Start by marking “Falling for His Best Friend (Out of Uniform, #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling for His Best Friend (Out of Uniform, #2)

Falling for His Best Friend

(Out of Uniform #2)

Avery Yeung’s biological clock just went off early. Thanks to her family’s medical history, she’s running out of time to get knocked up. And the only guy within donating distance? Her overprotective—and irritatingly hot—best friend. So clearly she needs an anonymous donor…

Anonymous donor? Over Sheriff Drew Flannery’s dead body. While daddyhood will never be in
Published May 19th 2015 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Falling for His Best Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for His Best Friend

Kristen
3 Stars

Cute, simple and steamy friends-to-lovers contemporary romance. I love these "Brazen" romances. They make for a great afternoon read.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Holy shit. Whatever he'd expected when he'd agreed to this thing, it wasn't THIS. He'd just had sexy with Avery. His best friend and partner in crime, the one person in this world who knew all his secrets.
And worst of all, he wanted to do it again.

Ever since Drew and Avery were first introduced in In Bed with Mr. Wrong I just knew they'd be one of my favorites in the series. And youclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Geri Reads
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well this was quite enjoyable. It’s no secret that I love this trope and Falling For His Best Friend delivered on the steam and the storyline between best friends Avery and Drew.

Avery found out that she has the genetic marker for the cancer that killed her mother and rendered her sister unable to bear children. So before taking preemptive measures against cancer that might render her unable to have children, Avery sets out to get pregnant. All she needs is a donor.

Drew Flannery has always been
Beverly
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 Stars

The story begins with us meeting Avery. Her family has a history of cervical cancer and she carries the gene. After seeing her mother die, her sister undergo a hysterectomy at a young age, Avery decides to take matters into her own hands. She is aware her time is running out and decides to find a sperm donor to father her child. She isn’t married, but desperately wants to be a mother.

When she announces this to her best friend, Drew, he freaks out. He doesn’t want another man in Avery’s li
Kim Bailey
Katee Robert knows how to write some pretty sweet and totally steamy moments.

This is a really good friends turned lovers romance. The approach to this one is a bit out of the ordinary & I appreciated that a lot.

Of course there was a ton of angst thrown in for good measure. And some cheesy, yet perfectly suited moments as well. And one totally hot scene involving a cop in uniform and handcuffs. Wow!

Overall, a nice way to spend a few hours. Perfect for any Brazen fan.
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Calling all romance addicts, if you are a big fan of friends to lovers stories like myself, then Katee Robert's newest release, Falling For His Best Friend is the book for you. And what is refreshing about this new book is that Ms. Robert was able to add romantic diversity into the story. In this day in age, I love when authors showcases interracial romance. It proves and reminds us all love has no bounds and sees no color. And to have a leading heroinereview
[image
Claire Robinson
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 - "It was a good five percent." Stars!

Another absolutely stellar addition to Katee Robert’s Out of Uniform series, Drew and Avery have been present through the first two books as the couples that have eventually got together in them have all been friends.

”Say what you need to say, Flannery, or shut it.”

The synopsis pretty much gives you the rundown of this story, but as you can expect being best friends and stepping into the ‘hot and heavy’ zone, for any reason is going to come with its pitfalls. And Drew and Avery together working thorughfriends.
”Say
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*Complimentary ARC received from publisher via Netgalley*

3.5 ★

I admit, I'm confused every time I read one of Katee's books. While they end up mostly just right of middle of the road for me, I can't help but keep coming back for more. I suppose while the execution is not always stellar in my mind, there is something in her story lines that always pulls me in, all the time.

This trope, the childhood friends to lovers, while not new, appears to be a fave flavour among writers recently, along with/>3.5
Maria
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Drew & Avery were best friends since first grade.

photo eeb0b096f6a35ec76e0e181bbd6d624a_zpsclts28og.jpg

"Avery Yeung, I've loved you since that day in first grade when you punched me in the face, and that love has only grown over the years..."

4 "put a ring on it" stars!
Janey
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, arc, entangled
ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review..

