Start by marking “The Sheik's Ruby” as Want to Read:
The Sheik's Ruby

The Sheik's Ruby

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Shelby wants to break away from the mold of her small town and make a name for herself in the big-city journalism world. While skiing, she meets mysterious stranger Hakim who is actually the prince of the Middle Eastern kingdom of Khali-dar.

When his enemies learn of Hakim’s connection to an American girl, they target Shelby. Fleeing to the safety of Khali-dar, Shelby fall
Published May 8th 2015 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Can I tell you a secret? Last month my daughter went to a teen writer's conference and Jennifer Moore was there. Parents aren't allowed at the conference until the very end but since it was just a bit too far to go home, I was around the area reading my books. I was like a little fangirl (not stalker, fangirl), watching the authors mill around for classes and such. I saw Jennifer Moore and did a little internal squeal. I wanted to call out, "I'm reading your book right now. I really like it!" Ha ...more
Katie W
(4.5 Stars) First off, I love the cover and I think it goes very well with the characters and the storyline. It almost has a James Bond feel to it.

I've always been intrigued by royalty. I love The Prince and Me (movie) because the thought of a normal, average girl capturing the attention of a prince makes me swoon. Shelby is a small town girl from Colorado working for a sports magazine. She is pretty, but not spectacular, and has a competitive streak. Shelby is also very brave, determined, and c
Kathy
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another great book by Jennifer Moore. Semi-predictable with a little bit of a fairy tale feel to it but still a lot of fun to read. Reminded me quite a bit of one of my favorite movies (The Prince and Me) but with a different setting.
Content: Clean
Melanie
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hakim is a prince and he meets Shelby on the ski slopes in Colorado. She has no idea who he is and treats him like a regular man, which he likes. His bodyguard, Nasir, is always close by and Hakim passes him off as a friend. Hakim and Shelby enjoy each other's company, knowing that it will end when he returns home. Hakim can't stay away from Shelby, though, and his true identity is revealed to her before he can tell her himself, which then causes some trust issues.

Terrorist attacks in Hakim's co
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I would consider this a Cinderella story. Shelby is a working girl from a small town in Colorado. While on assignment for the winter sports magazine she meets a handsome man and challenges him to a race down a ski slope. She doesn't realize his a Prince from the a small country in the Middle East.

Prince Hakim loves that fact that Shelby has no idea who he is and he can be a "normal" person around her, her family, and friends. He can mingle in a happy middle class home without people seeing to hi
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book since the only books I've read by this author are regency romance. This book, however, is a contemporary romance where the main characters are an American cowgirl and the prince of a Middle Eastern country!
It was an easy, yet entertaining read.
Julie
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this one while I was on vacation and funny story, I had just finished another book and was getting ready to read this one, but thought I hadn't read the bonus material at the end of the book I'd just finished. I picked up my Kindle and started reading that and was immediately hooked, thinking, whoa, I am definitely going to buy this book. I was two chapters in, when I realized I was actually reading The Sheik's Ruby! I know, silly me, but this book was so captivating right from the very b ...more
Tori
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Has Jennifer Moore written a bad book, ever? Not that I know of. This story had intriguing characters, action, romance, and I feel a little more cultured after finishing it. I loved the story of the songbird and lion and how it tied in to the title. Hakim was a sweetheart and Shelby was tough. Loved it!
Christina
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An incredible story!!

I loved this book! The author did a fantastic job creating beautiful and detailed settings, as well as interesting characters. It's pretty much a beautiful fairytale, with a cowgirl and a middle eastern Prince. I loved all the supporting characters- they added depth to the story and were very interesting :)
Chesney
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
A middle eastern Prince. A sweet western girl. A story of a ruby. Kidnapping, love, and kissing! While contemporary romance is usually not my genre, this did not disappoint from the first page until the last.
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I've loved all the Jennifer Moore books I've read. This one was good, too. A bit farfetched, but so was 'Princess Diary', and I adore that movie :) This book had a spunky American woman and swoon-worthy prince... what more can one ask?!
Heather
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun story that's a bit like Cinderella meets James Bond.
Tracy
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I'd say it was a solid 3.5 Very cute, easy read.
Darla
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
(Genre:Fiction/romance/contemporary) This is an enjoyable "chick lit" book about a 25 year old sports magazine writer named Shelby that runs into a Middle Eastern prince, Hakim, on the ski slopes. She doesn't realize who he is and he decides not to tell her, since it is isn't often that he spends time with people who treat him like a normal person. Of course, she eventually finds out and has to decide if she can fit into his world or not. While it is pure fluff entertainment, Shelby is a fun her ...more
books are love
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was sweet. I felt for Xander he so like Shelby and couldn’t act on it but only did when Hakim was in the picture out of fear of losing her which only hurt them in the end and they lost a precious friendship. Our heroine is a fascinating character. She will capture your eye from the beginning. she is strong, independent, smart and yet sweet , kind and dignified. She has a quiet way about her that draws people in and her way of treating everyone the same no matter what their station in life i ...more
Cathy
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm always on the lookout for new books by my favorite authors and Jennifer Moore is really one of the best. I love her characters, she really has a way with making the characters step off the pages of her books and seem real. Shelby was such a great character, it was so fun to see things from her perspective. It was also really fun how Shelby didn't know that Hakim was a prince, but the reader does, that made the scene where he was helping her family on the farm doubly funny to me! Hakim is a g ...more
Mindy
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Oh my goodness, this book is so much fun. This was the first book that Jennifer wrote, and it is up there as one of my favorites of hers. She is such a talented author and has such a wonderful variety of style in her writing. I loved Shelby instantly. She is a remarkable character. I loved how we knew Hakim's secret early on as we witnessed his inner struggle with it. Hakim is a fabulous character too. I enjoyed how Jennifer took care in writing her main characters so well, and also her supporti ...more
Andrea
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I first heard about author Jennifer Moore last year when I read Becoming Lady Lockwood (if you like historical fiction/Regency romance, don't miss Becoming Lady Lockwood-especially if you appreciate clean books). Since then, I've been excited to read anything else that Moore has had published. When I read about The Sheik's Ruby I wondered how it would compare to her other books. I wasn't captivated by the cover, but I decided to give it a try anyway, and I'm glad that I did.

