Start by marking “Hello, Agnieszka! (Between Two Worlds, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hello, Agnieszka! (Between Two Worlds, #2)

Hello, Agnieszka!

(Between Two Worlds #2)

A raw tale of early love, rivalry and betrayal.

A 70s love story:
“Can music save your mortal soul?”
—Don McLean, American Pie

Short Synopsis
A passion for music. Her oldest son’s suicide attempt forces Agnieszka to reveal a past she has kept from her children. A young Agnieszka discovers a passion for music upon hearing her grand-aunt Jola, a concert pianist in Poland,
Published May 15th 2015 by Sojourner Books (first published June 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hello, Agnieszka!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hello, Agnieszka!

Start your review of Hello, Agnieszka! (Between Two Worlds, #2)
Aditi
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Some things just couldn't be protectd from storms. Some things simply needed to be broken off...Once old thing were broken off, amazingly beautiful thing could grow in their place.”

---- Denise Hildreth Jones

Evy Journey has penned a heart touching love story, Hello Agnieszka! that is the second book in the Between Two Worlds series, that tells the story of a mother-daughter relationship where the past smoothly sips into the cracks and edges of the present to make it look worthwhile. This is a
LAWonder10
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
The family is in a state of shock as Mrs. Halverson relates her never before revealed story to her family! Feeling forced by present circumstances to do so, she reaches out for understanding of her difficult childhood which led her to unwise choices... choices now others must suffer from.
This story is very interesting and - for many- understandable. The characters and situations continue to be very well-defined and realistic. The Book Cover and Title were very fitting. The one problem that distr
Cheryl
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book may be book two in this series but it can be read as a stand alone novel. Instantly, I connected with the characters and the story. The transfer from the present to the past and back to the present was nice.

At first, I was a little disappointed that the music was not featured more but as the story progressed, I realized the story really was so much more then about the music. It was about shattered dreams, first and second love.

Agnes' Aunt Jola treated her much better then her own mot
Billy Buttons
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was enjoyed by a member of the judging panel at The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what she thought:

Title
Hello Agnieszka! Between Two Worlds
Author
E Journey

FEEDBACK

Cover 8/10
In general, the cover is excellent. A strong image representing the content and genre, and easy-to-read fonts. I liked the look on the woman’s face: thoughtful, a woman with the world on her shoulders.
The blurb is also well put together. The author/publisher seem to understand who the intended reader is (probabl
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hello, Agnieszka! is the second book in the Between Two Worlds series by E Journey. I enjoyed the first book Hello, My Love! You can read my review here. And now I look forward to reading the third book.

First, I'd like to say that I like the book covers of this series. This one is perfect for this novel as it depicts Agnieszka well with her story revolving very much around her passion for playing the piano. Even the serious expression on the woman's face is just right.

The story begins with the s
Hock Tjoa
The announcement that this is a “Sequel/Prequel” to a previous book had me worried that it might be full of flash-backs and flash-forwards. Fortunately that is not so. The narrative is fairly straightforward.

The frame story is a crisis in the lives of adults in their thirties and the main story is that of their mother, told in the first person. There is not much of a plot and, apart from the MC and her grand-aunt Jola, no strong characters.

Though serviceable, the writing has some logic issues. A
Wander Girl Life
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
What happens when you have to disclose the past that you were trying to bury to protect your children? Hello, Agnieska the second book in Between Two Worlds series is all about the buried past re-routing itself in the present. In the last book, Hello, My love we see the ups and downs in Elise & Gerg’s relationship. The second book picks up from where we left, but the difference is that the protagonist of this book is Elise’s mother, Agnieska.
Agnieska is forced to reveal her past to her children
Amie's Book Reviews

Length: 273 pages

Release Date: June 19, 2014

Publisher: Sojourner Books

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

~ I received a free softcover copy of "Hello, Agnieszka! - A 70s Love Story" free through the Goodreads Giveaway program. A review is not a requirement of receiving the free book, but the authors and publishers do appreciate receiving feedback (good or bad) from readers.

