Start by marking “Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)

Vain

(The Seven Deadly #1)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  29,416 Ratings  ·  3,297 Reviews
Can be read as a standalone.

If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

Because mine
Published December 2012 by Fisher Amelie

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

STRUCK. SPEECHLESS.

This book took me on a beautiful journey. It moved me, took my breath away and kept me up all night. It was a well-written, powerful, and deeply moving YA story that absolutely broke the mold and was unlike anything I’d ever read. It blew me away! READ IT!

This is not your typical romance novel where girl meets boy and they just fall in love. Yes, this book has a beautiful love story, but its also about so. much. more.

Its about learning the true value of life, about the pri
Jenny Levine
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

You're so vain...
I bet you think this book is about you, don't you? Don't you?

NUH-UH! WRONG!
This isn't about you...

This is about her royalty,
SOPHIE PRICE.
[image error]

Who the hell is Sophie Price?!
Okay, let me tell you.

She is...
*SUPER RICH. GORGEOUS. FLAWLESS!
--> Every guy wants her. Every girl wants to be her.

Aside from that, she is also:
*QUEEN BEE.
*MANIPULATIVE LITTLE BITCH.
*SPOILED, REPULSIVE BRAT
*VICIOUS.
*VAIN VAIN VAIN!!!

What Sophie wants, Sophie gets.
She has people ten
Dd
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hello everyone!!

Who am I??

Let me tell you a bit about myself...

I am cruel and unrelenting.I manipulate,use,disrespect and take advantage of every person I call friend.

If you have a boyfriend...I am your worst nightmare!

Everything I own is skin tight because I have a body for it,and because it always gets me what I want.I love the way boys stare.I love the way they want me.It feels powerful.

I rule my elite world.But not because I am the wealthiest.

No,I rule because I am the hottest.

My light gold
Emily May

At this exact point as I'm writing this review, Vain has over 5000 ratings on goodreads and an average rating of 4.46.

4.46

Which is one of the highest average ratings I've ever seen on goodreads, particularly for a book that has so many readers. I'm telling you this because I want you to appreciate what a tiny minority I am in when I say that I was really disappointed with Vain. I'm going to tell you why in a second, but I think it's very important for you to know that many many people love thi
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
5 BRILLIANT STARS!

This truly is an amazing and inspiring book. It touched me like no other. It had me re-examining my life, my beliefs and my values. Let me try to explain why this book is such a gem.

It’s a book about vanity, one of the most widespread human weaknesses.

Is vanity a natural human trait or one that is brought on by society which pushes us to show off our physical appearance as if this increases our worth?

I mean, I like beauty and I admire it just like every other person. And I thin
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
5 Brilliant Stars!

I'm a sucker for a story with substance; one that's not afraid to show the raw, grittiness of a situation and invites you to dive deeply into its meaning. A story that can generously entertain while conveying a positive message...and I found all this and more in a book I least expected to...Vain.

Meet Sophie Price — she's beautiful, rich, self-centered, and (you guessed it) unbelievably vain. Her parents are wealthy, powerful, and completely neglectful and cold. Her father's mai
Richa
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like me?
Love me?
Want me?
Hate me?

Well, then darling, get in line...
There's a crowd waiting for me outside
See their faces??
They're dripping with hunger
For me
Me
And only me...

Love the way they want me
Love the way they chant my name
Love the way they can't get enough of me
Haven't you guessed it, darling??
I'm......

Navessa

I have no idea how this book was so highly rated by so many people. Yes the main character starts as a spoilt, selfish bitch with obvious self-hatred and a serious need to be brought down a few pegs. Yes she goes to Africa and learns valuable life lessons while becoming a 'better person'.

HOWEVER, I feel like the author read the wikipedia page about Joseph Kony when everyone was freaking out about him last year and that's as far as she went. Even though she describes several scenes centered on t
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
When you see the book's title, the cover and read the blurb briefly.. What do you think??

That Sophie Price is a bitch? Spoilt brat? Thinks the world is in her palm or that she can buy it with her credit card? Shallow, vindictive?...
WELL... Yes.. thats exactly how this book starts off... Sophie Price is a bitch..

Then you think that oh, she's a bitch but a hottie will walk in, sway her off her feet, they will fall in love and a bit of drama here and there then a HEA?
Well, you've got that bit wrong
Ana
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Vain was a truly wonderful book. Give it a try, it will surprise you.

photo 17e30d52fb2bb4cc7083d40518aabf5b46de9e77_hq_zpscsoqppob.gif
Lise *friends don't flag*
Masego means Blessings

description

Very Clever Ms. Fisher Amelie what a way to weave a young adult romance into something real, raw and so awful that many people have never heard of or care to. I hope more authors of young adult/new adult romance will take this model and write more stories with substance.
Ms. Fisher, in my opinion was able to combine the best ingredients of a typical love story and tie in some heavy life issues as well as true worldwide events into something that made me feel and fall deep
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Brilliant Stars...A Must Read!!