3.5 Yes, officer stars

This story follows a familiar line of best friends to lovers, and having met Drew and Avery in In Bed With Mr Wrong, we’re aware of their madcap schemes and the close friendship they share.

Avery Yeung has had a medical shock, which could affect her ability to have children. With that in mind, she makes the big decision to invoke the services of an anonymous donor, and attempt pregnancy and raising a child on her own.

When Sheriff Drew Flannery hears
Lindsay
This book was everything I love about friends-to-lovers stories. One of the things I love most about this sub-genre of romance is the connection and history between the characters. All of that was there with this book.

I loved Avery and Drew. I loved their friendship and the fact that Drew was so in love with her, and so much in denial that he didn’t recognize that fact. Well of course, that led to some really funny and touching situations. Not to mention that this book was seriously hot! It all
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

When I finally cracked open the pages of Falling for His Best Friend I knew this would become a fast favorite, but I didn’t realize the characters would feel so familiar…until I realized I had met them before! So I went to Goodreads confused and noticed that I had tried to read book one, In Bed with Mr. Wrong in February 2014! Apparently I DNFed it and never tried to pick it up again. So now I am determined to pick it back up and see how it compares to Falling for His Best Friend. But moving on…to
Rebecca
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its embarrassing to admit, but I actually didn't mean to read this book. I meant to read In bed with Mr Wrong, which is the book before this, but in a moment of stupidity I started reading this one instead. I could of stopped when I realised my mistake, but I already liked it , so I decided to carry on and work backwards , wild woman that I am:)

This was an impressive friends to lovers story, that had more depth than I expected. Avery and Drew have been best friends since they were ki
Avery is facing a difficult decision, she always wanted children but certain factors are against her and unless she has a baby soon she knows she'll miss her chance completely. She had hoped to be in a settled relationship before she reached this point but after several years of being almost permanently single she knows she has to take matters into her own hands and decides to seek the help of a fertility clinic and an anonymous sperm donor. Drew is horrified when he hears about her plans, he wo ...more
Danielle (Love at First Page)
I've been reading more and more of these Brazen romance titles, especially when I feel worn out on Young Adult and need something sexy and on the shorter side. Thankfully, after a rough weekend, I had one on my Kindle for review, and couldn't resist something I hoped would put a smile on my face and make me swoon.

Falling for His Best Friend is my first Katee Robert book, and for the most part it's enjoyable. Avery Yeung and Drew Flannery have been best friends since they were kids, and while there's
Carmen Rae

Katee Robert is one of those authors you always know you will end her books with a few wet panty moments and a big smile and this one was the perfect companion for a rainy afternoon in.

We met Drew and Avery in the first out of uniform book and I was so glad to see them get their own story.

I was expecting a light and fluffy friends to forever story, what I got instead was a lot more emotion and a story line that had me wondering how it was going to play out while opening the door for a few of
Cocktails and Books
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books.

This is the first book I have read of Katee Robert’s and while I enjoyed it I did have a few concerns.  I do recognize that this is the second book in the Out of Uniform series and that may be part of it.

The story is about Avery and Drew best friends since childhood.  Avery finds out she has the genetic markings for ovarian cancer, which both her sister and mother had in the past.  Since having children in the future won’t b
Kathie (katmom)
Happy Release Day!

I like the best friend to lovers trope, and Ms. Robert did an excellent job with it here. Drew and Avery have been close for years. There was that one moment where they almost took their relationship beyond friends, but they were both worried about losing their friendship if it didn't work out. So they let the moment pass.

Now that Avery is taking steps to have a baby, without benefit of a relationship, Drew can't stand the idea. There is no way he's going to let her do this alone.
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, not-pov
This was waiting for me on my kobo app. I apparently had it removed from my kobo because it's in third person pov and not in first.

Still I liked this idea and I started it and it's also a short one so that's a good thing too. First I was a bit confused about the title but now I get it.

So Avery wants to have a baby, but doesn't have a boyfriend or man in her life. Besides her best friend Drew, but they were really best friends without the benefits. Now Drew just can't stan
Soonya
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. It was light, steamy, and funny. Great story about friends to lovers.

