Start by marking “Protecting Shaylee (The Fae Guard, #1)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Shaylee (The Fae Guard, #1)

Protecting Shaylee

(The Fae Guard #1)

Shaylee
As a child, I believed in the fairytales my father told me.
Until he was gone and with him, that belief.
As a girl, I believed in the friendship and protection of Aden.
He made me begin to believe again.
As a woman, I believed in the possibility of love and passion between myself and Aden.
Until he was gone and with him, my belief in magic and happy endings.

Aden
When she
Published April 22nd 2015 by Elle Christensen

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Shaylee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Shaylee

Stacie
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
3+ "New to me take on Faries" Stars!

I liked it. Very predictable bad guy and (can't believe I'm saying this) too much sex. Also Aden was a bit immature to be 76 years old. But Shaylee was a fiesty smart a**. I liked her more than him. I liked the take on faries, though that is where the too much sex comes in to play. Some of those scenes could have been cut to make more time for world building, and explaining being fated. Even more build up to the big showdown with the baddie would have been goo
Lena83
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was unsure of the book in 60% of the way but wow it was really shocking how she made a character In the beginning of the book be so unimportant and then in the sort of end become one of the evil villain that and the funny ending change the 4/5 stars to a 4.5/5 stars I recommend this book if you like fae and new adult but to warn you its instant love.
I quickly jump in and read this book because I want a fae book (and also free on kindle) I'm not really reading this type of book so I thought I s
kelly {BookCrushin}
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: earc, new-adult, reviewed
4.5 stars! Full review to come.

My initial thought when I started this was that I wasn't expecting it to be as dirty as it was! lol but I'm very happy to have been given a chance to read & review it!

Edit: Full Review post in conjunction with the Blog Tour on BookCrushin on 9/22/15.

"And in that moment, the wall I erected around my heart is obliterated and my love for him comes rushing in, surrounding me, filling my soul with light."

When I first started reading Protecting Shaylee, my initial
Amy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

“It is common among humans to see things not as they are, but as their imaginations perceive them to be. Experiences are romanticized, and folklore is created. However, some of these tall tales are not as far-fetched as you might think. For within a lie, there is always a kernel of truth. Among these legends are those of otherworldly creatures and people. However, the truth is often so wildly distorted that you may not recognize them for what they are…”

Ever since I read
manuela
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I haven’t read many NA fantasy books, because I don’t generally enjoy them too much, but this one was pretty good and I was really intrigued by the fae world.

“We’ll go to Rien. You’ll be training. I’ll teach you how to protect yourself and others by using magic properly, as well as physical training.” That stops me short and my lips turn up in a wicked smile. “Are you telling me that eventually, I’ll be able to kick your ass?”
Chu
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my FIRST ADULT paranormal book, aw, so these too can be hot and sizzling. Besides the fact that I was entranced by the background of the story, the story of their world, of the fae guards and the villains that wants them gone.

Their world is not like that of Harry Potter, where walls can move and staircases changes every now and then, it’s fairly like the normal world, with people who doesn’t grow old. Your grandmother can look like 25 years old. Don’t you just love this world?

I love tha
Danielle
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I went into Protecting Shaylee with high hopes, and while I liked it, in the end I was really wishing for more. I'm a huge fan of paranormal romance and since fae-based books are so few and far between I usually jump on them any chance I get... That being said, I felt like even though they're in the fairy world, everything was just too normal for me to really connect with it on a paranormal level. I guess I'm like Shaylee and expect the fae world to feel more like a fairytale.

Shaylee grew up lis
Pernille
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sooo much hope

And then it fell short...

The characters are awesome - let me say that.

