
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Cute

I saw this book on Bookbub and the blurb sold it for me. This is anew-to-me author but I will definitely be picking up more of her books now. This was a cute, well-written story and it helped me out of my book slump. Good pacing and character development. I was drawn I go the world of Buttermilk Falls and I'll be returning ASAP!!
Hannah
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Batter Up is an absolutely adorable book. It’s like a mash-up between Never Been Kissed and Practical Magic. I loved the story and the characters the writing style. It made me laugh and made me cry. I want a keep this book forever! I want to shout it out to the roof tops how much I loved this book. Okay so here I go shouting it off the roof top…

Emma Stevens is from a long line of witches, but of course he hates using that word. She does, however, her best to on carrying on the family tradition o
Connie N.
#1 in the Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls romance series

First of all, the premise is cute, where a bit of magic helps determine a bachelor's true love. In many cases, it's a nudge for a shy man to ask a girl out, but everyone swears there have been perfect matches made, with no divorces or breakups. Emma has the gift of making these predictions, having the skill handed down from her grandmother and mother. At the Vegas wedding of one of these couples, Jason hears about it and heads to NY to get th
Dee
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Review Copy Provided by Author**

So when I first read the description for Batter Up, my mind flew to the movie with Sarah Michelle Geller (of Buffy fame) from a few years ago, where she is a Chef that infuses magic through her love of cooking in her dishes (yeah, I'm a sap, what can I say). And i was sucked into the story that Ms Neeley wrote from the get-go - in fact, I think I read the entire thing in a day and a half metro ride (so about an hour and a half or so) and nearly missed my metro s
Jonel
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This novel was sweet, funny, and wildly romantic. It was absolutely priceless from premise to conclusion. Neeley develops the town of Buttermilk Falls, its inhabitants, and the Sugar Spoon in such a manner that readers can easily picture themselves there. At the same time, she tells a remarkably heartfelt novel that had me in stitches throughout. Neeley’s seamless storytelling painted this all before me, making it the type of story that I could easily imagine myself into.

Neeley creates the type
Lisa Dyer
Jan 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A random ebook borrowed from the local library. Clearly I am not the target audience judging by the great ratings this book has received. Found this romance to be predictable and dull.
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
Cute romance novel that involves cupcakes, yea I'll read that. Buttermilk Falls what cute and corny name for a town. I love that the batter is bewitched to tell the bachelor who his future bride is.

There weren't any real conflict between Emma and Jason. I was ok with it because i really just wanted to know how the spell worked. I am little bummed that it was mentioned tha the spell for single women is Abby's gift.

Anyway cute romance. Total beach read. No cliffhanger but you can tell who the ne
Coco.V
Jan 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/10/2018)! 💝
Karen Barber
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Light-hearted feel-good story that was just the tonic I needed.
Emma Stevens has a secret. She uses her grandmother’s special spoon to create a special batter that seems to have a 100% prediction rate in organising couples.
Somehow the story is heard about and a big-shot reporter is determined to head to her little town and expose Emma for her fraudulent activity. Of course, it doesn’t go as either character planned.
We know just where the story is going and this predictability is part of the book’
♥ Joy Joy ♥
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.7 Stars.

Easy, light, fun romance read with touches of humor, emotional moments, and (of course) magic. I thoroughly enjoyed the overall book and appreciated the chemistry that was present between the main characters.

I thought the beginning was well done to the build up of what the story was going to present, though I felt parts of it later on were a little lacking. I also felt my liking for the characters waver in the middle of the book as I worried it'd become tedious.

But overall,it turned
Trudy Speelman Derryberry
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
cute cozy paranormal mystery
Vonnie
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can you create magic with baking a few cakes? When I started reading this book, I was immediately reminded of my beloved favorite, Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel, and the movie Simply Irresistible. I knew immediately that this book was the right book for me since it had all the magical elements with touches of romance that I absolutely adore.

I very much loved the concept of Batter Up. I was delighted to read how one could create magic just by baking cakes on Mondays. The fact that t
Zee Monodee

What a delightful story! I'd been having trouble this past year finding a 'normal', regular romance that will keep me interested and not go all 'meh' about 20-25 pages into the book...and Robyn Neeley delivered that treat to me in the form of this book!

The writing is fresh and absolutely delicious (pun intended - I'd also love some cupcakes from in there. Robyn, any chance we might get those recipes from you? *grin*) and the humour oftentimes sneaks up on you when you least expect it -
L
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
 This is a terrible book.
This is also a hilarious book.
 It takes place in a fantasy land where hoards of bros crowd together, sharing cupcakes and enthusiastically vying for their future wife.

All of the characters are the worst. Our main star is impulsive, petty, dramatic,  and self centered. The decisions she makes are incredibly dumb.  All of the characters have severe communication issues, and act as though they are in high school, despite being in their late 20s.

My sister and I read this
Mary
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Batter Up is a fun quirky story about a pair of cousins that run a bakery. A bakery that hosts 'Batter Up' night every Monday evening. The only guests allowed in the bakery are the local men, and only one is chosen as the 'special guest' for the evening. The pair of cousins whip up cupcake batter and recite a spell to themselves, and the batter spells out the name of the bachelor's soulmate. The tradition of accuracy has gone on for decades, being passed on to them by their parents and grandpare ...more
Erin Navarette
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
A romantic comedy with a few twists. Extremely cheesy and she uses the word "chuckles" way too often but it was still a cute story.
Carla
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Magic

Very clean, cute and sweet romance. Emma has a knack for cupcakes and Jason is a reporter looking for a story. I recommend this book if you are looking for a clean HEA.
Becky
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
a cute one click freebie
Samantha
This was such a cute book. A quick read with likable characters.
Jillian Caldwell
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
simply adorable. corny, but cute.
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Super corny but I kept reading anyway. Kudos to Robyn Neeley for keeping me interested in a genre I don't usually read. And it was free. :)

• The Hookup Hoax (The Hoax Series, #2)
  • Cupcakes and Cowboys (Sunset Plains)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Mad About the Man (The Graysons, #3)
  • Baby, It's You (Rainbow Valley, #2)
  • ラストゲーム 7 (Last Game, #7)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Sora Log, Vol. 03
  • Fire Me Up (Pine Mountain, #4)
  • Lone Star Lovers
  • Sweet on You (Wilde Sisters #1)
  • Some Girls Don't (Outback Heat, #2)
  • Black Smoke (Agent of Mercy, #1)
  • On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)
  • Jezebel's Blues
  • Say Yes
  • Fever (Club Inferno #3)
  • I Belong With You (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #2)
Robyn Neeley is an East Coaster who loves to explore new places; watches way more reality TV than she cares to admit; can’t live without Dunkin Donuts coffee and has never met a cookie she didn’t like. If you have a must read romance suggestion or a fabulous cookie recipe, she wants to know. Visit her at www.robynneeley.com.

Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls (5 books)
  • Tangled Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #2)
  • Kiss and Make Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #3)
  • Holiday Hook Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls #4)
  • One Sweet Match Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls Book 5)
“Was he really having an honest-to-goodness conversation about a town full of bachelors and bachelorettes and magical cake batter? What kind of drugs were they doing in Buttermilk Falls?” 0 likes