Start by marking “The Last Legacy: Season One” as Want to Read:
The Last Legacy: Season One

The Last Legacy: Season One

Disaster strikes North America, leaving people without the most basic amenities. Lana
is taken from her home and forced to accept a world full of infected, violent beings. Life as humans know it is over, and in its place is a constant fear of death, paranoia, and savagery.

The mission in this new world is simple: survive. But survival comes at a cost few can bear.

As Lana
Published June 15th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Last Legacy, please sign up.

Darlene
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ya, adult, paranormal readers
Recommended to Darlene by: Taylor Lavati
Shelves: arc, first-reads
I was very lucky when I received an ARC from the author Taylor Lavati in exchange for an honest opinion. The book that I am speaking of is her recently published one- “ THE LAST LEGACY”
This is Mismousey’s very honest opinion of her most amazing and magnificent ZOMBIE book ever. Now I have never been one to read books about zombies. But must say – after reading this one, I intend to add them my reading list. Mismousey has always been one to try reading all books with an open mind. And I am very h
Karlin Lezard
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is so freaking amazing!!! I loved the movie Zombieland but this book takes the cake.
I was sucked into this book from the very beginning.
If you are a lover of end of the world zombieness then you will want this book. You will not regret it!!!
Spunky N Sassy
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star, 4-star
SNS Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Ms. Lavati puts us inside the mind of one lonely girl struggling to survive in a world gone mad. The writing is so precise, we see the the unbelievable horror she sees, feel the unbearable fear, smell the blood and decomposing bodies, hear the sounds of unimaginable threats. Written in only her viewpoint, we feel the powerful emotions Lana experiences. We feel the panic, the terror, the sense of hopelessness and helplessness. If you love an ou
Taylor Lavati
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, here's my obligatory 5-star rating of my own book. Yippee!

I want to start by saying how different this book is from ALL of my others. I completely stepped out of my comfort zone and took a risk publishing this. This is another instance where an idea shoved its way to the front of my head and forced itself onto virtual paper. But I'm so glad it did.

The story is, at its essence, character-driven. What makes it so enthralling is the large cast of unique characters that each have their own s
Melissa Burcham
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I was given an ARC book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS - Recommended for readers over 18 due to mature content.

This book was wow. It definitely grabbed my attention from page 1! I couldn't stop reading as the pages turned! I was very sad to see the end of the book. "No, that can't be all of it!!!" I can not wait for the next book in this series.

Lana lives alone and is working as an administrative assistant.
Angelica Lichtner
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taylor Lavati is one of my new favorite authors because all her books are very well written and have a very good storyline. They are so different but that is a strong thing. This book is just as amazing as the other books I have read by her and this is also one of the best zombi books out on the market. I use the word zombi even if it is not used in the book. I love zombi stories but most of them is kind of the same and boring and sure this book as a bit of the same things, a small group of huma ...more
Shirin Rasheed
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I Was given an ARC by the Author in Exchange of Honest Review.

I have read For the Love Of Ash by Taylor Lavati and I thought it was her best book she has written but I Realized that Whatever Taylor writes is Mindblowing, Powerful and her writing grips you and hold you from beginning to end. I Enjoyed reading The Last Legacy. It's different from what I read but amazing. I couldn't get enough of reading it and want Next Season so badly to know what more things are going to happen.

Lana's life as Hu
Annabelle Morehouse
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-read-again
Gritty...dark and compelling. If you want a realistic version of zombie apocolypse this is for you. I don't think these people bathed at all...ever. Humanity at it's worst..the devil is everywhere in these pages and despite it all I loved it, perhaps more for the dirt and smog. It's primitive...the most basic essence of ourselves is shown. Girls..that means you find the biggest, baddest Mother and follow him. We get serious growth in this story with both the female and male lead. In just a few w ...more
Kim
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review. Attack on the US and Lana has to fight to survive. While people change to Zombie like creatures which are known as the eaters. She has to avoid being attacked or she will change. You can't trust anyone and you have to fight to stay alive. Jim "saves" Lana and together they are trying to fight to survive. A very interesting read. Parts of it made the book drag out. I felt some of it could have been shortened. Cause after awhile I felt like is t ...more
Natalie Coelho
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I got the book I didn't know what to expect, when I started reading it I was into it and enjoyed it. When I got to the part where the zombies came in I thought oh great reason being I have a fear of zombies but, this was the best book I read and to be honest I could not put it down. The more you read it the more you need to know what happens. I did get upset with the book but I believe everyone should be reading this book you will be missing out on a great story if you don't. Can't wait for ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Lana is a young woman who lives alone and has always been alone and that is just the way she likes it. Lana doesn’t trust anyone or anything. She depends on one person and one person only and that is herself. Growing up in foster care and never having anyone or a reason to trust has left her with no friends or family.

