Start by marking “Origin - Schattenfunke (Obsidian, #4)” as Want to Read:
Origin - Schattenfunke (Obsidian, #4)

Origin - Schattenfunke (Lux #4)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  73,964 Ratings  ·  6,987 Reviews
Daemon würde alles tun, um Katy aus der Gewalt von Daedalus zu befreien. Sogar das Undenkbare würde er wagen. Katy lebt nur von einem Tag auf den anderen, während sie immer neuen Tests unterzogen wird. Allerdings beginnt sie zu ahnen, dass sie bisher ein unvollständiges Bild von Daedalus hatte. Wer sind hier die Guten und wer die Bösen? Früher oder später wird Katy eine An ...more
Published December 18th 2015 by Carlsen Verlag (first published August 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Origin - Schattenfunke, please sign up.
Marco Baiocco Good for you. What's the question?
Good for you. What's the question?
I didn't, the first two where definitely better. There is too much smoochies and useless "love language" for a good novel, this is starting to look too much like those crappy love novels for girl teenagers...(less)
Anastasia The first book is called obsidian , the second is called onyx ,the third is called opal and there is this book and the fifth book there is also a 0.5…moreThe first book is called obsidian , the second is called onyx ,the third is called opal and there is this book and the fifth book there is also a 0.5 in the beginning called shadows (less)

Kris-10
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

Initial Reaction: I just finished the book..... and I'm speechless..... that ending..... Daemon...... I can't....... I can't even...... asdfghjkl;

Okay, I'm going to attempt to 'review' this book and refrain from too much fangirling. First of all, I think it's obvious that I absolutely loved it! So much stuff happened and it was so action-packed! But there were also really beautiful, tender moments between Daemon & Katy. Which leads me to.... Daemo
Boyanna

Warning: this contains foul language and also tiny spoilers!!!

For those of you who don't know what this book is about: this book is about rubbing and also groping.

There were literally 3 chapter about them (ahem) enjoying each-other! 3 CHAPTERS noting happened except them lying in bed! and then there were 2 more of them walking through Vegas and thinking about FEELINGS.

There might have been some descent action scenes somewhere around the end, but I was so fed up of this book by then, i skip-re
Alexis *Reality Bites*
AUGUST?? HOLD.. WHEN DID THE RELEASE DATE GET PUSHED BACK A MONTH????

photo tumblr_inline_mlp743JVXa1qz4rgp_zps820ae703.gif

SERIOUSLY.

photo tumblr_inline_mju4wip1QG1qz4rgp_zps498f2d13.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Me after reading Opal:

FREAKING JULY..... REALLY????? Photobucket I'll take it.
That's better than waiting a whole year.

LORD HELP ME GET THROUGH...

Photobucket

Blake you are officially PUBLIC ENEMY #1. And since your a fictional character there is only one thing I can do about that...

Photobucket

Daemon, my sweet sweet Daemon,
I. NEED. YOU. TO. MAKE. SURE. Blake has an excruciati
Etnik
5 FULLY FREAKING STARS!!!

I was so thrilled to read this one because we waited a lot for this one.And when I got it in my heads I couldn't leave it.It was such a cool book and the ending was mind blowing, that great.

Me while reading the book :

“As close as you’re riding me, man, I feel like I need to take you out to dinner or something. At least, I should get your name.” He punched in a floor number, smirking.
“People call me Archer.”

[image error]

“Oh shit. ET just phoned home.”

Mountain View

“Me and Katy look
xrysa
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daemon and Katy

“There's only one thing I want."
"And that is?"
"I want to see Kat."
Nancy's smile didn't fade. "And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?"
"Anything," I said without hesitation, and I meant it. "I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first and I want to see her now.”

I waited so long to read this book and I have to admit that it was way better than I expected it to be.I can easily say that Jennifer is my favorite author.The worlds that she creates,the characters and the st
"That's All" Ash
 photo download1-15.jpg

photo 13644052.jpg

photo tumblr_lm70wxCu3N1qjsbewo1_500.gif

Jennifer Armentrout is…

a big fucking deal.

You know it.
I know it.