But seriously - there really isn't much of a plot. I thought she was gonna be a badass fighter - Well, that's not the story Line. But, they had hot sex. And that was about it.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
This sounds so freaking good. I just need some disclaimers. ( do either sleep around while apart or after they reconnect ) I'm debating on whether I should review for tour or not.
Danielle Ione
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get an advanced readers copy of this book. I'm just going to start off by saying, paranormal isn't always my thing. I mean, I love it, but over the years I've found it hard to enjoy them like I used to. I couldn't get past the extreme situations, or how over the top the paranormal elements were. I happen to favor a little more of an understated kind of magic when reading that genre. So I went in with my mind open, but I was not disappointed. Elle Chri ...more
AK Mama Reads
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I'm so totally in love with this book right now. It's not often that I find a newer author with so much promise, but when I do, I want to shout it to the whole world- but I don't have a mountain, I have a blog and a computer, so here we are. Shaylee is not a princess that needs saving, and Aden is not a knight in shining armour. They are both part of the fae world, but they aren't invincible, and they certainly aren't immune to the strange emotions humans are plagued by. I felt like we real ...more
Leah Craig
Apr 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
I gave up almost halfway through. I guess I should have seen it coming, but I'll always give fantasy a chance. If you're into the domineering, alpha personality from your men in books, you'll like this, but it was just too much for me. I gave up right after a part where Aden forces Shaylee to change her clothes because other men were looking at her. Nooooo thanks. The characters weren't all horrible, but the alpha to the extreme mess and Shaylee's willingness to take it just killed any care I ha ...more
K. Webster
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Protecting Shaylee had all of the elements I loved in a book. Suspense/action, super steamy sex, second chance love, and faeries! Elle Christensen wrote an amazing book that hooked me right from the beginning. I truly look forward to reading about the other faeries in the gang and see how their love stories evolve. This book was very refreshing and different than typical takes on fae. I felt like it had a clever, modern feel to it that we just haven't seen up until now. Five Fae Stars all the wa ...more
Chrissy Dyer
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elle Christensen gives us the best "Faery Tale" ever written!! Erotic, magic, love, mystery and suspense! Couldn't put it down!!
Nicole
4.5 stars! Review this weekend.
Lola
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, faes

taveena kade
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I found this book forever ago and for some reason unknown to me I love it!
Monsterella Reviews
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Behind every folklore, legend, and fairy tale there lies a kernal of truth; it is the humans who embellish it and stretch it into the story that it becomes. This is something that Shaylee discovers first hand. As a little girl her father would tell her what she saw as fantastical stories about faerys, little did she know them the truth that was being them. She always knew she was a little different than others but never truly understood why, that is until her twenty-first birthday.

On her birthda
Kelsey
Protecting Shaylee was a riveting read by Elle Christensen, and I must say, I am really looking forward to this entire series! I will do my best to leave a spoiler free review - as always - but it was so good, I just want to share everything with you!! Once I picked up this book, I honestly could not set it down.

Shaylee has been told fairy tales by her father her entire life. When a devastating life event makes her banish the fairy tales, there is no telling what her future holds for her except
Sarah-Lou'S Blog
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing

ADEN. IS. FUCKING. HOT.
"
I'm always afraid of trying new genres hence why I tend to stick with in and around the same kind of books. Ok so if I'm being honest here I'm a smut whore - as if that's a shock! So my thing with genres I'm not familiar with is 'How can this possibly be hot or sexy?' *SCOFFS* Enters Aden the Alpha. He is allll Alpha and so sexy. Seriously. I think I'm in love.

" I'm not going to play games with you, Shaylee you're mine." His head lowers until his lips are at my ear. "And
Tiffany Johnson
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars 3 for storyline/plot and 4 for character relationship/steaminess! I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Shaylee is half fae/half human...but she doesn't know it. She has grown up in the the human world and has been watched over by Aden. After a rather intense encounter with Aden, he leaves, not to be seen again until her 21st birthday when he returns for her, this time to take her with him into the fairy realm. Shaylee has been discovered by the dark fae and isn't safe in
Melanie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars does this book no justice at all!!! I give this one 10 stars!! This is an exceptionally well written story full of suspense, romance and fantasy!! Elle Christensen has a gift for writing that will make you feel a part if this story from the first page. You will not want to put it down until you are finished and then you will long for more of her exceptional writing.
Shaylee is a young lady that grew up listening to her father's stories about fairies that she thought was just that, storie
Nicole
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is paranormal romance at it’s best. Elle’s mixture of the “human” and “Fae” worlds is just so damn realistic I had myself convinced that a nightlight in my house was casting fairy wings. DON’T JUDGE. I adored Aden. I love how present he was throughout Shaylee’s life, even when she didn’t know why. There is just something so endearing about his protective nature when it comes to Shaylee. Shaylee is a firecracker. The girl is fierce. I love her spunk, wit, and humor. I felt very connect ...more
Rhonda Campbell
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ella creates a new world, one in which the Fae exist, but not in the way of fairytales and folklore. The storyline is solid and the characters are brilliant. She definitely leaves you wanting more!

Aden is the hot older guy we all had a crush on when younger. He's strong, honest, protective, and possessive.

Shaylee is resilient and level headed though everything she faces. You have to respect that.