Lana was home alone when the bombs started falling. At first she thought it was earthquakes until she turned on the tv and saw the news. Whatever was in the bombs was turning peopl
Narrative Ink Reviews
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anyone picking up this book should be forewarned that it is going to be extremely hard to put down! This book held me from start to finish: the plot is completely engaging, full of excitement, suspense, and lots of unexpected (but completely believable!) twists and turns. I’ve read a lot of Taylor Lavati’s work, and I think her books just keep getting better and better. This one kept me up late at night, and by the time I neared the conclusion, I was reading as fast as I could because I couldn’t ...more
Clarissa Boggs
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a different story this has been.It was fantastic,I loved the story.I couldn't believe what happened at the end,I did not see that coming. I haven't read many apocalyptic books but this has been one of my favorite,five stars
Katlynn
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars
**I received an ARC from author in exchange for an honest review.**
The Last Legacy held me from start to finish. I first read it before it was edited and absolutely loved it. This isn't like any of the other books Taylor Lavati has published. Her books keep getting better and better.

Lana was kidnapped by a group of men who were clearing houses for food. One man stands out and helps her, Jim. He's got a past that he doesn't want to talk about and Lana is bound and determined to learn mo
Mercedes Roth
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**i received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review**
Good job Taylor, you knocked this one out of the park? Alright, so I've read a few of Taylor's books and I've enjoyed all of them, but so far this is my favorite.
This book starts with a bang and it doesn't slow down ever. The suspense is real & the plot twists? Yeah, you NEVER know what's going to happen next.
The characters are mysterious & complex, each with their own story. You can never judge one just by what they a
Linda
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I had no idea what I was about to read when I received this book. I've read the author's other works, but just from the blurb alone I knew it would be different. I think that's what makes a great author, diversity, uniqueness and the ability to write anything. And this young author has it!

This is my favorite book of hers solely based on the amazing world she created. I could picture the zombies, or infected, and see their disgusting bodies and everything.

The emotions I felt
Debra
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cannot begin to tell how much I really like author Taylor Lavati and her great stories. "The Last Legacy" is a fantastic story of a woman named Lana who is left in a world of terror and horror. Lana is one of few survivors who with Jim are trying to survive in this new world. She only has a knife, her quick thinking, and a backpack to help her. This book is full of action and suspense. This is Season One Episodes 1-10. I cannot wait to read the rest of this story I am sitting at the edge of my ...more
Melannie
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I never thought I would read a "zombie book", much less love one. The Last Legacy really surprised me. Even with the whole people-eating-people thing, it was a fantastic book.

After biological weapons are dropped in North America, Lana finds herself alone in a world gone mad. Alone she can handle. She grew up in foster care and never had anyone she could trust. But the chemicals from the biological weapons have turned many of the population into eaters. They roam the countryside eating any human
Shannan Williams
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an awesome book! I don’t even know where to start! First of all, everything that I have read by this author has been great! This book was intense in a very good way.

I was hooked from the very beginning all the way through. This author knows how to write and get her readers attention. This is a story of survival with a new adversity around every corner. You will be following the story of Jim and Lana almost as if you were right there with them. At least that’s how it was for me.

I loved
Linda Field
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Last Legacy by Taylor Lavati

Well what can I say I was hooked from the start. It took me a day to read this book I loved every minute of it.

This is my first book by Taylor Lavati and what a brilliant book to be introduced to.

