Start by marking “Denial (Careless Whispers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Denial (Careless Whispers, #1)

Denial

(Careless Whispers #1)

Book one in the CARELESS WHISPERS series. This is a standalone spin-off of the INSIDE OUT series (soon to be a TV show) that follows Ella Ferguson, Sara McMillan's best friend.

Ella Ferguson awakes alone in Italy, unsure of who she is, and a gorgeous man has claimed her as his own. He’s tall, dark, and sexy, with money and power, the kind of man who makes a girl want to be
Published November 24th 2015 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Denial, please sign up.
Lisa Jones Book 1 will be out in November. The Secret Life of Amy Bensen books 3 and 4 are coming out before then in August and September.

Start your review of Denial (Careless Whispers, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2 Denial, book 1 of 3. Suspenseful whirlwind sizzling affair between girl suffering from amnesia & her mysterious savior!

“Sweetheart, if I tie you up, it’s about pleasure, and I’ll be right there giving it to you”

Books in Careless Whispers trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Denial
Book 2: Demand
Book 3: Surrender

Denial (book 1) opens up to Ella Ferguson waking up in hospital bed staring into the eyes of a beyond handsome stranger.

“I’ve been cal
Candace
***I received an ARC of this book from the publisher, through Netgalley.com, in exchange for honest feedback.***

Recently, I began reading the 'Inside Out' series and the mystery surrounding Ella's disappearance piqued my curiosity. When I saw that Ella had her own series, I couldn't wait to dive in. As I expected, this was a suspenseful and erotic whirlwind of a story.

Ella's story begins with her waking up in a hospital bed, suffering from amnesia. She is told that she's been the victim of a mug
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4 Trust STARS

[image error]

I feel like I got duped once again. I requested yet another book on Netgalley and happily got approved. Thereafter, the book turns into book one of three with the next book set to release May 2016. I had requested a standalone or what appeared to be. That being said, yes I would have definitely read this book but closer to the second book’s release date. I’m a fan of Lisa Renee Jones but am wise to her mysterious cliffhangers.

If you have read book one of The Inside Out
Lisa Jones
Oct 01, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Get your FREE Careless Whispers/Inside Out poster and TWO FREE BONUS SCENES - a Kayden & Ella scene, and a Chris & Sara scene! You'll also be entered to win a $100 Amazon gift card! http://lisareneejones.com/giveaway

Denial (Careless Whispers #1) is 99 cents (reg. $7.99) for a LIMITED TIME ONLY to celebrate the upcoming release of the Careless Whispers finale - SURRENDER on Jan. 9th!! Read below on how to enter to win a $100 Amazon gift card and receive a FREE bonus scene from Chris & Sar
✰ Liz ✰

★ 4 UNDENIABLE STARS★

"What could be so bad that I'd rather leave myself behind than face it?"

description

Denial is the first book in the Careless Whispers Series! Additionally, it is my first Lisa Renee Jones read. The blurb was a real attention grabber and I am exceedingly glad that I picked this book up! The questions and the suspense of the "unknown" are what kept me hooked the entire read! Although this is a spin off of Jones' The Inside Out Series, I had no trouble jumping right in!

"Hiding. Running. Vu
Pam

What would you do if you woke up in a hospital room in Italy, staring at beautiful man, with no recollection of who you are, how you got there and who that man is??? That is where Ella finds herself, not knowing who to trust and worse what to do next. Clearly caught up in something far bigger than she can ever fathom, she has to use her gut and go where she feels most safe, or at least as safe as she can be considering the circumstances.
“I want to believe you. But words and a k
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have not read any books by this author but having read so many glowing reviews on this series and also such a great synopsis, I decided to give it a try.

Denial is the 1st book in Lisa Renee Jones, Careless Whispers Series, which is a spinoff from her Inside Out Series, which I haven't read yet.

A beautiful American woman wakes up in a hospital bed in Rome, Italy with no idea of who she is, to find the most-beautiful-man-in-the-world , who turns out to be the person who saved her from a street m
Eliza

Title: Denial
Series: Careless Whispers,#1
Author: Lisa Renne Jones
Release date: 24th November, 2015
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

From the first few pages, I found myself completely hooked on the mystery and intrigue Denial had to offer. The blurb promises sultry suspense and Lisa Renee Jones delivers just that.

We are first introduced to our heroine as she rouses in a hospital bed. With no recollection of the events that led to her hospitalisation, her only source
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

“There are a lot of things I want to do to you, Ella, but I promise you, killing you isn’t one of them.”

When I was reading this book, the first thing that I thought of was, “This would be an awesome TV show!”. I know Lisa’s Inside Out series is going to be a TV show, but man I hope this one does, too!

Ella Ferguson wakes up in a hospital with no memory prior to waking up that moment and coming face to face with a gorgeous stranger. According to
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Who Am I Stars

I’m really excited about Denial. The Inside Out series has such a huge impact in the reading world, I like that I’m going into a new series with a blank slate.

You do not need to read the Inside Out series prior to reading Denial (I didn’t). Denial is a spinoff from the Inside Out series and is part of the Careless Whispers series.

