Start by marking “Time to Say Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Time to Say Goodbye

Time to Say Goodbye

Is there ever a right time to let go?

HOW DO YOU LEAVE THE PERSON YOU LOVE THE MOST?

Will Curtis’s six-year-old daughter, Ella, knows her father will never leave her. After all, he promised her so when her mother died. And he’s going to do everything he can to keep his word.

What Will doesn’t know is that the promise he made to his little girl might be harder to keep than he
Published February 11th 2016 by Avon HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Time to Say Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time to Say Goodbye

sue
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing

If I had to write this review just after I had read this book, I just couldn't have, not in a million years.
First, my heart had to stop beating so fast.
I had to regain composure.
I would need to stop my forever flowing eyes of watery tears running down my cheeks and even then, I would have had to wait for my puffy eyes to subside.

DO NOT LET THIS PUT YOU OFF Because this book was a BEAUTIFUL CRY one of heart felt emotions.

If you had a little child who had lost their Mother in death and they loo
Célia | Estante de Livros
Não andarei longe da verdade se disser que a paternidade traz uma nova luz à noção que temos de mortalidade e à forma como a encaramos. A vontade maior do que a vida de proteger um filho e estar lá sempre que ele precisa é uma realidade com que a maior parte dos pais se identificará, por isso um cenário em que temos a infelicidade de desaparecer deste mundo e não conseguirmos mais cuidar de um filho é algo aterrador.

Este cenário é o ponto de partida de Tempo de Dizer Adeus, romance de estreia do
Debumere
Jul 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so on the plus side this book was VERY EASY TO READ, kind spacing and a decent font size that is usual for this kind of genre. It was 343 pages but that means nothing, because (at the risk of being very condescending) it's not a complicated read and content is not challenging.

Story about a man who dies and his spirit hangs on for a bit and he has a six year old daughter who is now an orphan and he doesn't want to 'go to the other side' blah blah.

This was chosen for one of my book groups and
Xana
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um livro muito simples, que me surpreendeu pela positiva.
Uma leitura fluída e que me manteve sempre interessada.
Gostei e aconselho :)
Filipa Vitorino
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Gostei muito desta leitura…. Este livro fala da vida depois da morte….
É a história de um pai que faz tudo para não se separar da sua filha...
Este livro tem muitas surpresas curiosas e inesperadas
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Bookread2day
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review by www.ireadnovels.wordpress.com
Once I picked this book up there was no stopping.
Time To Say Goodbye should be in book shops top list of books to read for February 2016. I would love to see more readers reading Time To Say Goodbye by S. D. Robertson. This is a beautiful well written heart-rending story about a father's love for his daughter. The story is a tear-jerker, but don't hesitate please just read it.

Six-year-old daughter Ella asked after her mother had died Daddy, you'll never le
Book-shelf Shelf
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that reaches in to your heart and pulls at it, then it twists just that bit deeper and settles nicely to be with you for a long long time. I have no idea how someone can come up with these sort of sentences and lay them on a sheet of paper … then to let it out in the world… they must be either a genius or just totally amazing… i would love to spend days with authors like this and talk to them. To have a mind that can write such a beautiful story is not only a gift but must also be ...more
Paula Sealey
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Having recently read the wonderful 'Stand by Me' by this author, I was keen to give some of his other books a read. I spotted this one as a free to download on Amazon and immediately added it to my Kindle.

It tells the story of Will, who having just died is left with the terrible dilemma of staying on earth as a spirit or ascending to heaven. Here on earth, he is still able to communicate with his beloved 6 year old daughter. In heaven, he will see his wife who died during childbirth. Given some
Joan
Dnf at 36%
'Heart rending'??

