Start by marking “Mehr als Götter (Star Trek: New Frontier, #12)” as Want to Read:
Mehr als Götter (Star Trek: New Frontier, #12)

Mehr als Götter

(Star Trek: New Frontier #13)

Captain Mackenzie Calhoun wurde oft vorgeworfen, Gott zu spielen, doch nie zuvor musste er sich tatsächlichen Göttern stellen. Wie Captain Kirk vor ihm, trifft Calhoun auf gottgleiche Wesen von unnatürlicher Stärke und Macht, die von sich behaupten, die irdischen Göttersagen der griechischen, römischen und nordischen Kulturen inspiriert zu haben. Alles, was diese Wesen wol ...more
Published April 27th 2015 by Cross Cult (first published September 5th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mehr als Götter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mehr als Götter

Start your review of Mehr als Götter (Star Trek: New Frontier, #12)
David H.
Jun 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second half of the story started in Being Human, and doesn't actually end in a cliffhanger--yay! I really liked seeing Spock here, and this was certainly a wacky plot involving "gods." The conclusion here was interesting, though I'll be sad to see a certain character leave the ship. The Gleau subplot was really frustrating since I think this is Star Trek and I'd like to think they'd be better than our time when it comes to sexual harassment/consent issues. But he's straight up DEAD a ...more
Rob Cook
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book seemed to drag on with the fallout from the previous novel and plenty of ongoing storylines fought for a small piece of the action. The ending was swift and ultimately a bit of a letdown.
Jerry
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the other books in this series, but this was an enjoyable space opera novel nonetheless, even if the characters were unfamiliar to me.
Daniel
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
Again, with each one of these that I read I want to know these characters on a deeper level and I find more humorous episodes, more puns, more improbable escapades. I'm not going to spoil it for you but if you've read "Being Human" you have to read "Gods Above." It seems like it would be hard to jump right into the New Frontier series without reading the first twelve books (and some side adventures).
This is one of those books that leaves me satisfied (really deeply), but also wanting immediat
Michael Hanscom
A little odd, because I didn’t know beforehand that the _New Frontier_ books were quite so serialized, and I was coming in mid-story. Still an enjoyable follow up to TOS’s “Who Mourns for Adonais?”. 🖖
James Thomas
Jul 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very long and boring.
David
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily this one is the best New Frontier novel so far.
'Nathan Burgoine
The latest installment in Peter David's "New Frontier" series got a little out of hand in its plot, but was ultimately enjoyable.

When we last saw the crew (or, I should say, 'crews,' since Shelby's crew on the Trident is now just as much a part of the plot as Calhoun's on the Excalibur), they were getting beaten to a pulp by the ancient gods of historical earth, and we'd learned that Mark McHenry had, in his ancestry, one of those gods - Apollo. In the episode of the original series with Apollo
David Palazzolo
Mar 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
reherrma
Die EXCALIBUR mit Cpt. Calhoun und die TRIDENT mit seiner Frau Elizabeth Shelby als Captain, bekommen es mit den "Wesen" zu tun, mit denen sich schon Kirk & Co herumgeschlagen hat. Im letzten Band hat Artemis, eine der "Göttinen" der Wesen, einen verheerenden Angriff auf die EXCALIBUR angerichtet und mehrere Besatzungsmitglieder getötet, Calhoun schäumt vor Wut und sinnt auf Rache.
Währendessen haben sich die "Götter" auf Danter niedergelassen und haben ein Abkommen mit den Danteri geschlossen, s
Sean Randall
" 'Impart the godhead.' That would be a euphemism for 'have sex with,' am I correct?"

The risque humour, not to mention a rather disconcerting pantheon of gods, continue to sit at the centre of this rather humdrum addition to the new Frontier series.
"I've walked some death myself, 'god,' " shot back Calhoun, "and it might be wise for little gods to stay the hell out of my way."
Calhoun is his typical brash self, and the rest of the characters fall neatly into their holes with neither fuss nor foib
Jose
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
PAD, still writes enjoyable ST like we're viewing a new episode. He's very easy to read and enjoy, a true entertainer. This time we continue from the cliffhanger of the last book where some members where killed and the USS Excalibur suffered massive defeat at the ends of "gods". And now the conclusion...
---
Just finished!
Like I said, an easy read, the story keeps advancing at good pace and the characters are believable and respectful of their roots, motivations and the Star Trek universe.
Another
***Dave Hill
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Trek novel readers; Peter David readers; Star Trek New Frontiers readers; series completionists
Shelves: text
Wrapping up the storyline begun in Being Human, this is a very solid read. It pulls in some underused cast members, makes significant changes on others, and leads to the end of the tale for yet one more. And it's all done in an extended Star Trek setting that makes canon-like sense. Good stuff -- not for the first-time reader, by any means, but some decent payoff for those who've been following the series along.
Dan Foster
Peter David writes a very particular kind of Star Trek, especially when writing "New Frontier" books. If you like the earlier ones, you should find this one pretty entertaining. David continues too bring a TOS feel of larger than life events--Gods in this case--unabashedly into the 24th Century. The sense of adventure is high and the dialogue is as snappy as any previous book. If you think Trek needs to be a little more somber, this one may not be for you.
Voula
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! I liked the way it tied into an old classic Trek episode and added more back story and an additional encounter with the same race of beings. Again, really love Star Trek and really liked this book! Love the Mackenzie Calhoun character, his wife, Elizabeth Shelby and the playful interactions between them. Yippee! I'll be looking for more books in this series to read!
Shannon Appelcline
Not nearly as strong as its predecessor, mainly because the first half of the book spins its wheels at length.
Frank Gonzalez
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
_
Loki
A lot more satisfying than its predecessor, tying up the major plots quite well... and then abruptly ending on a cliffhanger as one of the subplots suddenly takes centre stage. Fun.
Kerry
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conclusion to the one I was reading last week. Decent wrap up with some funny bits and good mythological nods.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Great follow-up to "Being Human." Everything I said there applies here as well. I am continuing to devour these in an attempt to catch up to the most recent installment.
Anna
Philip
Jan 11, 2016
Art
Jan 16, 2016

• The Last Best Hope (Star Trek: Picard #1)
  • Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1)
  • Dead Endless
  • Spirit Walk (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #1)
  • The Farther Shore (Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming, #2)
  • Children of the Storm (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Enemy of My Enemy (Star Trek: Voyager; Spirit Walk, #2)
  • Homecoming (Star Trek: Voyager: Homecoming #1)
  • Full Circle (Star Trek: Voyager)
  • Rough Beasts of Empire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #3)
  • Foundations (Starfleet Corps of Engineers Omnibus, #5)
  • Lost Souls (Star Trek: Destiny, #3)
  • Gods of Night (Star Trek: Destiny #1)
  • Mere Mortals (Star Trek: Destiny #2)
  • Infection (Star Trek: Double Helix, #1)
  • Demons of Air and Darkness
  • Lesser Evil (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 4)
  • Star Trek Prometheus: The Root of All Rage
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum

Star Trek: New Frontier (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • House of Cards (Star Trek: New Frontier, #1)
  • Into the Void (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)
  • The Two-Front War (Star Trek: New Frontier, #3)
  • End Game (Star Trek: New Frontier, #4)
  • Martyr (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)
  • Fire on High (Star Trek: New Frontier, #6)
  • The Quiet Place (Star Trek: New Frontier, #7)
  • Dark Allies (Star Trek: New Frontier, #8)
  • Double or Nothing (Star Trek: Double Helix, #5)
  • Requiem (Star Trek: New Frontier, #9)