Start by marking “Three Lines” as Want to Read:
Three Lines

Three Lines

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Grace Black takes her love of poetic brevity and brings you a compilation for the soul. She weaves emotive verse and naked prose in a minimalist format and carries you on a journey through life, love, and loss of the heart.
Published May 1st 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Three Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Lines

Brett Milam
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This collection of ink splattered in brevity — three line poems — is dedicated to “you.” The “you” being anyone that’s experienced loss, heartache and pain, which makes reading this a surefire exhibit in bleeding monuments to those memories, as most people can relate to those emotions, I imagine.

The author, Grace Black, dabbles in the dichotomous pull of love: its ability to take and give pain in equal measure, as she noted in a recent interview.

Many of the three line poems are visceral, as she
William Mills
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yesterday, I received "Three Lines" by Grace Black.

I read the book in two days.
I'm not a big reader of books, I love them, but I just fall asleep generally when I'm reading. So, that deters me from reading a lot.

So, there you go on the time frame on how long it should take to read through her book.

The poems are short, just 3 lines as the title says. I recommend reading the book several times and pick out the ones you enjoy the most and reread them.

I found 32 poems that called
to me. I'll give
KT
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book of poetry may be small in size, but it does not lack heart and soul. Beautifully written three line poems speak literal volumes. Each of the poems are written as stand-alone pieces, yet they all flow together such perfect style and 'Grace'. Black's pen and paper make for an excellent union. She speaks from a true voice, and like the back of the book says 'a heart unedited.' The cover of the book itself is done in beautiful simplicity. Less really is more.

2 of my favorites from the boo
Mark
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love poetry and I enjoy reading it. When I came across this book, I decided to download it after reading all of the good reviews. I like the idea of having 3 line poetry. This is such a creative and unique concept, which is not like the other poetry books that I have read before in the past. I could tell that the author really unleashed her soul in this book and let the reader in to her deep inner thoughts. Not only is this book emotional, it also causes you to think about the prose and what i ...more
Bev Flynn
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Raw. Edgy. Succinctly smooth. Three Lines... packs individual themes of emotion on every page, with brevity... and brilliance.
Foy Iver
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stunning, bare, soul-dissolving. Black possesses incredible economy of words. Three lines is all she needs to capture, strip, and feed the mind.
Emily Livingstone
Jun 20, 2015
Firdaus
Oct 28, 2016
feebs
Oct 27, 2015
Grace Black
Apr 24, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: grace-black, poetry
Christina
Nov 17, 2016
Dawn  Green
Nov 12, 2018
Grace Black mingles with words as she navigates this realm.

“If you reveal everything, bare every feeling, ask for understanding, you lose something crucial to your sense of yourself. You need to know things that others don't know. It's what no one knows about you that allows you to know yourself.”
― Don DeLillo, Point Omega

NOTE: Also, I don't write romantic fiction with scantily clad men and/or wo