The Last Legacy
"what do you do when the world is at war and there is people outside who want to eat you"
!HIDE! that's what Lana does, for eight days she holds herself in her house, until she is kidnapped!
This story is quite action packed it gets your heart beating wit
Emily Goodman
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five stars is just not enough stars to hand out to this author for her amazing job writing this book. What an epic read! I'm a sucker for a good post apocalyptic read and The Last Legacy nailed it! This author managed to combine death,destruction, sci-fy, and anticipation with equal parts of love, emotion, strength, and survival. I loved the pace of this book-never a dull moment. Yet, when it was over I was already wanting part two! If you love post apocalyptic, sci-fy do not pass up this book!
Jennifer Hanson
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Last Legacy is not the type of book I normally read. With that said, I really enjoyed it and found myself thinking oh my gosh what if this were to really happen, or even some version of it. It really starts to make your mind think. Taylor's writing is so good that you feel like you are right there with Lana, Jim, Scarlet and Gabe. Her writing was so descriptive that I could picture them and the eaters as well as the buildings or what was left of them in my mind. If you're even considering re ...more
Paige Smith
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love jumping out of my comfort zone and reading different genres of books. The Last Legacy gave me a surprisingly different read that I really enjoyed.

In The Last Legacy, there is continuous action, with definitely no slow-paced movement or dragging scenes. The characters develop based on their situations, which allows readers to see their progression as the story unfolds.

If you're looking for a post-apocolyptic/zombie/action/destruction type novel, then this is a great choice for you. I cann
Amy
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book holds so much suspense. There's also drama, emotions, and... zombies! Yes, zombies. But there's mystery, intrigue, life lessons. It's so much more than just a "scary zombie story" & I loved it! I breezed through it in no time & am now impatiently awaiting book two in the series. Taylor Lavati has proven to be a wonderful writer & has made her way onto my list of favorite authors pretty quickly.
Danielle Goodwin
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Taylor Lavati's "The Last Legacy" is the first tale in the Last Legacy series. If you like "The Walking Dead," you'll love this! It's a very detailed depiction of a zombie apocalypse. The zombie descriptions are amazing. There are romance elements weaved into the storyline, but I wouldn't say it's mainly a romance. There are a couple steamy scenes though! I want to know what happens to Lana next - can't wait for #2!
Vikki Love
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I don't think I have ever read a book like this before. It has everything you need and left me wanting more. I cannot wait for the next episode!
It captured me from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down.
The pace of the story was perfect, full of twists and turns and suspense.
If you like anything post-apocalyptic, sci-fi or zombies you will love this.
Jeanette
Easy read...

Not much for romance, but it had zombies and I like zombies. I admire anyone who has the ability to write a book. The story flowed well but I'm kind of ambivalent about Lana. Started out kind of whiney, but she kind of redeemed herself somewhat. Thanks for the enjoyment...
Nicole
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a good book great reading except the lead female kinda done my head in so weak always crying, made me want to slap her.
Anthony S
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Was a good book... very long, but looking forward to the next stage!
Denise Anderson
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book. Won it in a giveaway.

• Disarming (The Vampires of Vegas, #2)
  • Mutation Z: The Ebola Zombies (Mutation Z, #1)
  • The Duchess Inheritance (Jordinia Book 2)
  • She-Wolf (Blood, #0.5)
  • Half Past the Witching Hour (Paranormal Personnel Saga, #3)
  • Live (NOLA Zombie, #3)
  • Destined to Love (Destined Novels, #2)
  • Death Storm (Hungry Gods, #1)
  • Spiritual Defiance: Building a Beloved Community of Resistance
  • A Vacation From Hell (Hell Bound, #1)
  • Brilliant Disguise (The Charlie McClung Mysteries, #1)
  • Love and Decay 3, Episode Four (Love and Decay 3, #4)
  • The Chunky Method Handbook: Your Step-by-Step Plan to WRITE THAT BOOK Even When Life Gets in the Way
  • Alliance (Paradise Reclaimed #3)
  • Jailbreak (Hungry, #0.5)
  • Through Hell and out the other side
  • The Escape (Gumshoes & Grifters, #0.5)
  • Infected (The Flash, #1)
A college student in her small town in Connecticut, Taylor loves everything having to do with literature. She is an avid reader, a blogger, a writer- obviously, and a reviewer. Her favorite genres are fantasy, paranormal, young adult, and romance.