Start by marking “Diamond Run” as Want to Read:
Diamond Run

Diamond Run ( Phil Mahood #1)

A bloody diamond heist in New York City leads a mobster killer to Canada to find hidden keys to a previous haul. Cutting down anyone in his way, he targets Sue Jensen, whose former jeweler-boyfriend gave her the clue the mobster needs: it’s in her haunted Ontario farmhouse. Organized Crime Investigator Phil Mahood, his judgment clouded by being Sue’s new boyfriend, can’t w ...more
Published July 22nd 2015 by Booktrope

To ask other readers questions about Diamond Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diamond Run

Debbie Krenzer
Jun 02, 2015 Debbie Krenzer rated it really liked it
Shelves: misc-wins
Wow, a vicious, hardened criminal will stop at nothing to get any diamonds he knows of as his last job. Anyone helping him is dead after the job is done. He leads a bloody path everywhere he goes, and has been at it for five years. Can he be caught? How many more victims will there be?

And this is also a ghost story! I have never read a book that had both of those genres until now. And this ghost actually plays a major role in the story.

What a great book it was! The beginning was a little slow
Mary Marrin-Cross
May 27, 2015 Mary Marrin-Cross rated it it was amazing
I loved this wonderfully written story of passion and crime, murder and intrigue. My eyes danced , raced across the pages to discover the next move in the game that is played by Marco and his pawns, with Phil and Ernie and the crew of blue fast on his trail.

From the onset we are taken on a ride by mysterious and "nasty" Marco- His greed and sense of mastery of crime let us know early in, this aloof character will not be an easy catch. The world turns upside-down across borders as we become entan
Jane
Jun 17, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book and an author I knew nothing about- I was asked to review Diamond Run by Librarything.com.

This is the author's second novel, the first was Bravo's Veil which I am just about to read.

I was totally engrossed in the book, and ideal as the weather at the weekend was so wet for June, so I snuggled up and started this action packed story. There is murder, mystery, a bit of spookiness and some passion thrown into the mix.

As the rain fell I was lost in this strange world, with Sue
Connor
Jun 25, 2015 Connor rated it liked it
I received a PDF copy of this book for free via LibraryThing Early Reviewer program. I found this book hard to follow at first, but as I got further into it the story line became clearer. However, it does combine a combination of genres, including thriller, paranormal, romance, and mystery. At times it can seem that there is too much or too many genres in one story, but it does all come together in the end.
One thing I would recommend, is that the Author's Note be in the front of the book, and n
Angela
Nov 13, 2015 Angela rated it it was amazing
This book was very entertaining once it really got started. The first couple chapters it was hard to get into, but I promise it gets better. I loved how the author mixed up the real world with the supernatural world, but not enough that it will turn off the reader of the crime/suspense genre. It moved at a very steady pace. I also enjoyed how it tied up everything so neatly in the end. I do look forward to seeing how Mr. Croucher develops his character of Off. Mahood as time progresses. He is of ...more
Joan Mueller
Jun 15, 2015 Joan Mueller rated it it was amazing
Diamond Run by Michael Coucher
This book was a true action-oriented novel. The dialog flowed into the content of the book as the reader imagined the voices speaking the words. The plot was rich with sound based on the words in the story. The reader experienced the action in the story as if they were in the same space as the characters. The descriptions in the book were vivid and real enabling the reader to see into the world of the character. I received an ARC. I really loved the book and would
Leslie
Aug 26, 2015 Leslie rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book! I loved the gritty detail that the main character Phil provides as an organized crime investigator in the late '70's and the hunt for the bad guys will have you unable to put the book down. The paranormal side story was a unique twist that hooked me in even further! I definitely plan to read other works by this author.
Alice Dinizo
Alice Dinizo rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Kay
Kay rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Cec Norman
Cec Norman rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
caitlin
caitlin marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Jason Meller
Jason Meller marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Gary Schwartz
Gary Schwartz marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
M.K.
M.K. marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
John Winston
John Winston marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Debbie Kennedy
Debbie Kennedy marked it as to-read
amy
amy marked it as to-read
Pat Rosenberg
Pat Rosenberg marked it as to-read
Todd Rumsey
Todd Rumsey marked it as to-read
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Dawn Obrien
Dawn Obrien marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Melitta Cross
Melitta Cross marked it as to-read
Lt
Lt marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Ann Ellis
Ann Ellis marked it as to-read
Gordon Bingham
Gordon Bingham marked it as to-read
Patricia Bergman
Patricia Bergman marked it as to-read
Kristen Macgregor
Kristen Macgregor marked it as to-read
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Shana M. Garrity
Shana M. Garrity marked it as to-read
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Ted
Ted marked it as to-read
edit book description 1 1 May 05, 2015 06:14AM
  • Prosecco & Paparazzi (The Passport #1)
  • Still Life in Brunswick Stew (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #2)
  • Brighton
  • Last Train to Babylon
  • Leaving Annalise (What Doesn't Kill You, #2)
  • Best Friends, Occasional Enemies: The Lighter Side of Life as a Mother and Daughter
  • Hunters in the Dark
  • The Stranger You Know (Forensic Instincts #3)
  • Alice Close Your Eyes
  • Broken
  • Hunted (The Profiler, #1)
  • The Book of Someday
  • Leave Me
  • The Gates of Evangeline  (Charlotte Cates, #1)
  • The Tears of Dark Water
  • The Alphabet House
  • The Longings of Wayward Girls
  • The Gray Lady of Long Branch
Michael Croucher's books, Bravo's Veil and Diamond Run will be available in e-format shortly, and later in print. Last year his publisher closed. Now that the rights have been recovered, Michael operates as an indie author. His third novel, Rogue Gallery will be released in 2018.

Mike served on the Metropolitan Toronto Police Department for 18 years, and was a member of The Combined Forces Special
More about Michael Croucher...