Start by marking “The Long Slide Home (The Rainbow League, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Long Slide Home (The Rainbow League, #3)

The Long Slide Home

(The Rainbow League #3)

Nate and Carlos have been the best of friends since their childhood playing baseball together in the Bronx. For the last few years, Nate’s been in love with Carlos, though he’s never acted on it, and Carlos has never given any indication that he returns Nate’s feelings. Nate has finally given up, determined to move on and find someone else, especially now that Carlos has s ...more
Published August 14th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Long Slide Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Long Slide Home

Kade Boehme
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite book of the series. I've been waiting on Nate and Carlos's story since the first book. Worth the wait. Well done.

This was easily the best of the series and I loved Nate and Carlos FINALLY getting their shit together. That moment when Carlos realized EXACTLY what Nate had been going through was like YES!

I only had one quibble, but it was a me thing. (view spoiler)
Stephanie
I'll start by saying that I did like this series and would recommend it! I was so looking forward to Nate and Carlos' book since book 1, I mean best friends since forever, already part of the family...they were meant to be together!

Likes
-the whole Ruiz clan...loved them all and how supportive they are
-the closure that Nate got with his mom
-Ty, Ian, Mason & Patrick and how supportive they all were with each other
-all the little conversations between Nate and Carlos about the future
-that Nate
MsMiz (Tina)
I am dddyyyyiiinnnnnggggg for Carlos and Nate's story!!!!
Bogusia
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, sports-theme
Dallie P
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had been waiting for this book since the moment they got their first mention in The Windup. I am a sucker for a good best friends forever turned more story. With all the build up from the first two stories... I am on the fence. I enjoyed this book. A lot. But it is not what I expected. It seemed like.. there was some lead up, but maybe not quite enough for where this book went. That being said... I really enjoyed this book. I can see myself picking it up again in the future.
Aniko
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibooks
Love Bytes Reviews
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Heart Review by Marieke

This is the third book in the series about baseball players of a New York baseball league. In the previous book, ‘Thrown a Curve’, we already saw a few sneak previews of this couple. Their friendship was starting to suffer from Carlos’s relationship with the jealous Aiden.

Carlos has moved in with Aiden, but more because he felt it was the next logical step, than because he really wanted to live with his boyfriend. Aiden changed a lot since then. He doesn’t want to go out
ItsAboutTheBook
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: whit
Review can be read at It's About The Book

The title of this book is fitting since we’ve been waiting for this couple to get together since the first book. Carlos and Nate have been best friends since childhood but that’s all they were. Until Nate realizes he wants more from Carlos in book one of this series. He spends two books pining away for his missed chance with Carlos, who starts dating Adrien. Nate sees Carlos is happy and crazy about Adrien so he does what he thinks is the rig
Joyfully Jay
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wendy
A Joyfully Jay review.

The book starts off with Nate going through a difficult time with his mother dying of cancer. Needing to talk to someone about this, and with Carlos and he barely speaking, Nate visits Carlos’ mom with whom he’s always had a close relationship. Meanwhile, Carlos and Aiden are constantly fighting with one another now that they’ve moved in together and Aiden seeks to isolate Carlos from everyone, including pushing Carlos to quit his baseball team and join Aiden’s.
Avid Reader
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Long Slide Home by Kate McMurray
4 stars
I was given this book for an honest review by Inked Rainbow Reads.
Trigger warning: Abusive relationship

This is a story about finding out perhaps that your true love was with you all along. It's about taking the time to truly see the people around you, opening your heart and taking risks.

Inked Reads
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
FourStars
Trigger warning: Abusive relationship

I can truly feel for Nate's reservation about his best friend and potentially the love of his life finding someone other than himself. That must have truly hurt Nate. However, he does his best to pick himself up, dust himself off and keeps playing the game.

Carlos is on
⚣Michaelle⚣
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: jocks, m-m-romance, series
3.0 Stars

Oh, Nate and Carlos. Rooting for these boys since book one...I was hoping for more out of the story for them both. The romance didn't live up to hype or the fantasy, at all.

I didn't want to read about Carlos & Aiden having sex - not that descriptively - even if what happened immediately after was an important turning point in Carlos' life. A vague fade in to that whole scene and it's aftermath would have played out just as well.

That said, spousal abuse (or domestic violence of any s
Suze
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
The one I was looking forward to! A good 3.5* bumped up for the series culmination and Patrick's wedding!!
I enjoyed Nate and Carlos' story as expected, though it wasn't as angsty as I was expecting. This despite the issues with Aiden and Nate's mum.
I enjoyed the lead up to them sharing Nate's flat - all the set up and issues.
However, once they got together, they didn't, then they danced forward a bit, then they stepped back again. For a pair of 33/34 year old guys they did act like 14 year olds
Ea_reader
Jun 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-finished
I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as I liked the first two books. It took a long time for Nate and Carlos to get together - somewhat understandably given the set-up that Carlos starts the book in a long-standing relationship. I also didn't quite buy the changes in his boyfriend's personality from when they started dating to where things ended up in this book ((view spoiler)). And then once Nate and Carlos finally did get together, th ...more
Shahreen
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Gina
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to this story but there were certain things in this book that left me blah.

Great story.
Chutchy
Best in the series

I waited so long for their story. Glad it all came together for them. Such a beautiful love story! Just perfect!
Lauraadriana
Loved Nate abd Carlos' story. Love this series. Hope we get many more.
Zane Kage
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5

I liked this, just not as much as the others. I felt the ending left a few things unresolved. Hoping there's still more to this series, really been enjoying it.
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2019
Dana
Dec 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Kate McMurray writes smart romantic fiction. She likes creating stories that are brainy, funny, and of course sexy, with regular guy characters and urban sensibilities. She advocates for romance stories by and for everyone. When she’s not writing, she edits textbooks, watches baseball, plays violin, crafts things out of yarn, and wears a lot of cute dresses. She’s active in Romance Writers of Amer ...more

The Rainbow League (3 books)
  • The Windup (The Rainbow League, #1)
  • Thrown a Curve (The Rainbow League, #2)