Start by marking “Would I Lie to You? (The Game Players, #1)” as Want to Read:
Would I Lie to You? (The Game Players, #1)

Would I Lie to You?

(The Game Players #1)

Software billionaire Marc Julian’s orderly life is shattered one night by a cyber-intrusion into his company’s servers. He’s always surrounded himself with the best people, but finding the culprit behind this might require a real expert...and sometimes it takes a thief to catch a thief.

Jesse Winchester and his team of “grey hat” hackers are suddenly available to Marc. Marc

Published April 24th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Would I Lie to You?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Would I Lie to You?

Baba
2 stars. DNF @50%

photo 11849208_zpsn5yrcnt1.gif

Due to personal reasons, I no longer review books that get less than three stars from me. In order that I can remember why a book didn't work out for me, I've decided to file them accordingly. Meaning, I had to extend my shelves substantially.

photo oie_2124246O65NEKKr_zpszxc0g4jv.gif

QUOTES FOR YOUR PERUSAL:

Beauty Worship

What had changed? How had this guy become… Jesse Winchester? The insanely gorgeous, solidly built, well groomed, elegantly tailored man who had just been in his office.

OK, he told himself. The bug exist
Bey Deckard
I’m gonna start by saying that Vance has a smooth storytelling voice, and the writing and I were a good fit. I’ve been meaning to check out some of his books ever since someone said to me, and I quote: “Holy shit, that man writes butcher than you do.”

Colour me intrigued.

I picked up this one because I enjoy hacker stuff and the premise sounded interesting… and you know what? It was great. This was a smart, funny, and sexy read. The sex was well-written and hot. I liked the pop culture reference
Aerin
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, part-of-a-series
This might be the case where it's not the book, it's me. I couldn't get into it, I was waiting for it to get better and better, to suck me in and make me part of that world. And I waited in vain because that never happened.

I disliked the flash backs each character had as it they were quite long, and you're not warned it's a damn flashback. It's just there, and I had to figure it out by myself that the story wasn't happening in the present time. And there's also no warning or hint the the flashb
JR
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: the universe
Jesse Winchester, brilliant criminal, used by his ex, landing him in prison as the fall guy. Marc Julian, astute business man, used by his ex, costing him, his business. Both men are extremely smart, aggressive business men, on both sides of the law. Jesse and Marc come together to take down a group of wealthy men that have deep ties into government local and national. For the first time, these two men have found the person "that gets them", their soul-mate in all sense of the word. What follow ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bgirls, ebook, bdsm-d-s, mm

A review by The Blogger Girls.

This first book in a new series had it all for me. I was captivated from the start and wanted to know all the details of just about every aspect. I will admit I was a tiny bit lost at times with all the cyber details – coding is so not my thing. Even the coding on the blog makes my head spin, but here, I had no trouble following along and almost felt as though I wanted to be part of the team.

Marc is awesome. He managed to bounce back from an early betrayal that left
Plainbrownwrapper
Sep 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
The writing in this book is intelligent, but I gotta say my favorite part of the whole book is still the cover photo. That guy is still too adorable.

The book itself -- intelligent, but it didn't make me care. I'm not much into BDSM in the first place, which isn't Vance's fault, but he didn't make me care about the relationship or the characters. And way too much time spent on the respective backstories, as opposed to the interactions between the characters. And too much depended on each characte
Dan
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anyone can say I Love You, as easily as they say I’m Sorry. Holy hell, people say it all the time, to people they barely even know, people they met once, a year ago. But of all the people to whom you say I Love You, to how many of them can you also say, I Trust You?

This, in my opinion, is Brads best book thus far. Six plus stars.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

*copy provided by author/publisher via Pride Promotions in exchange for an honest review*

When computer programmer and business owner, Marc Julian's company's computer system is hacked he hires, convicted felon Jesse Dillinger to find his hacker, and the whereabouts of his stolen software. There is an instant attraction, but can these two men let their guard down enough to trust one another, to give this a chance?

