Start by marking “Good Morning Brew: A Parody for Coffee People” as Want to Read:
Good Morning Brew: A Parody for Coffee People

Good Morning Brew: A Parody for Coffee People

It's opening time at the coffee house. While the sun rises, the lion and kangaroo baristas welcome a menagerie of colorful customers. Join them in saying good morning to the beans, machines, and—yes, please!—caffeine! Smile along as they greet the espressos, lattes, mochas, frappes, drips, sips, and much more. Yay coffee!

Whether you prefer brewed or pressed, black or cream
Published November 3rd 2015 by Bailiwick Press

To ask other readers questions about Good Morning Brew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Morning Brew

Start your review of Good Morning Brew: A Parody for Coffee People
Nancy Shepherd
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All coffee drinkers who have children and love books
Recommended to Nancy by: Goodreads
I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads. As I read it, I imagined it could have been written by Dr. Seuss. It had that kind of metric, sing-songy feel. Then, I read the disclaimer about any connection to Goodnight Moon. I realized that I am not that familiar to Goodnight Moon, but I do know and recognize the Dr. Seuss stories.
This book is truly a parody and a fun read. I can see myself reading it aloud with my grandchildren, to help with reading skills and just for fun.
Taggerung
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's fun. Whimsical. It's something to read in the morning to get a good mood going while waiting for your coffee to brew.

Something I adore about the book is that it in no way takes itself seriously. I see so many things portrayed here that I remember from my coffee haunts of old (I don't live near a good one anymore, and trudging down to the city just for a cuppa isn't my thing.) The parody part of it will appeal to parents, and it would be (and is) fun to read out loud to someone else. The w
Dan Simonsen
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Coffee shop lovers will truly love this one. it's a playful take on our daily morning coffee rituals. The rhyming is light and playful without being obsessive. While the book is geared toward "adults" the test and flow are also perfect for reading to your young ones.

For folks who enjoy a good coffee shop beverage but don't know all of the lingo, the authors have a picture based description of the main coffee beverages. it's helpful.

Best read over a cup of coffee.

I won this one via Goodread's Giv
Irina
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun and cute read for both myself and my baby. He was very impressed with the illustrations and seemed to like the rhymes. Even though he has no idea what any of the words mean, and won't for a while still, I saw him studying the animals with great interest. My husband identified himself as the coffee-brewing lion on the cover, so I think this book is a win for everyone in the family.
I won an advanced copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway :)
Tami
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways. Goodnight Moon has always been one of my favorite children's books. This parody does not disappoint! From the rhyming words, to the subtle changes in the pictures as the day begins, to the kitty hiding on every page - both author & illustrator have done a great job of representing our daily ritual. ...more
Jessie
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a great book for anyone who loves coffee. Great for adults who love starting their mornings with a cup of coffee in hand, and great for parents who want to jump start their children's love of coffee a little early in life. This is an adorable story to start the morning, and it contains wonderful illustrations.
Jessica Sargent
Jul 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the book, the illustrations were colorful and fun. I liked the end where it shows how coffee is grown and made. The last part Do you speak espresso is a good chart to go back to. I will pass this book along to my java drinking friends and relatives so they too can enjoy Good Morning Brew!!!
Roger Gagne
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: To anyone who likes coffee and the places that serve it
Recommended to Roger by: Goodreads Giveaway
It is a cute book and parody of God Night Moon. The artwork is fun to look at and it seems I spot something new every time I check the pages out. I am already planning to share it with my more intense coffee drinking friends.

I also enjoyed the coffee bean lore at the end and how to do it on your own...if you have the time. :-)
Mary Beth
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. A cute book, but not exactly captivating. Will be sharing with my coffee-addicted sister. The parody was a bit lost on me. I think I am the wrong age. The artwork is bright and fun. I enjoyed the coffee facts at the end of the book especially.
Debbi
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ITS CUTE FOR FUN COFFEE FANS WILL LOVE THIS WHIMSICAL BOOK AND LAUGH AT THE GOODNIGHT MOON THEME TOO
Nadine
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Absolutely delightful and colorful. Read it to a young child and have them find all the cats as you enjoy the humor. I received a copy from Goodreads first reads program.
Monica
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful parody of "Good Night Moon" for adults who start out the day at their favorite coffee joint!
Bev F
Kelly
Seanna Yeager
Randi
Jul 18, 2015
Karla Oceanak is the author of the Aldo Zelnick Comic Novel Series, which has been honored with a Colorado Book Award, a Mountains & Plains Independent Booksellers Regional Book Award, an IndieNext selection, and other accolades. She has worked as a writer and editor for more than twenty years and has authored more than 100 books, some of which have been translated into Chinese, Korean, and Hebrew ...more