Vain is a well written young adult romance that not only guides a reader through Sophie Price’s journey of self-discovery but also brings the horror of real issues to light that should warrant our attention and action.

This story displays character development at its finest! Fisher Amelie’s writing brings you along the journey and has you feeling and connecting, laughing and crying right along with the characters.

Sophie Price...Vain, beautiful, spoiled, unhappy,
Natasha
This book was a beautiful and awe-inspiring romance - such a breath of fresh air...

Sophie is the epitome of vain - stinking rich & strikingly beautiful, but she flaunts her beauty and uses it to humiliate, manipulate & seduce everybody to do her bidding. She is the queen bee of her evil hive & sleeps with her friends' boyfriends and expects them to thank her for it.
“God, you are such a whiny brat. If he was willing to cheat on you so easily, he wasn't worth it. Consider it a favor
Natasha is a Book Junkie

There’s a proverb that says, “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” This is the truly beautiful story of a young woman’s journey from egocentricity to self-awareness, from having regard only for herself to being willing to sacrifice her own happiness fo
Christy
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I didn’t have any expectations for this book, I have never read anything by this author... but it blew me away! It was just an amazing story! It had me hooked from the every beginning. You fell in love with the characters, and the writing was just beautiful!

Vanity’s a debilitating affliction. You’re so absorbed in yourself it’s impossible to love anyone other than oneself, leaving you weak without realization of it. It’s quite sad. You’ve no idea with you’re missing either. You will never
La-Lionne
***1.5 decieving stars***

description

LIE! LIE! LIE! This is exactly what this story is about and how heroine is. She's angry, bitter, whoring around coldhearted bitch, who doe
Pam
4 stars

Can I just say DAMN totally unexpected….

As I read the first chapter, all I could think of was great, Sophie Price Queen bee of the rich and snobby, trust fund baby, who could care less what anyone think, actions be damned, she was the ultimate puppeteer. I was actually debating at one point if I should continue if all she is going to talk about is how much everyone loves her, follows her, wants her, is intimidated by her …

Sophie Price is V . A . I . N

but … the story takes off and took m
Claudia Ramírez
Three stars because I expected SO MUCH more. This book has so many good reviews and I was eager to read it, but it wasn't what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but not as much. Sophie is a good main character and Ian is a prince, but I didn't fall in love with them.

All in all, is a good read, but oh, it took me more than a week to finish, which is strange in me because I usually don't take that long, I was so desperate to finish it! And I insist, is a good book, but I don't know, it
J
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!

This was NOT what I was expecting at all.

By 25% in I was unsure what was happening, I don't think I have ever read a character like Sophie...

Then BAM!! I was taken on an amazing journey.

Sophie Price is Vain. In every sense of the word.
Vanity's a debilitating affliction. You're so absorbed in yourself it's impossible to love anyone other than oneself, leaving you weak without realisation of it. It's quite sad. You've no idea what you're missing either. You will never know real love and yo
Amy | Foxy Blogs
This is the story of Sophie (who is the epitome of spoiled) and Ian (who is selfless). They are brought together to serve others and learn what it means to live the most extraordinary life that wasn't planned for them.

"Why are you so happy?" "I am happy every day, Miss. I am alive and working. I have a roof. I can feed my brothers and sisters. I am very, very happy."

Sophie learns
description

Sophie is asked to make a promise:
"Promise me you'll give it all to God and let Him decide it for you. He'll gift
destini mia
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is by far one of the my favorite reads of 2013.

Sophie Price is... vain (hence the title). She has no care in the world, except for what she wants, and does anything and everything to get there. She has used every single person she has surrounded herself with and only has one true friend. She spends her days being the dutiful daughter and her weekends partying and doing drugs.
When she gets caught doing drugs a second time, she's sentenced to six months in Africa to volunteer at an orphanag
Duchess Nicole
Fisher Amelie just posted that if VAIN gets 200 Amazon reviews by tonight (1-13-13), she will post a scene from Ian's POV. If you reviewed, this, please copy and paste your review on Amazon!!!!

My review:...4.5 Stars!!!!!

"There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy."

