Start by marking “Port of Refuge (Storm Ketchum Adventures #2)” as Want to Read:
Port of Refuge (Storm Ketchum Adventures #2)

Port of Refuge

(Storm Ketchum Adventures #2)

Welcome to PORT OF REFUGE - another light and quirky island mystery steeped in Outer Banks culture, from the author who took you to PORT STARBIRD.

Storm Ketchum, a damaged emigre to Hatteras Island on North Carolina's Outer Banks, generally prefers to stay close to home and mind his own business - but he unexpectedly finds himself entangled with a cult-like coven of modern-
Published May 30th 2015 by TBD Press (first published April 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Port of Refuge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Port of Refuge

Curly's Ramblings
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent second story with great character, plot, and storyline development. The story kept my interest the entire time with Ketch, Kari, and the gang as they get entangled into another mystery. The audio narrator did a fantastic job. This book can be read on its own but I'd recommend reading The books in order.
Jan
The previous adventure is slipped into this one so that there are no serious gaps in understanding the characters or their bonding, and although the first one was good, this one is even better. The story line is different from most, the location is not ordinary either, and the characters certainly are. The publisher's blurb gives hints and there is no need for spoilers, but that can't begin to prepare you for all the suspense and laughs. Excellent read!
I have it in Whispersync, and I think that
Michelle VanDaley
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
My review is based on the Audiobool. Port of Refuge was an enjoyable story with a steady pace. I like how the Author incorporates the history of the Outer Banks into his tale and since I have visited that area some things were familiar to me which made it all the more interesting. Bob Johnson's narration brought the characters to life and I was able to distinguish between them easily which I like. I will definitely be purchasing more of both Author and Narrators work in the future. I was given a ...more
Angelique McGowan
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What great writing!!!

Love this second book! The tale was once again well thought out and engaging! I am a real pagan witch and hesitant to read at first, but love when the bad or gals get their due! Thanks for a fun read!
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not Kindle Unlimited, have read 1 & 2, probably freebies from somewhere.

PORT STARBIRD: A Storm Ketchum Adventure (Storm Ketchum Adventures Book 1)
PORT OF REFUGE: A Storm Ketchum Adventure (Storm Ketchum Adventures Book 2)
THE PORT FEE: A Storm Ketchum Adventure (Storm Ketchum Adventures Book 3)
THE STORM KETCHUM ADVENTURES: Volumes 1 & 2
THE STORM KETCHUM ADVENTURES: Volumes 1-3

AN OLDE CHRISTMAS CAROL: A Storm Ketchum Tale (Storm Ketchum Tales Book 1) - THE SAD BLUE BOAT: A Storm Ketchum Ta
Lynda
May 30, 2017 added it
A very interesting plot, developed around very unique characters. The story moves along a good pace, and is over too quickly. If you like tales with lots of interesting tidbits of information in them you'll love this collection. A great way to pass the time.
Julia Dawn Mason
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a trip this book was!

Reading this book was a trip into spying, grave robbing and everything in between. Pets were treated humanely and not hurt in this tale.
Don Childrey
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this second book about Ketch, Kari, and their ragtag gang of friends. Being familiar with the Outer Banks setting and the main characters made this a fast, fun read. Port of Refuge can stand alone, but reading Port Starbird first adds a lot to the experience. Looking forward to more from Mr. Dennis!
Kitty_ranma
Audio version.
Overall 3 out of 5 stars
Performance 2 out of 5 stars
Story 4 out of 5 stars
Fun, exciting book.
It strikes me that there doesn't seem to be a explanation for the stars that are given. So I thought I'd start giving my take on it.
1 horrible no redeeming qualities. So far I've never given a 1.
2 blah but there are redeeming qualities.
3 ok worth reading.
4 great but there's something off.
5 loved it.

So now about this story. It took me awhile to get through this, (See what I had to say about
William Babcock
Elinor Rescoe
Jul 13, 2017
FangirlNation
Apr 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Port of Refuge by Garrett Dennis picks up where Port Starbird left off, as Storm Ketchum works to recover from a hurricane that set his house adrift. Deciding to buy a houseboat, he sets up  home along with his girlfriend Kari, back in the small fishing town of Avon, North Carolina. Soon after their move, Kari gets word that her great-aunt has passed away after joining a Wiccan group. The funeral strikes Ketch as strange, especially since the group seemed to have spiked the punch with drugs and ...more
Book Promotions: Kindle Countdown Deal! 1 3 Jun 23, 2015 08:24PM
99 cent Bestsellers: Kindle Countdown Deal! 1 3 Jun 22, 2015 05:20AM
Goodreads Authors...: *** 99-CENT MYSTERIES *** 1 3 May 20, 2015 06:16AM
Goodreads Authors...: *** 99-CENT MYSTERIES *** 1 1 May 20, 2015 06:15AM
Book Promotions: *** 99-CENT MYSTERIES *** 1 3 May 20, 2015 06:13AM
99 cent Bestsellers: *** 99-CENT MYSTERIES *** 1 5 May 20, 2015 06:12AM
Goodreads Authors...: New Storm Ketchum Adventure Available 1 6 Apr 18, 2015 06:58PM

Storm Ketchum Adventures (2 books)
  • Port Starbird (Storm Ketchum Adventures #1)