Start by marking “A Slice of Quietude (Woven Myths #1)” as Want to Read:
A Slice of Quietude (Woven Myths #1)

A Slice of Quietude (Woven Myths #1)

The Quietude, a psychic realm accessible by only a select few, is Katriyana Pusabunthri’s secret for improving her deadly focus. It’s how she became a high level Midnight Slicer, an elite assassin. But when she meets Tristien Waef inside the Quietude, Kat knows she’s outmatched. Tristien, scarred from head to toe both physically and emotionally, displays unheard-of abiliti ...more
Published May 11th 2015 by Critlings Studios

To ask other readers questions about A Slice of Quietude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Slice of Quietude

lov2laf
I almost didn't finish this book and I should have quit while I was ahead. 'A Slice of Quietude' had the foundation of a good story but, ultimately, was a mess.

Warning, there are some spoilers below...

The story started out okay. Kat is an assassin assigned to assist an amateur raiding party lead by a cowardly, unscrupulous leader. When this thrill seeking party decides to attack an innocent family farm in the middle of nowhere, Kat, who is part of an assassin guild with a strict code, must decid
Daniela W
Sep 21, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
I really wanted to like this book. Lesbian assassin?! Sign me up! Yeah... sadly that aprt of the story wasn't enough for me. Don't get me wrong, the characters were well done - I especially liked how Tristien had scars on like everypart of her body, but wasn't the broody, human-hating woman like it is often done. Kinjara on the other hand... she has her quirks. But reading a sentence said by her was just exhausting to me (if you take a look at the description you can see what I mean. She's like ...more
Don Sloan
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Slice of Quietude is a rich and satisfying tale that left me wanting more.

It is, first and foremost, a love story -- but it is much more than that. It is a cleverly woven fantasy in a strange world where guilds require strict allegiance and good friends and lovers provide resolute protection against many dangers.

This book offers the reader the chance to know intimately the bond between two women who have chosen a life of violence and warfare in a mythical environment set sometime (I would say)
Inked Reads
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
FourStars
A really unique book which I thoroughly enjoyed reading. The author weaves a tale of mystery and illusion. Throughout the novel the descriptive narrative allows the reader not only see what is happening but to almost smell the surroundings and the events taking place.
Not written as an easy read, the names of the characters and their positions in society are all new so the reader has to concentrate and remember where each one fits into this absorbing tale.
I particularly enjoyed the role
David Aaron
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are unwilling to open your mind to a lesbian protagonist, don’t bother reading this story. Really. It’s just too awesome for you.
However, if you are one of the enlightened masses…or have hopes to be…then you seriously need to read this. Take a high spirited fantasy romp and put a twist on it from our modern society. That’s what you’re going to get.
Slice of Quietude is written and paced well, with some spots that even blew my cynical hair back. There were a few things that really stuck ou
K.C. Gray
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
*Received in exchange for an honest review.*

At it's heart, this is a very fascinating book. The main characters, Tristien and Kat, are falling head-over-heels in love, but their past demons get in the way of their ability to commit and fully open up to one another. For Tristien, the past demons are physical; for Kat, they are mental. I would love to go into depth about their issues, but it may spoil the read.

For me, the story is foremost a love story and the battles/fights are secondary. I have
Amber-Rose
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
'The Quietude, a psychic realm accessible by only a select few, is Katriyana Pusabunthri’s secret for improving her deadly focus. It’s how she became a high level Midnight Slicer, an elite assassin. But when she meets Tristien Waef inside the Quietude, Kat knows she’s outmatched. Tristien, scarred from head to toe both physically and emotionally, displays unheard-of abilities inside the Quietude! In a rare move, Kat throws caution to the wind, and joins Tristien and her two friends: the battle-h ...more
Nick Rossi
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Falling firmly within the fantasy/action adventure genre, Sharon Cho’s “A Slice of Quietude” is a refreshing and modern take on the standard supernatural love story. The novel itself takes place in an unusual and outlandish cosmos where the key tenets of classic literature: allegiance to established authority, true protection by loved ones, and the intrinsic violence of a modern society.

Though the book’s scenery and environment are reminiscent of the Middle Ages, “A Slice of Quietude” exists al
Kasey Cocoa
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal, ya
My son (22) picked this book up from my to-be-read pile on his way through my library, er, I mean, the living room. When he returned it he said, "You really should review this one before all those others. I loved it. It's really great." He then launched into a near-speech about the main character and her powers, the various other primary characters, the adventures they went on and how hilarious parts were. He then asked for the next book in the series. While this may not seem like a huge deal at ...more
Christine Close
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Four Stars: f/f myths

I particularly enjoy
Alex McGilvery
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kat is a Midnight Slicer, an assassin hired learn field fighting techniques. In the midst of battle she surrenders to a scarred woman whom she hopes will be able to teach her more of the quietude Kat employs in her slicing. Surrender is unimaginable for a slicer, but she is drawn to this woman who moves like the wind in spite of her impossible number of scars.

The book is as much romance as it is action. Tristien, the scarred woman, along with her companions set out to the city where she was a he
Kristy
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
*I want to thank the author for allowing me the opportunity to get introduced to her work. I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

I enjoyed this book and am intrigued to find out what happens next. There are parts that I feel are unnecessary and detract from the pace of the book, but they aren't that prevalent. I really enjoy Kat and Tristien's characters - they are strong female characters doing their best to deal with traumatic pasts. I like their interactions an
Erick Wakayu
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

Reading this book, I encountered a series of interesting and distinct characters with unique personalities. Following the travels of a group of friends, the reader becomes immersed in the fantasy world that the author has created.
With uncommon names and terms being used in the story, the writer has skillfully set the various cultures that surface throughout the story. With this in mind, it is clear that this book requires your full attention(something that really pays off in the end).
I
Scott Trudell
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Slice of Quietude is the story of Kat, a guild assassin, as she struggles to transition from her old, solitary life as a ruthless, unquestioning killer to one filled with friends, love and myths come to life.

Along this journey Kat befriends a Bard, a Warrior, and Tristian – the Scarred Woman. Together the four women deal with their often, and quite literally, tortured pasts. They ready themselves to come to terms with their previous lives and embrace what fate and the gods have in store for th
Mike Siedschlag
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Woven Myths: A Slice of Quietude by Sharon Cho was offered to me for review.

I was intrigued when offered this book because it featured female lead characters and was an action oriented story.

It was very refreshing to read a story with strong female characters that didn't reduce male characters to inconsequential idiots led around by their genitalia.

Yes, I get it, the main characters were building a same-sex relationship, and according to the authors acknowledgements, the book is an attempt to
Locallyunscene
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm trying to be more conscientious with the high star reviews I give out and follow the convention of "liked it, really liked it, loved it" so don't take three stars to mean the book is bad and not worth reading. The story isn't especially deep, but it's a fun romp in this world nonetheless. The characters have conflicting motivations and loyalties and are overall interesting enough. Some characters, like Cela, may follow their tropes a bit too closely, but this is clearly and introductory book ...more
Kelly Robinette
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really, really liked this book. It's unique and fresh from the world that's created to the characters. There are a lot of familiar themes, but they are addressed in new ways. This book got me laughing, got my heart rate going, and got me teary eyed. I love it when that happens. I cannot wait for more in this series.
Charlene Foster
Sep 01, 2015
Orlease Campbell
Aug 10, 2015
Vicky Camp
rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2015