Safety gang(view spoiler) ...more
Helen Dempsey
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a brilliant best friend romance story, not mushy like a typical romance. This book had the right amount of sexual content. The only negative I have about this book is that it lacked passion and .. suspense.
To me it was a small bit bland but still an excellent book to bring to bed
ShoSho
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: elib, x-2017, contemporary
Meh!
Jessica
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, reviewed
I adored Katee's In Bed With Mr. Wrong last year, so I was excited to pick up Drew and Avery's story in Falling For His Best Friend. We got to see their scheming side in the first book and we already knew how well they worked together. In this book, we get to see the two realize their feelings of friendship are developing into something more... something that could complicate everything.

I am such a fan of best friends to lovers stories and I really enjoyed this one. Drew and Avery have b
Tory Michaels
Aug 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This was a great book. I liked the use of Avery's Asian background to help set the tension between the hero and heroine. While I've seen characters with non-good-ol'American backgrounds, this is one of the best uses of such a background I've seen. I really enjoyed Avery.

Sheriff Drew...now why can't I have a hunky sheriff like him to want to make me pregnant (well, other than the fact that I love my actual husband and have three children already, but, besides that point...).
seton
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Genre: Category Romance
Pages: 160

DNF @ 58%

Male BFF decided to help h with her biological clock.
seton decided to pop her Katee cherry.

It was okay. Nothing worth mentioning beyond that the h is Chinese. I could have finished it if I forced myself, but it wouldnt have affected my life whether I did or didn't since I am not planning to read this author again. So, I didn't.
Jamie
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was ok, but the h forgave the H waaaay too easily in the end IMO
Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Avery has a family history of cancer that will affect her chances of having children if she leaves it too late, so she’s determined to beat the clock and fall pregnant before her 28th birthday. When she tells her best friend, Drew, of her plans to have a baby via a sperm donor, he’s adamant that it’s going to be his baby she carries so that he can support her and the baby whenever they need it. Of course his other reason is that he’s despe
Lindy
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

Falling for His Best Friend is the first book that I've read by Katee Robert, and let me tell you it was one very hot Brazen Romance! Even though this is a series, Falling for His Best Friend can be read as a standalone.

This steamy story is told from the dual perspectives of main characters, Avery Yeung, and sexy small town sheriff, Drew Flannery. Avery and Drew are best friends and have a very special and unique bond. Even though they both secretively share a
Christi Snow
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
My favorite trope right here...friends to lovers...and this book perfectly exemplifies why I love it so much.

Avery and Drew have been best friends since elementary school. They do everything together. They know everything about one another. They are there whatever and whenever to support one another. But Drew can't commit. He grew up with a neglectful, alcoholic father and he will never be the one to follow in his father's footsteps and hurt someone he loves. So he never lets hi
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 May 22, 2015 09:24AM

• Rules of Seduction (Serve, #7)
  • Tempted by the Soldier (Falling for You, #2)
  • Naughty Little Wishes (Birthday Dare, #2)
  • Once Upon a Dare (Risky Business #1)
  • Caught (Elite PR, #1)
  • Recipe for Temptation (Madewood Brothers, #4)
  • Playing for Her Heart (Gamers #2)
  • Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures, #3)
  • Exposed by Fate (Serve, #2)
  • Ask Me Nicely (Naughty or Nice, #2)
  • Midtown Masters (Sins in the City, #3)
  • To Tempt a SEAL (Sin City SEALs, #1)
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare, #1)
  • Slow Ride (Playing for Keeps, #1)
  • Tempting Her Fake Fiancé  (Gone Hollywood, #1)
  • Triple Dare (The Art of Seduction, #3)
  • Chance of a Lifetime (Anderson Brothers, #3)
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension." When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her child ...more

Out of Uniform (3 books)
  • In Bed with Mr. Wrong (Out of Uniform, #1)
  • His Lover to Protect (Out of Uniform, #3)
“The only time sex without strings works—and you already know what I think of that shit—is when you aren’t already in love with the woman before you go there.” 3 likes
“He’d just had sex with Avery. His best friend, his partner in crime, the one person in this world who knew all his secrets.” 2 likes