Th
Crystal Marie
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit I have not read the first book in this series so I went in not knowing the history of the characters. With that being said I want to stress that I still walked away emotionally touched and renewed by reading the story of the moment a daughter sees her mother as an individual with her own hopes and dreams, sorrows and heart breaks. That moment of clarity when the mother becomes a “friend” and equal not the caregiver who is above the rest.
Elise goes through life being a career woman
Tbird London
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elise goes through life being a career woman,
Marisa
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Journey has done an amazing job building equally amazing characters and a storyline that makes you eager to turn the pages. Excited to read more from this author in the future!!
Taylor Smith
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing! It starts out with Peter's suicide attempt, which leaves the entire family shocked. Everyone is shocked about what happened to Peter, but it is also shocking to learn about Agnieszka's past. Agnieszka is hiding a dark and deep past that is full of betrayal. She is the mother in this story and everyone is shocked to find out about her hidden past. Agnieszka has suffered from a rough childhood in which her mother and grandaunt were constantly fighting over her. Her grandaunt ...more
Angela Thompson
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book for use in a blog review. All opinions are my own.

Hello, Agnieszka Takes Readers Deeper into Elise's World. As Agnieszka's, Elise's mother's, life story unfolded in her words to her children--readers were taken further into Elise's family. Secrets, betrayals and hidden stories from the past surprise the family as their mother opens up and tells all. E Journey tells a wonderful story from Agnieszka's point of view--and keeps readers turning the pages
Shree
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Note : This review is up in my blog - Book and Ink

Having read the first book in the series, I was a bit skeptic and hesitant to read this book, as I found the first to be a bit jumpy for my taste. Elise’s story progressed way too fast for my taste. This book was one big surprise. Agnieszka’s story was so heart wrenchingly beautiful and narrated with so much depth that Elise’s story paled out in comparison. I don’t regret one bit reading this book!

In the second book the writer, Evy narrates the
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
*may contain spoilers for first book*

This sequel to author E. Journey’s Hello, My Love!, opened with quotes by Hermann Hesse and Pablo Casals about holding on and music, begins with the newly-married Elise Halverson-Thorpe analyzing a client’s testimony, with her father calling with the grim news that Peter has been hospitalized and had attempted suicide, supposedly being ill with a debilitating disease. Elise and Greg have a child named Gregory, nicknamed Goyo, a Spanish diminutive for his iden
Dhivya Balaji
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
BOOK REVIEW:
A good blurb, a story about music (and its healing powers) and a poignant tale of young love (unsuccessful, but still) are part of a winning combo that would surely make any book a bestseller. Hello, Agnieszka! Is a tale of all this put together. Having already read book one,(Hello, my Love!) this one was satisfactory to all my expectations from the author.
The story starts with a tragic note and goes down the memory lane to bring back things that are hidden in the deepest, darkest
C. Mcgrue
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really a fan of contemporary stories. I'm just not really drawn to them. Usually I find the premise of them unenticing (not because they are bad but just because they don't excite me).

However, I found myself drawn into the story of Hello, Agnieszka! I wanted to know what happened next. The way the book is setup it is obvious that Agnes doesn't marry and live happily ever after with her first love and I desperately wanted to know why.

I also desperately wanted to know how she ended up with
Marilyn Wilson
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
E. Journey has a great, easy to read writing style. I consumed book one in the Between Two Worlds series - Hello, My Love! - in 24 hours and did the same with book two - Hello, Agnieszka! I love writing that flows easily like a river. You open the book and then find yourself surprised later when you look up to see that hours have passed. It's the kind of writing that takes you out of your daily routine - escapism at it's best - so I want to take this moment to offer my kudos to the author.

I made
Scott Spotson
This coming-of-age story is most compelling during the period where the main character Agnes starts her teenage years, to the time where she says goodbye for the last time to her first love. This was the core of the story: a young woman who must navigate the treacherous shoals of a new love, moralistic parents, and a burgeoning love of playing the piano. The story moves quickly and we stay invested in the character, caring about her. Lenny as her boyfriend is an interesting character, having som ...more
Jessica
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You will appreciate your Mom the most when you read this book

Growing up poor in a very conservative family is not easy for Agnieszka. She tried to be a very good daughter to her parents especially to her Mom. This girl has talent for music except her Mom did not help her to fulfilled her dreams. I am so glad that her great-aunt Jolo helped her to develop her passion for music. I do understand her Mom but I just wish that she supported her daughter 100%.

