Start by marking “To Be a Spy: A Spy Series Short Story” as Want to Read:
To Be a Spy: A Spy Series Short Story

To Be a Spy: A Spy Series Short Story (The Spy Series Short Stories #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Fans of both historical romance and historical women's fiction will love this smart, witty, and suspenseful series from bestselling author Jessie Clever. If you like Lauren Willig, Deanna Raybourn, or Amanda Quick, you're going to fall in love with this author.

Samuel Black must make a decision: to be a spy like his father or follow his heart.

Either is likely to give his
Published April 21st 2015 by Someday Lady Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about To Be a Spy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Be a Spy

The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Quick. Cute. Sweet. Engaging.

I had fun with this one. I didn't have to wait a long time to have fun or and adventure. Samuel Black was young and in the prime of his life and it was time to make a decision. One day, one event, one chance meeting may change the future that he saw for himself.
Barbara
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: listened-to
I feel like we just got the first chapter of the story. I want more. What happens next?
Not complete if written as a short story.
I received this audiobook for free from the author or narrator in exchange of an honest review.
Lilmissmolly
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To Be a Spy by Jessie Clever is fast paced short story in the Spy Series, which is a historical romantic suspense series following the adventures of a family of spies during the Napoleonic Wars. Not having read or listened to any of the previous Spy Series books (I think there have been 4 published so far), none of the characters were familiar to me. However, I didn't feel lost or confused at any time. Like the title implies, this is a very short story, which lasted about an hour on audio. I lis ...more
Kathy
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very pleasant way to spend about an hour. Nice characters that made me want to read more of the series.
mildred richardson
added it
Aug 19, 2017
Lilania Kershaw
Sep 10, 2017
Jessie decided to be a writer because the job of Indiana Jones was already filled.

Taking her history degree dangerously, Jessie tells the stories of courageous heroines, the men who dared to love them, and the world that tried to defeat them.

Jessie makes her home in the great state of New Hampshire where she lives with her husband and two very opinionated Basset hounds.

More about Jessie Clever...

The Spy Series Short Stories (4 books)
  • To Be a Duke: A Spy Series Short Story
  • To Be a Lady (A Spy Series Short Story)
  • To Be a Debutante: A Spy Series Short Story