Start by marking “EXTENSION” as Want to Read:
EXTENSION

EXTENSION

After having been cryogenically suspended for eighteen years, Oliver Conroy is brought back to life and given a second opportunity to live out his dreams. Velcron Technologies assures Oliver there’s nothing wrong with the procedure. Excited to find his family and finish his senior year at Sierra Vista High, Oliver ventures out into the new and very different world.
Across
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 307 pages
Published April 22nd 2015 by Pangram YA (first published June 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about EXTENSION, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about EXTENSION

Start your review of EXTENSION
Ann O'Nymos
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I have read several books of this author which I loved. This one wasn't holding up to my expectations.
I had the feeling it wasn't thought through enough.
First, 18 years don't seem long enough for all the technical development. If it would have started in the future and not 2014, near present day, maybe another 18 years wouldn't have felt so unbelievable.
Then the after care or lack of it puzzled me. Hard to believe that there aren't more investigations done but instead he gets kicked out after a
Pamela Cunningham
I have to say that I didn't find this book to be engaging enough it wasn't deep enough to me for the subject of this book .
Heather Wood
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extension was so much more than I expected! I really loved the story and I especially fell in love with the characters. Fans of YA sci-fi books must add this book to their to-be-read piles.

The beginning of Extension threw me off a little and I actually didn’t know if the book would work for me. There wasn’t anything wrong with the beginning, but I assumed the rest of the book would be heavy with the sci-fi stuff (I’m more into sci-fi/fantasy lite books). I’m so glad I kept reading because I trul
Sarah King
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
Extension is a fast-paced sci-fi novel that will keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next. Revitalization isn't all it's cracked up to be, as Oliver soon finds out. He is a sweet, likeable lead character. Colby starts out just the same, but quickly morphs into Oliver's exact opposite. LV does an excellent job portraying the dark in Colby vs the light in Oliver. Fantastic debut novel.
Sandra Campbell
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oliver Conroy is the tenth patient to be revitalized by Velcron after having been geocentrically frozen for eighteen years. Oliver's return to the living has serious consequences since his reincarnated soul already belonged to another. Colby Patterson, a kind, straight A student, is in the middle of school speech when his soul is ripped away. Without a soul Colby quickly descends into a cold-blooded psychopath. (He also happens to be my favorite character in this inventive YA novel.) The story f ...more
Kristi Hanson
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This YA novel is a fast paced futuristic thriller in which nature and technology collide with astounding consequences. L.V. Pires creates a world that has evolved with its technology but remains consistent with the basic elements of humanity— love and hope. The ethical question of should humans use our knowledge of science and technology to interfere with nature, begs to be answered. In a way, this is a futuristic "Frankenstein" of sorts. I truly enjoyed how Pires pays attention to the pop cultu ...more
L. Smith
Feb 22, 2020
Sandra Campbell
Apr 16, 2015
L.V. Pires
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Gail Gaffney
Javier
Apr 23, 2015

• Polly of Pitcairn Island
  • The Barnacle Chronicles: The Complete Series
With several books in the top 100 U.S. Horror Fiction and Horror Classics categories, award-winning novelist and short-story writer, L.V. Pires is the author of terrifying tales that are sure to keep readers up late into the night. Mystery and suspense climax into total terror in this author's latest releases, including THE WAITING MORTUARY, VIGIL BLACK, and DEATH WATCH.

For more information about