Wow.. This was a very well written book. It was a story of mystery, suspense, and
Mark
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-fiction
Life with the high rollers, where the stakes are high and the sex is hard. This was a great industrial espionage thriller and shows us at least the next war to come could quite well be a virtual one.

Loved the whole idea of this story with many twists and turns that I can honestly say I didn’t see coming but well thought out and nicely connecting so I never got the feeling I was lost at any stage.

Marc is a billionaire and co-owner of a software company. This man is your typical alpha male as far
J
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Having read Vance's entire collection at this point, I find it hard to reconcile the master of short-form slap-and-spank with this writer of longer narratives, who takes the time to build the characters, place them in a fully-conceptualized milieu, and let the magic happen. I've picked up the habit of highlighting phrases that, with minimal wording, convey many of the textures that make Vance's character so enjoyable.

For example, as an introduction to how Marc's personality impacts his personal
Veronica of V's Reads
Marc Julian's been burned before. A bipolar software programming savant, Marc's first company was bankrupted when his partner walked off with the venture capitalist's money. He never forgave Walt, who used and abused him, but Marc grew up a lot in the process of rebuilding his fortunes. Now CEO of Imperat, he uses his genius to devise programs that assist mankind. He has a new empathy for people and has developed steady relationships, though he never dates. He has a bond with a discreet escort w ...more
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

If, like me, you are a reader that likes an intriguing plot, one that keeps you on your toes and keeps dropping surprise after surprise, then you will love Would I Lie To You!

Marc Julian owns a software company that has made him a billionaire. He is not your usual CEO and he has built a team around him that he both trusts and respects. Marc learnt the hard way about offering his trust too easily which is why his team are so important to him. His ideas are visionar
CrabbyPatty
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Whew ..... what a book! Fantastic plot focusing on corporate cyber crime / white hat hacking, more than a twist of revenge, and two smokin' hot MCs, plus an interesting cast of side characters (many of whom I hope get their own book soon).

It's a mark of Vance's excellent writing skills that along the way you realize you've learned an awful lot about cyber crime and hacking, without feeling you're reading a lecture. And Marc and Jesse's backstories are flawlessly inserted along the way to enrich
Elizabeth
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
ALERT: This book has D/S theme. I read a lot of good reviews for this book and it wasn't bad but it was not for me. Im giving it 3 stars because I really cant pick it apart and say the story was bad or that the writing wasn't good. This is a 5 star book probably for people interested in plotting/revenge/cat and mouse games/dom and sub games. Its obvious when reading this book the author did a lot of research and planning to execute it, I'm objective enough to point all that out but I just didn't ...more
Lachi
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was intrigued from the first page. Loved Marc right away and then along came Jesse. Their chemistry was instant and hotter than Hell. I really enjoyed the evolution of Marc's relationship with Ryan and how it opened him to the possibilities with Jesse. Two very sexy men and a wickedly delish story. Can't wait for book two and to find out more about Ryan and his new interest.
dbbks3
Great chemistry between these two MCs. They were smart. They were sexy. They were too good to be true but I loved them. I loved the cover.
B
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audibles
This audio was very entertaining, exellent narration. Very good premise in to the coputer hacking world, it kept me listening in one sitting.
This storie had a very light touch of D/s
I wish it had more.
The main charters were so interesting I
hoped they would make them shine a bit more.
I loved how being bipolar was used in this storie , also I would had love the main characters sex scenes where a bit more extended specially the D/s.
Overall this was a very good storie and a great narration.
looking f
Vance Bastian
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Here’s why you’re going to buy and read a copy of Would I Lie to You? right now. The plot will tickle your paranoia-bone. The message will make you slow the hell down and really savor all of the tastes of your life. The sex will get you hot. Most of all, you will believe the character’s weaknesses and motives. For those of you with little time, that’s the short version. If you’re resisting and need one final quick reason, then do it because I told you to.