The Sheik's Ruby is a
Charissa
I like Jennifer Moore’s stories. Her others have been set in the 1800’s, but this is her first contemporary romance I’ve discovered. Shelby is a writer for a winter sports magazine. When she meets a mysterious foreigner on the slopes in Colorado, her life is forever changed. Hakim Khalid is intrigued by Shelby when he meets her and is treated like a normal person. He doesn’t ever want to enlighten her as to his true status as prince of his country, Khali-dar. As romance blossoms between them une ...more
Shauna
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS BOOK!
OF COURSE I LOVE ANYTHING JENNIFER MOORE WRITES!
FUN! FANTASTIC! ADVENTURES! ROMANCE!

I loved the playful teasing and competition between Shelby and Hakim, especially before she knows who he really is.

And wait until you read about how the prince who was raised with different values, especially when it come to women, reacts in the informality of American ways.

You will so marvel at the strong and silent bodyguard, Nasir, and how he often questions the prince's choice,
Nari
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This a Cinderella story with a mid eastern flavor. I loved the characters. Shelby Jo Walker is a bit of a tomboy who is very independent. She writes articles for a winter sports magazine and is checking out some new runs at a ski resort when she meets Hakim. Hakim likes that Shelby treats him like a normal person. Hakim is tired of people treating him different because he is a prince. Hakim and Shelby spend time together and really enjoy each others company. Then Shelby is in an accident and Hak ...more
Cheryl
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, fun story! Jennifer Moore has become a favorite author of mine. These characters sucked me right in and I cannot stop thinking bout them. The dilemma of a middle eastern prince falling in love with a small town american girl really made sense to me. There were times when I thought that it really couldn't work out. Both characters have strong personalities that I admire. I loved being transported to another culture that I know very little about. I didn't want to put the book down at a ...more
Jen
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I downloaded this book on my Kindle app and started reading right away! I LOVE this book!! Shelby meets Hakim, a mysterious foreigner on a ski slope in Colorado. The sparks fly almost immediately and they have such a friendly rapport that keeps you reading to see how or if the relationship develops. There is a sweetness to this romance but it definitely has some intrigue and danger for these two. I could have kept reading if there was more... So good. Clean romance!
Erica
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not quite 4 stars, but we'll round up.

I've loved all of Ms. Moore's books! The note in here indicates this is the first book she wrote, and you can kinda sense that while reading. Her subsequent books have a more polished feel to them, but this was still an enjoyable story with likable characters. Interesting plot, vivid descriptions and a little mystery and action thrown in.

Glad I read it.
Jan
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-books
Not as good as her other two books I've read. This one takes place in the present, but I don't see why that had to make it really drag in the middle. There didn't seem to be enough story for this novel. Do yourself a favor and read something else of hers (: I liked Becoming Lady Lockwood and Lady Emma's Summer Campaign much more than this.
Lisa
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not good, but it wasn't bad either. I think a big part of what my problem was, was the cover of the book. It looked like a really bad 1980's romance novel. I have also come to realize with this book that I like the author's historicals much better than any modern novel that she will ever write. I had big problems trying to get into this novel, I finished but it was a struggle.
Tiffany
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Jennifer Moore is one of my favorite authors and this book did not disappoint. Most of Moore's books are Regency romances; however, this book is a contemporary romance. I was pleased to find it just as entertaining and well written. Can't wait to read more!
Melissa
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, young-adult
This is a fun modern Cinderella story with a Middle Eastern twist. I really like Jennifer Moore's historical romances so I wondered if I would like her contemporary romance. I did! She really made the characters likeable and the exotic location was fun too. Fun clean read!
Patricia
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This had action, romance, and great characters. The setting was unusual and that was a welcome change of pace for me. I recommend this book. It has lived up to the high standard set by Moore's first two books.
Rachel
Jul 27, 2015 added it
Story Line was good, but not written well.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Sarah M. Eden British Isles Collection
  • Love at First Note
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: California Dreamin' Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Mail Order Bride Collection
  • Before the Clock Strikes Thirty
  • Love Unexpected: A Storybook Romance
  • Jessie Belle (The Women of Merryton #1)
  • A Lady's Favor
  • Summer House Party
  • Failsafe (Guardian, #1)
  • Playing For Keeps
  • Willowkeep
  • Miss Armistead Makes Her Choice (Miss Delacourt #6)
  • Victoria's Promise (The Newport Ladies Book Club)
  • My Fair Gentleman
  • Not Always Happenstance (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: All Regency Collection
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology: Silver Bells Collection
Jennifer Moore is a passionate reader and writer of all things romance due to the need to balance the rest of her world, which includes a perpetually traveling husband and four active sons, who create heaps of laundry that are anything but romantic. Jennifer has a BA in linguistics from the University of Utah and is a Guitar Hero champion. She lives in northern Utah with her family.
More about Jennifer Moore

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be