No. Mawkish and ludicrous more like it. But that wouldn't sell books would it?
Jody
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review first posted on my blog 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings': http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

*The blurb of the book does not give too much away about the story inside. If you want to read the book without knowing much more about the story, it might be better to not read further, because my review already includes some more info on what happens in the book!*

'Time to Say Goodbye' tells the story of single father Will who would do anything to keep his six-year-old daughter Ella safe. After
Nigel
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
The opening chapter of this book is powerful and intriguing. Will dies in a road accident. He has been a single parent to Ella since her mother died in childbirth. His spirit is devastated by having to leave her. The only person who can now see him is his spirit "guide" and she agrees an extension to him "passing over" for a while. That sets up the possibility of a powerful and emotional story. I'd prefer not to give anything much away as reading a new book should be a journey of discovery howev ...more
Lynda Kelly
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is sooooooo sad in places but pretty uplifting (and amusing) in others. It's to be expected, of course, if you've noted its tagline. However, it is beautifully written and I loved it, despite my tears at times. Yes, you need to suspend belief, which isn't my forte in the least but it didn't seem to matter with this particular book. I don't mean it's full of dragons or zombies or elves, vampires, pixies or fairies. None of that old tommyrot features, trust me. There's only so much I can take ...more
Kelly Furniss
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
My book club monthly pick. What a bitter sweet story this was!.
If you have lost somebody close (as I have) then this could be a difficult book to read as it makes you to explore ideas about death, loss, grief the afterlife and analyse the feelings of all involved making it very tear jerking at times.
However the innocence of one of the main characters and the need to know the others personal stories made me race through it. The tale however moves itself quickly with the twists and turns you can'
Kayleigh
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay...
...so I really, really did not get on with this book. At all. It took me nearly two months to finish and actually put me off wanting to read at all. But I never quit on a book I have started so I plodded on, slowly, getting stuck on the same page for days at a time and wondering why the hell I even have this rule of never giving up on a book.
Perhaps it was the subject matter. Hovering around as a spirit in some sort of half-alive limbo state, conveniently finding a way to communicate wit
lenisvea`s Bücherwelt (Sandra Berghaus)
Produktdetails
ISBN
978-3-95967-073-9
Verlag
HarperCollins

Will hat seiner kleinen Tochter Ella geschworen, immer für sie da zu sein. Und er tut alles dafür, um sein Versprechen zu halten. Bis zu dem Tag, an dem er tödlich verunglückt. Aber selbst der Tod kann das Band zwischen Vater und Tochter nicht zerreißen. Will erhält eine letzte Chance, um Ella Lebewohl zu sagen. Doch wie kann er den Menschen ziehen lassen, dem sein Herz g
Janni Christensen
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
*Bogen er givet til anmeldelse af Harper Collins Nordic* Jeg var meget i tvivl om, hvorvidt denne bog skulle have to eller tre stjerner, men i matematik har jeg lært, at man runder op, så det gjorde jeg også her.
en fin fortælling om en fars dilemma, om at sige farvel til sin datter endnu engang, efter at være blevet dræbt og komme tilbage som ånd. Er det noget han kan gøre mod hende igen, eller vælger han at blive på jorden og følge hende igennem livet.
Bogen indeholdt ikke så meget andet, end
Melanie - iHeartFantasy
Den här boken var lite för sentimental i min smak. Gråtmildheten börjar redan på första sidan, vilket gjorde att jag inte hann fastna för eller bry mig om karaktärerna.

Ett stort "meh".
Elizabeth Hayden
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read it in one day, such an emotional story - many tears were shed. Definitely worth it though
Birgitte Bach
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Fin roman hvor underholdningen var i top og selv om den måske ikke helt ramte plet hele tiden, så er det en historie der satte nogle tanker i gang.
Lisa Berrie
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I'd give this 3.5 stars if my phone would let me! Good book, enjoyable read.
Julie Boon
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I read the first page of this book (I don’t think I will be giving any spoilers away here) and found out the main character had died, I just knew I was going to enjoy this book! Two of my favourite books ever have been where the main character is dead and comes back as a “spirit” for a time.