If you are willing to comply with the sto
M.A.
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Whoa, get ready for some major twists and turns lol! They’ll make your head spin, but by God you’ll love every minute of it. Very rarely have I read a book where the attraction between the two main characters (Marc and Jesse) affects me so deeply. You can’t help but pull for them.

Marc Julian owns a software company which has made him filthy rich lol. The man is very involved in his company too. The team he’s built has earned his trusts and respect.

Jesse Winchester is an ex con who was sent to ja
Tracy Perry
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Job Brad!! I really enjoyed this book! It was amazing how quickly Marc & Jesse connected even though the had to fight it for awhile. They had great chemistry. I was iffy on Jesse, back & forth disliking & liking him, haha. But loved Marc right away, Ryan too :) Can't Wait to read more about him! Dang Cliffhangers Brad!! :/ So can't wait to see what happens next!!
Shaztwirl
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very Well Done.

It astounds me, the level of knowledge and research that must go into writing a book like this. I'm no computer expert but the author managed to translate all that computer jargon into a very exciting and understandable story for us lay folk. Very much looking forward to tucking into book 2.
Marinieves
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good book. Enough intrigue and mystery with great character development.
booklover
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THis one is definitely 1 of my favourites by Brad !!! Absolutely loved it !
Lila Hunter
A really interesting story. It was more than a simple M/M Romance with a BDSM plot. It was an intelligent and enticing read.
Rayanvar
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yes, we can!

Intelligent and entertaining, mature, masculine and versatile – that is how I would describe “Would I Lie To You”, Brad Vance’s latest novel, in a few words. A very enjoyable reading that kept me downright “on the verge” till the end.

Set in nowadays US, the encounter of two brilliant minds with wounded souls and complicated characters amidst a plot development that bears elements of a political thriller between corporate espionage and ordinary crime is a dramatic, however refreshin
K
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I’ve read anything by Brad Vance, and it won’t be the last. Would I lie to you, was an amazing story with an in-depth plot and storyline. It kept me on the edge of my seat and glued to the pages, until the end.

Marc Julian is full of surprises. As the story begins, Marc is in the middle of a very intense Dom/sub scene when he gets a call that his company computer system has been hacked. At first glance you may think Marc is meek and mild, someone who likes to take orders,
Aimee
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF
Daniele
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Did not finish

The book was ok, but I'm not into humiliation. If you're into it, great, it's just nmk. I couldn't get past that past of the book.
Lulu
3.5* It was fun and engaging not what I've expected.
Cathy Brockman
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, favorite-authors
: I loved this cover and the blurb above really sounded interesting and I was eager to read this book. When I first began I had to go back and make sure I had the right blurb for the book because it began with Marc licking Ryan’s boots and Ryan is a high class very expensive escort. (Think thousands not hundreds of dollars a night or evening).
Soon though, Marc got a call and had to go to his office where he had been hacked. His security manager recommended someone unorthodox. This is where Jess
« previous 1 3 next »

• Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)
  • Dominque (Knights to Remember)
  • Caged Sanctuary
  • The Road Home
  • Clouded Hell
  • This Isn't Me (Hard to Love #3)
  • Reaching the Edge (Tales from the Edge, #1)
  • Touchdown (Game Day #1)
  • Cowboys & Vampires (Venom Valley #1)
  • Change of Address
  • My Cowboy Promises (The Cowboys, #4)
  • The Struggle Within
  • Dom of Ages (Collars and Cuffs, #7)
  • Heart
  • Staged (Belonging, #3)
  • Absinthe of Malice (Sinners, #5)
  • Pure (Pure, #1)
  • Forever Mine (Rescue Inc. #2)
Brad Vance is the author of over twenty books. He's hard at work on the sequel to Stabitha. Keep up with Brad at BradVanceAuthor.com, or email him at BradVanceAuthor@gmail.com.

The Game Players (2 books)
  • Strength in Numbers (The Game Players, #2)