Hello Agnieszka is a continues from the boo
A.R. Wise
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Provided to reviewer for honest review*

Hello, Agnieszka is the second book in the Between Two Worlds Series, and it stands alone. Though I do believe if I’d read the first one, I would have had a bit more insight into the characters.

Agnieszka Halverson is a wife and mother with a secret. One that she’s kept well until her oldest son tries to commit suicide. That shocking attempt prompts Agnieszka to tell her other two grown children the story of her life and the secret she’s held for years.

The
E
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Hello, Agnieszka! , a novel by Evy Journey, opens readers are introduced to Elise Halverson-Thorpe who learns her brother, Peter, has attempted suicide. The real protagonist in this story is actually Elise's mother, Agnieszka. Not only has Peter attempted suicide, he has been diagnosed with an inherited disease. However, Agnieszka's other children are not at risk. In order to explain this, she has to tell her children a story she has never shared with them. The majority of the narrative is ...more
Margaret Tidwell
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Hello, Agnieszka by E Journey was a great addition to the first book in the series. If you happened to miss my review on the first book you can click here to check it out but you don’t have to read these books in order. You can read them in any order that you want to. I have really fallen in love with this authors style of writing and with the characters in both of the books. There is something that I can’t put my finger on that keeps me coming back and not wanting to put the books down. This bo ...more
Lee
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story! This is an emotional journey, as Elise's mother, Agnieszka, tells her story. She tells an amazing tale, one that goes from her time as a child learning to play the piano, to her life as a wife and mother. As a child of strict immigrant parents, Agnes is happy to escape to her aunt's house after school for piano lessons. As she grows up, she has dreams of going to university to learn music and play in concert halls. When her mother discourages her dreams, Agnes loses heart and tu ...more
Claude Dancourt
Sep 06, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had trouble finishing this book. The characters are believable and the plotline okay, if not extraordinary. My main problem came from the writing itself. It’s impersonal, and very descriptive. It keeps you at arm length instead of making you feeling for the characters.

When reading a paragraph, the author jumps from one idea to another, and then goes back to the beginning. The story suffers from the short sentences. Some dialogs are hard to follow, going on and on without any idea about who’s
Rich
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I'd like to disclose that I did line editing of this book. So, perhaps I have a bias. But don't we all do?

This novel charts the poignant history of a young girl and her relationships with her mother and her aunt and sometimes their interactions can be heart wrenching. But that is what makes the story so real and so touching. The details provided by the author about Agnieszka's roots, their apartment in Pennsylvania, the music Hall, and the hill where they live give a great feeling for loc
Isis Ray-sisco
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hello, Agnieszka! by E. Journey is a heartbreaking but heartwarming story. I give it a 4.5 because it took a it for me to get into it. Once I go into it I could not put it down. It had a lot of substance to the story and that kept me turning the pages until the very end. I really liked Agnieska she was very strong. She had a lot to deal with and was able to bounce back. I don't know what I would do in Agnieszka's footsteps but I doubt I would have handled them the same way she did. I liked some ...more
Anne Walters
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very well written story that examines the relationship between a woman and her mother. Full of twists and turns, this book has kept me interested the entire time. I’ve been intrigued and moved by its story and I am glad I found this book. Definitely worth checking out, highly recommended.
Heather
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Hello, Agnieszka by Evy Journey is the second book in the Between Two Worlds series. This is Agnieszka's story, her past, her passions - love and music, pain.

An emotional and touching read. This book was well written.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Marilyn Stanley
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved it. The author brings all the characters to life and makes you feel emotions for each one of them. A contemporary romance at it's finest.

I highly recommend it.
Making Connections: 3339. - HELLO, AGNIESZKA! by E. Journey 3 22 Aug 26, 2014 10:52AM

Between Two Worlds (3 books)
  • Hello, My Love! (Between Two Worlds, #1)
  • Welcome, Reluctant Stranger (Between Two Worlds, #3)