William (Will) is a 30 something widower bringing up his six year old daughter Ella on his own when he is tragically knocked off his bike, leaving him with fatal injuries. He realises straight away that
gill shaw
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unusual and fantastic story

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and spent every minute trying to read a little more of it. I congratulate the author on his amazing imagination which kept me deeply involved and unwilling to put it down. There were so many twists and turns which I don't want to spell out as I hate reviews which give away the story, but from the first page you will be captivated and there are plenty of happenings you will never imagine coming. Considering this is a debut novel too it is
Shawna Briseno
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it
How do you let go from life here on earth and move on? That's the question faced by Will when his sudden, tragic death leaves his young daughter an orphan. Tethered to the here and now by his love for her and his fear of how she'll fare without him, he can't move on. Discovering that he can actually communicate with her makes his decision that much harder. No matter what he decides, there are unimaginable consequences to his choice. This book was all over the place for me. It started out strong ...more
Nenette
The story is about a father who met an untimely death, leaving a very young daughter behind. He is bent on fulfilling his promise to his daughter to not leave her, but the other side beckons.

Though the theme is quite serious, somber even as it is about death, the story's tone is very light. It may probably be due to the casual way the spirit of the dead father told the story (it was in his voice). Just the same, my emotions were still stirred, somewhat.

This is a fast read, and maybe a re-read is
Cass Glaves
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! A very different style, a lovely story and I just really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to all.
Zoe
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Devastating. Magical.
This was so comforting - a *must* for those who have experienced the loss of a loved one. Simply stunning.
Silvana (Por detrás das Palavras)
Fiquei apaixonada por este livro assim que vi a capa. Acho que está visualmente muito bonita e com um conjugação de cores bastante apelativa.
Esta paixão pelo exterior passou imediatamente para o interior. Tempo de dizer adeus é um livro com um narrativa doce, emotiva que toca cada parte de um coração mais sensível.

Will é a personagem central desta estória. Um homem que se vê obrigado a quebrar a promessa que fez à sua filha. Fiquei muito sensibilizada na forma desesperada com que este homem ama
Silke Tellers
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotionale Geschichte über das Leben und den Abschied
Als Will mit dem Fahrrad seine sechsjährige Tochter Ella von der Schule abholen will, passiert ein schlimmer Unfall. Eine Autofahrerin übersieht den jungen Mann und kollidiert mit ihm. Leider ist Will so schwer verletzt, dass er noch an der Unfallstelle verstirbt. Als seine Seele aus dem Körper tritt, kann er es kaum fassen, denn er hat doch Ella versprochen, für immer bei ihr zu bleiben. Tatsächlich schafft es Will noch eine Weile als Seele a
Chrissi
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I heard about this book through the blogosphere (where I get the best recommendations from to be honest!) and thought it sounded like something I’d really enjoy. I do enjoy to read a touching, heart-warming book and Time To Say Goodbye really felt like a book that would fit with that! I thought the story was beautiful, heart-warming but so sad at the same time. It really makes you think about afterlife and what might happen when we lose someone.

This book centres around Will and his daughter Ella
  • The One Thing More: An epic historical novel of breathtaking suspense
  • The Darling Girls
  • It Started at Sunset Cottage
  • One Small Act of Kindness
  • Trust No One (DI Mike Lockyer, #3)
  • Four Weddings And A White Christmas (Cherry Pie Island)
Former journalist S.D. Robertson quit his role as a local newspaper editor to pursue a lifelong ambition of becoming a novelist.

An English graduate from the University of Manchester, he’s also worked as a holiday rep, door-to-door salesman, train cleaner, kitchen porter and mobile phone network engineer.

Stuart lives in a village in North West England with his wife and daughter. There’s also his
“You’ll never get another chance to live this life again,” 1 likes
“My precious girl,’ I said, kneeling before her. ‘I wish you didn’t have to go through this.’ I placed my right hand above hers, just far enough away to avoid being repelled, and told her how much I loved her. ‘You won’t know it, darling, but I’ll be right by your side all day. We’ll get through this together.” 1 likes