Start by marking “The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)” as Want to Read:

Since Lightroom 1.0 first launched, Scott’s Kelby’s The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers has been the world’s #1 bestselling Lightroom book (it has been translated into a dozen different languages), and in this latest version for Lightroom 6, Scott uses his same award-winning, step-by-step, plain-English style and layout to make learning Lightroom e ...more
Published April 25th 2015 by New Riders (first published April 24th 2015)

Be the first to ask a question about The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book for Digital Photographers

Start your review of The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Alex
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book as I just decided to upgrade from a windows explorer and Bridge based workflow, so I was a complete Lightroom beginner. When it comes to software I don’t read the manual/instruction books, I just jump straight to it. This time I wanted to do it by the book and this was the book which had the most recommendations. I don’t regret picking up this book and I’ll try to explain why.

The first thing I want to praise about it is the author’s approach to explaining. This book does no
Janis
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The instructor for my Lightroom for Photographers class recommended this book, so I decided to buy a copy and to read the entire book. (Well, almost all of it---I skipped the chapter on using Lightroom to create printed books.) It took me a while to get through the book, but I was glad that I persevered. Besides providing a good review after taking that local class, I picked up many other useful tips about Lightroom. I especially liked the chapters Making Stuff Look...Well...Special! and Fixing ...more
Thomas
May 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
Not helpful for me...

I did not like the structure of the book. It is setup as a series of main topics broken into sub-topics, each of which is again broken into steps to help the reader accomplish the task at hand.
For example, One of the sub-topics under the main topic of 'Customizing how to set things up your way' is 'Choosing What you see in Grid View'.

The lists of 'steps' are positioned in columns to the outermost left of the left page, the outermost right of the right page, of the open book
Gary
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was very helpful except for the first two chapters on importing and organization. I had learned about importing and organization from other sources and tutorials. Having images provided to follow along with the book taught me a lot about workflow and gave me the opportunity to improvise on the lessons, which helped me understand more about the various sliders. I continue to use the book as a reference for the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC.
Slickmez
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t read every word but I focused on the chapters I found useful and applicable and skimmed the rest (and ignored a couple).

A must for someone starting out in Lightroom; well written and easily to follow.

It is not dry as Scott includes his personality (humour/pragmatism) in his writing.

B.
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Extremely helpful and easy to follow, with a wonderful narration that kept you engaged and laughing the whole time. I loved it! Great textbook that made me actually look forward to class assigned reading.
Bobby
This book WILL give you a basic understanding of Lightroom CC if you read it from beginning to end. It's not so helpful as a reference to look up specific things, and the index is not much better (as in, what does this or that particular checkbox option do in LR?). In other words, Kelby teaches you the basics in a chatty style, but is not exhaustive in explaining every tool and option you're presented with in the software.
This is a large book that could have been greatly shortened by better grap
Marek Pavelka
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lightroom users
Shelves: foreign
I consider this book to be one of the best learning materials for Lightroom.
As the title of the book suggests, this new edition covers the current Lightroom CC (and of course Lightroom 6). A great advantage of the book is that it is suitable for both beginners and advanced users, and it's not just a simple description of what each slider does. If you are a beginner, the book takes you step by step from organizing images on a computer and importing them to the Lightroom, through editing photos to
MH
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: photography
Reading this book was one of the best things that happened to me as an amateur photographer. I used many Photo Editors. Start with Photoshop and then Lightroom, DxO and so on. lightroom seems to be the best based on it's Option and Capabilities but it also needs a very good knowledge about them. otherwise it would be a mess!
This book gave me all I needed and with it I can implement many of my ideas in photography that I couldn't do before or even didn't know about them. I really recommend this b
Jake
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is great if you want to learn how the real Lightroom workflow works, from start to finish. Scott is a great author and I look forward to read his Photoshop CC book too.
Marc Lapensée
Richard Bowman
Jun 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Horrid Henry And The Mega Mean Time Machine
  • Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles, #3)
  • Horrid Henry Gets Rich Quick
  • Horrid Henry
  • Complete Works of Oscar Wilde
  • Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles, #1)
  • Saiyuki Gaiden n. 2
  • Twenty Years After (The D'Artagnan Romances #2)
  • Tutto Rat-Man n. 1
  • La fattoria degli animali
  • One Piece, Volume 2: Buggy the Clown
  • Venerdì 12: Omnibus
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • Purgatorio (La Divina Commedia #2)
  • Paradiso (The Divine Comedy, #3)
  • Dog
  • Dimentica il mio nome
  • Un polpo alla gola

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Scott Kelby is an American author and publisher of periodicals dealing in Macintosh and Personal Computer software, specifically for design professionals, photographers, and artists.

Kelby is editor and publisher of Photoshop User and Layers magazines, president and co-founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and is president of Kelby Media Group, an Oldsmar, Florida-ba