This woman has a manic talent with words! And plot twists. And dialogue. And skyscraper-sized cliff-hangers. And heart-splintering moments. And her characters… LAWD! Her characters…

***Daemon Black is everything that has ever been my favorite thing.***

And she does all of this is such an effortless way. It’s almost like she’s having a conversation with each and every one of her readers when she writes a book. Because she makes sure
Lucia
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Origin is a turning point in Lux series. This is not a childlish game anymore. Everything is more dangerous and more serious than ever before. Everyone had to pick sides and say goodbye to the content life they once had known. Full of action, Origin is the best part in series so far!

My Daemon:

My Katy:

I loved dual POV. In this book, Daemon is in his best confident-self. He is snarky. He is determined. He will do ANYTHING to get his Kitten back. I absolutely loved how badass Daemon was in this ins
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥
"I will also confirm this: The last two books in the series that are currently untitled are in dual POVs (Daemon and Katy). There you go." - Jennifer L. Armentrout

AHHHHHH, YIPPIIIIIIiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!

i can't breath..

Wendy Higgins
OMGosh!!!!!!!
I am so in love with this series - this book in particular. I feel so many emotions for it right now. This story world just keeps getting better and better, and I keep loving Daemon and Katy more and more.
So amazingly awesome. Jen's writing is spectacular. So much yum.
Oh, and don't get me started on how cool it is to have a literary reference to my book in this novel!!!!! How freaking surreal is that??? EEEK!!!
I give this book off-the-charts stars. Can't wait to see what Jen has in
Kadbury
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EDIT: The story finally progresses and there's something different happening. The last book seemed pointless but this does not. Can't wait for the end

" There are two more books after Opal and like I said on release day, those two books (yet untitled) will be in dual POVs-- Daemon and Katy. "
OFFICIALLY FROM JEN'S BLOG
LINK: http://jenniferarmentrout.blogspot.in...

DID I READ DUAL POV?

That means there are going to be scenes from Daemon's POV!

DAEMON'S POV

The Third book hasn't even come out yet bu
Katerina
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh fudgemonkeys,I feel like I just read a combination of X-Men,Star Wars and Richelle Mead's Bloodlines with a hint of dystopia (experiments on humans and all) and scorching romance!Yet Jennifer L. Armentrout created something unique and utterly hers.The woman is brilliant!Brilliant.

“I'd take out an army,burn down an entire city,and throw the world into chaos if I had to in order to keep Kat out of that place.”

And he did it.If you hurt Kat,you hurt Daemon,not because of their bond but due t
Claudia B.
Aug 15, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: accio

First things first.

1. We have a cover and a synopsis (don't know how I feel about the cover, though)

2. "... which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?"

WHAT. THE. WHAT

I seriously hope that doesn't mean what I think I means, Mrs. Armentrout. I don't know if my heart can survive a cliffhanger just like Opal's.

END OF EDIT

UPDATE

You can't seriously expect me to live without even a synopsis after that cliffhanger.

Reaction when I saw this:

Just like that.
Emma Giordano
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christy
5 I wanna make some alien babies with Daemon stars!!!

photo c9b25714-14f7-4292-aa58-425968237fd0_zpscfcafef6.jpg

After the crazy cliffhanger in Opal, we’ve all been (not so) patiently waiting to find out what happens with Daemon and Katy... one of my favorite fictional couples! I’ve been anxious to see how this one would turn out... if it would stack up to the rest of the series. It did! Amazing!

Daemon Black is on a mission to save the woman he loves and nothing and no one can stop him. He will do ANYTHING he has to do to be with Kat.

photo 545040f0-f19a-45f5-a5d4-dce1c365ba7b_zpsb779185c.jpg
“There's only o
Catarina
5 completely amazing stars!!

Okay. Let me breathe for a minute.
Or two.
Or twenty.

Damn.

description

This was SO.DAMN.GOOD!!

And I my nerves almost killed me, and I don’t know how it will possibly go from here, and I’m really afraid of what will happen with the next book because of its title and (view spoiler) and yeah… I’m rambling. Sorry. (I’m really not that sorry!)

description

Okay, this picks
Inna
Reviewed By Inna @ Inna's Little Bookshelves
So I basically had an aneurysm while waiting for this book to come out. With the cliffhanger in the last book I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. ( And also on Blake so I can strangle him.) This book just had so many reveals I think I still haven't been able to take all of the in.
** thinks about it*** nope still haven't
I think at this point it should be obvious I absolutely loved this book. It was really fast paced and there were some reall
Sabrina The Trash Queen
“There’s only one thing I want.”
“And that is?”
“I want to see Kat.”
“And what are you willing to do to accomplish that?”
“Anything,” I said without hesitation, and I meant it. “I will do anything, but I want to see Kat first, and I want to see her now.”

