Start by marking “Dimensional Abscesses” as Want to Read:
Dimensional Abscesses

Dimensional Abscesses

Not all portals take you to nice places; some times they lead you to places you never expected. Even worse, you might end up somewhere you definitely didn't want to go...and you might never get home from. Dimensional Abscesses is a collection of ten stories that explore a few of these "bad" portals.
ebook
Published April 22nd 2015 by Evil Alter-Ego Press (first published April 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dimensional Abscesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dimensional Abscesses

Michell Plested
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I was a contributor and one of the editors of this book. I've got to say, I am extremely proud of how it turned out.

Multiple genre stories (ranging from fiction to Science Fiction to Horror to Epic Fantasy), some are light-hearted and some are quite dark. I dare say, there is something in here for everyone.
Christine
Inspired by a conversation about portals that take you to places you don't want to go, Hite and Plested have solicited a variety of fantasy and science fiction short stories that revolve around magic portals. From time-travelling scientists to adventurous cockroaches, these tales run the gamut.
Paradise Out of Order by Kevin Wohler: The first and what wound up being my favourite, Wohler's submission is set in a magical second-hand shop. Items have to be carefully monitored to prevent unexpected
Megan Cutler
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've never reviewed a short story anthology before, and short stories are not usually my thing, but I was interested in the subject matter of this one. What happens when a portal takes you somewhere you don't want to be? The most interesting thing about the anthology was seeing how each writer approached the topic as well as the places they wouldn't want to end up. There were some thought-provoking answers.

Some stories caught my interest more than others, but overall I enjoyed this anthology. Wi
Dan Absalonson
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm a bit biased because one of the short stories in this book is mine, but I loved all of the other ones too! They were really cool and so very different from each other. They all had to do with characters going through a portal to a place you wouldn't want to end up at but the range of stories here is huge and it's really cool how different they all are. From fantasy to modern to a story where the main characters are cockroaches you'll find yourself traveling to strange places in this antholog ...more
Keith Hughes
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short story anthologies aren't really my favorite form of reading. but I really enjoyed this one. I found the tales engaging and entertaining. The yarns spun range from whimsical to demented, but all were worth my (and your) time. Recommended.
Michell Plested
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sara
Apr 23, 2015
Jeffrey Hite
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Julayne Hughes
Jul 11, 2015
Philip Carroll
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katharina
Cek  virabey
Mar 24, 2016
Dustin McMillan
Jan 05, 2019
Michell Plested has been reading science fiction and fantasy since he was six years old, and writing for almost as long. He is an author, blogger, and podcaster living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. he writes in multiple genres, spending most of his time with science fiction, fantasy, and YA adventure.

He is the host of the writing podcast Get Published, (a 2009/2011/2013/2014 Parsec Finalist) and th