And she fully admits it. Sophie Price is VAIN. Her identity comes from the clothes she wears, the money her parents
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Ash Wednesday
I'm not sure what happened. I read Vain 2 or 3 weeks ago (don't even remember now) and UHHHHH...didn't review the thing?

I'm sure that I have quotes marked in my copy, but the distance of time has me super lazy to care enough to go pull them up.

Condensed Review Version :

The cons -

Simplistic writing
Some minimal editing issues
Cringe-worthy start (almost DNF'ed) for the first few chapters (but I get the point the author was trying to make, so it's forgivable)
A character who unbelievably changed ove
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
SmileySorry, I hate to go against the general consensus but I found this book very average.

When I read the blup for this book I was really excited. I couldn’t wait for this super hot Alpha bitch to shake up my world. Unfortunately she was crying by page 6 and I realised I had been conned!

Sophie Price

photo vain_zps5df53b17.jpg
Now I realise that characters are supposed to have depth and dimension but come on! At least stick to your original synopsis for 1 chapter!

What this book is really about is Sophie, a beautiful, spoi
Jacqueline's Reads
Updated thoughts...

After reading Greed my perception of Vain has changed. It's a 5 star book. It truely is. It's gritty, raw and emotional.

5 Stars

”…you may lose hope in the sorrow of an unplanned life but as long as you have faith and trust in adoration, in affection, in love, that sorrow will turn to happiness. And that is a constant, dear…”

I agree with the reviews, VAIN is not your typical young adult romance novel, sure there’s a girl who meets boy, BUT VAIN IS.SO.MUCH.MORE.

Don’t read the
Jiana
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've wanted to read this book for years. The whole concept of the series is so interesting and creative and I'm glad I finally picked this up! It definitely did not disappoint. I loved Sophie's development; however, I would've liked to see just how vain and selfish she was at the beginning and before everything happened because we technically got like two scenes portraying that and the rest was more about the author telling us, not showing us. I loved Ian as well. The whole concept of the book w ...more
R.E. Hunter
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
4.5 Stars!!!

Let's just start right off the bat with that blurb! I don't know if I've ever read a synopsis that made me so desperate to read a book! I was hooked immediately and couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. But WOW, Vain was nothing like what I expected. I'm not sure even how to go about reviewing this book.

"Vanity's a debilitating affliction. You're so absorbed in yourself it's impossible to love anyone other than oneself, leaving you weak without realization of it. it's quite
*.Amaia.* BlackMagicRose
4 Learn-To-Love-Yourself STARS!!

Meet Sophie Price:

"I was "the green fairy". I flitted into your life, showed you ecstasy, and left you dependent. I did this for fun, for the hell of it, for attention. I wanted to be wanted, and my word, did they want me."

description

"Like I said, I was practically flawless."

My first thought:

description

But you know... things are not always what they seem. And Sophie... she is broken. Is she really vain? I don't think so... she actually hates herself, her lack of self-steem is p
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
This book! GAWD! THIS BOOK! It was THAT good.

2 things are misleading about this book; One being the cover...I thought it was a paranormal title when I first saw it, but it't not. The second thing (and the reason I purchased it) was the blurb.

AJ
Wow! What an amazing story, and something so very different from your standard YA romance. I absolutely ADORED it!

When we first meet Sophie she is a rich, bitchy, spoiled brat with no obvious redeeming qualities - “I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy." But we very quickly see that this is all a front. The real Sophie, although highly intelligent, is broken and lost, ignored by her parents and very much alon
  • Going Under
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • In the Stillness
  • There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Sempre (Sempre, #1)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • The Final Piece
  • A Different Blue
  • A Song for Julia (Thompson Sisters, #1)
  • Ruining Me (Ruining, #1)
  • Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark, #2)
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • When We Collide
  • Wounded
Fisher Amelie resides in the South with her kick ace husband slash soul mate. She earned her first 'mama' patch in 2009. She also lives with her Weim, 'Jonah', and her Beta, 'Whale'. All these living creatures keep the belly of her life full, sometimes to the point of gluttony, but she doesn't mind all that much because life isn't worth living if it isn't entertaining, right?

Fisher grew up writing

The Seven Deadly (7 books)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • Fury (The Seven Deadly, #3)
  • Idle (The Seven Deadly, #4)
  • Lust (The Seven Deadly, #5)
  • Binge (The Seven Deadly, #6)
  • Envy (The Seven Deadly, #7)
“No one can know sincere happiness, Sophie, without first having known sorrow. One can never appreciate the enormity and rareness of such a fiery bliss without seeing misery, however unfair that may be.” 308 likes
“The shortest distance between two points is the line from me to you.” 246 likes