Start by marking “The Dreamcatcher (The Oregon Coast series #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dreamcatcher (The Oregon Coast series #2)

The Dreamcatcher

(The Oregon Coast series #2)

Book two of the Oregon Coast series

Dreamcatchers trap bad dreams - but sometimes nightmares escape!

Ellen Williams, a Native American with a gift for foretelling the future, is at a loss to explain her terrifying nightmares and the portentous feeling of dread that seems to hang over her like a shroud.

When Travis Petersen – an old friend of her brother’s – appears in her boo
Published April 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Dreamcatcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dreamcatcher

Start your review of The Dreamcatcher (The Oregon Coast series #2)
Brenda
For Native American Ellen Williams, The Reading Nook was her baby – lovingly furnished and designed, it showed her love of books and reading and was a haven for Ellen and her customers. When Ellen and the other small shop owners in Old Town were notified of the impending destruction of the buildings they were located in, to build a big glass monstrosity (which definitely wouldn’t fit in with the area) Ellen was devastated. But she vowed to fight the developers with all she had…

Ellen also had a g
Rosie Amber
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Dream Catcher is set in Florence, Oregon and continues the stories of characters we first met in The Sand Dollar. Ellen Williams is a native American book shop owner, she can see signs and portent of events past and future.

The book quickly jumps in with her brother Ron's accident with a boat hook, he needs a trip to the hospital. Travis Petersen is staying with Ron, he's an ex-war veteran and Ellen labels him as a waster.

Ellen's parents are also going through some problems, her Dad Dick is g
Bodicia
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ellen has the gift of second sight; seeing people’s futures comes easy for her but seeing her own is a different matter entirely. Ellen is resigned to being the adult child who looks after her parents whilst her brother Ron, an ex-soldier, drifts through life and only wants to hang out with his dubious friends. When another of those friends, Travis, turns up at Ellen’s book shop she tries to dismiss him mentally for the layabout he probably is but something about him makes Ellen uneasy. She thin ...more
Janine
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 in Maggie's Oregon Coast series. It continues the story that started in The Sand Dollar, in a small town on the Oregon Coast, and this time focuses on Ellen who is a Native American and owns the book store that her cousin Jenny, (who was in the first book) based her bookstore in Noosa on. Ellen is having nightmares about a car crash and people dying when Travis Peterson who served with her brother in the Vietnam war walks into her store. She has never had a serious relationship as ...more
Tony Harrington
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book. The story, the setting and the characters all hit the sweet spot for me. Finding love, fighting off evil developers, dealing with ageing and dementing parents are a good mix for a great tale. The characters are so believable that they seem like your friends or family. The Oregon coast setting is a place i love and know well as I have cousins there and have visited on several occasions. Dreamcatchers always hung above my two girls beds when they were young. We all have good and
Heather Parker
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book TWICE. Maggie has real characters that you can identify with, she has a plot line that carries you away with it, I can recommend this book - it covers the angst from the Vietnam War, the agony of the hero losing his wife and child, and facing a lawsuit from his in-laws, the meeting with Ellen of Native American heritage who has the "gift of sight", the threat (and fire) of her bookshop, her parents who are battling with her Dad's dementia. The finding of love in middle age ...more
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book in the series "The Oregon Coast." I have not read the first book in the series. This is a stand alone story and while there are some references to events which occurred in the first book, I had no trouble following the story or understanding. The second book can be read as a stand alone story -- it has a satisfactory ending, which also allows for continuation of the series.

The book is about Ellen, a book
Neva Williams
This is not a bad little book, or a bad series. What ruins it for me is the dialogue. The author is from Scotland and lives in Australia. I get that, and I'm probably not nearly as smart as Ms. Christensen, but I do know that Native Americans living in Oregon do NOT call each other "bloke" and "mate" and say "goodo" and that "We rub along fine together. She's a good sort." That was a huge distraction for me. It made the characters seem silly and not real and dashed any hope of me connecting to t ...more
April
The Dreamcatcher
(The Oregon Coast series #2)
: Maggie Christensen

This is book two in this series. Unfortunately I haven't read the first book, but this seems to stand on it's own. There are a few references to the past, but not enough to cause confusion.

An interesting story line about life changes. The characters are supposed to be young middle age, but act more on young side. The only problem I have is with the dialog. Yes, the author was born in Scotland and lives in Australia. She set the stor
louise davis
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. It starts off a little slow but then it jumps right into the plot. It also has a little supernatural theme to it. It is well worth the time to read. You won't be disappointed.
Roxanne
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Janine
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I had trouble relating to the characters as I felt their behaviours were a lot younger than their mature ages.
Michelle
Martha Berens
Apr 04, 2018
Rita Chapman
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
The Dreamcatcher follows on from The Sand Dollar, with Mike and Jenny returning to Oregon. This time the story centres around Ellen, Jenny's cousin and the new man in her life. Maggie Christensen has a writing style which is easy to read and draws you in to her characters. One for the romantics!

• Something in the Wine
  • The Cedar Tree (Tullagulla Book 1)
  • Charlie's Will (Barrington Book 1)
  • Eliza (Pentecost Island Book 2)
  • Seabreeze Inn (Summer Beach #1)
  • Turn Left for Home (Home to Lark Creek #3)
  • Seabreeze Sunset (Summer Beach #3)
  • The Waratah Inn
  • If I Never Met You
  • Red Dirt Country
  • In a Field of Blue
  • Love's Sweet Challenge (Bindarra Creek Short & Sweet Romance)
  • Seabreeze Summer (Summer Beach #2)
  • The Light in the Hallway
  • Pippa (Pentecost Island Book 1)
  • Kick the Dust
  • The Silver Creek (Woodlea, #6)
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon #1)
After a career in education, Maggie Christensen began writing contemporary women’s fiction portraying mature women facing life-changing situations. Her travels inspire her writing, be it her frequent visits to family in Oregon, USA or her home on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Maggie writes of mature heroines coming to terms with changes in their lives and the heroes worthy of them.
From he

The Oregon Coast series (3 books)
  • The Sand Dollar (The Oregon Coast Series Book 1)
  • Madeline House (The Oregon Coast Series #3)