But I have to say I loved the secondary characters the most and can't wait for more of them! Fate
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excuse me while I pick up my jaw from the floor, wipe the drool of my face and find my underwear. Holy hotness! I honestly had to sit and think on this review before I was able to comprehend a coherent thought. All I could think about were the plentiful dominating sex scenes that had me running for a cold shower. On repeat. I'm pretty sure my water bill is going to be huge. I'll try to write this before my mind takes a nose dive back into the glorious gutter of this book.

The plot was one of a k
Erin Paige Bixby
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I am not normally a paranormal fan, but this book made me a believer! All of these characters were awesome! I loved the storyline. Shaylee’s father was preparing her without her knowing it. I love how the author made the Fae seem like normal people. They act just like humans. Their “land” is not back in the dark ages. They have cars and all the other good stuff there too. For Shaylee, that helps. It seems more like home and I think that helps her with her “conversion”. Shaylee takes to being a F ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SNS Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Kelli's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Protecting Shaylee had me hooked right away. When Shaylee was young, her father used to tell her stories about faries. Her dads friend, young Aden was a familiar face around the house. After Shaylee's dad died Aden came around more often. When Shaylee was 19, her and Aden had "a moment", and he took off never to contact her again. He turns up on Shaylee's 21st birthday to tell her some crazy news. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll
Literary Indulgence Reviews
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**
**Reviewing for Smut Hut Promotions**

Meet Shaylee::Coming up on her 21st birthday, her life is about to change beyond anything she can imagine.

Meet Aden::A watcher and protector over those that are half fae, he must guard Shaylee from someone out to take her life.

I adored Elle Christensen's writing style. How she weaves this tale is so humorously and infectiously done, that you won't want to put the book down. The relationships that the Hero an
Crystal
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was the first paranormal book I have read. What an introduction to this genre. I absolutely loved this story. I had no idea what to expect as far as fairies, magic and the land of fairies. I have to say it really impressed me. I was pleasantly surprised to find dirty talking fairies, who live lives similar to humans (without unicorns who poop rainbows).
The main characters were so well developed, I fell in love with them from the beginning. Shaylee is a strong independent lady! I love t
Cathy
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Protecting Shaylee" is now high up on my re-read list! I absolutely loved it! Honestly, when I first opened it, I wasn't 100% sure if I would like it - it's about faes and previously, not always my favorite genre (well, I enjoy some paranormal but not so much faes) Well, Ms. Christensen has changed my attitude about that! Shaylee is great - she always had me chuckling. Aden is super alpha and the two together are HOT! Together, they sexually boil but it's so much more - they are meant for each ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Claimed By The Pack (Wicked Wolf Shifters, #2)
  • Shadow's Edge (Shadow's Edge, #1)
  • Turn of the Moon (Royal Shifters, #1)
  • Love and Decay, Vol. Three (Love and Decay 2, #1-4)
  • The Dying Times (The Survivor Chronicles. #1)
  • Forged by Fate (Bound by Hades #1)
  • Lucky (Inked Menace MC, #1)
  • A Promise of Love
  • What Not to Bare
  • Blood Bound (Gallows, #1)
  • Got a Hold on You
  • Homesong
  • Perfectly Scripted (The Scripted Duet, #2)
  • Bed, Breakfast, and You (Brookfield Series, #0.5)
  • Warped (Hell's Bastard, #2)
  • Bash: Volume I (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • You and No Other (St. Briac, #1)
  • The Serpent Awakes (Faerie Path: Lamia's Revenge, #1)
I’m a lover of all things books, a hopeless romantic, and have always had a passion for writing. Between being a sappy romantic, my love of an HEA, my crazy imagination, and ok, let’s be real, my dirty mind, I fell easily into writing romance.
I’m a huge baseball fan and yet, a complete girly, girl. I’m an obsessive reader and have a slight (hahaha! Slight? Yeah, right) addiction to signed books.

The Fae Guard (7 books)
  • Loving Ean (The Fae Guard, #2)
  • Chasing Hayleigh (The Fae Guard, #3)
  • A Very Faerie Christmas: A Fae Guard Novella (The Fae Guard #4)
  • Saving Kendrix (The Fae Guard, #5)
  • Forever Fate: A Fae Guard Novella (The Fae Guard #6)
  • Finding Ayva (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; The Fae Legacy #1)
“For, within a lie, there is always a kernel of truth.” 2 likes
“I’m the happiness fairy. I just sprinkled happy dust on you. Now smile. This shits expensive.” 2 likes