From page one, I was instantly hooked. I love Lisa Renee Jone’s writing style and I’m slapping myself in the face for not reading her books for so long!
Jayme

It was my first book of Lisa Renee Jones and I already know that I have to make time for a previous book by the author. This is a spin-off of the Inside Out series and I'm dying to read it and the next book in this series. Mind blowing amazing! Mrs. Jones, you have a new fan.

About the plot: Ella wakes up at a hospital with no recollection of what had happened to her. Next to her bed is a stranger, who is the only source of information. She realizes that she has lost her memory, or rather displac
Beverly
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Unexpected greatness. That is exactly what Denial was. From the very beginning I was drawn in and in the end I was left dying for more.

Can you imagine waking up in a foreign country with no recollection of who you are, not even knowing the most basic facts about yourself. That’s exactly what happened to Ella, the heroine, when she woke up in Italy. She was attacked in an alley and left with temporary amnesia. When she wakes up it is to Kayden, the guy who saved her life.

This story seriously
Carissa
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s-2015
An enigmatic start to Denial, turns into a twisted web of suspense, founded on lies and betrayal. We start off with a young woman awakening in a hospital room, with a severe concussion, which renders her unable to remember anything. Not even the mysteriously handsome stranger, with the intense blue eyes, that pierces her soul. His aura feels familiar, however, either claims to know the other. He simply came to her aid in an alleyway, where he found her.

Our mystery woman, only vaguely remembers a
Vishous
Arc via Netgalley

1.5

Tags:
Suspense
Dark

Me:
WHERE?!?!?!

If you asked me to describe this book in one word, it would be BORING.
With such a start you actually expect the suspense part, but it never delivers because nothing, I repeat NOTHING, happens in this book. I don't even care that the book is slow paced, but good grief this was simply boring. I literally wanted to DNF after every chapter because I saw this wasn't going anywhere. I couldn't even feel the chemistry between the main characters bec
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This book drove me crazy, but in a good way. Ever since I read the Inside Out series, I've wanted to know WTF happened to Ella. I knew she was in Europe and involved with a "bad guy" but beyond that, her predicament was left unclear. So thank you Lisa Renee Jones for clearing things up for me. Kinda.

In the beginning of this book, all I could think of was this one song...

Why? Because in this book we found Ella waking up in a hospital bed... with AMNESIA!! She didn't even know her name. She had no
Dali
99 cents sale (01/09/2017) http://amzn.to/2jnh5BV

Thrillingly seductive and addicting. This fast paced story about a woman with amnesia kept me glued to my seat with its exciting suspense and chemistry that set the pages ablaze.
“The minute you stepped into my room,” he murmurs, nibbling at my neck, “you became mine tonight. Mine to tease. Mine to please...”

Ella wakes up in an Italian hospital room with a beautiful man next to her but without a single clue as to who she is or why she’s there.
Michelle
ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review

photo barel_zpsjnow9yjb.gif

A phenomenal addictive and spellbinding read!!!! Lisa Renee Jones continues to bewitch her readers as she delivers a book with such prowess, finesse, and sophistication in her newest release, Denial. Ms. Jones delivers a story that is filled and weaved with so many layers of intrigue, mystery, suspense, and chicanery. With her gorgeous and detailed prose, Ms. Jones takes readers on a suspenseful and mysterious journey of a young wom
Bibi
Oct 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, cnf
**Spoilers**

Can't quite put my finger on why this isn't working for me. Why do I feel like the plot is inauthentic and the author is merely pandering?

It's inconceivable-to me- that an amnesiac-American-female would wake up at a hospital in Italy, see a beautiful guy by her bedside, agree to follow him (reluctantly) to his home then sleeps with said guy. All, while having recurring flashbacks of a different sinister male. Hmmm... Why not insist on going to the US Consulate? Why accept the strang
~Stéphanie's Journal~
First book of the Careless Whisper trilogy - spin-off of the Inside out series
HEA: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Trigger: (view spoiler)

I wanted to read Lise Renee Jones books for a long time. With the upcoming release of Behind close doors and Surrender I couldn't miss the opportunity to review her whole Careless Whisper series.

All I knew before starting Denial was that Ella wakes up in a
Joëlle
*** ARC kindly provided by the publisher "Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books.", via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review. ***

I really loved the “Inside Out” series from this author and was so happy when I got approved for this ARC!

This is a well written story but it seemed to drag a little. Well ‘drag’ sounds worse than it was… I can’t exactly point out what I missed but I did really enjoy it. I would have loved some more suspense or drama.

As for the story. I really liked the concept of a
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Holy hotness. If I ever want a steaming hot, suspense filled, drama laden read I know I can pick up a Lisa Renee Jones book and be a happy camper.

I'm getting ready for her new book to come out which is the second in this series so I thought I better read part 1. This book is loaded with steamy sex with a delicious, beautiful man, some intrigue, some suspense and so much more I can't even remember. But what I do remember and think about is that I could not put this book down and I ended up readin
Snow

4.25 "Who am I?" stars

She wakes up in a hospital without a memory after she's been mugged in a darken alleyway.

