Start by marking “Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)

Batter Up

(Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls #1)

Bakeshop owner Emma Stevens has a secret. A delicious premonition she shares every Monday evening with the bachelors of Buttermilk Falls as they gather at the Sugar Spoon bakery for Batter Up night.

Investigative reporter Jason Levine just found himself as the man candy for a bachelorette party in Las Vegas. Roped into attending the Vegas nuptials, was he hearing things wh
Published June 15th 2015 (first published August 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Batter Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batter Up

Start your review of Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)
Carrie
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Batter Up by Robyn Neeley is the first book of the contemporary romance Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls series. This one is a light hearted romance with a touch of magic with Emma Stevens owning a bakery where she conjures up the name of the local males soul mates. Of course not everyone thinks Emma is on the up and up but when trying to prove her a fraud sparks fly instead. Another quick romance read at a fairly short length so of course it lacks a ton of depth but still a cute story overall.

For
Jacob Proffitt
Aug 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Well, I was looking for something light and easy. And I stuck with it way, way past where I should have abandoned it. I mean, the whole story made exactly zero sense from setup to characters to plot. And that's before you even get to the stupidity of the magic Batter Up night—the weekly event that shows a bachelor the name of his soulmate. Weekly. Every week. You know, 52 times a year. In a small town in upstate New York. In other words, a gimmick that'd last approximately half a summer before e ...more
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
This is super light, short and sweet. No explicit content.... just fade to black on the intimacy. Not a lot of depth of character or storyline. And the "magic" aspect is... hmm, odd. But, if you're into this type of book, then look no further.

Anu
This was actually not bad, despite its corny title. Emma wasn't an asinine idiot, and Jason wasn't an insensitive prick. The story line was as cheesy as the title itself, and I cringed each time I read the words "Buttermilk Falls", but it was kind of cute, but not in an ersatz, overdone manner. Not bad, Ms. Neeley. Not bad at all. ...more
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
Light and sweet, but predictable and without depth.
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This book is paranormal lite. The only thing witchy in it is her batter so I wouldn’t completely call this a paranormal romance. I got this book as a freebie from Amazon. And while it’s an ok book I wasn’t blown away. It suffered from the same fantastical predictability as most books in this genre. It was very fluffy, very easy read. On the other hand it did take some time to get into. I just couldn’t get into it, the explanations were annoying sometimes. Plus it’s told in 3rd person POV for all ...more
Ivy Deluca
description

This is a Hallmark movie romance in book form. It’s safe, it’s sweet, it’s not very deep and definitely predictable. The love scenes are fade to black, and there’s alot that’s told to the reader vs shown. If you’re into a small-town romance with no explicit sex, with that Hallmark movie quality, this could be right up your alley. For me, it was too fluffy for this fluffy bunny.

For more reviews, visit

description description description description

Chris
Sep 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Emma ♥ Jason! This book was so sweet!!! I really enjoyed it! It reminded me one of those romantic movies that you watch while drinking hot chocolate during Christmas. I'm going to read the next book in the series for sure!!!!

P.S. I love the cover!
Lisa Filipe
BATTER UP by Robyn Neeley was Simply...Magic!

If you haven't yet read a Romance from Robyn Neeley, you are truly missing out, and If you want to start with one today, pick up the New Release, BATTER UP! The charm of the small town setting of Buttermilk Falls and the touch of magic that goes into helping the town's bachelors find their 'Hearts Desire"...well....it just made me wish I had that power...I love to see people find their soul mate!

Heroine, Emma, was a pip...I loved her! The bantering be
Laura..devouring books like crumpets

The story centers around Emma and her magical matchmaking batter, it isn't until reporter Jason comes on the scene trying to expose her that things heat up.

Emma comes across to me as a glutton for punishment, not only does she moon over her ex who she admits treated her like crap, but when her and Jason have so many misunderstandings and bad judgement calls i don't get how she could fall in love with him, fall me once shame on you fall me twice shame on me, Jason however from Emma's per
Moondance
The selected bachelor of Buttermilk Falls stood frozen, waiting for Emma Stevens to deliver the life-changing news.