OKAY, OKAY, OKAY! Picking it up this series again after so much time was an INCREDIBLE DECISION that I am so happy that I made. ♥

(me the entire time reading this book).

✯This book was everything I was hoping for and more. The action, the writing,
Maliha
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I can tolerate 50% of this book being a history lesson about the "Origin" of aliens. I need Daemon to find Katy, like, within the first ten pages. Then, I need him to kick Bart/Flake/Ben/Buford (Blake)'s ass for me. Katy so should've told him about Blake's dirty sleepover habits!! Please don't become half a psycho like Beth, Katy!!

Okay, we got everything we usually want by the third book:
-villain dead
-Katy+Daemon did..."something" we were dying for
-Dawson and Beth back together
-D
Sandra
Rounding down to 3.5 stars because of the end.

This is me at the end of Origin...

tumblr lxd4gy8 LTK1r7swe6o1 400

That was such a stupid way to end the book.
For some of the readers it was a 'cliffhanger', but in my opinion it was (like i said) stupid and therefore i didn't like it.
So i was like...

whatever

315f2280 11be 41d7 85f1 b37bb5279a6a zps419c053e

And I’m not going to let you do this by yourself You’re my – everything, Kat

Origin starts off with a very pissed, sad, and heartbroken Daemon. Right were we left off in Opal (view spoiler)
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Daiane
I feel like in a really near future we will be out of characters...
Ramona

Before I start my review I just want to say that this is my favorite book from the series. After the incredible and heartbreaking cliffhanger we got in Opal, I was dying to get my hands on this one, because I was sure a lot of things will change in this story. And guess what? I was right..

So, we continue our adventure from exactly the point where Opal shattered out hearts. Katy was abducted my the Daedalus and nobody could do anything to save her. She was on her own now. At least their plan work
Maggie
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
❝Her stare burned me from the inside. I wanted to worship her. I needed to. Every inch.❞

I can finally and officially say that Katy and Daemon are one of my favorite couples! Even when Daemon was a douche and jerk to her in the beginning, he was actually like that for a reason and there were always reasons behind it. Even when he felt something for her and liked her in some way just didn't want to admit it or express it, it was sticking with him the whole time, he just had trouble showing it. J
Angela
Not really feeling the cover...
Sophia Triad
I'll burn the world down to save her.

EPIC! Truly impressive.

From where can I start telling you about this book?

First of all if you compare the first book of the series Obsidian with Origin, you will notice that the story has evolved exponentially:

1.The high school children are not children any more. They are young adults now. They hold their future in their hands, they take painful decisions, they proceed in life-changing actions.

2. The action will move from the little town and the school to s
Jeff
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I’m done.
Finished.

This whole series was just...*screams*

See, the author starts off this whole series with a hot, drop-dead sexy dude, so obviously I was into it. ;)

BUT NOW?

To all you readers, don’t worry, Daemon didn’t lose his hotness.
BUT THE PLOT WAS A COMPLETE UTTER FAIL.

JLA’s amazing, mind me, but in this series, she just kept on adding more and more problems to the story, but never actually solved any of them.

IT’S THE FOURTH FREAKING BOOK.

There needs to be a few solutions happening about no
Jurate
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So , because I like express my felings through gifs , I will do exactly that!

The most memorable moments :

tumblr mewvdj IIM71rknrf9o1 500

7. And Beth with Dawson
(view spoiler)
8. Oh and finally Matthew

And there was so many great moments just that I would add and add gif after gif..
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
And the O's continue!

Obsidian
Onyx
Opal
and now Origin!

I'm really surprised that it took me so long to notice this...

EDIT (AFTER READING OPAL):
*shakes fist angrily*
DARN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

EDITING AGAIN:
I don't like this cover...
1. it looks so different from the other covers.
2. It's one of those covers that make me embarrassed to buy the book...
Christine Riccio
BEST IN THE SERIES SO FAR. Here's my booktalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37FNG...
DW
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lux
Oh good Lord.. That was frigging fantastic!!

I can't believe the crazy shit that just went down!!!
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • Incendiary (The Premonition, #4)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Hover (The Taking, #2)
  • More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Opposition (Lux, #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.” 671 likes
“I want a years-worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up.” 552 likes