Start by marking “Lemon Sting” as Want to Read:
Lemon Sting

Lemon Sting

Margaret works at a restaurant, living life day by day, trapped in a routine that never seems to end. Lee works at an old electronics store where he is frequently bored out of his mind. After Margaret breaks routine one night and goes out to a club, she shows up at neighbor Lee's apartment, drunk enough to remember almost nothing. When she discovers that a friend she left ...more
Published April 17th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Lemon Sting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lemon Sting

Stacy Fetters
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"You're on your way Lee.
He was sure he was, he was sure he was on his way to Nurse Ratched's wet dream."
Received an ebook from the author for a totally honest rad review!!
This book will blow your mind... literally. Pow! Pow! Pow!
Magaret... or shall we call her Lizzy is carrying a huge secret around with her. She escaped a life of crime and moved on with her life while looking over her shoulder. Got a job at a restaurant and moved into a crummy apartment to try to live a normal life.
Her next
Collin Henderson
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I know the author, and he's a pretty cool guy. Put a lot of effort into this book and despite a few issues like pacing near the end, he thinks it turned out pretty dope.
Sasha
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
The author offered me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I am rating it a 3.5, rounding it up to 4 stars. Being a debut work I'm cutting some slack that I wouldn't to an established author (and award about one star less), but I feel that the author has potential and the idea was quite original but was lacking in its execution.

The story starts with two protagonists, Margaret and Lee. They live in a dingy block, their apartment doors facing each other on the hallway. They
Yvonne (It's All About Books)
brlemonsting
Finished reading: November 4th 2016
Rating 4qqq

*** A copy of this novella was kindly provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Mike Nemeth
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
With "Lemon Sting," author Collin Henderson has created a tale of crime fiction in the spirit of Jim Thompson, gritty and raw. His characters troll the lowest economic tiers where survival means at least some sort of awareness and association with underworld workings. Protagonist Margaret is hardscrabble. She's distant, maybe deep and definitely wary. She goes out one night and gets so wasted she has no idea what happened. Somehow she winds up at her neighbors door. His name is Lee. He's been ex ...more
Jessica Washak
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It’s an age old question:

How well can you really know someone? You might be able to gauge how they tend to act, or perhaps they’ll share with you some childhood anecdotes… But what about all the other blanks that figure into the giant equation of the human identity? In this debut novella by Collin Henderson, we see what happens when the blunt force of reality busts the romantic illusion that we actually want to know these things.

When the well-meaning Lee takes an interest in his neighbor Margar
Sharon Benham
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: asked-to-read
I was asked to read this for free for an honest review.

The pace is very good for this book. You get to know Lee, who lives in the same apartment block as Margaret. She has quite a few issues and he finds himself trying to help her when she appears at his door. What follows is a rollercoaster ride of a story.

I very rarely give a 5 star review. But I was making my way through the chapters and then .....WHAM!

The last few 'chapters' had me on the edge of my seat.

A really great read. I can't wait
Garmai
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I thought this book was deep and mystifying and I loved how the author changed viewpoints from character to character. It was also extremely dark but I believe that that just adds to the suspense that is built throughout the whole book. So ya, I'd highly recommend Lemon Sting to anyone who enjoys suspense and character plot twists. This was the authors first book so read it and rate it!!
K.M. Alleena
is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2019
Allie Henderson
Jun 15, 2019
Collin's interest in writing started when he was young with books such as Goosebumps and since then, he hasn't looked back. Those early days have affected his preferences and interests, as he now writers about the weird, the dark, the funny, and sometimes a combination of the three.

He is the author of two books: the first is a crime novella called Lemon Sting and the second is a short horror stor
“And the thing about threats is that most of them are empty, nothing more than smoke in the breeze.” 0 likes