Emma owns the Sugar Spoon bakery in Buttermilk Falls. The women in her family have a touch of magic and can match eligible bachelors to the woman of their dreams. So far her success rate is 100%. Enter investigative reporter, Jason Levine. his original plan is to expose her and the bakery as a fraud. instead he falls for the lovely baker.

This was a sweet light romance that was the p
Jaime Fiction Fangirls
Cute

I saw this book on Bookbub and the blurb sold it for me. This is anew-to-me author but I will definitely be picking up more of her books now. This was a cute, well-written story and it helped me out of my book slump. Good pacing and character development. I was drawn I go the world of Buttermilk Falls and I'll be returning ASAP!!
Debrac2014
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this quirky romance! Cute story line! It was free on Kindle!
Kathryn Soeder
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

I absolutely loved this book! A wonderful cozy, and romantic story with a happy ending. I would absolutely recommend this!!
Kimberly
I wanted to love this story, but oof - Emma made it so difficult.
Hannah
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Batter Up is an absolutely adorable book. It’s like a mash-up between Never Been Kissed and Practical Magic. I loved the story and the characters the writing style. It made me laugh and made me cry. I want a keep this book forever! I want to shout it out to the roof tops how much I loved this book. Okay so here I go shouting it off the roof top…

Emma Stevens is from a long line of witches, but of course he hates using that word. She does, however, her best to on carrying on the family tradition o
Connie N.
#1 in the Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls romance series

First of all, the premise is cute, where a bit of magic helps determine a bachelor's true love. In many cases, it's a nudge for a shy man to ask a girl out, but everyone swears there have been perfect matches made, with no divorces or breakups. Emma has the gift of making these predictions, having the skill handed down from her grandmother and mother. At the Vegas wedding of one of these couples, Jason hears about it and heads to NY to get th
Dee
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Review Copy Provided by Author**

So when I first read the description for Batter Up, my mind flew to the movie with Sarah Michelle Geller (of Buffy fame) from a few years ago, where she is a Chef that infuses magic through her love of cooking in her dishes (yeah, I'm a sap, what can I say). And i was sucked into the story that Ms Neeley wrote from the get-go - in fact, I think I read the entire thing in a day and a half metro ride (so about an hour and a half or so) and nearly missed my metro s
Jonel
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This novel was sweet, funny, and wildly romantic. It was absolutely priceless from premise to conclusion. Neeley develops the town of Buttermilk Falls, its inhabitants, and the Sugar Spoon in such a manner that readers can easily picture themselves there. At the same time, she tells a remarkably heartfelt novel that had me in stitches throughout. Neeley’s seamless storytelling painted this all before me, making it the type of story that I could easily imagine myself into.

Neeley creates the type
Runell
Sep 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
This was painfully bad. This honestly read like a high school creative writing assignment, and the student has a really good idea, but no idea how to write it well.

This was so cheesy and not the good kind. It had me rolling my eyes so hard I'm surprised I didn't give myself a headache. The characters were dumb and while this wasn't exactly insta-insta love, they fell in love too quick for my taste (and yes, I know it's a short book, but still) and . . . just no.
Coco.V
Jan 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/10/2018)! 💝
Alaina
Batter Up was a pretty easy audiobook to dive into. I was definitely looking into something light, fluffy, and would work for any of the challenges I was in. Which this book did and I was so happy for it.

The romance between Emma and Jason was really cute. I will even admit that they even had their cheesy moments as well. It all put a smile on my face. Yet, the one thing that would've made this a lot better is the characters themselves. I just feel like they made weird decisions and acted weird t
Darcy
This one was cute. I liked the idea that the men in town all came to Emma they were ready for a wife and how she helped them. The town itself sort of had a the feel of the town in Gilmore Girls. Their Summer Fling charity auction was cute and brought Emma all sorts of trouble. It remained to be seen whether that was a good thing or not. I liked how Emma and Jason got to know each other, but hated what caused trouble. I wish that Jason had talked to Emma right away, but understand why he didn't. ...more
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
Cute romance novel that involves cupcakes, yea I'll read that. Buttermilk Falls what cute and corny name for a town. I love that the batter is bewitched to tell the bachelor who his future bride is.