She wakes up looking at the most intense blue eyes...into the eyes of a man who found her and brought her to safety...

the man who would help her find her life back, find her name, her identity...with her being lost and alone in a foreign country, not speaking the language...totally unfocused, confused and scared.

This man "feels" so familiar to her, she lets him keep her safe, protect h
Vasiliki
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Fantastic book!!! I really don't know from where to start...!
So, this is the story of the girl who wakes up in a hospital and doesn't remember anything after before being attacked. The story starts immediately and it's quite intense. There is lots of mystery, suspense and passion. Lots of emotions! I couldn't breathe everytime Ella was speaking with Kayden and I got chills.

There is also a mystery. I really couldn't figure out who was
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Before you start reading this review and the Careless Whispers Series - you might want to read the whole #InsideOutSeries! Ella's books can totally be read as standalones, BUT you don't really wanna miss reading about Chris & Mark!!! Plus, Ella's story kinda begins in the Inside Out series!

description

”... two people lost in the stories of our lives, of our pasts. And I swear to God I'll find myself in the end.”

description

Ok - we all remember Ella, right?

She was Sara's best friend and neighbor, who suppose
Bj
4.5 "Who Am I/Who Can I Trust" Stars!

Lovers of romantic suspense titles with detailed slow reveals will absolutely treasure Denial. Moreover, the heat level of this alpha hero romance is off the charts. This book kept me guessing for most of its pages, and panting through the rest; and it's just the beginning as the full story will only be revealed over the entire trilogy that makes up the Careless Whispers Series.

Additionally, for those of you who are wondering if Denial can be read without the
Samantha
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 deceptively deep and intriguingly awesome stars! I think Lisa Renee Jones is the queen of confusing yet fascinatingly sexy story lines and is probably the reason I enjoy reading her books so much. This book has many different elements that all come together to throw you up, down, left, right, and up again. The cliffhanger leaves you wanting more and desperately trying to gather your scattered wits.

Kayden is the beautiful man Ella first sees when she opens her eyes in a hospital room with no
AH
Hmmm....I'm on the fence with this one. I did enjoy it, yet parts of it kind of made me roll my eyes. Ella wakes up in a hospital, somewhere in Italy. There's a beautiful man near her. She has no memories and has no idea who she is or how she came to be at a hospital suffering from a concussion. The man is protective of Ella. He's filthy rich and lives in a castle. He's taken responsibility for Ella and brings her home to recuperate.

I don't know, some of the things that happened to Ella scream
Kate

photo unpopular_zpskytuvhp4.png

I have thought long and hard in what to write for my review for Denial. Now I personally would love to be in denial about this book and as I stated above this is going to be an unpopular opinion alert.

Now admittedly I have only read two books by this author so far which as far as I can remember I liked. I haven’t read the Inside Out Trilogy as it just wasn’t for me.

I read this blurb on Netgalley and thought hell yeah this is going to be good. Turns out that it wa
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

What a thrilling start to a new series!

The book had mystery, romance and spicy intrigue that will have you guessing all the way. A woman who wakes up with amnesia. A man who is as mysterious as he is handsome.

When Ella has to trust the stranger who stays by her side after her accident, her life will spiral out of control and Pandora's box will be opened for secrets to come out.

Odd flashbacks, terrifying dreams will lead her to the truth, but i
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
'Denial' by Lisa Renee Jones is book one in the "Careless Whispers" series. This is the story of Ella Ferguson and Kayden. This series is said to be a spin off of "Inside Out" by Lisa Renee Jones...which I haven 't read yet. So I thought this was good as a standalone book...now this series does continue the story through two more books for Ella....so be prepared for a cliffhanger.
Ella has awaken with Amnesia
Denial 1 10 May 03, 2016 04:22PM
Anxiously Waiting!! 2 16 Dec 04, 2015 08:08AM
Lisa Renee Jones'...: Discussions 2 51 May 19, 2015 08:57PM
Lisa Renee Jones'...: Reading Order 1 8 May 17, 2015 08:07PM

• Like Gravity
  • The Purest Hook (Second Circle Tattoos, #3)
  • Amore: Part 2 (Amore, #2)
  • Amore: Part 1 (Amore, #1)
  • Alphahole
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian, #1)
  • Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1)
  • A Gentle Feuding
  • The Fractured Heart (Second Circle Tattoos, #2)
  • Zeke (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #3)
  • Heart of Stone (The Stone Series #1)
  • Killian
  • Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)
  • Life After Taylah
  • Slate (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #2)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 2 (Tainted Hearts, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones is the author of the highly acclaimed INSIDE OUT series. Suzanne Todd (producer of Alice in Wonderland) on the INSIDE OUT series: Lisa has created a beautiful, complicated, and sensual world that is filled with intrigue and suspense. Sara’s character is strong, flawed, complex, and sexy - a modern girl we all can identify with.

In add

Careless Whispers (3 books)
  • Demand (Careless Whispers, #2)
  • Surrender (Careless Whispers #3)