There weren't any real conflict between Emma and Jason. I was ok with it because i really just wanted to know how the spell worked. I am little bummed that it was mentioned tha the spell for single women is Abby's gift.

Anyway cute romance. Total beach read. No cliffhanger but you can tell who the ne
Genevieve Bomes
Jun 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. Emma runs the bakery and on Monday night she does Batter Up night where the batter tells the bachelor of the night the name of his true love. A great romance and a wonderful story. I love the characters Emma and Jason plus all the side characters Emma's cousin and Jason's best friend. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. ...more
Jessica
Jul 02, 2021 rated it it was ok
Hit and a miss.

I wanted to like this book but Emma and Jason felt like they had zero chemistry and there wasn't a lot of lead-up. Felt too saccharine and needed more developmental editing. Too many unresolved motivating plot points for the sake of romance. And the ending didn't gel at all. The side characters seemed to be cardboard and not fleshed out into integral factors as implied.
Sassafrass
This was cute and a bit quirky. I'm still not sure about the issue with the batter between Jason and Emma was. I wanted a bit more resolution to that part. Anyway, I liked the town and look forward to more books in this series. And all the cupcake talk made me want some! ...more
Bill & Lanier Smith
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fun read!

Cute characters & fun storyline. Inspirational story easily interwoven with a cute theme. Enjoyed this book & look forward to more in the series,
Karen Barber
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Light-hearted feel-good story that was just the tonic I needed.
Emma Stevens has a secret. She uses her grandmother’s special spoon to create a special batter that seems to have a 100% prediction rate in organising couples.
Somehow the story is heard about and a big-shot reporter is determined to head to her little town and expose Emma for her fraudulent activity. Of course, it doesn’t go as either character planned.
We know just where the story is going and this predictability is part of the book’
♥ Joy Joy ♥
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.7 Stars.

Easy, light, fun romance read with touches of humor, emotional moments, and (of course) magic. I thoroughly enjoyed the overall book and appreciated the chemistry that was present between the main characters.

I thought the beginning was well done to the build up of what the story was going to present, though I felt parts of it later on were a little lacking. I also felt my liking for the characters waver in the middle of the book as I worried it'd become tedious.

But overall,it turned
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Cupcakes for Christmas (Return to Willoughby Close, #1)
  • Can't Stand the Heat (Corporate Chaos, #2)
  • Lingerie Wars (Invertary, #1)
  • Escape for the Summer (Escape Series, #1)
  • Maple Sugar Crush (An Autumnboro Sweet Romance #2)
  • Beefcakes (Beefcakes, #1)
  • Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #1)
  • A Royal Shade of Blue (Modern Royals #1)
  • Until We Collide
  • Thursdays at Coconuts (Coconuts #1)
  • Chez Stinky (An Alpine Grove Romantic Comedy #1)
  • Something Borrowed
  • Can't Tie Me Down! (Sinclair Sisters, #1)
  • The Event (The Creek Water Series, #1)
  • Love and Ohana Drama (Twist of Fate, #1)
  • Queen of Klutz (The Sibby Series, #1)
  • Just Friends (The Agency #1)
  • The Imperfect Psychic: A Dubious Death (The Imperfect Psychic Cozy Mystery Series—Book 1)
See top shelves…
Robyn Neeley is an East Coaster who loves to explore new places; watches way more reality TV than she cares to admit; can’t live without Dunkin Donuts coffee and has never met a cookie she didn’t like. If you have a must read romance suggestion or a fabulous cookie recipe, she wants to know. Visit her at www.robynneeley.com. ...more

Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls (6 books)
  • Tangled Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls #2)
  • Kiss and Make Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #3)
  • Holiday Hook Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls #4)
  • One Sweet Match Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls Book 5)
  • All Dressed Up: Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls (Book 6)